Does coffee/tea play a big role in your culture?

Does coffee/tea play a big role in your culture?
Ever notice how the best countries tend to prefer coffee? (Italy, maybe someplace next to Italy, etc.)

Other urls found in this thread:

edibletimes.com/how-to-make-espresso-at-home/
peaktestosterone.com/Coffee_Caffeine_Dangers.aspx
psychcentral.com/lib/caffeines-effect-on-adhd-symptoms/
youtube.com/watch?v=dIFnx5hxMA0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm making a french press espresso shot right now. Can I get a basic gestalt: is this redpilled?

Tea is a huge part of our culture.

When I chill in Norway I also drink a fuck ton of coffee, because my girlfriend's family and her fucking love it, 4 cups a day or more.
All scandi countries drink shit tons of coffee but somehow it isn't a big stereotype

Coffee is great, and it's pro androgenic.
Tea is anti-androgenic.

Are androgens good or bad? I need a quick rundown

good

I fucking love coffee.

Can you please not start with your jewish divide and conquer?

French press is redpilled. Unfiltered coffee contains cafestol which does all sort of cool things.

>falling for the caffeine jew

I don't like coffee to be honest, tea is better

>Britain, China and Japan all love tea

really makes you think

this
fucking burger kikes

Coffe is pro short term androgenic and fuck you up longterm because you will need coffee for excitement and erection in the worst case.
Surely not the best source, just the most popular.

>you will need coffee for excitement
not me
>and erection
what

Your brain adjust to what you give it.
What happen when you drink 1l of cowfee everyday for 30 years?

I wouldn't know, I only drink 2-3 cups a day and I'm 24.

>french press
>espresso shot
does not compute

you know what espresso is, right? i assume not, as you seem to think it comes from a "french press"

What is the purpose of espresso?
I'm not a big coffee drinker outside of my kitchen so I can't tell the difference between an americano or laite or w/e

Coffee plays a huge role in Brazil. Basically everyone drinks a cup everyday. Also, it used to be our biggest export for a while

Just found out that coffee and cocoa have cadmium in them

When can I finally eat things that doesn't have 20 different because metals in them

French press does not make espresso

t. french press user

>doesn't have 20 different because metals
you have fucked up your brain already

I'm too fucking lazy to clean/de-calcify my actual espresso machine so I did this:

edibletimes.com/how-to-make-espresso-at-home/

sue me, you kikestains. I added a shitload of half&half anyway so it was more like a latte

more concentrated "shot" of brewed coffee/caffaine in a smaller amount of water

Coffee is short and long term androgenic. Chronic caffeine consumption raises T and DHT, increases liver function and clearing of estrogen, other compounds in coffee increase cholesterol synthesis and inhibit the reduction of cortisone to cortisol.

We are big coffee drinkers, but usually not that into the special kind.
But somehow, one of is responsible for the US West Coast special coffee: Alfred Peet

coffee and cortisol + long term cortisol effect.

I can never enjoy straight coffee, it always tastes like hot water to me.

It's very likely just me because I also don't like the taste of water.

Buy better coffee dumb ass

I love both. Darjeeling autumn flush with a hint of brown sugar and cocoa cappucino are my personal favorites, but I love all of it.

There is a dutch expression about tea, it's ''homowater''

What?

You made that one up

YERBA MATE

americano = shots of espresso + hot water
latte = shots of espresso plus steamed milk (light foam)
cappuccino = shots of espresso plus steamed milk (heavy foam)
cafe au lait = coffee plus steamed milk
macchiato = almost pure foam with espresso poared over the top

t. barista

peaktestosterone.com/Coffee_Caffeine_Dangers.aspx
buy none of his shit but his researchs are sound.

Nee achmed. ''homowater'' is hier een uitdrukking

Peet's coffee is the best bargain shelf coffee IMO, well done

>5 days of caffeine intake at 300 mg/day and 600 mg/day abolished the cortisol response to the initial 9:00 AM caffeine dose, although cortisol levels were again elevated between 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM (p = .02 to .002) after the second caffeine dose taken at 1:00 PM. Cortisol levels declined to control levels during the evening sampling period

top kek. acute caffeine raises cortisol, chronic doesn't

>people still haven't made the connection between caffeine consumption and ADD

Hilarious.

It also does long term damage to your CNS (blood flow/pressure, particularly)

No it doesn't senpai

Yes, it does.

Just because the drug has been completely normalized by society, doesn't mean it doesn't have downsides.

>top kek. acute caffeine raises cortisol, chronic doesn't
acute drug intake fuck the brain, chronic doesn't
t. you

btw that is the study you cited
most evidence suggests chronic caffeine has no effect on cortisol and coffee could potentially lower it.

Kills the environment and makes coffee
Love it

Only sick people, hipsters,chicks, faggots and eruo immigrants drink tea here.

Most people drink shitty nescafe or Turkish black coffee

>haven't made the connection between caffeine consumption and ADD
>I get my medical reseach from southpark
psychcentral.com/lib/caffeines-effect-on-adhd-symptoms/
tl;dr might help adults, inconclusive for kids, don't take to much

Settle down Tweek have a cup of coffee
youtube.com/watch?v=dIFnx5hxMA0

>btw that is the study you cited
No it isn't
This is what I linked too, don't pretend the tldr represent the truth.

REFERENCES:
1) European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2003, 57:1411–1417, "Folic acid supplement decreases the homocysteine increasing effect of filtered coffee. A randomised placebo-controlled study"
2) Psychosomatic Medicine, 2005, 67:734-739, "Caffeine Stimulation of Cortisol Secretion Across the Waking Hours in Relation to Caffeine Intake Levels"
3) Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab, 2008 Apr, 18(2):131-41, "Dose effect of caffeine on testosterone and cortisol responses to resistance exercise"
4) Hypertension, 1999, 33:647–52, "The effect of chronic coffee drinking on blood pressure: a meta-analysis of controlled clinical trials"
5) Metabolism, 2006 Dec, 55(12):1564-8, "Hyperhomocysteinemia: a novel risk factor for erectile dysfunction"
6) American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Mar 2005, 81(3):539-540, "Caffeine and arrhythmia"

Canada has a very big culture around coffee, I believe we're either the top consumers of takeaway coffee in the world or close to it. We've got fairly free trade from Central America, the country is cold which makes people want to gather in warm places with warm drinks, here in Vancouver we're closer to Seattle than any major city than the vast majority of the US which hit us with coffee culture.

We also have a lot of British ancestry, so there's a bit of a tea habit. Vancouver has been hit by an explosion of tea houses due to a trend of hipsters drinking loose leaf tea. All the chinks mean there's a lot of traditional Chinese tea too, although only the chinks really drink it. Bubble tea is starting to get more and more mainstream. Since again, the country is cold, and has lots of trade on the pacific, warm tea seems like it should be a hit here.

It's absolutely awful for Canadas trade balance, but the culture really is surprisingly intertwined with caffeine here in Canada, especially in the work place. When the happening happens there's going to be massive shortages of tea and coffee.

>homowater

Wow you guys sure are creative. Totally not autistic at all

>dad tried to make us pay for tea
>toss it in the harbor
>drink coffee instead

Man those teenage years

at least it's not iguacu instant coffee. should rebrand it masochist's select. instant coffee is garbage, but iguacu is garbage's garbage.

This is the most pozzed way to make caffinated beverages there is. It's the Kindle of coffee makers. The Apple of coffee makers.

We chug coffee like it's water. Literally everyone drinks a cup of coffee after every meal and multiple times during the day.

I'm a brit that drinks only coffee.
My family have disowned me and my life is abject misery. I spend my days in longing and wondering why it's tea I'm wronging, I tell you I mean it I'm black coffee body and soul.

I love coffee but I also can't function without it. If I don't drink a large cup of coffee when I wake up I just can't do anything properly.

Don't drink it folks, it's worse than drugs.

>I also don't like the taste of water.
>the taste of water.
>water
>taste

THAT WAS GOOD TEA YOU LITTLE SHIT

There is a literally a mountain of evidence showing chronic caffeine doesn't cause hypertension, insulin resistance, elevated cortisol or whatever bs

>My family have disowned me and my life is abject misery
They were in the right you are a traitor
>pic

don't think I know anyone who does not drink coffee here

Me too. Feels good man.

>"I prefer coffee to tea"

If you see someone drinking tea it's pretty much a sure bet they will suck a dick

Then present them, reddit.
I source my claims, you don't.

>never was a coffee drinker
>working more from home, buys coffee maker
>buy best one from ratings
>make coffee - its good
>next morning wake up with huge headache
>stop drinking coffee
>week later - make another batch in AM
>next morning when I wake up - huge headache
>return the caffeine jew

Life without coffee would be a mistake.

Think I heard once they don't have coffee breaks written in law elsewhere, they might so I'm not sure about it.

Just finished making a Kalita Wave of Kenya Nzuri Sana.

Water was 95c, composition was 45GH:20KH.

EK43 at 13.1 on the 3fe dial. Sieved with the Kruve with 1100um and 350um sieves.

14g:225g, 3:45 brew time

A.D.D is a result of overstimulation. Video games, tv and such.

Coffee threads are usually slide threads. What's being slid?

coffe not, but caffeine a lot.

haha faggot

I.. I don't rike

What did it taste like? Autism?

African and latin american countries drink coffee and they are the absolute worst. The second best countries next to european countries are asian countries where they all drink tea.

you're wrong and stupid

>french press
>invented by an italian
I don't get it

I haven't tasted a single good coffee outside of sweden, france and finland.
It all taste the same on the other places I've been to, like 2 grinder beans and 10 liters of hot water. Especially in norway, holy shit do they have bad coffee.

I hate how in Canada our coffee culture is just shitty Tim Hortons. Everyone loads up their coffee with fucking creamers and milk and shit, too.

I love coffee, though. I use a French press at home and just drink it black.

Only in countries where Starbucks equals coffee

Is there any country in the Americas that drinks instant coffee?

It seems to be universally regarded as pleb tier on both continents. It's just the fucking other continents that drink that Instant Coffee garbage.

I wish I could wake up and drink coffee or tea, but I can't. I hate to eat first and I can't put down food for the life of me when I wake up.

>like 2 grinder beans and 10 liters of hot water
Most canadians I know drink 'cowboy coffee', one cup makes you sweat. Of course almost everyone I know is a redneck

> Shitaly
Opinion discarded.

>maybe someplace next to Italy
Hahahaha, did the Amerilard discover that he is 1/16th Italian or some shit so you decided to stop larping as a celt and start larping as a pastanigger?

American pot coffee is shit-tier too, always tastes burnt.

>I can't put down food for the life of me when I wake up.
I used to have that problem as well, then I stopped drinking everyday

We have coffeeshots here, they aren't exactly liquid if I say so, it has the same consistency as a dirt you'd find close to a puddle.
Also meant grinded beans, but I'm posting from phone so it became grinder.

Italy only accepts concentrated strong hi-caffeine Espresso.

it sounds bizarre that an almost non-producing coffee country strongly depends on caffeine.

if you want to destroy Italy, just block coffee shipments (and stop Soccer matches).

>inb4 you don't drink coffee

Fucking weeb neck yourself.

I drink 4/5 cups a day

Turkey has an entire culture and many traditions around coffee.

We have a culture of takeaway coffee because Canada is cold as shit and it's a warm place to meet with lots of seating and tables. I've actually brought clubs I've run to Tim Hortons later at night as sort of an after-hours thing because it was one of the only places that did enough business that doing something like that wouldn't totally disrupt them, and we just kept buying stuff. Notice how the items people most associate with the chain, timbits, donuts, and coffee, are the easiest to share with large groups. It's low quality by necessity because it serves a sort of purpose as universal space. Their tea is even more terrible than their coffee.

One of the easier ways to bond with people in Canadian work culture is offer to get them a coffee, it puts you in a position where somebody owes the other a favor, people have to remember others preferences, it's a situation where everybody benefits when people take turns taking coffee runs, you're literally put in a position where you bring addicts their drugs. I'm getting into sociology here, but it's a staple in our culture for reasons bigger than the quality of the coffee or food. In fact, I would argue the reason mediocre chains like Tim Hortons are so widespread here is BECAUSE the coffee culture is so widespread the high quality coffee places are a niche.

Still I believe that Canada is turning on Tim Hortons, them selling to foreign investors felt like a betrayal given they promoted themselves and still do on Canadiana. People are starting to point out stuff like how Second Cup is still Canadian owned, and McDonalds is better coffee and better value.

There's also a big hipster coffee culture now. People are starting to become more aware of how to make good coffee at home, freshly ground beans, fresh roasted beans, etc.

You can tell that coffee is a powerful drug by observing the relationship between how massively faggy one is, and how much one pretends to like certain types of coffee "for the taste."

This is similar to the way normal people like to smoke weed to get high and don't care about its "taste", but the guy with the sleeve tatoos and gay attitude will make a big show of bitching and crying if you pass him a blunt containing brick weed and go on a rant about fish water hydro and "indica".

Things that aren't powerful drugs don't inspire homosexuals to create faggy subcultures around the substance in an effort to prove they are not druggies but rather "connoisseurs". So we can see that coffee is a powerful and drug and it is best to remove it from society.

Yes, god tier beverage. I drink 5 cups each day.

4 cups a day of American dirty water is my limit.
If I drink any more, my eyes start to hurt.
I don't want to imagine what 4 cups of Nordic coffee would be like.

Ecuador makes good chocolate

Norwegians are pussies when it comes to coffee, their coffee tastes like hot water and nothing else, which is weird considering how all other scandi countries drinks strong coffee.

I agree and same goes for alcohol too. Drinking anything than water-diluted alcohol is massive faggotry. Every time I see someone drinking beer, whisky or cider I cringe. Fucking numale hipsters.