Atheists of Sup Forums, what do you think happens after you die and why do you think that Atheism is the right thing?

Atheists of Sup Forums, what do you think happens after you die and why do you think that Atheism is the right thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/abs/1101.2213
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think i can fuck you up the ass all day long. And you're going to enjoy it. And i'm going to enjoy it. And we're going to be happy until the end of space and time. With only the two of us left. Until the end of eternity.

Agnostic
nothing, everything you experience as being alive is through senses. all you're senses die with you. easiest way to understand death is to think of the death before you were born. you don't fear that time do you?!

In think humanity in the future perfects time travel and creates their own heaven, bringing all the people that ever died into the future. To heaven.

Eternal recurrence

I thought pol prizes facts over heresay. Theres no evidence for religion.

>time travel the way you perceive it
impossible, physics and laws of thermodynamics would need to be broken (impossible)
"time travel " would only work in respect to *after the machine was built. technically there already is "time shift" because gravity affects space time. there was an entire article a few years ago about this in Astronomy mag, you can find it if you look

When you die it's like before you were born; nothing. Seems like the most logical option.

>what do you think happens after you die

The world continues on and you're dead. It's pretty close to how things were before you were born.

>and why do you think that Atheism is the right thing?

It isn't a question of what is right or wrong. It is a question of evidence. We can talk about being a non-theistic Christian or something to that effect but don't act like atheism is some form of nihilism. It isn't.

Nothing happens after you die.

I am hoping for massive advances in longevity. If this doesn't happen I am going to cryogenically freeze my body when I die.

Humans can travel forward in time without any noticeable gravity space time effect.

Besides the point is that there is no time limit. Humanity will eventually perfect the technology.

this, maybe you are born millions of years later from the same matter but you'll never know if your atoms were formally a rock, animal or synthetic

You go to the big bang sky and fuck raindeer with darwin for eternity.

>there is no time limit.

Uh, user... The universe will most likely eventually "run out" of energy and there will be nothing but dead rock floating in space.

Long before that humanity will face much more drastic problems.

The same thing it happens before you were born.

they only way to technically go forward in time is to be near a super massive black hole (gravity slows your time there) than go to the old location (earth) while they have aged at a faster pace. it's only realistic as a theory.

So you are saying there is insufficient data for a meaningful answer?

one is born like 1 post by this ID just as one sages 1 post by this ID and ultimately dies like 1 post by this ID thread

You cease to exist.

I don't blame people for wanting to think otherwise.

It's not something I generally bring up in conversations.

I dunno lol.

Take the agnostic pill, atheism a shit.

Oh, user.
See you are already going forward in time. Let us call it 1X, by going really fast or doing your black hole thing you are only increasing the 1X to let us say 100X or 1000X. You are already going forward in time!

the cosmic radiation will be the last thing remaining, if the infinite expansion theory is correct.

Yes. However, there is some immediate data available such as the lifetime of our sun or the rate at which Earth's planet core cools. These are measurable things that are degrading in their amount of energy and will eventually "run out" from our perspective. Unless of course something VERY dramatic occurs first we're a finite science experiment in the universe.

>It isn't a question of what is right or wrong
so you don't think atheism is the right thing?

i think you go back to

you're thinking in Hollywood terms, the difference in actual time "gained" is literally milliseconds per thousands of years spent apart. in other words, it's not practical and could not gain any real advantage

Nothing.
Because God has lost every point he ever claimed

you're afraid of a meaningful thread for once?!
don't worry, we're only sliding pewdiepie and racemixig threads

I just make no claim to knowledge over things I could not possibly know. I don't know what happens when you die.

Nothing happens.

Atheism is the right choice because there is no choice-- if being honest with oneself matters. Belief is not possible.

This is complicated (and re-enforced) by the fact that 'religion' for us means Abrahamic religion, which is its own special kind of poison fundamentally different from the polytheistic paganism that would be natural to us.

I couldn't (and dont) believe in that either, but it is not an enemy of truth in the way the Abahamic religions are, and this creates the moral and intellectual neccessity that they be actively combatted.

No, strangely enough, even though I would be called an atheist. I think the right thing is to be a generally good human being that doesn't hurt those around them. That is often best done through some sort of religious framework and I would strongly lean towards practicing Christianity.

I think respecting and loving the stories of your ancestors is the right thing. Being logical about the context and the finality of conscious existence is important to me personally. Thus I am not a theist but I still practice the religion of my family both present and past.

Atheism is irational as much as theism, agnosticism is the only logical path for a reasonable person

It really should be on Sup Forums.

>only sliding pewdiepie and racemix threads

But then there is reason like this.

Why is this relevant? I'm not talking about billions of years. Frankly I can't imagine what Earth would look like in 1000.

this. Hardcore athiesm is just nihilism by another name. Existentialism, in particular, is incompatible with pure materialist perspectives in general if you get into it enough.

>Why is this relevant?

Lol idk. I just wanted to be an ass and point out that we don't technically have forever to cause some existential angst in someone reading this thread.

>Hardcore athiesm is just nihilism by another name. Existentialism, in particular, is incompatible with pure materialist perspectives in general if you get into it enough.
Amerisharts getting their philosophy from answers-in-genesis.com I see

>laws of thermodynamics
Reality doesn't work that way. Look into chaos theory and it's role in consciousness. Science is an effective method of reality control, but it isn't concrete. Eventually there will be another paradigm shift (as with Plato, Newton,Quantum theory,etc.) and what is impossible now will become possible.

have you been to Sup Forums?!
those degenerates would respond some dick pics to his question.
be flattered when someone asks us a genuine intelligent question, there's only so much "drumpf btfo" and bog pill shit people can take before they just leave pol

>Hardcore athiesm is just nihilism by another name

No it isn't. Nihilism is VERY different than atheism. It just so happens that many Nihilists are atheists. There are Christian atheists throughout the world.

Kek. I love German pseudo intellectuals. I could be a verified PHD in philosophy and some kraut HS dropout would think they know better.

People who are actually hardcore athiests (IE not just agnostic or doubtful) are almost always lead there by nihilism.

Nihilism is the large scale pattern. Athiesm is a small scale mode of expression.

well, until this next paradigm shift, "chaos theory" is less logical than proven theories.

>I could be a verified PHD in philosophy
Nah you really couldn't

I'll return to whatever state I was in before I was born. The idea is that we don't know what happens after we die, and it's impossible to know. You have to learn to accept uncertainty.

arxiv.org/abs/1101.2213

It's already coming (has been for decades). In the last few years though it's begun to be applied to psychology and memetics. You will see incredible things come from this in your lifetime that you wouldn't even think were possible.

I imagine it's similar to what happened before I was born.

>why do you think that Atheism is the right thing?
I don't think it is the right thing, I think being religious is the right thing, but I can't buy the metaphysics and cuckoldry. It's like grapefruit. I'm sure it's good for me, but my throat reflexively closes. I literally cannot swallow it. It's not even a gag reflex. I dunno.

I don't have to "think" or "guess" or "believe" anything. I KNOW what happens after you die. Want to know? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. EXACTLY like it was before you were born. There is no "afterlife" or "heaven" or any bullshit that is promised in fairytale storybooks. Get it? When your heart stops pumping blood to your brain and your brain dies from a lack of oxygen, you experience the same damn thing you did before you were born. Which is no experience at all.

will it help save the white race, if not I couldn't care less. we've given "them" too much as it is. I'm not doing one more thing that helps non whites. Philosophy and Scientific discovery will have to wait while we get our house in order.

The same thing that happened before we were born - we cease to exist.

I don't know if atheism is right, but I haven't seen a compelling argument for a single religion and accordingly I don't believe in any. All the religions I've looked into seem to be a remarkably easy way for some people to make a lot a money.

>everything you experience as being alive is through senses
implying the filter (your perception of senses) is objective

What is perspective?

There's no such thing as nothing

If you could actually manipulate your perception of qualitative reality there wouldn't even be a concept of "white" or "black". You could pretty easily shift the concept of niggers into something like elves or hobbits or whathave you, as long as they're cultural isomorphisms.

>That german guy with the odd deer pictures is back

wew

When you die thats it you don't exist anymore I don't know how non existence feels like.
> Is atheist the right thing?
I don't think so, atheist it's a personal stance on life, in my opiniĆ³n I am not sure if I am right but my experience so far didn't show me otherwise but I am open to change my mind

I never said every sense is objective or reality. that doesn't imply you'll achieve some higher existence once these current senses seize to function. Druggies with fried nuerons are not people you should to listen to. muh psychedelics bruh

I'll just keep it simple (the genes in pic related) there's no need to fetishisize things or turn others into caricatures. They are just an out group competing for limited resources against my group. I like to keep things in tune with natural order.

>theists of Sup Forums, what do you think happens after you die
We decompose. There's solid evidence to support this theory.

>why do you think that Atheism is the right thing
When we were ignorant and frightened, we made up stories to explain things. Now that we re much more secure in our knowledge, we no longer need childish fairy tales or inane superstitions.

Our brains have evolved to be rational. It's time to let go of the centuries of embarrassing irrationality and embrace the information age.

honestly my feeling is that we are just not metaphysically significant or special enough in the scheme of things to stay alive in some way after dying
I don't think flies, frogs, or dogs do, and I think we're late-comers to reality who inhabit a tiny portion of it and consist of basically the same stuff as the rest of it
I'm not a materialist/physicalist or empiricist though, and I think what I'm saying might depend on assuming this universal history that produced us wasn't accompanied by something transcendent and efficiently causative
it was undeniably accompanied by something metaphysical and irreducible to the physical, but the question is whether this metaphysical reality includes a mind or (more cautiously) some meaning-based or normative structure that shapes events in some way, and I tend to think it wasn't even though I'm open to the possibility and it would probably change things as regards the argument for an afterlife

>Atheists of Sup Forums, what do you think happens after you die and why do you think that Atheism is the right thing?

What happens when a bacteria dies?

Nothing.

We are just animals too.

You think because we can think and feel we're somehow special?

Dogs and cats think and feel too.

Elephants understand mortality and mourn their dead.

Animals can learn the same way we can.

There's a stepping stone of complex organisms all the way up to human, so I have to ask you, where is the demarcation point where a creature now has a magical soul and isn't just a collection of cells?

I'll be saging deerfags threads into oblivion because deerfag is obviously the biggest autistic faggot there is and posts deers to get the attention his parents and peers never gave him.

Shoot yourself, deerfag

Atheism is ignorance

who honestly knows. this question is as old as the first monkey to light a match.

i tend to lean toward a mystical view of existence, and as such think its entirely possible for unknown planes of existence for us to reside in. but theres currently no way to prove that so what good does it do.

This picture makes me hungry

i think nothing and then maybe eventually u get reborn as something else. that's why its so important to kill all the niggers because i dont wanna get reborn as one

Nature doesn't care and farming points to enter something seems like (((someone))) just scammed you

you're using this God, you're just selfish.

We are not of this earth. As we age time speeds up. Years seem to fly by. There comes a time when we need to leave our bodies behind. This is when we embrace our spirit. In spirit we begin to travel the universe. We can only take our words with us. Gather fruit unto eternal life. We never die user.

I like to think the energy in our bodies returns to the earth and we just transfer into something else. Whether that means coming back as another person, a tree, or even just dust, we remain a part of the universe, because the universe is just filled with different forms of the same thing: energy and matter. In this way no one ever truly dies, they just transform. Also I feel like heaven would get boring after all those trillions of millenia in eternity....

what about the 6 million jews that died in the holocaust tho

i like this. I am going to steal it.

who cares kike

>that one deer showing its ass
Hello SigmaX.
It's Friday you know...

not a cucktheist
after you die you're dead
>do you think that Atheism is the right thing?
atheism is retarded

>lmao dude i know about the nonexistence of an omnipotent and omnipresent entity its LOGIC bro im RATIONAL

>Atheists of Sup Forums, what do you think happens after you die
You stop receiving sensory input and lose the ability to think.

I survived a bout of meningitis and remember what I was like before, that way of thinking is now alien to me.

You're just a meat computer, souls don't exist.

The fact that there is no evidence is what makes it religion dumbass.

Any true believer would reject anything that you might consider "evidence" because it contradicts the very essence of belief in God.

God is that which is both infinitely known and eternally transcends the known. If you want to find God ask yourself what you do not know.

Well, after one dies, one's body stops taking in energy and nutrients and is thus unable to preserve itself or regrow dead tissues. Bacteria and the like slowly break down the body's components until there's nothing left.

Asking why it's the 'right' choice is nonsensical. It's another point of view among thousands of views of the topic of religion. If it works for you, it works, if it doesn't it doesn't.

German deerposter strikes again

I'm on to you, fucker. I am the batman to your joker and you will be brought to justice

Are you fucking retarded? How does that statement imply objectivity of the senses?

FPBP

how do you know what it was like before you were born? How do you even humour the idea that you can comprehend the incomprehensible?

Maybe a simpler argument would be the fact that you can't even remember the first three years of your life, does that mean they didn't happen?

>nothing, my subjective experience ceases to exist
>it may not be, but it is the most internally consistent world view

Your fear of death is what holds you back user. Death is part of life. If you want to fully embrace life you must also fully embrace death.

[[[]]]
fuck off trailer trash

Camel and needle.

I have no idea what will happen
I think I'll probably just die, and that will be it

I dont think its the "right thing"
Im not atheist so much as agnostic, only the most militant and dumbfuck atheists completely deny the possibility of God.
I do think that all of our religions on Earth arent totally right. Maybe once they were a collection of stories about things that really happened long ago but they were written by men and passed around a few thousand years so its all muddled and fucked up.

I just dont really think about religion much. Its not a part of my life.

You become one with God/the Universe/Eternity

That's the politest "kill yourself" I've ever seen. Well done

This. It's like a video game as this is a simulation. You don't die in a video game, you respawn. I could go further into the linear aspect of time and how all of the past and future are occurring at the same time as the present and you can be reborn into any on this timeline but I'll leave that for another time.

We ask God to save us > God tells us we can't until we become one with him > become one with him > God creates us again.

That was my interpretation of the story anyway.

I'm not sure and I don't care. Regardless of what happens it doesn't effect how I live my life so why worry about it? I've almost died before, had to be resuscitated. I don't remember anything from it while being in a comatose condition, if that means anything.

This cartoon is great.

Do you see the truth in it?

yeah all canadians go to hell anyway might as well just do what u want

Atheism is nihilistic narcissism.

Agnosticism is for Atheists who realise this but are still blinded by Materialism.

My body rots

Fun fact; I'm actually Texan. I'm just up visiting family right now.

oh ur alright then

And what point is it you believe God "claimed"?

Your body rots and the world goes on without you.

Decomposition. Cycle of life and all that. Just as other deaths sustained your life your death will sustain other lives.
There's no evidence to the contrary.