Brit/pol/ - Britain's Finest Comedian edition

>Stoke by-election candidate arrest over expression of anti-immigration views
theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/17/stoke-byelection-candidate-barbara-fielding-arrested-over-anti-immigrant-comments

>Blair calls for undead army to rise against Brexit
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38996179

>Bercow aide reveals Labour bias, controversy rolls on
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4227188/Speaker-John-Bercow-caught-new-row-Tory-MPs.html

>Nutall caught out using emotionally manipulative lies; UKIP in collapse
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/paul-nuttall-ukip-hillsborough-claims-lynda-roughley-stoke-by-election-a7580616.html

>Bank of England to keep using meaty fivers, now tenners too - despite fiat currency on brink of collapse
theguardian.com/business/2017/feb/15/bank-england-retain-plastic-5-note-vegan-protest-10-animal-fat

>UK-EU citizens threatened in EU exit negotiations
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4222618/EU-hit-Brexit-ejecting-expats-report.html

>Lord D.ubs amendment abandoned by May falling well short of intended aims
huffingtonpost.co.uk/harriet-blackmore/child-refugees_b_14736966.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

>UK Church of England is splitting further over report on gay marriage
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38982013

>Fear the hackers! 'Restrict all freedoms as neccessary' says Queen
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38964996

>May has no plan for UK energy mix, unable to respond on nuclear
belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/theresa-may-ducking-concerns-about-future-of-moorside-nuclear-power-station-35454148.html

>Air pollution at breaking point - EU slams UK
independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/air-pollution-final-warning-european-commission-uk-breaches-failure-latest-environment-16-areas-a7581191.html

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/17/nicola-sturgeon-says-tony-blair-right-say-brexit-strengthens/
express.co.uk/news/world/768864/A-LOT-of-damage-Juncker-fears-Brexit-DOMINO-EFFECT-as-he-prepares-to-downsize-Brussels
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4234166/Paul-Nuttall-lashes-smears-Hillsborough.html
news.sky.com/story/save-john-bercow-campaign-launched-amid-no-confidence-motion-10770407
youtube.com/watch?v=54pwPUDyky8
farage.neocities.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=JIHN1UkcSGo
poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/6235-gbp-to-eur-and-us-retail-sales-jan-17
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-38981129
theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/17/stoke-byelection-candidate-barbara-fielding-arrested-over-anti-immigrant-comments
youtube.com/watch?v=4YqKf3v2aPs
abolishmcrm.com/party-constitution-and-manifesto/
youtube.com/watch?v=c7UcduuXTKs
youtube.com/watch?v=rFK3tbkNX-A
youtube.com/watch?v=K_UrwZT6ow4
youtube.com/watch?v=blg9XVBUEZg
youtube.com/watch?v=aR4MvD9IEAE
uniquecodeanddata.co.uk/teletext76/
jonathanbowden.co.uk/writing/articles/article00072007.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_World_Service
theguardian.com/politics/wintour-and-watt/2010/may/11/coalition-talks-libdem-labour-deal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anime

>Blair declares open war on Brexit. Sides with Sturgeon - pro-indyref2
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/17/nicola-sturgeon-says-tony-blair-right-say-brexit-strengthens/

>Junker rolls over in full damage control. Offers to downsize EU to prevent Brexit Dominoes across EU
express.co.uk/news/world/768864/A-LOT-of-damage-Juncker-fears-Brexit-DOMINO-EFFECT-as-he-prepares-to-downsize-Brussels

>Nutall crocodile tears over Hillsborough unite UKIP
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4234166/Paul-Nuttall-lashes-smears-Hillsborough.html

>Bercow has 11 MPs backing him against vote of 'no confidence'
news.sky.com/story/save-john-bercow-campaign-launched-amid-no-confidence-motion-10770407

youtube.com/watch?v=54pwPUDyky8

the birth of a monster

>it's been about 50 days since farage.neocities.org/ was working

Howard is funny but jesus christ he's a left-wing cuck.

Will the U.K. Undo Blairs devolution in Scotland and Wales?

It's not bloody ambitious. Immigration ought to be frozen

Can I get a quick rundown on Paul Nutter?

love it

So are you from Norn or ROI?
Because I'm getting tired of telling you we have almost the exact same laws as Norn on the mainland. ROI is much, much worse, so neither point you're coming from makes any sense.
Gun ownership is low here because England is one of the most urbanised countries in the world and there's no gun culture here. There's no conspiracy to it.

He is not remotely funny imo. Actually I don't think comedians are funny at all. Are there any?

This, I h8 his political views but he is genuinely funny sometimes

He is funny, less so these days. Lots of funny comedians - we have the best comedians in the world and that's a fact.

Minus the women but they don't count.

His friend Rick Mayall died in the Hillsborough disaster.

Designated Leftist just sent me a ceefax page informing me that he was banned for posting his ban-warning and won't be back until tomorrow.
He also said that he's not too impressed that you can't appeal a 3-day ban, or with the amount of Jimmy Saville memorabilia that's still kicking about around the back-rooms of the BBC.

Then he set up a game of Bamboozle!
No. In Scotland it would be nightmarishly unpopular and in Wales devolution is working exactly as planned (i.e. horribly.)
Scotland voted for devolution (narrowly) in 1979 and had it rejected based on an arbitrary requirement that 40% of the population vote for it.

Comedians shouldn't base their whole act on politics desu

>Britain's Finest Comedian
youtube.com/watch?v=JIHN1UkcSGo

>still giving the fenian (You)s

Please no

>less so these days

I remember when he was on mock the week years ago. Wasn't funny

Dunno about funny but I like Aisling Bea

>your statefunded TV has comedy shows that openly trash a major political party

How is this allowed?

Next OP change links

>Pound slumps against Euro over fall in consumer spending due to inflation
poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/6235-gbp-to-eur-and-us-retail-sales-jan-17

>NHS heavily reliant on foreign workers, needs more
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-38981129

>2 down
pic related

And rolling back ancient speech freedom with common-sense have legislation is similarly just perfectly normal and not in any way a programmatic reshaping of law and culture.

>a ceefax page
Wot

Really? Guess there's no accounting for taste, I found him very entertaining on MtW. His show was always pretty shit though. Some of his DVDs are good, one joke about Gordon Ramsay had me actually crying with laughter for 5 minutes.

underageb&

He doesn't though, its because he has a topical programme about good news, but he was snidey about UKIP and the daily mail so everyone here hates him

UKIP?

Why do you think he might have been banned?

She's one of the less terrible female "comedians", that is true. Not amazing, but at least 4/10.

I'm not sure about Scotland, but I believe Wales is generally not that sanguine about devolution. They only voted it in on a 0.3% yes vote, it was less than the margin of invalid votes (0.36%).

Maybe he is. I don't get comedy

I find Jimmy Carr funny, he's got good bantz and seems to own being a cunt.

Blimey, were you born without humour or something? My condolences.

>87%

Explain yourselves

Freedom of speech just isn't comparable to gun laws, I'm sorry. I would generally prefer them to be more permissive but I don't see the point getting hysterical about it.

desu he shouldn't be injecting his own personal biases. Either treat all political parties snidely or don't.

Non-european is a broad spectrum, Iceman. Doesn't always mean niggers and "refugees".

No. Comedy isn't funny to me. I hate it

>Stoke by-election candidate arrest over expression of anti-immigration views
>theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/17/stoke-byelection-candidate-barbara-fielding-arrested-over-anti-immigrant-comments

Loooooool

A 78 year old woman.

This country is dead.

Meanwhile some paki is scraping a little girls clit off in a council house were all paying for. Fucking braaaaavo. When's Putin and or trump going to nuke us?

>Aisling Bea
>4/10

You guys are on a roll!

Fight the power. Great work.

Comedy-wise, not looks.

B O W D E N

youtube.com/watch?v=4YqKf3v2aPs

I agree but he's on the BBC so he's always going to be part of that lefty liberal hivemind

Oh, yeah she isn't very funny

You guys shouldn't have to pay taxes to support any news channel. Fuck the BBC,

The absolute state of Jonathan Bowden's """"art"""

Its the same as PBS, you guys just pay it indirectly

Cock sucker

Post more.

Yeah but not a lot of people really watch PBS. BBC has way more influence.

Google it, it's all like that

The small upside is that it encourages people to stop watching television if they want to tax protest.

Have you seen her parties manifesto

abolishmcrm.com/party-constitution-and-manifesto/

Its fucking great

Like pic-related.

On the page (6696) it said for Global-Rule 8 ("Complaining about Sup Forums moderation or policies on the imageboards")

Yeah, but it's not really worth starting a fuss over either. I believe the marigns were slightly higher for giving them more power in (2011?)

Oh wtf she was arrested? Based meme party though

I wouldn't mind if the (((BBC))) weren't purveyors of lies and degeneracy

I remember playing around with the ceefax page and unironically using it. Them were' days.

If FTPT is so terrible and destroys 3rd parties, why are there so many 3rd parties in Britain? Even parties without many seat (e.g. UKIP) have had big influence on politics.

Contrast this to Australia with it's supposedly wonderful preference system, where 145/150 seats in the House of Representatives are controlled by one of the two main blocks

BBC is Fake News

>Called out by Corbyn
youtube.com/watch?v=c7UcduuXTKs

>Called out by Trump Aide
youtube.com/watch?v=rFK3tbkNX-A

>Called out by Brooker
youtube.com/watch?v=K_UrwZT6ow4

>Called out by international community
youtube.com/watch?v=blg9XVBUEZg

Does anyone ITT dare defend the British Bropaganda Corporation?

Oh also, we barely give PBS anything. If they tried making us pay a tv licence, people would riot.

Has anyone here read Bowdens books?

It's not beautiful. Does that invalidate the ideas he propagated? No.

youtube.com/watch?v=aR4MvD9IEAE

You know ol' Pete outside of here then?

>Yeah but not a lot of people really watch PBS
I dunno they make good documentaries/biographies about great americans like walk Disney and henry ford which I enjoy

>BBC has way more influence.
True, its down when we had an Empire and the BBC having a radio stations in every territory so its news channel has a great worldwide infrastructure and good reputation as a news source

he made it as a means of letting off steam - he wrote an article about it which was very interesting. Saw him speak at a BNP Ideas conference a few months before he died, feel very lucky to have done so, amazing speaker.

Didn't say it did m8. Just find it odd that a traditionalist would make such shite and call it art

Link?

You might enjoy this: uniquecodeanddata.co.uk/teletext76/
(Each folder is a given date, pick one and you can look around through bits of it, typing the number and such.)

Yeah we work together

shame itll be missed by most people but its fucking hilarious

The coalition government of 2010-2015 was the only post-war coalition. FPTP usually gives the majority party an effective majority in parliament to pass laws. 3rd parties aren't that big in the UK, the largest is the SNP and they are a one policy party that has peaked. The lib dems have always been useless more so recently and UKIP have always been no hopers

Why?

Completely and utterly wrong on all counts. You can't even own pistols in Britain anymore, I'd know because the British Olympic shooting team uses the firing range at my gun club from time to time because its illegal for them to practice their sport in the UK. Even when hosting the 2012 Olympics emergency legislation was rushed through to make an exception for target shooting and the modern pentathlon.

I have a significant enough collection of firearms here in Ireland, I live in the UK normally and there is very little chance I'll ever be able to bring many of them into the UK as an enthusiast.

When there's all these other channels that you can watch, people just kind of ignore little old PBS. I love their documentaries though. The Prohibition and Civil War ones are GOAT. BBC doesn't really slack when it comes to documentaries either. Walking With is awesome. Interesting bit there about the BBC's history. Never knew about that.

He wasn't strictly a traditionalist.

She doesn't fuck about with policy desu. If UKIP die we should turn to meme parties like this.

I did enjoy that, thank you.

For God and Ulster lads. Reminder that if you are not a White Anglo Saxon Protestant you do not belong here

>UKIP are no hopers
>Brexit is literally happening

>Lib Dems have been useless recently
Doesn't change the fact they were in Government and Cabinet for five years this decade

I didn't say 3rd parties were strong, I said they were stronger. By definition a 3rd party is one that isn't expected to be in Government or the official Opposition. But British 3rd parties, at least in the last few years, have had a much bigger impact than comparable parties in places like Aus.

I think this is the one I was thinking of jonathanbowden.co.uk/writing/articles/article00072007.html lots of good stuff on that site though. Glad someone has made that site though as I was worried a lot of his work would be lost.

>tfw part ARYAN

pls don't send me to the refineries

If you want a quick rundown about the bbc world service.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_World_Service

The great thing about PBS is the UK is they always start their programmes at staggered times to the other channels so when its adverts on other channels their programmes are on. That is the great thing about public broadcasters is that they do make great documentaries

>The coalition government of 2010-2015 was the only post-war coalition
To be fair, it's probably worth noting there could have been one in 1974A (No overall majority for any party, Liberals considered a pact with Heath but demanded electoral reform), and that from 1977-1978 the Liberals and Labour party did have a pact. (Labour majority from 1974B was lost, Liberals expected a 78 election and withdrew when told it wasn't happening.) Although it was well short of a coalition.

Did Australia not have the Democrats or something for a while?

I hope you don't really believe the "anglos aren't aryan" meme

Here in the US, PBS has no ads at all. They have to get by on a trickle of government money and viewer donations and grants.

I can notice YKTD posting without his trip

I hope you die lad

Our version of the House of Lords but is elected has a bunch of minor parties, but they really don't accomplish much

I listen to PlanetMoney podcast from PBS quite a lot, quite interesting if you are interested in finance although occasionally they get a bit too political and they are very leftist.

nah just memeing

although what even is aryan really

>35. The Death Penalty for anyone using a Radio Signal to kill or control another human being or animal, except in warfare.

he still uses the same pictures in each thread

this Amerifat is really getting on my tits too. It's not endearing.

theguardian.com/politics/wintour-and-watt/2010/may/11/coalition-talks-libdem-labour-deal
Let us look back on some Turkeys voting for Christmas.

>PlanetMoney podcast
thanks user will look it up

I don't even know tbqhwy, always seemed a bit pseudo-sciencey to me

I'm sure they make money like the BBC selling their programmes abroad. I think the BBC are one of the most profitable studies in the US as all they do is sell the programmes we paid for

Urge to suicide intensifies