In the 1940s, studies showed that three-quarters of Americans, including college students...

>In the 1940s, studies showed that three-quarters of Americans, including college students, reported “rarely” or “never” seeing any color in their dreams.

nytimes.com/2008/12/02/health/02real.html

What's happening to our dreams???

We started watching coloured TV

delete this thread if you know whats good for you

I remember my friends saying you dont dream in color when you dream.

Also that you cant die in your dream or you die in real life.

I knowi dream in color also i have died in my dream in first person and third many times. The first person deaths in my dreams have been incredible. I told /x/ about them but they didn't believe me.

many people report seeing this man in black and white in their dreams
the reports always come as
"I was dreaming I was leading an empire and this man (picture related) convinced my dream wife that he was a healer then took control of my empire and fucked my wife without me even noticing"
pretty strange times we live in boss

The Matrix was running on a 1 bit OS at the time so you only had black and white.

You may be joking, but it's entirely plausible. People in modern times often associate dreaming with watching a movie. Maybe those who lived in the 40s had dreams in black and white to make them seem more 'cinematic'.

Trips of truth

I'm not joking. People who grew up during times when TV was black and white experience black and white dreams. People now don't.

You too?

Humans never dreamed before radios. Dreaming, for nearly a century, has been the government's way of conditioning the population.

Once we figured out how to broadcast in colour, they became coloured.

Sometimes I dream in dark red shades and pure black

I died in my dreams too

I got out of my body and started going up...

what about you?

There's a lot of creepy-ass things involved in sleep and dreaming. There's

Sleep Paralysis:
>Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which an individual, either during falling asleep or awakening, briefly experiences an inability to move, speak, or react. It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep. It is often accompanied by terrifying hallucinations to which one is unable to react due to paralysis, and physical experiences (such as strong current running through the upper body).

The "Internal Clock" Phenomenon )with a billion studies and no conclusive answer):
>Waking up before the alarm clock rings has nothing to do with a the alarm clock making a noise beforehand. This is an action your subconscious mind makes and is well known amongst hypnotists, hypnotherapists, etc. Everyone has a kind of internal clock which seems to have developed in the subconscious mind through a long association with clocks.

This Man (Pic related):
>From January 2006 until today, at least 2000 people have claimed they have seen this man in their dreams, in many cities all over the world.

And the various things you can't do in a dream like telling the time or reading a book, etc. Shit is interesting as fuck expecially considering how nobody can explain them.

not only do I see color, but I hear really catchy, completely original songs . Then when I wake up I record the melody before I forget.

The last time I had a dream like that some guy was lecturing me about how I'm not of this timeline and that several 90's pop songs no longer exist.

He played several songs for me on his phone and said "sounds familiar right?"

>about how I'm not of this timeline
memes strike again, stop browsing reddirt

I thought I was the only one who had dreams of being tzar nicholas. good to know it's a widespread phenomenon.

I had a dream that was just a still image, I couldn't move my head and the image took up my entire field of vision.

It looked something like this, except right in front of me, it was so disturbing I kept staring at the corner of the image as to avoid looking at it.

My first dream I could ever remember was in black and white. It was a recurring dream in which a bunch of skeleton men were terrorizing a town. Windows were smashed, everything was on fire, and the skeletons were kidnapping babies out of a nursery. Then Michael Jackson appears in a foggy alley way with six dogs on either side of him. He poses heroically and says something like "get 'em, boys" and the dogs rip apart the skeleton men and return the babies to the hospital that isn't on fire any more.

>implying memes are not reality

the most horrible sleep experience I had was about 5 years ago when I was woken up because I heard a record scratch in my head, it hurt a little and woke me up.

That's a pretty cool dream.

>Jesus is Trump's stand

Sounds like sleep paralysis. I've experienced it my entire life. It can lead to our of body experiences and demonic visitations. I've learned to control it and even use it to explore, but still come in contact with demons. Staying calm, rejecting their presence, and invoking the name of Jesus Christ will send them running.

I've also died in my dream

I didn't realise that many people didn't believe this could happen until I told people about my dreams, it seemed normal to me

Although it doesn't happen often, but it has happened numerous times in first and 3rd person, like you

I keep dreaming about my dead dogs

i miss them.

To make a long story short everything went pitch black and my mind stopped thinking but i was 100% conscious of it, it felt amazing but my mind started creeping back in at first with question about what was going on then i went back to normal mind type activity then i woke up.

This only happened once tho. usualy when i die the dream just stops or it goes into a different dream.

All the times when i died in first person have been when iwas minding my own business n a dream then someone killed me. Third person was a roller coaster ride over a lake.

Vitamin B6 deficiency

You're probably right, I used to get Sleep Paralysis a lot and would hallucinate the strangest things during it.

Usually I don't get any hallucinations with it, although sometimes if feels like someone is standing over me - or watching me. In the past I've had very realistic visual and auditory hallucinations paired with the paralysis.

It was such a common occurrence with me that my girlfriend would actually know to shake me awake if she heard me quietly whimpering to myself.

Before then I felt totally trapped in my body and didn't think anyone would hear my paralyzed struggling, but apparently it's enough to wake up a light sleeper.

kek has blessed you,

I too have dreams of my deceased dogs, the dreams are so realistic it's like their lives are perfectly preserved albeit in my mind.

who's the terrorist in the background?

>Sleep Paralysis:
I got this many times. one time i reorganized the furniture in my room then had sleep paralysis where everything was like before i had reorganized my room. It helpd me realize it wasnt realy going on.

>The "Internal Clock" Phenomenon
Yes I experience this many times. I have even relied on it before.
>have important job in the morning
>alarm clock not working
>figure i will wake up earlier than i normaly do anyways because i need to
>wake up a few minutes before i was suppose to like its nothing

So, who's the man?

Yeah, my dreams are usually in that blueish tint they use in movies to make everything look cold.

You know how the universe looks like the electric currents in the brain or whatever?

We are in him.

Sometimes I dream about the future, literally.
It's not usually something important, like a special event, but it's little snippets of a day that I'll dream about and then maybe a week later it'd actually happen. Maybe it's dreamland deja vu?

So, we're in a man, that looks that fucking ugly????
Wtf??

I have literally never not dreamed in color I always thought that was just some silly meme if I had a dream without color it would seriously freak me out

I usually wake up when Im about to die. I can also wake up if I dont like where the dream is going (if I have no control of it).

When I was a kid I never dreamed in color. Everything was sepia-toned and hazy.

As Ive gotten older my dreams have gotten much more colorful and much more vivid.

Holy shit user i hear original music as well. Its always so beautiful. I try so hard to get it recorded but i lose it after fully waking. I need to sleep in my studio or something

When it comes to my dreams seem to be grayish. It might be effected by all the commieblock houses being in a stone gray colour.

The dreams that I have most "conciousness" usually involved familiar, yet in some way strange places.
For example, my commieblock district I live in, but new places exists, some replace other, relative location of things is messed up and wrong.
In one particular dream it felt as if I was in two places at once, in real life both about half a mile apart. Very surreal.
Then usually something comical happens and I realize I am dreaming, soon after which I wake up. In the case of the being in "two places dream", an oversized plane crashed at the speed of a falling balloon behind a house.

I rarely, if ever, remember my dreams. And they usually take place in some darkened cityscape, anyway. I enjoyed wearing the nicotine patch because then I'd have more vivid dreams that weren't such a drag.

>woah i feel unhappy
>better pop a pill
>why are my dreams in black&white format

If you want to improve your memory you can right them down right after you wake up.

>checked

They live on within you, friend. And that means they still exist.

I don't dream.

It's Elio

This time i dreamed i was on a mission to kill a bloodmage and destroy his sinister work.

Helluva fight, would crusade against degenerate mages again.

Are you niggers serious. Dying in your dreams is not a rare occurrence.

Have any of you ever tried to do lucid dreaming? The only time I tried I found myself in a blank white area and I could see another me staring straight down a long ways away in the distance. I walked over to the other me and reached out to touch the other me on the shoulder, and right before I did he snapped his head up and looked right at me before shouting "YOU DO NOT BELONG HERE." Shit was 2spooky4me and I've never tried again.

it's pretty hard to not have a lucid dream if you learn how to do it. kinda tiresome to be honest... sometimes you just wanna relax...

I take a mix of melatonin and benadryl to help me sleep and i no-joke have 5-10 lucid dreams a night in which i am in control and that i vividly remember in the morning. a lot of them are intense and i wake up feeling mentally exhausted, but i love the experience and can't sleep at all without taking anything so for the time being im gonna keep doing it.

try taking 3-5 mgs of melatonin and see if you get the lucid dreams too if youre interested.

How strange. I cant explain this. A theory I have is that those times were more obsessive about black and white races

Been doing this for a few weeks. It's amazing how quick I forget my dreams. I have sometimes a less than one minute window after waking up to start noting the main idea of the dream.

This is some grade A bullshit.

I dream in color and I've died in my dreams multiple times.

I'm sort of the same. Almost all of my dreams I'm wandering in an abandoned city.

Can any armchair psychiatrists analyze what that means?

Something something sex with mum something le insecurities something.

How is internal clock scary?

Also not all sleep paralysis is scary.

My mom is fat and disgusting. So probably the latter.

>A 11-13 yr. old loli hit on me and wanted to touch MY butt in a casey's in my dream the other night.

It was hot af.

Kinda same here. I often dream that someone is chasing me and I'm trying get away. Often it's a mob or a group of people that want to get me. I somehow thought myself how to fly in my dreams. As crazy this might sound. Now every time I'm being chased I just fly up and look at my chasers from above. They can't get me this way. However, usually I kind of fall dawn or don't have enough speed or height but before they get close and get me I always wake up. It's like I've learned tho change my dream locations. It's odd but it works every time. They never get me as I can escape from my dreams by waking myself up.

>I keep dreaming about my dead dogs
Wait until your parents die, that still fucks me up. Immediately after my dad's death, which was two years ago now, I frequently had dreams with him in them and still do sometimes.

Sometimes I knew he should be dead, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes in the dream it turned out he hadn't died and there'd just been some mistake, and now he was back from the hospital. Sometimes the dream was just set while he was ill and so his oncoming death was inevitable, sometimes it was set while he was ill but in the dream he was getting better.

After so many of these dreams, and I was getting kinda tired of them, there was even a point where I dreamt I woke up, got out of bed, walked out onto the landing and he came out of the bathroom, and I was like "oh, that's dad - but he's dead, so I must be dreaming" and upon that thought suddenly everything became so much more vivid and real, I looked at his face as he walked past me on the landing and I could see every wrinkle and pore, "this is too real, I can't be dreaming, everything else must've been a dream-" and then I woke up fucking confused.

I hear that once you recognise you're dreaming, you're supposed to be able to lucid dream. I've never been able to do that. I realise I'm dreaming, but am still unable to control the dream, it just sort of carries on as it wants, like I'm a spectator trapped in my own dream body. Most of the time it pretty quickly just causes me to wake up as things make less and less sense to me, like the dream has crashed.

My dad died when I was 10. I don't really have dreams about him.

I wake up 5 or 10 minutes before my alarm everytime I set one. It's mostly because I don't want to hear it I think.

Rainbows are a good thing. Do not fear colours

*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got there.

that's because everything was black and white back then you dumb shit.

Three years later I still have dreams my grandfather is miraculously alive. Shit I had one last night. He's always deathly ill or impaired but he's somehow still alive.

ive seen him, he was like a midget. seemed friendly

Isn't the internal clock thing just that for a period you basically go in and out of consciousness a bunch of times, and that, like with dreams, if during the brief period of wakefulness nothing of significance happens, you immediately forget it even occurred, and so once you wake up and spot your clock or you're awake and it goes off and you think, "huh, I was already awake", it's just because you've had a number of false starts until the clock actually grabbed your attention and that roused you enough to prevent you from falling back to sleep?

The mystery may be how you roughly know when abouts to start the waking up process, but I don't think it's like "wow I was awake one minute before my alarm - what are the odds!?", that's just a matter of how it seems.

up until i was around 8 or 9 i think i would dream in black and white. i remember a very distinct recurring nightmare where i would be on a train and it would fall off a cliff into a void. i never even thought about that until now

Is it dreaming or are we viewing parallel realities from our consciousness divided up into several space/time streams.

>Sleep Paralysis:
I only had it when it was really hot and i went to sleep in the afternoon. Its really not as bad as people say.
>wake up
>music playing in my ear
>words are all gibberish but music is good
>think i fell asleep with headphones on
>try to get them out but cant move my arm
>roll eyes to look in mirror
>little kid standing inside the mirror
>suddenly see shadow man coming towards me
>try to scream but can't
>close my eyes for a few seconds
>open eyes and see his legs right next too bed
>close eyes again
>he is gone and i can move again
>go back to sleep

Did he tell you if you piss in a dream you piss in real life too? Because it happens

t. happened to me

The true redpill is that our dream life is our second life.

When we dream, there is another person somewhere on the planet who is awake and when they sleep they are dreaming our life.

I used to have some dreams where I would go blind. I would see nothing, I would move around like a madman to try and get my vision back.

I've noticed whenever I get sleep paralysis, I don't hallucinate. I'm just stuck and can only wiggle my toes and sort of control my breathing. In order to snap out of it, I constantly flex my feet while hyperventilating and usually after about a minute of that, I regain control.

I have pretty vivid dreams and have sleep paralysis fairly often.
One of the most interesting dreams was a semi lucid dream where I was in a vast white nothing and I heaed myself thinking up some story in rhymes. Concentrating on it made me visualize it. That stream of thought was not under my control though, and I just enjoyed the whimsical rhyming story.
I also have the same fever dream anytime my temperature is up. I'm in a vast vast greyish white nothing with a black dot in the middle. If I don't concentrate on it, it moves around in an erratic manner and unnerves me to no end. It feels like a horrible chore but I have to keep my focus on it.
I hear recurring fever dreams are quite common.

Just how people are. I see anons making all kinds of theories but I, despite having color TV since childhood, all kinds of experiences etc - can still dream in color. And I have all kinds of dreams too - some which seem coincidentially like setup for deja vu/prophetic bits about all kinds of random moments of the future, some which are pretty regular "some sort of situation/adventure" kind of deal, many where I am merely one of the actors and some when I had short moments of limited lucidity.

That bit I consider bullshit given common very bizarre and fantastic nature of many dreams where there are events straight from sci-fi or fantasy stories or simply a mish-mash defying both common sense and known laws of physics.

I'm the exact same. I've only ever had auditory hallucinations, sometimes scary (demonic voices) and sometimes mundane. I also usually keep my eyes shut when experiencing sleep paralysis for fear of seeing anything spoopy.

i've died too in first and third. usually in first I die and then come back to life or time rewinds. if i die i third person i don't actually die. just watch someone that i think is me die and find out later that it wasn't me.