Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draining_of_the_Mesopotamian_Marshes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandaeism
youtube.com/watch?v=C0bkbl6owyg
youtube.com/watch?v=vJehn60BfKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

boobies

he dindu nuffin

He was an enemy to the Saudis and therefore an enemy to the CIA.

No because it allowed Hillary and Obama to create ISIS when we left Iraq.

no. the US misjuged the Iranians ability to take over Iraq.

FPBP

Saddam was a maniac, but not a real threat. Saudi Arabia could have controlled him completely if they tried. War was fucking useless

Of course not, you look at the time that's passed since the war ended and nobody has won anything out of it except a few neocons and defense contractors raked in hordes of money while thousands of American soldiers dead and tens of thousands were wounded.

For no reason.

If we wanted to invade another country after Afghanistan, it should have been Saudi Arabia. Hell, Saddam would've helped us.

It was one of the biggest blunders and strategic mishaps in modern American history. Should've been Saudi.

Do you enjoy ur quality of life?
Then yes, because he threatened the petro dollar.
He intended to start selling oil in euros/gold etc instead of dollars, if other countries follow the petro dollar crashes and the crippling debt becomes a real issue.

the only country that successfully kept El Qaida and other terrorist groups in need for safe havens and training facilities out of its borders.

Holla holla

Gimme gvie me petro dollar

He did nothing wrong, he was the only one keeping the region under control
If you support the war on iraq you support israel running american foreign policy
Tell me one thing that you gained from going to war against iraq?

Had chemical weapons from the 80s that the US gave to him to defend against Iran. Saddam kept swing his big dick about it to fend of Iran. By the 2000s, those weapons have far expired. He kept swinging his dick. USA used it as an excuse to topple him for oil and Israels interests. Just look at the closest advisers of Bush. All Jewish. Not even meming right now.

Yes. He systematically tortured hundreds of thousands and gassed his own people. Fuck Saddam. It was worth it.

Dictatorship is necessary in the Middle East, let them do their thing and don't interfere with their garbage.

>gassed his own people
fuck off back to your mountain kurd
Inshallah al anfal will happen again

Should've finished him off in the Gulf War. Would've saved a lot of trouble during Dubya's time.

Burger ambassador promissed him, his family and his finances safety, if Iraq amry would surrender. So he signed the order. But burgers had different plans, so they started bombing the surrendered army, shooting civilians and torturing prisoners of war to initially support building of ISIS.

Was Saddam worth to start a war? That is a stupid question.

>Tell me one thing that you gained from going to war against iraq?

to be desu they have been destabilising the arab region since the 70's and really succeeded this time.

this is so overrated it's basically a conspiracy theory

This.

the country destabilizing the middle east is israel

not really
he was only a threat to his neighbors

He tried to sell oil in Euros - big mistake just ask Gaddafi.

I thought it's true ? Same reason for ousting ghaddafi

No but he still deserved to die.

why?

Yeah they stopped selling oil in dollars but the petrodollar isn't what gives the the US dollar its strength. It's the status of reserve currency that does (ie. every time there's a crisis everyone buys US bonds and treasuries). Petrodollar makes up a tiny fraction of it, most things are bought and sold in USD already. It's mostly a coincidence that they aren't selling oil in dollars, these are geopolitical enemies of the USA and to protect themselves from future shocks of sanctions and things like that they avoid using dollars.

The rumours of him being a psychopathic tyrant are true. His security forces were especially brutal. If you acted up he'd do things like have your daughters kidnapped and raped by security agents then send you the video to watch. He practised things like collective punishment, so if someone in your village acted out he would have random people arrested and executed. If you ever went into hiding they'd just arrest your friends and family until you turned yourself in. This is how he kept Iraq """"secure"""". He deserved to die but the Iraq war was conducted very badly and mismanaged.

let me guess, they also threw babies out of incubators to steal them, right?

>Syria
>Bad
Hafez was the better, more competend leader
Saddam was a hothead who thought he was king of the world

You know how Hitler is used as the standard for the ultimate evil? Saddam is far more evil except he lacked the means to do things. If the USA didn't intervene during the First Gulf War it's entirely possible he would have gone on a rampage to annex entire Arabia (he was a pan-Arab nationalist). He had one of the strongest armies in the world in the late 80's thanks to Gulf countries funding and Western countries selling him weapons

You're thinking of one of his sons, not him.

hafez is a traitor who sided with israel and iran against iraq
he evn took part in gulf war in exchange for (((foreign aid)))

obviously that was made up, but that doesn't mean all his atrocities are made up you dumbass

>the Iraq war was conducted very badly and mismanaged.

naa the actual war and taking Baghdad was great and they managed to have fewer military deaths than the normal average somehow, the Iraqi army got rolled over insanely fast
it was the occupation and nation building BS that ruined Iraq for us because it was full of insurgents and assholes from all over the middle east trying to take shots at US servicemen form their chance and jihad points

He was competing with Saddam for the leading role in the Ba'athist world and saw the retarded Iran-Iraq war Saddam started as an opportunity to get ahead of his rival
Stay butthurt, Ahmed

half your country is occupied by turks

And yours is torn apart by Wahabbi Jihadists and Shias, whilst being a US puppet state

who said im iraqi?

Hitler's the standard for evil because of the Holocaust, not cause he tried to take over Europe. Conquerors throughout history have been admired.

You tell me

Yes. We needed to fuck up the middle east so they could not attack us again.

This could apply to Syria too
Libya - another ex-Ba'athist country - is also a shitshow
At least Egypt got away unharmed

You are an absolute sucker for propaganda I guess? Do you really think that was the case and that it may have been a PR campaign to justify the invasion of Iraq?

Literally the same shit that is happening w/ Syria regarding Assad apart from the fact that the Syrian people are smart enough not to fall for it.

I'm talking post war. For example forbidding all the ex Baathists from getting jobs in new Iraq. They all joined sunni radical groups after. 18/20 original leutenants of ISIS are Saddams old geenrals

he kept the sandniggers in check.

No. Saddam actually protected Christians in his nation (for the most part). In fact, his Foreign Minister was openly Christian. And now Christians, who were in Iraq even before Muslims, will now cease to exist at this rate.

This is just further proof that the U.S. is doing the bidding of evil. We must cut ties with Israel or we will surely fall.

In retrospect, it wasn't worth the effort. We should have just let him build a nuclear bomb and nuke the Israel kike faggots.

A journalist asked Hafez "why do you support Iran? Isn't suppporting a fellow Baathist Saddam more logical?"

Hafez replied "one day the arab nations will turn on Syria and the Iranians will be the only ones to help us"

paraphrased

You're a fucking faggot, the whole thing wasn't propaganda. The propaganda was that Saddam was building WMD and a threat to the West. Everything about him being a brutal tyran is absolutely true you fucking tinfoil nigger

Wew, this actually happened in the end
Really made me think

fuck saddam

what the fuck is cyprus

Yeah what baout the Marsh Arabs and their pre-Islamic religion who he purged from southern Iraq? What about gassing the Kurds? Are you seriously that much of a gullible faggot to think Saddam was a man of the minorities? The Christians never sided with Iran or the Peshmerga so he spared them from the genocide he committed against others

Anyways, my case still stands.
Hafez Al-Assad (Bashar's dad, for those of you polacks who don't know) was the better Ba'athist leader, as he knew his limitations and was careful with his actions - as every politician should be. Dictators and megalomaniacs don't go well together, and Saddam was no exception.

w- what?

Lol nope it was all decades of propaganda. He was no more brutal than your run of the mill saudi or kuweitan or paki. Propaganda repeated over decades is a powerful thing. Look at how much they spun up Assad who was practically a Saint

They misjudged the whole god damn war.
>2 weeks turned into a couple years and cool trillions

The worshippers of Marduk were there before Christians.

We need to restore Babylon.

Are you retarded?

How many times did the Kuwaitis or the Saudis unleash chemical weapons against their own people?

How many times did they do things like this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draining_of_the_Mesopotamian_Marshes

to wipe out an entire group of people. In this case it's the last 100k followers of Mandeism, a pre-Islamic religion.

Americans should not be allowed to discuss the rest of the world they are too fucking stupid

That worked out well.

Well it could have possibly been done as the US expected if they didn't try to turn Syria and Iran into enemies at the very same time. Iran and Assad got together to bog down US troops in Iraq. Assad was funneling Sunni jihadists into Iraq by bus and Iran was funding Shiite militias. And all the Shiite Iraqi politiicians were in exile in Iran and all Iranian pawns so they all took over the government and did Iran's bidding. If the USA had instead befriended Iran and Syria they would have had a lot more cooperation and Iraq probably would have been fine.

Hey, I'm not surprised when seeing some burger who doesn't know geography
Also, more than 1 year of shitposting on Syria General gives you good knowlege on the modern history of the Middle-East

I'm paraphrasing, but some of his last words were, "ya'll niggas gonna find out Iraqis are a bunch of assholes and this place is a lot harder to run than you think" and he was right.

He was an asshole, and he should be dead, but that was not our responsibility, and by removing him we created ISIS and then the refugee crisis, which in turn, turned my fellow Americans into terrible human beings, and elected TRUMP, so no it was not worth it.

>A leader should never start a war that he is not willing to die for himself, that's why we have lost every war since WWII, it was the only one worth fighting for

These guys were still there until Saddam purged them of their homeland

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandaeism

Iraq was a hotbed of diversity until this century. They still had Zoroastrians, Yezidis, 1 million Christians, the Mandaeans

When portions of your population believe heaven is a bomb vest away, a dictatorship is the only valid form of government.

Had the Iranian revolution never happened we would have disregarded him but we propped him up and then attacked him and set up a government friendly to Iran that hates us, all over fucking Kuwait.

You should be with saddam. They should have been left alone so their people wouldn't come running to Europe.

Well he started the wars, really, by invading Kuwait.

The burguers knew exactly what would happen if they took Saddam out,there was a video from 94 with Cheney talking with would create a shitstorm with a lot of crazy groups,and guess what?They did it and it happened.

he was a good leader. too bad the jewnited states of americunts ruined all that and now we have ISIS.

He was a mad dictator and a dumbfuck, but invading Iraq in 2003 did way more bad than good.

and do you also know why he invaded kuwait?
it is your cunt that is fucking up this region since 30 years

didnt he invade kuwait, a very important british/american staging ground? probably not smart to set the precedent that you can do things like that

Tell me about the second invasion of Kuwait and the "WMD´s"

my guess is he was part of the greater scheme of ridding the mideast of all anti-western regimes which were greatly strengthening anti-western nations around the world with oil deals.

the only real military threat in the picture is iran mainly due to their religious fanaticism/human wave attacks. it wouldve been a horrible war militarily but more importantly wouldve given great ammunition to the biggest enemy in an western war, the media, as irans human wave attacks consist entirely of civilians

so we had to get set up appropriately by taking the two weaker countries first, iraq and afghanistan, in order to surround iran and make the war as quick and painless as possible. the next step was to incite an uprising inside iran calling for freedom from theocratic oppression which we wouldve promptly responded to by kicking their shit in.this would also end almost every trace of insurgency as it was almost entirely the work of the iranians. but it took too long and the uprising didnt take place until 2009 when bush was out of office and obama simply ignored it.

its a shame. as a civilian i dislike war as much as any leftist and hate seeing people get killed, but on the geopolitical level bush wouldve greatly enhanced the status of the west for the next 100 years if he had succeeded.

Literally a CIA plant.

I agfree it was part of a greater scheme in the middle east but you've got some facts wrong. Iran didn't use civilians in human wave attacks. These were the Basijis, the volunteer forces. Iran's military strategy was basically to use the Baij to keep the Iraqi forces concentrated at a front and distracted and then they'd send the professional forces around a flank to mop of the Iraqi positions. Iran was under military sanctions so things like tanks and artillery were valuable but they had an effectively endless supply of volunteers. This tactic was working great for ages until Saddam started using chem weapons and the USA started providing satellite imagery of Iranian troop movements

>annex entire Arabia (he was a pan-Arab nationalist)

Nothing wrong with that, Saddam's dictatorship still would have been better than the mess the Arab world is now.

Arab countries can only be ruled by an iron fist, it's either that or Islamism.

Middle east worth spmething lol. Of course he was threatening our eastern seaboard with surface to air missles while galavanting 30 miles away in international waters.

I don't agree that Arabia can only be ruled with an iron fist. But Saddam is the wrong guy to take Arabia, he was willing to commit genocide to keep control. Saddam is on the same level as ISIS. I think something like 18 or 19 of the original 20 lieutenants of the ISIS military are ex Baathists from Saddam's army. It's much the same commanders from Saddam's government but the grunts are all from Arabia and North Africa.

vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=C0bkbl6owyg

>American lives lost: 5k
>Iraqi lives lost: 500k
>Cost: $1,7 trillion
>WMD: 0
You tell me

We got attacked on 9/11, an act of war by an enemy with no government, troops, or territory. No one knew what to do about it, but everyone wanted to do something. One theory was that we'd made ourselves look weak and vulnerable by leaving our business unfinished in Iraq, and that fixing it would be a good step toward stabilizing the region. Making us look like, in Bin Laden's terms, the "strong horse".

>Nothing wrong with that

He would literally control the world's energy supply and take the West hostage.

He did try to kill Dubya's dad, allegedly. That is well worth the lives of over 4,000 servicemen, and hundreds of thousands if Iraqis.

youtube.com/watch?v=vJehn60BfKk
IF SADDAM DID ANYTHING WRONG THEN EXPLAIN THIS

Just another shitty dictator whose country needed to be "liberated" by the US so that sweet oil could flow and the Middle East remain an easily exploitable shitheap

Marsh arabs were mostly shia, not mandaean. Plus it was more than likely he just drained it for agricultural reasons and gave no fucks about its inhabitants as dictators do, not purposely persecuting them

Kurds on the other hand were in open rebellion and deserve to get gassed just as much as jews do, either you put them down or accept their demands for independence and look weak. And Saddam was not one to look weak

Hate GW and the fake news in 2003. Hate Saddam. Hate Saudi. Hate Kuwait. Hate Israel. Hate isis. Hate Syria. Hate Palestine. Miss anyone? Fuck them too. Not glassing the sand dunes was a mistake.

Ha, the house of saud did it. GW and the neoconservative knew this. They did nothing about it except falsely advise Saddam.

Enemy to the Jews and their bankers

Meets opportunity, to help the Jews and their Shabas goys with infinite war money, Weaken all Israeli enemies, for later takeover

TELL ME ABOUT SADDAM , WHY DOES HE RULE IRAQ?

LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A BA'ATH LEADER

OR PERHAPS HE'S WONDERING WHY YOU WOULD TRICK A MAN INTO INVADING KUWAIT BEFORE DEPOSING HIM

AT LEAST YOU CAN TALK, WHO ARE YOU

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WE ARE, WHAT MATTERS IS OUR PLAN

SADDAM

NO ONE CARED WHO I WAS TILL I CARRIED OUT THE COUP

IF I TOOK THAT BERET OFF , WILL YOU DIE

IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY PAINFUL

YOUR AN AUTHORITARIAN GUY

FOR YOU
FOR YOU
FOR YOU!!!!! :DDDDD :-DDDD

GW well known crypto Jew.

Sauds made some money off it but nothing like what the Jews made these past 14 years as a result of it, then there's all the money and good that moved in 9/11, while the Jews were home taking sick days, others across the street taking pictures

Money and gold

Yes we needed to destroy his chemical missile silos.

It's probably part of the reason but
We have our own oil reserves
We have the rest of OPEC in the back pocket
We have SWIFT backing the USD as the GRC
Since the original technical security agreements with OPEC we moved to ensure a whole host of other commodities worldwide are also sold in USD by U.S. Corporations
We could have easily crippled any European country that participated

I think the more general idea of invading Iraq and ousting Saddam was to take control of the center of the Mideast, use it or threaten to use it as a launching platform to other nations in the region , and influence their policy to be favorable to the U.S.

In a way it worked before right after invading all the mid eastern nations opened their Intel to the U.S. However shitty

The secondary idea was that Iraq was to be a black hole for terror groups and insurgents to spend blood and treasure until they were killed or exhausted

Ofc the plan didn't work out because Bush and co didn't account for factional civil war and how low IQ Iraqis aren't a good pool to draw security forces from, while debaathification destroyed their professional class, officer corps, and civil service .

The left to this day thinks Bush was some racist xenophobic Islamohater , but the reality is that he wasn't respelled enough about these desert tribes and how to deal with them. At least Reagan would have taken no time to install a strongman right away.