/odg/ Oroville Dam General - slowly happening edition

> What happened so far
- Main spillway got damaged - because of no maintaining - because Cali thought that they will never have that much water again - because of Muh Climate Change. And they needed the money for illegals.
- They closed the main spillway to inspect the damage
- Because of the closed main spillway, water went over the emergency spillway
- Emergency spillway was in even worse condition and it got BTFO pretty bad
- They opened the main spillway again, so that water doesn't go over the emergency spillway any longer
- Main spillway gets slowly BTFO and half of it is gone. But it is stable at the moment.
- They try to "repair" the emergency spillway because if rain hits hard, water will go over it again (even if they keep the main spillway open) and would rek the dam

> Be careful! There is plenty of old footage marked als livestream!

> Hourly Waterlevel
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?ORO
> Bubbles near emergency spillway!
youtu.be/EqEU2X6yBPk?t=31s
> Pictures
pixel-ca-dwr.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000OxvlgXg3yfg/G00003YCcmDTx48Y/Oroville-Spillway-Damage
> Webcam from the wrong side
parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411
> NoFly-Zone
tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_7_3920.html
> RainRadar
accuweather.com/en/us/oroville-ca/95965/weather-radar/331994
> Reservoir Condition
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
> Wind Map
windytv.com/?39.535,-121.469,12,anCziIF
> Latest Seismograph
earthquake.usgs.gov/monitoring/helicorders/nca/112/latest/
> Recent footage
youtube.com/watch?v=wD7WzYVW4iU
>Cause of the main spillway damage was shoddy 2013 repair work
sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/02/10/maintenance-records-show-oroville-dam-spillway-previously-patched/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjK2vmo8ZfSAhXM5IMKHYS1C_gQFggeMAA&url=http://www.southerncaliforniaweatherforce.com/2017/02/16/major-pacific-storm-lucifer-impacts-southern-california-on-friday-upgraded-to-category-five/&usg=AFQjCNEdIGKBvGaoSh8wIjriQs8pO7lqHg&sig2=qMrLgYuMfuEWzlOzDBXAkw&bvm=bv.147448319,d.amc
youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4
vcstar.com/story/news/special-reports/outdoors/2016/10/06/matilija-dam-clears-one-hurdle-more-ahead/91500440/
sbcc.edu/coachcam/
youtube.com/watch?v=nZpqFM5n_jY
youtube.com/watch?v=OrMqnb81MiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Didn't get to post this last thread

First for cat 5 Tropical Cyclone Lucifer

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjK2vmo8ZfSAhXM5IMKHYS1C_gQFggeMAA&url=http://www.southerncaliforniaweatherforce.com/2017/02/16/major-pacific-storm-lucifer-impacts-southern-california-on-friday-upgraded-to-category-five/&usg=AFQjCNEdIGKBvGaoSh8wIjriQs8pO7lqHg&sig2=qMrLgYuMfuEWzlOzDBXAkw&bvm=bv.147448319,d.amc

>THREAD THEME
youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4

Get /comfy/ boys, one week of solid rain and the ground is already saturated.

This fucking dam is going to get BTFO.

New thread calls for new OC

should be a comfy weekend

how many people will ded if kek brakes the dam?

10k+, probably 50k casualty rate, over 100k without shelter or food (but plenty of water)

at least they won't be thirsty :^)

is that water seeping through a crack in the spillway?

Reminder that SoCal is getting pounded and the shittiest dam in America is about to be btfo. Matija Dam has been neglected for 20 years and is close to halfway filled with shit. They wanted to tear it down because muh drought, but couldn't find the money to do even that, and now are most likely going to flood Ojai and Ventura through their extremely shitty planning. Hope for bonus points it collapses.

vcstar.com/story/news/special-reports/outdoors/2016/10/06/matilija-dam-clears-one-hurdle-more-ahead/91500440/

Not enough lead. Detroit still wins.

reminder that this shitty SoCal dam (matilija) is supposed to get 6 inches of rain today

man California government can't do anything correct

who the fuck makes the dam face the spillway?

Why does California hate dams so much?

Are dams the ultimate redpill?

Why? What's wrong with a healthy 13.4-13.5v?

only few crazy mestizos without any tv or radio since evryone else already left the place.

The lower spillway has be eaten away from the high flow rates. This going on for an extended time is not good. It must hold out for at least another week or two. No fucking way would I head back to Oroville.

liberals

they just scaled up a low head dam basically

what idiots

Take a cigarette boat right off that motherfucker full rip!! YEEEEE HAAAAAAA

oh shit i remember seeing a documentary on the fags who painted that cut here line on it

>but plenty of water
kek

What the "art" sponsored by the state? It is obviously embraced since they haven't removed it yet.

its concrete so its fine. if it was an earthen dam then thats another story

Webcam of santa barbara, it's happening

sbcc.edu/coachcam/

>that steadily rising inflow rate
100K BY 6PM PLEASE KEK

Eat shit, Dio!

Well well

the DIDF shows itself once again

so sick of you faggots

typical kike humor.
like making our tax forms 1040 (year Talmudism went global)

more like they dont have the money to remove it

it was a whole thing about how dams are bad for the environment and hydro power is bad

The erosion of the clay on each side of the main spillway is getting worse fast. That terra cotta color soil is actually clay. It will melt.

Also curious

>muh glubals wermings
instead of spending a shitton of money on stupid propaganda they should of spent money on the dam repairs

The plan was to wait for a big storm to destroy it. Not a conspiracy theory. This is their stated plan.

someone redpill this man on dams.

The cleansing has begun! Praise Kek!

THEY HOLD THE WATER BACK

Ahh nothing more comfy than checking /otg/ during my lunch break. Informative discussion, genuine concern, no trolls, lots of gets. 10/10, would post again.

Do you really think the only thing hold by dams is water ?

12 volt european master race reporting in.

why are there oroville dam generals every day?
how is this a political thing?
why does Sup Forums want this dam to collapse?

don't make sense to me

deus volt, brother

Shitty metric volts

enjoy your /comfy/ break user

RELEASE THE KRAKEN

>dam collapses
>libshits beg for trumps help
>trump says no
>libshits drown
>MFW

Come on user it's like you don't like happenings

california politicians (democrats) ignored the dam and now itll fail and itll come back to them not wanting to fund infrastructure , instead funding programs for ill eagle ayy lmaos.

1/2" of rain since 3am. These stations monitor rainfall at all waterways entering Oroville lake.

it looks like it is but if you look at the rest of the spillway I think they don't care because eventually it'll calcify?

California has some fucking post-apocolyptic tier dams

Do your best today user, we'll be here for you when you get home.

BUT WHAT IS THE VOLTAGE?

fuck that skin looks comfy.

F

wew fuckin lad what is DIDF.

Im just sayin its not gonna have a V breach failure
due to water going over the top. If anything the whole fucker is gonna go down because the water going over the top will probably undermine the dam since the concrete pad at the base is probably fucked from neglect.

UPDATED RADAR IMAGE
(with AnonCast)

Which one you want?

We take water from the engineers! The Dams!
The oppressors of generation who have kept you down with myth of spillway.
And we give it back to you...the river.
Oroville is yours!
None shall interfere. Flood as you please.

That's a veiny forecast, user.

>DIDF
Whats it?

its that time again!

Its an older meme but it checks out

HIGH ENERGY

youtube.com/watch?v=nZpqFM5n_jY

TIME FOR A RANCE DANCE

Listen to the whole song
Focus your attention on the Oroville dam and surrounding areas
Channel all of your negative emotions that are associated with rain onto this area

Are you for real ?
VBatt for life.

Rorschach's Journal. February 18th, 2017: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the dam finally bursts, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Dam Internet Defense Force

WEW

>Repub Cal voters: plz gib $100m for fix dam
>Corrupt Dem pols: no *gibs $250b to illegals*
>dam breaks
>Corrupt Dem pols: trump halp we cannot afford!

Whatever the voltage is, it's not nearly enough yet given the amount of gayness in northern California.

>are dams the ultimate redpill?
Pretty much

>grab water by the neck
>force it down into a crevice
>tell it what to do
>other water chimps out, tries to intervene
>dam literally holds other water back with its burly shoulders, not even turning around
Also, modern Californians have apparently completely lost touch with reality and don't believe dams are helpful. "LET THE WATER RUN FREE MAN" is a mainstream opinion, and they apparently are fine with having no food to eat, torrential floods, etc. I genuinely don't know if I'm sad or amused that the entire state of California wants to compete for the Darwin Award.

My bet's 79/41

Its taking 4 hours to come down to the next foot marker instead of 3 ??
It begins. Ill say 34k

youtube.com/watch?v=OrMqnb81MiY

why doesn't this dam have a glory hole spillway?

seems fool proof

Dolphin, outerspace. No making fun of my grandma speed dial.

Digital Israel Defense Frontier maybe?

I'm putting money on 26k as the inflow

>he thinks 12V battery is 12V

79/34

13.5 volts

Backing this Belgian

kek everytime

Is that some kind of flying saucer?

WTF is 'volts' in this context?

What I can't figure out is why someone would shill for a dam. An inanimate object. It's like shilling for a fucking rock by the side of the road.
>LEAVE THAT ROCK ALONE
>IT DID NOTHING WRONG
Is shilling a sexual fetish for some people?

It's how hollow earth residents get their drinking water

That shape I've seen it somewhere. could it be?

$0.02 deposited into your cofferdam.

you've got it backwards. They aren't shilling for the dam, they're taking any excuse to tell someone "no, you're wrong", regardless of whether they actually may be

It's a cultural addiction to being right, and the easiest way to feel like you're right is to inform others they are wrong

half the discussion on this site is fueled by this compulsion

If the battery reaches 13.7V, it will vent and cause a catastrophic chain reaction that will take down California's power grid.

Rolling blackouts for weeks.

It's pretty safe to say at this point that a disaster has been averted. They're only ten feet away from their goal now and with the extensive repair work, I doubt the rain will overtop the dam in time (if at all) to further damage the emergency spillway.

The fact that the evacuation order has been rescinded is evidence enough of this. As much as we'd like to have a happening on this scale, it's just not going to happen.

>You have oroville water molecules inside of you right now

It's a glory hole, user.

What 'battery'? This all seems fucking ridiculous whatever it is.

Deus Volts