Transhumanism

Let's have an honest discussion about transhumanism, because I've seen it associated (and criticized) with globalism, and I am curious what Sup Forums thinks transhumanism is about.

What do YOU think transhumanism is, how do you feel about it, and why do you feel that way about it?

I've known about transhumanism for a much longer time than I've been red pilled, and transhumanism has always seemed like a great thing. It offers humanity a chance of ascend, and I mean really ascend, which in context of current world order, might allow us to ascend past (((them))). Not only this, but it seems inevitable, as technology advances. I've never seen any connection to it with globalism.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QnaTtsClgc4
news.berkeley.edu/2016/08/03/sprinkling-of-neural-dust-opens-door-to-electroceuticals/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The next step in human evolution.

sure. but it doesnt guarantee greatness. it can fuck us up just as easily

Inevitable, but not for the entirety of the world exactly. We can expect at least a few states to embrace it, especially totalitarian states like China.

They make it sound like we will be the borg, but I think using machines and electronics will be eventually unnecessary. I think genetic and biological engineering will be much better and less likely to be rejected by our bodies.

digits confirm

IMO humanity will have to evolve and merge with technology if we are to survive. Sooner or later, true AI will come along and if we dont get our shit together we will be left behind.

I'm in favor of it, but with the current state of the world I think its dangerous. Do you want the jews to hack your brain?

Transhumanism sounds all cyber punk and cool. But there'll be a kill switch in your artificial brain to shut you down for wrongthink.

theologically and philosophically disgusting

Too bad religion is gonna die.

Fuck transhumanism. Don't fall for this deception.

Do you have any actual arguments?

Any evidence?

Interfacing a machine with your brain and the Internet won't end well.

No-one takes cybersecurity of mechanically- and biologically-interfacing electronics seriously enough and they won't until there are packs of compromised crowd-murdering Teslas driving around cities.

This. Until we have a high IQ limited government state you should enhance your mind and body through healthy living and scientifically backed supplements like nootropics or steroids if you want to push past your normal limits. Even gene engineering or highly experimental brain growth factors are preferable to having a kill switch or backdoor to your brain.

dont trust anyone else to implant things in my body. man has gotten along fine before cyborg nonsense. progress for the sake of progress is pretty shaky desu senpai. replacing beautiful biomechanical natural parts for imperfect human ones.

mans hubris will always confuse me

No argument needed.
If you want to be artificial and fake. Go ahead.

How many books, movies, tv shows warn against transhumanism? That's not just entertainment.

No argument necessary. If you can't intuitively be repulsed by the idea, you're already a robot.

All praise correct answer

As a barely mensa member, you put way too much stock in IQ. It's just pattern recognition, nothing more. Being a good judge of character is far more important to any position with power.

>dont trust anyone else to implant things in my body.
I don't,you know why?Because no one is gonna put them in my body,a robot will.

Transhumanism will occur at the same time Automation occurs. So FALC actually looks like a bunch retards plugged into a big computer, virtually fucking furry animals.

I meant that as I dont trust any companys parts. robot was still made by a human. unless you want to get ontological

there will be a point when it is useful and actually sensible there will be people against them and that is fine but the problem is most transhumanists are faggots who put magnets into their fingers to sense magnetic waves.

It isnt ready yet

>No argument needed.
Not an argument,start over.
>How many books, movies, tv shows warn against transhumanism? That's not just entertainment.
It's entertainment made to fool people who will believe in what they say and think they are superior.
A great example of this is George Carlin.
>No argument necessary. If you can't intuitively be repulsed by the idea, you're already a robot.
Not an argument.

The field isn't relevant at the moment, but even if it was, those who don't secure themselves deserve whatever bad things happen to them.

What is, appeal to nature/transition? Here's a redpill, fRZqgh6U: humanity started becoming a zero-sum game once the agricultural revolution started. Transhumanism is the only way out of it.

They are making unsubstantiated claims: argument needed.

"artificial" and "fake" are arbitrary distinctions from things that are "real". If you think (((fiction))) is a good source of warning about transhumanism, then you might want to consider reading more on the subject.

>2016, high echelons of the US power structure fall for phishing links
>Retards all over the world can't stop getting infected with ransomware to the point its the number 1 career in Russia
>People already fail hard at being responsible with their own biological health
>Wanting to be ruled by eternal augmentated jew overlords
Death is the ultimate equalizer and its the only thing barely keeping power structures in the world in check

Transhumanism is essentially surrending your body to whoever makes or controls the technology. Absolutely degenerate.

The tech doesnt even have to be connected to your brain to be an issue. Lets say you have a fake eye or a limb. As long as theres a computer chip its possible to shut down your artificial body or worse.

DUDE Transhumanism... SWEET
REAL EVOLUTIONARY STUFF RIGHT HERE

Just as with OP's pic, we're going to likely see a combination of both. WarHammer 40K super-soldiers, and techpriests.

I think it will be used to enslave all of what used to be humanity

why do you think nationalism and ethnocentrism are coming back. we can solve this problem through other memes

You aren't getting it, fRZqgh6U. Humanity is stagnating, and has been stagnating ever since we've deviated away from our evolved lifestyle. This is why we have to change humanity at its core.

I will be a modern Faust and sell out my humanity to become something greater.

I don't care if it's only a trick by Mephistopheles. Humanity is destined for death sooner or later. Better to die reaching for godhood and transcending our limitations than to accept our faults and wallow in the dirt which will become our tomb.

>not replacing objectively inferior parts created by random chance with the criteria of "good enough to pass on genes"
>not exercising the human capacity for self improvement
>not making intelligent design a reality rather than fiction

Cotard syndrome. Blindsight. Prosopagnosia. Inattentional blindness. The saccade. The fact that our sensorium is closer to a bag of tricks based on probability as opposed to true perception. The brain makes guesses about the world as opposed to actually understanding it.

We do not use logical deducation to determine what a face is. It is not a set of eyes, some olfactory region, mouth parts, etc. Your perception of self would indicate that you recognize a face my seeing the set of qualities it possesses, much like you recognize a chair. In reality, the brain has a switch in it to recognize the quality of "faceness" and when that switch is flicked off, you have to recognize people by their fucking shoes. Likewise, the brain has a switch for self awareness. "Cogito ergo sum" could not be more false.

We think we are rational creatures who observe the world through our senses and make logical deductions by finding patterns in the data. The reality could not be farther from the truth. There are so many bugs, glitches, and flaws that are hard coded into us because all that mattered that we bred. Survival of the fittest? No. Evolution is the survival of the least inadequate.

Don't think your flesh bits can't be hacked, either. Transcranial magnetic stimulation, ultrasound techniques, mild electroshock therapy, and of course engineered phages/viruses could all be used to alter your behavior.

I could envision many nig nogs connecting to the brain cloud for a free pair of shoes. Absolute enslavement.

Real is natural. Nature will deal with every single tech-cuck like you very soon.

Literally everything that exists in the universe is natural. There is nothing that can both exist, and also not be natural.

Transhumanism is the cult of El's plan to utterly enslave humanity by literally controlling their brains.

The point being that the notion that humans are somehow perfect is a crock of shit. Do some reading. Is biology sufficient for navigating every day life? You bet. That's what evolution has built it for. Being sufficient. Nothing more. Nevermind that everything you think you know about the world and your self is a lie or half truth, a limitation imposed by your shitty chance built hardware.

Reach for the stars user. Become something greater. Don't let a set of molecules in the nucleus of your cells define you. The notion of human consciousness may be coming into question, but I still have hope that we have SOME form of self determination. Exercise it. Don't live the naturalistic fallacy.

>alter your behavior

Wrong, it alters the body's behavior. You cannot actually control free will.

You're hacking the vessel, not the spirit.

Pic related is the Transhumanist dream. Enslave humanity, and behave like monsters without any fear of repercussion.

Digits confirm this

you think you impress with those words. I want to break free with my mind, computers and robots will never be able to think like people.

our perception of the world is not wrong now because of what we are. its wrong because of the world weve placed ourselves in. diggin a hole were already in can only put us away from our natural selves

Old age is a genetic condition we should strive to wipe out

>computers and robots will never be able to think like people.

oh ye of little faith

It is susceptible to a multidimensional hive mind virus that attaches to technology instead of biology which can only thrive in a highly technologically advanced society. Transhumanist desires are a manifestation of this virus attempting to take over the human race and destroy life as we know it. This is the true reason the globalist push the Transhumanist meme. Don't fall for it.

were all meant to die user, its ok

faith in the religion of science?

:^)

I think there is something to be said about the purpose of technology. Does technology necessarily translate to human progress?

And at this point in time it is really not a good idea with all the control freaks running the tech corporations. I'm wary of VR but actual implementation in the body? NO thanks

Are we talking Nietzsche or traps?

So everything artificial is natural? Everything that destroys the balance of Nature? Makes no sense. People like you sound like someone who are simply scared to die because they're unsure of the afterlife.

Reply to these guys, YhhiJby8

He means little faith of those who know what they are talking about. You clearly have never looked into the field of AI past watching media.

I'm not sure what either of those have to do with transhumanism. Can you explain, user?

don't fear the overmen

>computers and robots will never be able to think like people
Never is a long time m8
What is it that's unique enough to be irreplicable?

>we are meant to suffer from smallpox, it's ok
>we are meant to suffer from polio, it's ok
>we are meant to suffer from cancer, it's ok
Go away blackpill I value life

>believing in a soul
>not believing the brain houses consciousness in its entirety
>transhumanists want to eat babies rather than explore the stars
There is nothing I can say that will falsify your retarded beliefs so I offer you a (you) and a REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Newsflash: we are a robot. The distinction is we work on wetware and computers are in silicon, along with architectural differences.

Computers are already beginning to think using the same mechanics we are. Neural nets. Learning AI. Soon the only distinction will be medium (silicon) rather than any fundamental architecture. Brilliant men thought that humans would never have heavier than air flight. Then we landed on the moon. Give it time user.

> its wrong because of the world weve placed ourselves in. diggin a hole were already in can only put us away from our natural selves
Our senses are objectively wrong. Unless you are saying that the socratic method and the rational world it has led us to is unnaural and abhorrent, and the scientific method is wrong and you are a luddite, in which case please get off the internet and go play in the dirt.

Transhumanism will not be experienced outside of the 0.001%. They will advance exponetially probably destroy us.. They do not want you to rebel, so they sell the idea in movies and media of 'the benefit of all mankind'. It is a lie.

JK chief

There is no artificial. That's the point. You can't destroy the balance of nature. You ARE nature. Any agent is an expression of nature. Humanity and its effects are no different a natural phenomena than hurricanes, or solar storms.

Humanity started going down the shitter as soon as natural selection stopped being as relevant. A good dose of transhumanism will make natural selection meaningful again.

This is fallacious. Not only could you produce the technology yourself, but you could only choose to use technology that is trustworthy, etc.

I don't care about dying. It's precisely that reason that I have no fear of the possible averse consequences of the singularity.

>balance of nature meme

Nature has no balance. You are impressing human notions on an uncaring and unguided universe. Tell me about balance during the last three mass extinction events. Tell me why a nest is either natural or artificial. If humans are products of nature (we are) then why do you have such hubris to define anything we do as somehow "beyond" nature?

Seems to me like you're the unnatural one here, user.

It will only work if it is made with 100% FOSS (Free) software and hardware. I would rather die then have proprietary software doing unknowable shit in my body.

Stallman is right.

Program conciuisness.

The former is probably true, but the latter is probably the opposite: media is incredibly opposed to the combination of humanity and technology, precisely because technology will render most of our problems and our control over others irrelevant.

Only humans are conscious, and maybe animals like us. Computers will never be like us.

We wrote the genetic code for an organ that can transmit and receive radio waves as well as translate them into electrical impulses. This genetic code was placed inside a viral shell and sprayed on the population. It grew the organ in your brain and encapsulate your neurons in nano structures that stimulate and inhibit electrical firing of the neuron.

This has already been done by the "illuminati" and it's going to be copied by the rest of the worlds governments and other power groups shortly.

Believe it.
Believe it and we will become one.

youtube.com/watch?v=QnaTtsClgc4

news.berkeley.edu/2016/08/03/sprinkling-of-neural-dust-opens-door-to-electroceuticals/

Why not?

It really doesn't interest me, I don't give a fuck if I am "left behind" either, collectivism disgusts me, I want no part in this futuristic utopia, it sounds like yet another cult of slavery.

>precisely because technology will render most of our problems and our control over others irrelevant.
Wrong.

Power disparity never ends. And once the disparity approaches the singularity, you will never recover. Our only move is to prevent the singularity as long as possible until our society is ready for it.

There is no reason for them to do that with a post scarcity economy. They would be more or less indestructible and unconquerable, so we would pose no threat. They only stand to gain by opening up a market for uplifting.

I will grant you that people have killed for less, but by the time they're uplifted, they won't really be human anymore, or even necessarily have human motivations.

Overall I don't really care. I say go for it.

Exactly. Of the 0.001% want to exterminate us or make us into slaves, they could already do insane and retarded shit like this. I'll push for the thing that could conceivably have a benefit for me rather than being a rock farmer.

We have left a multitude of messages in popular media preparing your minds, young minds, for the coming changes.

>There is no reason for them to do that
You are trying to reason that the elites will share. They won't. You promise yourself some utopia so you lie to yourself. You are wrong.

>until our society is ready for it.

Never will be, which is precisely why we need it. The human mind has too many cognitive biasese to think rationally and outside of groupthink. We are trapped by the limitations of our hardware. In a world with WMD's, the whole "us vs them" glitch is mildly concerning.

To clarify, I mean modern means of control over others will vanish. Right now, there is a monopoly on how you can wield power by the rich, and by states (who control most power via combative technology). Transhumanism will dissolve this monopoly.

I spend a lot of time thinking about transhumanism, MMIs and other technologies that have the capacity to bring mankind truly out of the cradle.

What I can say is, I used to be a firm believer in the great equalizer of intellect. I believed that if you gave an MMI to an african child and let him soak up all of humanities knowledge, he'd be no different than me.

After I have been here in Mexico for a year to study spanish and bounce around the beaches, what I can say is that now I think even if you gave these people all the gifts of mankind's knowledge, what would they even do with it? They lack something more fundamental than knowledge, they lack the awareness about them to make decisions on multiple factors. They lack the capability to have multiple "layers" of reasoning operating at the same time in their mindspace.

To these negroid and many of these mongrel races, they simply don't think about the multitude of ways their actions might affect something. They don't think about how they're going to say something while simultaneously possessing anterior motives and how best to craft their speech - something so casual to people who aren't fucking idiots. You do it all the time most likely, user, every time you talk to someone you're thinking about fucking them, or other activities you could do with them or a variety of other things, but the fundamental task is that you are capable of doing more than one fucking thing at once. These people are not like you are I. Their actions and responses are automated, they are not the result of an active thought process engaging with you.

Do you really want tyrone in your neural net that you formed with all of the "good" parts of humanity? Do you want the sum total of tyrones knowledge in "pimp thangz" to be floating around in your consciousness? Nah.

I see transhumanism opening up the inequality gap to an exponental level.

>Why not?
You are human. You are conscious like a human.
Be definition the consciousness that you understand is innately human. It cannot be any other way.

>which is precisely why we need it
You may as well activate the doomsday machine then, because all humanity will end.

Those organizations aware of the coming changes are already preparing for the next theater of war, your mind.

Neuro wars.
Brain hacking.

The day will come when you wake up form a dream and you don't know if it was a dream or the memories of the life you used to live before you were hacked.

You think your thoughts are your own, but let me tell you, they're not.

>>news.berkeley.edu/2016/08/03/sprinkling-of-neural-dust-opens-door-to-electroceuticals/

God help us when they finally implement this dust. I've been reading about this for a while. I honestly wonder why no one has asked even simple questions about the potential downsides of this. It's as if there is none to the tech elites.

>Transhumanism will dissolve this monopoly.
No it won't, because they will not share the tech. The powerful have never shared.

Just give me the fucking machinepill, just, all the fucking augmentations.
Gib.

I'm talking about transhumanity, not humanity. Obviously humanity will be left behind to die, that's the whole point.

There is a "man" in the "sky" with only one "eye".

Read The Abolition of Man by pic related

Don't our bodies usually embrace anything mechanical while rejecting genetic mods?

>Newsflash: we are a robot. The distinction is we work on wetware and computers are in silicon, along with architectural differences.
>Computers are already beginning to think using the same mechanics we are. Neural nets. Learning AI. Soon the only distinction will be medium (silicon) rather than any fundamental architecture.

>Architecture
>machine language, binary are similar to chemical electrical reactions in the brain.

>He thinks we understand how the human brain works
>He thinks coniceiceness can be programmed.
>He thinks brute force computing and massive data sets equals AI

Let me guess? You don't know fucking shit about basic biology or computer science. You probably jerk off at least once a day, probably will never reproduce.

No legacy, no after life. So you have faith that your obese body will be made immortal by machines?

Bahahahah haha. Holy fuck you are pathetic.

Does that mean that a computer cannot have its own consciousness, as inhuman as it may be?

>A future where actions have no reason and life has meaning

Fuck you. I want to be immortal, to go out into the larger universe and create life. To become god.

I want to see x-rays with my own eyes!

>I'm talking about transhumanity
So if you kill all the poor, is everybody rich?
A new class will form, power is never shared, only concentrated. Even within the elite there is clear strata of power.

Transhumanism is not the silver bullet you want to believe in.

Yes and no. The difference between a 110 mean IQ society and a 70 mean IQ society is the difference between quantum computing and having no written language. You're right it doesn't measure specific skills which are acquired traits, but it does correlate with EQ for instance and a lot of other positive traits and life outcomes. Some studies show that fluid intelligence was something like 10 points higher in the late 19 century/early 20th century based on regression on reaction time tests, and that was by far the most productive time in human history. Many western countries will have an IQ in the low 90s within a decade or two. If this persists then any trans-humanists will be a threat to the established elite who lord over the nether people. So until the decline is stopped and the expansion of government is limited I would be cautious about making yourself vulnerable in such a way. Same with self-driving cars. What if some smart SJW in an intelligence agency thinks its for the greater good to make all autonomous cars transporting race realists to crash randomly?

There are two forms of transhumanism that could come to pass. The main ideological battle we will be fighting in the coming decades is Centralism vs. Decentralism. The current political divide in this country will seem irrelevant the further we move into the automated age. Ideologies such as communism, fascism, democracy, republicanism, socialism etc. will all fall under the same umbrella.

Centralism is the dominant political and economic force in the human history. There is no current mainstream ideology that counters this. It is embedded in the very root of our society. In the coming decades, decentralism will rise up as a viable alternative to the current world order. Yes, even Trump is a centralist. This is because he is a product of his environment, and lacks the awareness of decentralism as a viable alternative. However, I am interested in some individuals he surrounds himself with, who seem to hold some entry level decentralist views.

See: Mick Mulvaney, Balaji Srinivasan, Peter Thiel.

People to watch out for: Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Sergey Brin, Zuckerburg, etc.

If you people think Soros influence is bad, just wait until these guys take over his sphere.

Not really. I've said multiple times I don't care if they do or don't. Pursuing transhumanism out of a fear of death is retarded. Heat death is inevitable. Accept your mortality already.

I want transhumanism so I can be something greater.

If I can't reach it, so be it. But somebody could. And that's better than nothing.

I don't anticipate it will get passed to third world countries. But they could be re-engineered to have our cognitive capacities anyway. Some charitable souls in the post scarcity economy might take it upon themselves to bring civilization to the savages. I wouldn't stop them but I'm not gonna mingle with them.

Already doomed to happen.

>he can't see broader principles or ideas
>assumptions
>le immortality meme
Have a (you)

I'm currently working on an animated movie called "Sovereigns".

It details the lives of those transhumanist few who have succeeded in hiding from the neural dust and the hive mind, and how they survive day to day in a world where everything appears normal but everyone is actually... it.

You will die alone in a rat filled hospital as a sand nigger takes out your bed pan.

I'm of the opinion that everything has its own level of consciousness, more so with greater complexity and rate of internal change.
>tfw "I'm not a robot" gets a green check mark

Transhumanism = r/e/d/d/i/t teir meme

I'd do it, if only to destroy the emperors enemies for as many years as I could.

>Does that mean that a computer cannot have its own consciousness
Correct. It will be something else, but not conscious like us.

Similarly, sufficiently modified transhumanists will not be conscious, they will be dead humans animated by tech.

Transhumanism will be the greatest thing done by man, if ((they)) don't influence it. If we can create a way to make humans better than humans, the ability to never age, have extreme strength and intellect, all while making it comfortable for the average person, we will have created the most important invention since fire.
Now, if ((they)) have anything to do with it they will use it to turn people into absolute slaves. People will be connected to a mainframe where freethought is moderated by an AI moderator, making you do only whats allowed on the online server. Every human will sacrifice free will for the next metal piece to the body that gives you slighter better focus but makes you feel more "connected" to your augmented friends and family.
If we don't fuck up transhumanism will make humans an unstoppable force, capable of conquering the universe. If we fail, ((they)) will benefit off of our weakness and lack of free will and thought.

sounds like the beginnings of a purist prejudice

you haven't been playing mankind divided have you?

Let's be realistic here - it would be a robot taking out the bed pan.

Still, what i want is what i want.

If you chose mortality, fine with me.

Well then what constitutes consciousness? We can't really discuss the topic without a common definition of the word.