Decimal system

>Decimal system
>Civilized
It's time to abandon the decimal system.
youtube.com/watch?v=U6xJfP7-HCc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TINfzxSnnIE&t=455s
youtube.com/watch?v=1FPgcg5TBSA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrational_number
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Imperial system is best system.
Metric cucks can't handle this video.

Why are posting low quality /sci/ bait outside of /sci/?

>implying .999999...=/=1

protip: that's a meme

>It's time to abandon the decimal system.
It is time you realize that if you aren't plotting a course for a space station, the decimal system works just fine for normal humans in their every day affairs.

Some fractions do not equate to decimals. This is no secret. Any time you convert from one method of math to another, that there is not enough paper. Your example is shit.

Keep on trying to act intelligent.

Africans had it right. Why even bother moving out of mud huts. All we do is destroy the earth. The only logical solution to global warming is suicide.

it's not

protip: you're a fag-mo sucker butt

oh my god representing a rational numbers with a different rational numbers is such a fucking crime waaaah

.999... DOES equal 1 though

0.9999... = x
9.9999... = 10x
9 = 9x
1 = x
1 = 0.9999...

>(((math)))

this is confusing

i'm lazy but i'm assuming there's an epsilon-delta proof

Someone stopped at/before
algebra 2 in high school.

It's .3333333... The '...' denotes that it goes on forever because there's a point where the decimal is enough that it can become 1 at 3/3.

>A guy who passed Diff Eq and never read about mathematics ever again
I'm surrounded by degenerates.

youtube.com/watch?v=TINfzxSnnIE&t=455s

Didnt the sumerians use base 12 system?

sure, its a nicer numbering system for many reason but how the hell are we supposed to teach children to intuitively count? use ten fingers and two ears?

more explicitly
x = 0.999...
10x = 9.999...
10x = 9 + 0.999...
10x = 9 + x
9x = 9
x = 1

The leafs got it

Amerifats got it too.

What dont you get, Chile?

thanks for the (you)s niggers

How can decimals be real when our "i"s aren't real?

todays date in your base-12 numbering system:

01/15/1101

youtube.com/watch?v=1FPgcg5TBSA

Eternal Anglo strikes again!

Did you even watch the video? The segments of your fingers nig nog. You have four fingers with three segments.

1.00000000... - 0.999999999... = 0.0000000...
Thus 1.00000.... = 0.999999...

What is rounding

It's not optional

2/3 is actually .666666(recurring)7

Yes. Base 12 and 16 are beastly superior to base 10.

Fuck the French and their Jewish math system they forced on the world.

classic aussie shitpost. a breath of fresh air desu

The symbols literally don't matter at all. Base 2 is the same as base 10 is the same as base 12. The numbers and properties don't change. Base ten is nice and easy b/c you have ten fingers.

i hope this is bait

You can't jump from the second to third step

If that's true then every number is equal to every other number

>1 = 1.000(...)1
>1.000(...)1 = 1.000(...)2
>1 = 2
>2 = 3
>1 = 3

>3/3 = 0.9999....
Are you fucking jewing me?

common core failed you child

you failed elementary school math.
learn about limits

11 should be called loyalty and 12 should be called honor.

you tell them shlomo. this is bullshit

What is the difference between 1 and 1.000(...)1?

That is correct.

kys

>not using base 16 hexadecimal
TOP KEK

>at the end of an infinite string of 0's there will be a 1
>at the END OF AN INFINITE
>END OF AN INFINITE
>END OF INFINITE

holy shit man, here's your fucking (you).

Are you stupid. The question is not find me a lug nut. It is make one. How do we; or machines; make lug nuts your way. Ok. Your way. Get me a one-twenty-two-thousand-and-twenty-two-thousandths-and-one? Or. Gimme that god damn ten-millimetre lug nut. Which is better?

So all this time, it wasn't the Jews who destroyed Western civilization, it was the French

Babylonians had it all figured out.

base 12 is retarded, since 12 only has two prime factors, same as 10. If you want two prime factors, your best bet is base 6.

Base tier list (official)
3 > 2 > 6 > 30
all other bases are shit

1 vs 1+dn. Where dn is an infinitesimal.

That'll work fucken real well on keyboards and phones and typewriters. No wonder God scrambled all the languages after this abomination
>babylonians
>not being utterly and completely FUCKED
Chinamen-knockoff

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrational_number

Yeah but can't those numbers be expressed ratio? And therefore are not irrational?

Duodecimal is easier for children.

expressed as a*

I hope this is bait, but, sadly, its probably not.

which base did the ancients count in?

Isn't 2/3 .66666666667 tho?

none because they didn't have a positional number system

Cluttered, but at least it's compact. There are worse numerals.

base 1

Infinity is just a number, dumbass. You would know this if you went to college.

I thought she must be pretty smart so I went to look at her other videos. Turns out she's a SJW. Turns out that you can be smart in one thing and dumb in another.

Decimal expansions aren't unique you dumb fucks.

>1.000(...)1

doesn't exist. you can't have a 1 at the end when the zeroes go on forever

That's only an approximation.

She explains in the video that that is not possible because if 6 is infinite you can never get to 7.

>muh reals

so do you think they did math by intuition then at a deeper level that allowed them to build with such precision? Or did the ayy lmaos build the pyramids?

>American education

Is this bait?

That last digit is a value computers and calculators use so you don't get an infinite loop error.

>Base 12
>Not base 60
Can't even tell time without base 60.

If it's just an approximation, why doesn't 1/3 equal .3333333334 ?

Try typing it into a calculator. See for yourself.

>falling for the math jew

How dare you spread this propaganda

this is true. do you guys even fucking into limits ?

What number system do you want then? If whole numbers exist then irrationals must exist by the pythagorean theorem.

proof: draw a point then draw perpendicular lines segments of length 1. Connect their endpoints. Then this new line segment has length square root of 2. If the square root of 2 were rational then we would be able to find x,y coprime such that (x/y)^2 = 2. Then x^2 = 2y^2 so x^2 (hence x) is even. But then x = 2n for some n, so y^2 = 2n^2, hence y is even, a contradiction.

autist out

0.999... obviously converges to 1

by definition of the reals (cauchy sequences of rationals or dedekind-cuts), all series that converge are the same real number, and "1, 1, 1, 1, 1, ..." and "0.9, 0.99, 0.999, 0.9999, ..."

pic related is another very obvious proof of that, by the geometric series sum formula

The utility of positional notation is big for calculation speed, but not critical for any kind of math.

>If whole numbers exist then irrationals must exist by the pythagorean theorem.
The pythagorean theorem doesn't prove the existence of any numbers.

I don't see the problem here. If you round 0.999 then it is 1.

Read the rest of my post.

Limits don't prove shit in themselves as they don't preclude infinitesimal differences in numbers. You have to define the reals via Cauchy sequences or whatever to show that they, as a field, only have finite, measurable real differences between any two distinct numbers. This doesn't rule out the possibility of other number systems where this isn't the case though.

The new world order will be based on the kekical system

You can prove 0.99999 = 1 with an infinite geometric series. If you don't know what that means you do not have a say in the matter

The rest of your post assumes that you can just take square roots. That step has no justification, and even if it did, it would assume what you are claiming it proves.

>geometric

lol fucking american this is numbers not shapes smdh

actually just kidding, but as someone who literally has a math degree, why DO we call the geometric series the GEOMETRIC series? never thought to investigate that

1/3 =/= 0.(3)

Because LOL, labels in math just have to be ridiculously overloaded just to piss you off.

nevermind I think I get it...

but...

don't all convergent series have some "shape" to them that can be geroooooooooooooooooooo

hm maybe

these geo series do have some nice geo shapes

hmmm makin myself think

>just round it, it's good enough.
No wonder all you pajeets go for cosci degrees.
You curry niggers can't handle real science

>why DO we call the geometric series the GEOMETRIC series?
probably from their original use in determining areas of geometric shapes like parabolas

Not sure what you are getting at. 3/10 and 1/3 are both rational numbers. I never said they were equivalent.

Infiniti is so much more than just a number. You make people who went to college look bad.

>If you round 0.999 then it is 1.
Nothing to round.
0.999... is 1.

Jews invented rounding so they could get more shekels. :^)

Wrong.

>inability ot grasp the facile notion of recurring numbers in a base-10 counting system

Uh, it's almost like you stop counting a fraction of the smallest point before 10. Math is neat!

That image is confusing because the reason the academia is suffering is because of all this affirmative action and 'muh feels' getting in the way of education.