Any Normans on here? Ethnic English with french last-name?

Any Normans on here? Ethnic English with french last-name?

no

Ethnic English are french ;-)

Not quite but my mother is from Rouen

Anglicised last name, but it's French in origin

Same. Heavily Anglicized French.

Mothers side has a french background
Fathers has a german-scottish background
Second names scottish

I am such.
Was one of Williams bastards.

heh

me too. Norman history, came in 1065.

>Normans
>French

>norman-irish

May is more masculine than Trudeau 2bh

Mine's Latin derived so I think it's Norman.

Burke reporting in

>2017
>still butthurt at being invaded by frenchies

I found my surname traced to Dungarvan, Waterford Ireland a place settled by Normans from England..

I found the name may have been written with the 'de' and I use the Gaelic rendering of the English, a place name of a small Suffolk Parish

De BĂșrca?

Normans get out

Does Potato-Norman count? Pretty sure both my sides of the family have Norman names.

>Yep
English guy here with a name that's pretty rare in the UK, is has Norman origins.

>2017
>still riding the coattails of a superior peoples
>twice

Hello GCHQ

Yes. Not a French name as the locals assimilated them and refused to pronounce it, so a letter got added, but French origin.

Yep, direct ancestor on Dad's side came over with William the Conqueror.

Jerome, does that count?

>Ethnic English with french last-name
>Normans

Normans are celtic/nordic rape babies, not "ethnic english"
>t. Norman/Breton mongrel

>celtic/nordic
I always heard they were Briton/Viking rape babies

Britons who ran away from the Saxons they had invited in to fight the Picts after the Saxons took over.

Were those Britons Celts? I think the Welsh identify as the descendants of the original Britons

People with (((Norman))) names are statistically richer than the other English groups.

There are two branches of Celts, Gaels (Irish, Manx, Scottish Gaels) and Britons (Welsh, Cornish, Bretons)

Literally being a better looking chick, while still being raped.

So the distinctions are linguistic rather than genetic?

I see the term Celtic pertains to language then culture so may encompass distinct groups with a relatively distant genetic divergence .

They are more genetically distinct from Nordics and Germanic like the Vikings, Angles and Saxons etc but aspects of Celt culture may overlap

Nordic and Germanic are the same thing but yes

Yes, it's ethnolinguistic. Genetically, modern Celts tend to be proto-European/Atlantid.

My names danish yet my father is an Irishmen, is Weldon considered Irish?

Weldon is old English

To expand, many of the "Irish" that emigrated to the US were 2nd or 3rd generation settlers as opposed to native Irish.

Sort of.

Father line was intermixed Breton/Norman who went to Scotland intermixed there, then to America intermixing more with both English & German.

Such is the existence of an Ameri-mutt.

I am. Why?

Thats what figured but my family doesn't like being associated with Brits knew I gots some britannia in me since my father was from Dublin