Sicily and Italy - relationships within Italy

I always thought that Italy was a pretty unified nation. But after spending time on the internet, watching movies, browsing Sup Forums i have come to the realization that the people of Italy often segregate some regions as undesirable (often on those love/hate/nuke map threads)

I would really like to hear more on this matter, and specifically about Sicily and its relation to the rest of Italy.
So if anyone would be kind enough to tell me anything the know about this matter, even if it is just a few short words i would gladly appreciate it.
(the main reason i am making this thread and not looking this up on the internet is because i want personal opinions and experiences specifically from the Sup Forums community)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uZUJKXs6W-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone is welcome to share their knowledge, doesn't have to be Italian

Sicilians do not want to ever improve for the simple reason that they believe to be perfect: their vanity is stronger than their misery; any intrusion of strangers by origin or also, whether the Sicilians, for independence of spirit, upsets their ravings of achieved perfection, risks disturbing their smug waiting for nothing; trampled by a dozen different peoples they believe they have an imperial past that entitles them to sumptuous funerals.

Sicilians are good people
t. burger that lives in New Sicily

this, Sicilians are just VERY full of themselves, much like every other continental rat of course, only Sicilians are worse

Also OP, regional banter is just banter

Every regions has his own language, history and "personality".
Italy can be broadly divided in north and south, where the south is more poor and loud with lot's of mafia while the north is more cold and a bit more cucked.
Sicily is the home base of mafia, they are generally darker and more tied to family honor.
Half of the population live by fake government jobs, like most of the south, so they are resented by the north.
Sicily is also famous for the great confectionery, the sunny climate and the "omerta", the tendency of never speak or denounce crimes to authorities. Sicilian are a lot less louder than the rest of the south but still very easy to enrage.

>I always thought that Italy was a pretty unified nation
We're a very divided nation, which isn't surprising considering we spent most of the time as rival city states and were unified only 150 years ago
>I would really like to hear more on this matter, and specifically about Sicily and its relation to the rest of Italy
For a start i'm pretty sure there are more sicilians living outside of Sicily than inside, north america is full of them, northern italy is full of them
The region itself is a shithole, it has like half of the per capita gdp of the northern regions, every year it receives tens of billions of euros from the north and the center because nothing works and everything is corrupted to the core

Is the omerta shit true?
Like how bad is it?

>we spent most of the time as rival city states and were unified only 150 years ago

well, makes sense

What's the best region in Italy?

Mine
t. every italian

mine off course, everyone will say the same.

But the richer one is Lombardia, the one with the city of Milan.

Really bad. Just to make an exemple of what happened here in Campania, Napoli (which is as bad as Sicily): dindu nuffing does a crime, the whole block stops the police while the boy runs away.
Or ambulance gets stopped and patients gets dropped because a mafia boss got shot and needs to go to the hospital.

this is all you need to know

youtube.com/watch?v=uZUJKXs6W-4

Sicilians have Arab genes. Disgusting race of people. Southern Italy the best

literally any but lazio

in some places very bad, like south italy countryside
tuscany because it's were i live and it's populated by funny people

btw i personally hate more Neapolitans

you're swiss what can you know about sicily?

There isn't a "best" region, if you just care about money pick anywhere between Lazio, Lombardy, Veneto and Piedmont.

Find one who doesnt hate them. In many places they even refuse to rent you houses if you are from Napoli.

Italy is the union of a bunch of regions, of course they would be slightly divided.

switzerland is full of albanians and sicilians

i wouldn't live in milan for 1 million euros, half of the population can't speak proper italian, the other half are mudslims and same low tier beings

from where did you get we were a unified nation?
we hate each other to a street level. Sicilians are disliked because they took scam of gibs to an absolutly inhuman level, doing things that would even question them being humans. That of course is just a minority of them, plebs are just assraped failures who are basically africans
depends what you search in life

Swiss italians are extremely racist towards Italians, not realizing they are italians in disguise too.

Veneto

>tfw i'm sardinian
>no cheap boats
>no cheap airplanes
>completely isolated
>get payed to fuck german matures and shitty north italians wimmins during summer
>no milan gf qt

Why the fuck are we italians again?

>depends what you search in life

All the good things: no immigrants, nice weather and beautiful women

Well
>Milan
>GF
>Cutie

Pick one
t. milanese dweller

terronia, but I'm not so sure for the beautiful women part

Could you tell me the name of the movie since the comment section is sperging out

could you elaborate more about Lazio? and why it's the worst?

I do not know much about Sicilians. All I know that my nonno(grandpa) is a very hard working man that when he came to America he worked his ass off and how he sits retired and enjoying life. My nonno loves being an American and hardworking and I see that a lot in other Sicilian immigrants.

sono solo ritardati sti figli della merda

I would not live in Milan too, but it was a foreigner asking. You can't deny that milan was and still is the city who get more immigration from other regions of Italy.

go south then. im from lombardia, there are shekels yeah but it's lame as fuck
to avoid migrants stay away from big cities and from naples (they say they are italian and only few knows that naples has been invaded by defective replicants)
for weather, just avoid the mountain regions and pianura padana
for beautiful women you can more or less go anywhere, hotties are everywhere
they only want superior muslim cock tho

Italy was a Savoy trickery to gain clay.
They didn't even spoke the same language back in the days.

>all these assmad northern cucks

t. Pure blooded Sicilian, direct descendant of Frederick II.

>tfw no sicilian gf

why even live

I used to know a qt from milan, half french too.
Too bad i'm sardinian

Pay me a million euros, I'll go live in Milan and serial kill kebab. Deus vult.

fellow burger

it isn't the worst, maybe we can say that south italy is more poor than the north but places and peoples are beutiful

I don't know, as a kid i just assumed that most nations were pretty unified and that feeling just stayed in me, i have never given it much thought. As i stated above, only when i started browsing Sup Forums i realized the differ.

If you'd ask me right now, i'd say Germany is a unified nation too, France also, but also i have started questioning those assumptions too.

ahah you cant take your gunz pham, you will feel impotent and castrated, turn into a trap and be raped my muslim cock
stay where you are, you dont have what it takes

Yeah, because any italian that has escaped that excuse of a country successfully, can only show his good side.

Seriously, expats italians are, in 90% of the cases very good, hardworking people.

Italians in italy on the other side... let's say that the good get badly influenced by the bad.

if it's for scamming some foreigners we all get together and are brothers, but in time of peace it's national sport to hate everyone

I would use a club, and a garrote.

>
The truth is italian don't like anyone but their family and maybe their close friends.
The rest can die. This is the reason the country is so corrupted

MILAN HERE, FUCK YOU POOR ASS PLEBS

>implying italians even like their family
Only the really close ones, the rest are fucking backstabbers who will milk you dry of your money.
I fucking hate them.

Post some qt's.

France, Spain, Germany, just look at a language map if you want to know if a nation is unified or not.

Corsica is rightfully Sardinian clay.
All frogs belong to us.

we still don't

depends on the families, some do really love each other, but yeah most times relatives either despise you or wanna leech

wtf she's darker than a arab

Wow yeah, this comes as a little shock to me now :|

>wanting corsican mafia

We are probably the only region in Italy without mafia
Let's keep it that way

soon it will be arabic either way.

Having sex with girl like that is the best
She's just tanned, once you remove her bra and panties you will see she is as white as milk
It's the fucking best

Rome, here's why

but in all seriousness it's a great place but we can't let that region have the nuclear codes

STOP COMING TO MILAN FOR JOBS YOU POOR ASS MAFIA CORRUPT FUCKS LEAVE LOMBARDIA ALONE STAY IN THE SOUTH WHERE YOU BELONG.

mafia doesnt exist anyway

why do you even try, it's clear they cant and wont understand

Mafia in Corsica is just a meme to kill horrible frenchies

Mafiosi were active until late 09 here.

they always follow the money

Fourth Servile War when?

This,
Not gonna lie, former Raggi supporter here. This is fucking hilarious watching her crash and burn. In all seriousness we can't let her manage the life insurance contracts.

wow, sounds exactly like those inbred Sevillanos here in Spain.

you fucking grillonigger should just kys

>We wuz Moors n shieet

So her skin ages twice as fast because of all the tanning.
disgusting and stupid af tbqh

Isn't there a saying in Palermo or something where women are dangerous, where men will do anything

Just a meme bro.

>Not recognizing cancerous Trump pasta
>Not understanding irony

Kys you too.

How would the people of Italy respond if war broke out (Italy being invaded and being alone without the help of external forces)? I'm just asking for a guess based on your experience and knowledge of the general mentality and ethos in Italy

comparing sicilian girl=/=over tanned ugly bitch

Africa starts at rome sicilian niggers get out

>be a retard

ahah i was just joking pham, g-got you

Man, it's really a modified Trump pasta

if her natural skin tone is milk white like that spaghetti claims then she is absolutely over tanning, dumb burger

nah they're ethnically swiss, they just speak italian for some reason

At their last meeting in August 1934, the dying Field Marshal Hindenburg had whispered, ‘Now, Herr Hitler, don’t trust the Italians!’ Hitler had reported this warning to his Cabinet, and added that if ever he had to choose between Britain and Italy, Hindenburg’s words would form the basis of his choice.

DO NOT TRUST ITALIANS

>ethnically swiss

Is that a meme?

>im not italian but i enjoy visiting italy for vacation
last year was having lunch in milan, and my italian friend sneered and pointed to another group of italians sitting not far from us and said "fucking neapolitans"

The long story short is the Lombard Italians in the North, dont like the Greco/Arabian italians of the south

Tuscany is objectively the best. It produced the most culture, art and important figures out of any region. It's the essence of the country, which leads me to question why Italians are associate wit shitty southern culture abroad since it doesn't really represent them.

Where is new Sicily?

So you went there once on vacation and had "the best gelato ever" and now you think you can speak for the whole country... Fucking leafs

For me, I will fight.
But probably half of the male populations will run to hide into the mountains.
I love my country, but I don't thrust my people.

its also a very scenic region, hills for days

jew york and jew jersey

saved

If Italian regions were so different in the past, what was the basis for the unification?

I wish America annexed us after the war
we would have been the texans of Europe, truly unstoppable

he is right, girls that tann like that look like shit after 25

ITT: non-Italians

Naples has the best pizza in the world.
You cannot judge Italian pizza without having tasted pizza in Naples.

Tuscany sucks. It's beautiful for a visit but I wouldn't live there again. Lots of closed mentalities and campanilismo.

t. lived there

If you think all that historic shit is relevant for anything in the modern world except pretty buildings and stuff to see in museums you're a deluded idiot.