This man ruined the western world

This October will officially mark 500 years after Martin Luther started the Protestant movement in Germany.

I'm an oriental orthodox Christian convert from non denomination Christianity (which is Protestant) and I look at the Protestant reformation as mark of the beginning downfall of not just Christianity in the western world but also western culture as a whole. This movement gradually liberalized the Christian religion though it didn't begin to steer out that way but just being non catholic but eventually this movement sparked the rise of not only liberal Christianity but the rise of non religiosity and atheism and that helped communism become an ideology by Karl Marx because not a lot of people in Europe were non religious prior the reformation. I understand that the Catholic Church was corrupt, but what I don't understand is why didn't Martin Luther lead his followers to being orthodox, that in my mind would've made more sense.

I think that if Martin Luther lead his followers to orthodox Christianity rather than just start a non apostolic church with no apostolic tradition and "sola scripture" and "sola fida" then there probably would be a less liberal western world and a western world that is more Christian and probably no communism and probably a lot less if not no more degeneracy in the western world.

Other urls found in this thread:

adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers_Religion.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's wrong? He just removed the European 'pagan' part of Christianity that was present in Catholicism, making it more similar to the original version. Surely if you are a Christian you agree that pagan rituals and customs are bad right?

Why are your sentences so long?

>the common folk shouldn't be able to read the bible REEEEEEE
Hey give me 300 bucks or your dad stays in purgatory forever.

>pagan rituals and customs are bad
no

>Surely if you are a Christian
ummmmmm, no

Catholicism wasn't pagan, Catholicism used to be more catholic during its persecution by the Roman Empire and I think that after Constantine legalized it it went into a power change that I think changed its original I why and spiritual meaning and added things to their tradition that aren't needed like purgatory or indulgences. I think the Catholic Church 2000 years ago was more like orthodoxy today.

How did Protestantism liberalize Christianity? That was the result of Marxist subversion.

Why the fuck would you want to adhere to a pope that praises islam and calls Europe bring Christian as abhorrent

This.

My parents raised me Wall-Mart tier Pentecostal, it wasn't until I was in high-school until I discovered the KJV. It was like being injected with poetry.

But after years and years of being a Protestant, something always seemed lacking.

Eventually, I found Douay–Rheims (1580) which is like the Warhammer 40k of translations.

He was an antisemite and he basically opened the floodgate for baptists, mormons and any other retard that wants to start their own form of "Christianity"

Orthodox Christians in Greece and the Russians 500 years ago could read the Bible.

> Orthedox Christianity is Protestant
You do realize the Cathlic Church is not fond of the Orthodox Church, right?

But Christianity is ritualistic like Paganism whats your point ?

mean you drink the blood of Christ symbolic represented by wine and you eat the body of Christ , and you get baptized .

All this in 2017 behind my computer screen

>Catholicism wasn't pagan
I'm sure at one point it wasn't, but as it spread thought Europe it became more and more 'pagan'. Even priests and nuns clothes are a pagan inspired thing.

Catholic Church is fine with Orthodox. You can receive communion in a Roman Catholic church if you're orthodox. That basically means "your soul is right with god"

So...you know you're retarded, right?

>He was an antisemite
You say that like it's a bad thing

Well his form of Christianity is more Jewish than any other, so if he was an antisemite he fucked up.

Orthodox fucked up badly too though.The official movement of Orthodoxy is to deny the existence of the papcy and authority of the Church at Rome. When they split off various wars ensued with the Orthodox over and over again because the Orthodox demanded that authority comes from Constantinople instead of rome and the pope is "just another bishop"

You fucked up badly orthodox, no offense but you gave martin luther the idea in the first place and with you he new it was possible to split off.

United we stand and divided we fall.

Guess who lost their city to Islam?

I am a white American 21 year old Coptic convert from Protestantism, we have our own pope who's tradition goes back to saint mark one of the authors for the book of mark in the New Testament and he isn't a cuck like the current catholic pope. The Coptic Orthodox Church and all of the orthodox churches dont change their attitudes or doctrines for any reason even with modern trends, we completely reject modernism which is the issue with western Christianity.

Well I guess that means we shouldn't protest the RCC doing that after all then!

Roma not rome sorry

DEUS VULT

He wrote "On the Jews and Their Lies"
He's an antisemite. He wrote the book on it.

>Im a convert to Orthodoxy

is this required reading?

What do you think of the friendliness between the Catholic pope and The Coptic pope?

Orthodox Christianity is the most traditional and most conservative form of Christianity. Even more so than Catholicism in its present stage.

The pope even kisses the feet of Muslims, why wouldn't he be friendly with him?

>German ruins Europe
what a revelation!

So they're friendly, ok.

> How did Prostantism liberalize Christianity?

> Gay marriage
> Sex before marriage
> Divorce
> Marying a Divorcee
> You can go to church by watching television
> Fasting is not important.
> Neither is reading the bible. Just a passage here or there.
> Christian Rap
> Who needs Acts or Faith? Believing is enough. You don't even need to believe, just call yourself a Christian. It's an Identity, not a Religion.

Do you worship The LORD or do you worship the bare minimal effort in this life?

how does it feel to larp as a Egyptian?

The Catholics think they are fine with Orthodox but Catholics feel like they are alright with lots of different types of people that they aren't fine with. The Pope also gave permission Catholics to receive Communion in Orthodox churches which isn't allowed in the Orthodox Church.

I was born and raised Catholic. I love Martin Luther, even if I disagree with some of his beliefs (sola scriptura, for example). I hope that someday I too can fraction the church as badly as he did, because the Catholic church is corrupt and directionless, misleading its flock and insulting the memory of Jesus Christ.

We shouldn't be praying to Mary or any saints, we shouldn't be focusing so much on ceremony, and pope John Paul was too lenient on Jews and Muslims. Our current pope is even worse. We need another reformation.

If you are Orthodox and go to Communion in a Catholic Church you will have to go to confession with your priest before you would be allowed to receive in the Orthodox Church again

>I was raised a Catholic
>I love Martin Luther
>We shouldn't be praying to Mary or any saints

Try harder next time you protestant retard.

The Protestant redpill is just too much to handle for some people.

Mary was just a woman who gave birth to Jesus. Saints are just people who lived really righteous lives. We should learn about them and look up to them, but we should not pray to them. They will not intercede for us. Send your prayers directly to God or go to hell you fucking pagan.

Catholic fascist state when?

>all these people here actually believe all that kike bullshit in the bible

Yes, as we know from universal suffrage, giving the average person a larger part always makes things better. It's not like the Catholic Church has fallen apart since Vatican II. All those progressive changes brought them into the modern world.

Most people overdose on those Protestant "redpills" though...

peter is a fag and catholicism is for spics.

my ancensors warred for 80 years against you fucking spanish cock suckers.

>yfw your empire is dead
tough luck, proto-beaners.

So you're no longer larping as a Catholic then? Gee, that was fast, or are you just too retarded to keep up a facade for more than one post?

Don't you have a favela to be raped in?

We didn't lose it we helped protect it multiple times from invading Catholics who would put Orthodox Christians to death just like Jews and Muslims for their own selfish desires

I said I was born and raised Catholic. Doesn't mean I follow the stupid ass customs of the Catholic church, or any church for that matter. I still go to church every once in a while for the community aspect of it all.

I stand by what I said. Praying to anyone but God (Father, Son, Spirit) is heresy.

in italian

> Story about how Kikes are so evil that God-himself had to make a child just to kick them into shape.
> Implying the original baptisms weren't literally the act of washing the Jew off your soul
> Jews respond by killing God's only son.
> 2000 years of worldwide redpills follow

Yeah, really pro-kike stuff there...

Nah. He was based. The catholic church was almost as big of a joke by the time Luther came around as it is now. If you retards would actually read and follow Luther you'd be much better off.

these fucking faggots must be picking a branch of christianity by throwing darts. Because there's NO WAY they read Jordanes or know the history of the fucking Dutch independence from the Spics if they're still sucking Catholic dick.

Disgraceful! I blame the Cathcuck shill brigade across the Internet. Those kikes are tireless.

a chink thinking paganism is bad

The gears of the Reformation started turning years before Luther. There was popular unrest against recent Catholic policies in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Bohemia and elsewhere. All at the same time, and many of these Protestant movements came to more or less the same conclusions despite not being in communication with each other.

Basically, the Catholic Church is responsible for Protestantism, not Martin Luther. Although he can definitely take credit for the modern written German language because of his bible translation.

>no reformation
>no USA

The reformation built much of the ideas that helped form our constitution. One of our founding fathers literally published his own bible.

Alll the other catholic western nations are shitholes. The USA is Protestant and objectively better that the popes pissy franchise. Over a billion served, and most living in squalor.

read e michael jones

They really need to tend their own garden. The pope is kissing nigger feet and korans and they spend all their time pissing and wailing about a guy who lived 500 years ago and would have had the refugees and BLM killed.

This is the man who advocated throwing beating retarded children and throwing them down a well. When peasants in one part of Germany were trying to do some kind of anarchist-christian fundamentalism he told the nobility to kill them like mad dogs for disturbing public order. And don't forget his take on Jews.

Of the major historical figures Luther would probably be one of the most likely to fit in with Sup Forums and they have no love for him.

Protestantism allows anyone to read the Bible and developing their own interpretation and form their own church because they want to marry faggots and dykes.

>throwing beating
*delete first throwing

I don't normally come here but are so many people on Sup Forums actually Christian? How, and why? Christianity is a kike lie through and through, it's used to divide and control you.

All the things you've stated are frowned upon by protestants. Only the most heretical sects except them

Protestantism opened the doors for anyone to intemperate and teach about Christianity in anyway they please. This is why you have openly gay priests who can marry each other, female priests and bishops, these are all things that you will NEVER see within the catholic church, no matter how cucked the current pope is.

Are protestants orthodox or what? Pls explain to a babby

jesus didn't like the kike ways, the kikes hated him

read the new testament and get back to me

>Christianity is a kike lie

No it's not, it is actually against judaism.

Protestants are not orthodox, in fact they are the antithesis of orthodox christianity.

but I thought you's wanted things the way they were. Before the whole crusadas and catholic thing?

>Be Mormon
>Deny the trinity
>Think there are an infinite amount of Gods in the universe each ruling over a planet
>Think Jesus came to Earth twice, once in the Middle East and once in America but have literally zero archaeological evidence for the second time
>Believe this because Joseph Smith found gold plates with some writing on them that he translated by putting his face into a hat that had two rocks in it which revealed the meaning of the writing on the plates
>Think God lives on a planet somewhere
>Think Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers
>Think you need to learn secret handshakes to get into heaven
>Wear magic underwear
>Pay a 10% tithe to get a temple recommend so you might be worthy of exaltation from God
>Obey a bunch of rules "revelated" to Joseph Smith like abstaining from hot drinks so you might be able to get exalted by God and become your own God and rule over your own planet somewhere
>People still think Mormons are Christian

That's really not a protestant thing. That's a Western civilization after having several decades of warfare because doing that would get you killed. If you look at the reformation era, you'll find that every faction forbade individuals from deviating from their teachings. In fact the heightened sensitivity to doctrine that the conflicts of the reformation brought out actually made things like witch trials and other discipline of nonconformity more frequent. Areas that were uniformly Catholic or uniformly Protestant had few witches burnt, but areas where just over the hill there were people of the opposing group were where you were expected to be a really devout whatever the religion on your side of the hill was or get killed.

No, this man is a hero. He saved Christianity from getting Jewed (see: Indulgences. "Oy vey, your relatives are trapped in purgatory for a few years! Pay me $300 and I'll give you this piece of paper that assures their release from purgatory!")

470 years later we see what we get for not listening

People on here ignore the fact that "Protestant" refers to the Reformation and only truly refers to Lutherans, Reformed, and technically Anabaptist groups (and Anglicans). They then group it in with Revivalist and later Evangelical Christians so that they can pick and choose to criticize "Protestants" as both backwards white trash and wishy-washy Liberals as demanded by the eristic argument of the moment

Yeah this. As it spread throughout europe, the pagans wouldn't have it without keeping their original traditions. This is why we even have Christmas, which is in actuality Yule/winter solstice celebration. A lot of similar celebrations were also reformed and adopted under the banner of catholicism, but their origins are paganistic.

Doesn't that happen every few decades?

I think that he had a fantastic first step--a great initial ambition. But it generally went down hill from there, when now we have about a zillion denominations that all differ in the slightest ways. Denominations that say no music with worship, denominations that that Jesus didn't descend into Hell, denominations that use specific perfumes and such. It's all ridiculous.

That being said, there are tons of different sects of Catholicism and Orthodoxy, you just don't hear of them as much here in America, because pretty much everyone here is Baptist/Presbyterian or such.

I think if he didn't do it, Catholicism wouldn't have remained stagnant. It would have happened eventually.

Your Orthodoxy is just as much a differing branch as any other, by default.

Degenerates exist everywhere, in every place, in some form regardless of their exposure to Christianity. People have always been degenerates and you have always have portions and movements of society to "loosen up". It's just the way of the world, my friend.

Through all this, Christ remains the same. That's all that matters. Politics and the ways of the world mean nothing.

>no music with worship
wut

>robbing people of the pipe organ experience

just don't go to those places...

only catholics and orthodox have vailidty, rest is sects and cults.

and this fucking luther, damn krampus kin again. so many events and they are always there.

burgers and bongistan are prime examples of protestscuck effects.

man let's just start burning it all down, bros...

>Revivalists and Evangelicals
Perhapse some of the absolute worse heretical sects along with Pentecostals

>It'll never happen.

Okay. What reason do you have to be so confident of this? You mustn't be confident about it at all, in fact. Instead you should be worried, and go about seeing that it never does.

Complacency is cucking your church even more than Marxism is, friend.

jews to this day are obsessed by christ and hate him. why? i dont give a fuck, but i saw it.

and real christianity has fuck all to do with islam or judaism.

it is different fucking gods you burger knob.

All who worship kike on a spike should kys

>Blaming Luther for southern Baptists

May as well blame Jesus for westboro baptist

>never read anything Martin Luther wrote

Read his treatises and you will admire the man greatly (if you are a genuine Christian). Those that denigrate Martin Luther usually are ignorant cranks who have no idea what he actually wrote.

Nigger. Sup Forums is more than just a Christian board. For as shit at discussing politics as we are, Sup Forums knows Christ.

Some of the best arguments over interpretations of Christianity has been posted on this board over the years.

Sup Forums is literally /Christ/

I made the point here
It's weak cherry picking. They're criticizing "Protestants" and in particular Luther while ignoring the fact that he both was an avid writer of hymns, and that Lutherans were part of national churches not non-associated congregations.

Well not exactly. The founding fathers were diest. They believed in the moral teachings of Jesus but denied Jesus's divinity. In the Bible Jefferson published he leaves out Jesus's miracles and acts of God. Basically Jews.

So not Protestant at all. Not even Christian really. More like agnostic/universalist at best.

>All these shit heads LARPing as Catlicks
You dumb asses are so easily swayed by bullshit its unbelievable.

>They believed in the moral teachings of Jesus but denied Jesus's divinity.

Is this what they said they believed? I'm not criticizing you, I'm actually curious. I've always hated the "moral teacher" view of Christ. If he isn't divine then he is a liar or crazy

>Well not exactly. The founding fathers were diest
Only a few were. The vast majority of founding fathers were Episcopalians

Religious Affiliation
of U.S. Founding Fathers # of
Founding
Fathers % of
Founding
Fathers
Episcopalian/Anglican 88 54.7%
Presbyterian 30 18.6%
Congregationalist 27 16.8%
Quaker 7 4.3%
Dutch Reformed/German Reformed 6 3.7%
Lutheran 5 3.1%
Catholic 3 1.9%
Huguenot 3 1.9%
Unitarian 3 1.9%
Methodist 2 1.2%
Calvinist 1 0.6%
adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers_Religion.html

Nah, dude just wanted the Priests to stop fucking everyone financially, physically, emotionally and philosophically.

He's alright.

Still couldn't have predicted all the Catholic kid fucking.

You're right. I think just Jefferson and one other was diest. I misspoke.