Trump reversed bill to protect riverbanks from coal mining

I honestly wonder if this is your idea of being great again.

Other urls found in this thread:

regulations.gov/document?D=OSM-2010-0018-10631
osmre.gov/programs/rcm/StreamProtectionRule.shtm
iowadnr.gov/Environmental-Protection/Water-Quality/Water-Monitoring/Streams
osmre.gov/lrg/docs/SMCRA.pdf
ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=92e6233c7b7c7d0b065cbb96da6f8562&mc=true&node=se30.3.816_136&rgn=div8
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/30/1231
blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/more/Abandoned_Mine_Lands.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It had nothing whatever to do with drinking water dumb ass.

Are you stating the obvious? or just pretending to be retarded?

If only we had more nuclear reactors, maybe we wouldn't need that much coal

Meanwhile Obama and Co are proud of the fact that they managed to reduce by regulation an entire coal industry by over 90%

Nobody's forcing you to drink tap water.

retards wont let coal go
>muh filthy jobs
and the rich fucks know they can trick the retards into helping them

Look at HOW the bill accomplished that goal, not WHAT it was "accomplishing", stupid.
Tons of our retarded regulations are written by idiots who have no idea what they're doing and end up unnecessarily costing companies hundreds of thousands.

It's easier to hold on to coal than it is to push nuclear past the liberal fucknuts.

>It's just the poor drinking water

Yeah, let's increase all the related cost of cleaning a water source for all other uses.

>the water you wash your dishes with
>the water you shower with
>the water supply for farms that grown what you ear
>the water supply for crops in the area
>the water for your garden
>the extra effort for water in hospitals

LOL you guys realize coal actually purifies the water, right? A form of coal known as charcoal is used in fish aquariums and to clean polluted water. It makes water clear and beautiful.

coal is the only industry in large parts of the country.

so either give them new jobs or give them welfare.

When Obama cut 90% of coal jobs, most of those guys just got on welfare because there was nothing to do around them.

What did the regulation do to prevent coal getting in the water?

>thinking activated coal is the same as waste coal
>being this retarded
I feel sorry for you

>hurrrrr, i'm smarter than a thousand experts!!!

Here I'll even help you out by linking you directly to the regulation's full text

>500 page rule
>lugenpresse distorts the fuck out of it

you realize diamonds come from coal mines, right?

>government regulators
>(((experts)))

Coal dust is an excellent exercise for your lungs and makes them strong.

>our energy needs are less important than an infinitely small chance of pollution

wow, thanks for correcting the record. lets continue to be the only country that is not self reliant for its own energy...
lets keep buying that fresh saudi oil

Fracking for natural gas did more harm to coal.

I'd rather have dirty water than dirty mexicans

In a nutshell, coal mining companies wouldn't be able to pour waste into riverbanks that would cause environmental damage. This obviously increases the cost of mining.

>osmre.gov/programs/rcm/StreamProtectionRule.shtm

>disregarding preassure and heat in the diamond creation process
Jesus, between you and this idiot, no wonder americans are always pictured as retarded.

that's not what the regulation does Paco

the regulation forces companies to:
> collect adequate premining data about the site of the proposed mining operation and adjacent areas to establish an adequate baseline for evaluation of the impacts of mining and the effectiveness of reclamation; adjust monitoring requirements to enable timely detection and correction of any adverse trends in the quality or quantity of surface water and groundwater or the biological condition of streams; ensure protection or restoration of perennial and intermittent streams and related resources; ensure that permittees and regulatory authorities make use of advances in science and technology; ensure that land disturbed by mining operations is restored to a condition capable of supporting the uses that it was capable of supporting before mining; and update and codify the requirements and procedures for protection of threatened or endangered species and designated critical habitat.

But HOW does it go about doing that? How do you know it's not some ridiculous regulation that costs companies thousands yearly to prevent a 0.2% chance of leakage?
You don't, retard. You just look at it face value and decide that's a good thing.

Yes, this is a greatness measure if I ever saw one.

>timely detection and correction of any adverse trends in the quality or quantity of surface water and groundwater or the biological condition of streams
>ensure that land disturbed by mining operations is restored to a condition capable of supporting the uses that it was capable of supporting before mining;
Seriously, who the fuck of you guys has a problem with this? It's the fucking cost of doing business.

>for 200,000 citizens
too bad they are all too big of pussies. They could have 200,000 guns waiting outside of the guys house who is about to poison their well.

Instead they all sit there and cry about it.

It's alright, all the waste goes down stream into Mexico.
Sort of like how San Diego had to build a water treatment plant on the border because you disgusting fucks we're dumping your burrito shuts in the ocean and it was ending up on the beach.

Wow that sounds like it would make it economically unviable to mine coal going forward.

How great is that cost in contrast to the benefits gained by it?
Enjoy answering that one without the numbers, shithead.

a lot of that shit is already required and thus redundant

You're twisting the elimination of a rule that requires a shit ton of work to slightly reduce the risk of riverbank contamination into "it's now legal to dump coal waste into rivers"

this

>I'd rather have dirty water than dirty mexicans
Trump voters in a nutshell.
You cunts *want* him to burn America to the ground so you can laugh at the liberal majority when they complain.

>antracite is the same as charcoal
Are you being retarded on purpose?

ANOTHER REASON WHY WE MUST WORK TOGETHER TO KILL THE ELECTRICAL GRID.

NO ELECTRICITY = NO NEED FOR COAL

MAKE AMERICA AMISH AGAIN.

>8 year old regulation is revoked
>OY VEY THE END IS NEAR HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY LIVE WITHOUT IT

we already have regulations protecting the water, this rule wasn't aimed at protecting water, it was aimed at making it impossible to mine coal. it's a rule made not by congress, but by an unelected body that affects the whole nation.

getting rid of regulations is exactly why I voted for him, so this pleases me.

Wtf I love riverbanks now!

>8 year old

Nigga that regulation went into effect January 19, 2017. It's a month old.

Do the Amish use steampower?

is that a problem

it's not even eight years old, it only went into effect in december, it was one of Obama's last minute efforts to fuck the nation over when he can't suffer any repercussions from it.

>It's not a big mistake, it's just a (((little))) mistake guys

Fucking apologists

Layer 1) Rule causes a nigger ton of monitoring work
Layer 2) Companies still can't ???
Layer 3) It's not legal to dump coal waste in to rivers.

Where can I find more info on 2? That would be quite a powerful point for removing the regulations.

Obama: Fantasy World

Trump: Reality World

Deal fucking with it

3rd Point was supposed to say "now legal..."

>I honestly wonder if this is your idea of being great again.
call me a nazi again see how that works out for you

Yes, more modern amish use hand crank/gas/steam/solar/pressure/battery powered items.

go on?

(√'d)

10/10, excellent bantz. It's a shame th other anons are too thick to get it

Can't they just build an 800 ft pipe and discharge it after the water intake? It should really be going through settling ponds and filters first though.

there is already a five to ten year prison sentence for introducing anything into the water that makes a sheen on the surface or an emulsion beneath the surface, plus huge fines. coal mines are already required to sequester their effluents from the waterways.

Nah just leftist states. Overpopulation is a serious problem. If we eliminate a large % of the population, the rest of it operates more efficiently at a higher standard or living. Look at India and China. Overpopulated shitholes. You think these Asians are smart but they are the the best of the people not ruling over their country immigrating. Illegals arent like this. Look at chinese tourist spots, you have like 10 people all selling the same bottle of water or whatever for 1 RMB. Sure theyre better than niggers but theyre still extremely poor and theres 2 billion in the world in extreme poverty.

I don't understand how anyone can defend this.

why are republicans so okay with pollution? why are we resurecting an outdated industry that pollutes? the future is clean renewable energy or nuclear energy, that's undeniable. in 100 years or less fossil fuels are going to be looked at like steam engines are now.

i understand that these people won't have jobs because regulations strangle their business. but if it pollutes water and kills the environment it shouldn't be allowed. it's survival of the fittest and coal is not fit for a healthy society. instead of bringing back dead jobs we could be training these people how to install solar panels, windmills, and hydroelectric generators.

i'm all for throwing mexicans over the wall and btfo'ing liberals but the issue i have the most with republicans is clean energy. not killing the environment and not making people sick is common sense.

>why are republicans so okay with pollution? why are we resurecting an outdated industry that pollutes?
Because republicans are muh worker's rights party and a billionaire who was born into money and spent his life flipping real estate bubbles is the man who best knows what the working class needs.

do you want to pay double or triple or quadruple your current rates for electricity? if so, and you can afford it, good for you, but most families are already paying as much as they can. the only way to stop pollution is to end humanity. you can jerk off and virtue signal all you want. but regulations of this type are strangling the masses of Americans.

Listen here, homrè.

I don't know who you are or what you're doing, but I see you

The regulation doesn't protect water. Other regs already do this. This reg makes it impossible to mine coal by giving mining companies a 2000 page worksheet to fill out before they can even smell a coal mine.

It's the opposite of what Trump stands for. Are you suprised? The regs purpose was to cripple the coal industry in America to necesitate globalism.

Most retarded thing I've ever read. If you live in the north USA you never have to see a South American in your life. If you have dirty water you have to drink that forever and get cancer. Dumb fuck

prove it's a big mistake with hard numbers

We can't really build a shitton of solar panels right now and think oh look infinite energy, so ez. They are expensive and maintain them. They cost a lot of energy and resources to make and I doubt we can easily reuse the resources to make them. All renewable energy is either unreliable or inefficient. The world just has too much energy demand from having too many people.

I mean, if you're serious I could go dig up redundant regulations but that would be a ton of work just to prove a point on a chinese paper folding forum

>but if it pollutes water and kills the environment it shouldn't be allowed.
How much pollution is there without the regulation, how much is prevented by the regulation and what is the cost of following the regulation?

Jawol! Mehr Fukushima ist beserre.

Barack the nigger Hussein Obama allowed the Asian carp epidemic to destroy the mighty Mississippi and has now infested the great lakes
There is literally nothing Trump could do that would even be half as bad as that
Fuck you
I don't care if you're being paid to do this
That is a line you do not cross

>grow what you ear

.... corn?

top comment

you have to go back, cancerous shitskin

redpill me on nuclear energy

>Mexican
>Relevant opinion
Pick one

There are plenty of shitholes that are parpopulated or underpopulated too. You're only focusing on major urban hubs that have to concentrate a ton of people in a small place, but there are underpopulated poor rural shitholes with shit standards of living too too. Just check out central and southeastern US; they're poor rural shitholes that take more federal gibsmedats than they pay out.

There is absolutely no way a disaster like Fukushima is going to happen in Germany you fucking retard, because it's impossible for a tsunami to occur on the Ostsee and German made nuclear reactors are the best worldwide with way too many security precautions

>a literal nigger
>telling an American to "go back"
YOU have to go back to niggerland aka Africa you subhuman shitskin. Go get AIDS there and make a bunch of starving children while you're at it

Isn't there a list somewhere?

There's obviously the clean water act, making it illegal to dump shit in water, I'm looking for more atm

It's the cleanest, most efficient energy source we currently have. There is absolutely no lack of fuel grade uranium, and radioactive waste is the only byproduct. As bad as radioactive waste sounds, it is actually easier to contain than something like airborn pollution caused by coal or natural gas since you don't have to worry about it getting into the water table or atmosphere.

Any safety concerns regarding meltdowns are the result of old reactors or poor maintenance. Chernobyl was inevitable considering drunken communist slavs were in charge of running it, and Three Mile Island didn't even blow. Nuclear reactors have come a long way since those incidents, and if building restrictions were lifted even slightly, their designs would evolve even faster.

In summery, while nuclear power isn't perfect, with existing technology it provides the greatest cost/benefit/pollution ratio of any power source.

I hope Trump continues undoing regulations that fuck over the rust belt, coal country and Appalachia. They all die from them and it means there's less Trump voters.

Yes. Industry is good. Busy hands. Good jobs. No Mexicans.

A dying, irrelevant industry that is being phased out by cheaper energy sources is a good thing?

How about uh iowadnr.gov/Environmental-Protection/Water-Quality/Water-Monitoring/Streams

Iowa and other states already monitor streams for pollution, so a rule requiring the coal mine to monitoring the stream would be redundant?

I'll check if there's already a rule requiring stream monitoring but I'm sure there is one

Okay here we go, the redundant laws and regulations are contained in the Surface Mining and Control Act

osmre.gov/lrg/docs/SMCRA.pdf

As a few articles point out, the elimination of the 2017 rule means that we revert to the 1983 version of stream protection laws

Oh here we go, this is the Code of Federal Regulations that requires coal companies to monitor streams

ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=92e6233c7b7c7d0b065cbb96da6f8562&mc=true&node=se30.3.816_136&rgn=div8

So let's call the monitoring rule redundant

>Nearly identical posts

You're a 'whitehat' hired by Soros, aren't you?

> ensure that land disturbed by mining operations is restored to a condition capable of supporting the uses that it was capable of supporting before mining

This section of the rule is redundant because for one thing there is already at least one federal program for restoring mined land:
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/30/1231

That program is funded by a tax on coal mines which is then used to fund restoration of land and streams that used to be a mine
blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/more/Abandoned_Mine_Lands.html

You guys dont and shouldnt like everything trump does just cause its him hope you know thst

>americans

They are too stupid to understand that, Kraut.