No SpaceX launch thread?

No SpaceX launch thread?

Technical webcast

youtube.com/watch?v=v8U2KXZzvtA

Hosted webcast

youtube.com/watch?v=V5bG37hzwqk

>SpaceX is targeting a late morning launch of its tenth Commercial Resupply Services mission (CRS-10) from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The instantaneous launch window is on Saturday, February 18 at 10:01 a.m. EST, with a backup launch opportunity at 9:38 a.m. EST on Sunday, February 19. Dragon will separate from Falcon 9’s second stage about 10 minutes after liftoff and attach to the station roughly two days later.

The CRS-10 mission will be SpaceX’s first launch from historic LC-39A at Kennedy Space Center. Following stage separation, the first stage of Falcon 9 will attempt to land at SpaceX’s Landing Zone 1 (LZ-1) at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida.

Broadcasting will begin in 1 hour

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYYRH4apXDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should be pretty neat daytime RTLS footage!

Should b gud.

Florida user here.

>tfw I can watch the launch in person from my house.

I hope the fucking thing blows up desu.

I hope it succeeds. If it does crash hopefully it will land right on your fucking head.

good luck to the mice onboard as well

thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=iYYRH4apXDo

bemp

if digits its explode on launch

Space
>
>
>
>
>
The Final Frontier

tickets when?

this blonde is my new waifu :3

great timing, I just woke up and got my coffee
feels good to be American

stream is up

>at work during Tropical Storm
>suddenly, there's all kinds of rumbling
>wtf, why would they launch a rocket in a Tropical Storm?
>see the news
>it blew up on the launch pad

Let's see if they fuck shit up again.

What is that smoke coming out of the rocket?

it's just a dumb rocket not doing anything when are things going to go boom boom?

liquid oxygen, the falcon 1 first stage isn't cryogenically cooled so the oxygen warms up, turns into gas, expands and has to be released then topped up with more fuel

The rocket will probably explode

Imagine how excited they must've been ever since they heard they'd be going to space.

did some guy just REEEEEE in the command center?

Elon Musk is based, right? I keep forgetting. Isn't he on great terms with Trump and while he believe in global warming, at least he's trying to invent ways to actually improve the environment instead of le tax le dirty industry and power plants?

Are we going to get a live landing today? That last one was pretty awesome.

So is this another of those launch, fly somewhere, land missions with their multiple-use rockets?

that's the LOX outflow system

yes, if the last launch was any indication you should get a (choppy) livestream all the way down, this rocket is landing about 10 km south of the launch pad

yes

Ty. Nice digits.

Who else /gas in ass/ here?

Why go to space? We have many problems on earth waiting to be solved. Seems like a waste of money if you ask me.

He's basically a pragmatic opportunist. Instead of going REEEEE TRUMP REEEEE like all the retarded dumbfuck liberals, he went "Okay, this guy's in charge now, so how can I help ensure my companies don't get destroyed or left behind by any changes he makes?" And he set out to help influence Trump's economic and political policies.

Basically doing the exact opposite of acting like a liberal retard.

Now he gets shit on by liberals for working on and influencing Trump's policies.

>yes
Cool, hope they do well.

If digits explosion on take off.

What is that scary noise user

im going to rip a bong when the countdown reaches 1 and exhale when the rocket is in space.

The majority of their launches are going to be doing that now - that's the whole point of developing re-usable rockets.

95% of the cost of the rocket is in the rocket motors. Each one of those is some serious high-precision technological bullshit. The rest of the rocket is relatively simple by comparison.

Yeah like why aren't we spending that money on refugees??

Elon Musk is the most based white man in the world, probably even more based than Trump

>South African (probably hates nigs)
>Naturalized citizen who loves the US
>Makes the best cars in the world
>Makes the best spaceships in the world
>Every car/spaceship is built in the US by American engineers
>Supports Trump even though he lives in the Bay Area
>Best friends with /ourguy/ Peter Thiel
>Wants to fix the environment but not a sjw
>Has 5 masterrace white kids
>Thinks whitegenocide is happening

How more based can you get if you're a public figure?

Digits for 1 step closer to mars.

more like, if digits, man on mars in the next decade

the number is something like 50% of the cost for the first stage, fuel is something tiny like 300-400k

AWOOOOO IT OUT

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH ITS GONNA BLOW UP

>it's actually an ICBM nuke targeting Finland

is the cargo vaping?

I just kinda like how he might actually be moving us to the future. Instead of sending a useless space shuttle back and forth for thirty years, he's designing actual advancements in rocket technology. He's also making electric cars that aren't ugly, paving the way for solar cars too. Now he just needs to get them cheaper, but perhaps in time. We might actually see a clean energy in our future, and not just a bunch of taxes on polluting energy that does nothing but make our bill higher.

I welcome clean energy and clean environments regardless of whether global warming actually exists or not. All typical environmentalists want is to get as much money as possible. I've experienced it first hand.

t. minus 30 seconds

Fuck off, nobody cares about spacex.

OH FUCKING HELL COME ON

>HOLDHOLDHOLD

>aborted

MOTHERFUCKER

ABORT!

WHAT IS HAPPENING

>HOLD

fucking cucklords

see you guys tomorrow

instantaneous launch window, might as well pack it up until tomorrow

IT CAN'T LAUNCH TODAY, THEY ONLY HAD ONE CHANCE
FUCK

Welp see ya next time

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

who is this cuck

>the city of SpaceX

:( it was aborted

LOOOL

Congratulations, it's an abortion

>ABORT ABORT ABORT

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Every time I tune into these SpaceX streams the launch fails.
Wtf

there was a concern with the thrust vector control on the 2nd stage

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ITS.FUCKING 4AM

apollo 13 2: electric poo in loo

>TVC error

JUST

ABORT
>MMMMMMM FUCK

SUCCESSFUL ABORTION CONFIRMED

STAHP. DOIN. IT.

>American space flight

More like American poop fight :Dddd

NOOOOOO

THEIR BODY THEIR CHOICE

Musk is like fucking midas for pushing technological boundaries.

I really fucking wish we had more billionaires like him. He's DOING shit with his money, not just playing stupid investment/banking rackets to make his big number into the bigger number like the rest of the idiot billionaires do.

Stop watching faggot!

He's pretty much milking your country by getting those sweet tax dollars for his every project. I hate people like him in my country.

ebin xDDD

Welp. This was the only time I get to see it.

>National governments shouldn't be investing in science and technology

Quite honestly, why do dumbfucks like you always shit on musk, but never do I hear a fucking peep about the tens of thousands of other companies getting tax dollars?

It's only ever musk this, musk that. Almost like you're paid shills or gullible retards who listen to paid shills.

the mice on the dragon are going to die
press f to pay respects

Keep up the good work, mate.

>picture
It's like someone turning into a psychopath because he sees a crowd from a tall building and realizes humans are really as insignificant as ants.

This

>It's okay for him to milk the system because other people do it
O-okay.

Fake and gay

Are you special needs or something?
SpaceX has a contract with NASA for these launches, why don't you bitch about ULA's contracts? especially with their monopoly over military launch contracts

He's in this shit to change the world, not because of the money. If he wanted money he'd have stuck with Paypal and other dotcom shit, not money losers like Tesla, SolarCity, and SpaceX. He's doing what so many nerds dream of as kids- building a better future through technology. I don't give a fuck if it's government funded- what private citizen is going to pay for space travel before there are viable reasons for civilians to be going into space? This is the very reason that basically every major colonial expedition back in the day was government backed- no private company is going to risk their fortune sending people into the unknown. And look, it paid off, because if we hadn't invested in colonialism, the Chinks eventually would have and the Americas would belong to a bunch of slanty-eyed fucks right now.

We need to do this so that the gooks don't own space you fucking retard.

>It's okay for him to milk the system because other people do it
O-okay.

As I thought, just another anti-Musk shill

>PR tricks 101
>Starting with: Hype something then intentionally postpone it for later to hype it some more

What exactly is the 'system' for then?

I think they're just really antsy about this launch going smoothly.

His every big project after paypal is publicly funded, spacex is just one of them. He learned that the easiest way is to milk the govcow.
Don't get me wrong, it's still better that he's getting the money, instead of politicians. In Europe (probably the same over there), they all bought into the renewable shenanigans just months prior to voting for subsidies. What a coincidence!
I don't know why you're having such a hard time identifying an arguments that's spelled out for you twice, potato.
Not wasting money, preferably.

Look Serbtard, stick to removing kebab and other things you're good at. We'll be over here launching people into fucking space and doing other things that are over your head and you are incapable of seeing the value in.

The space shuttle was an amazing technical advance. Maybe a little too big of an advance.

It should have been canned soon after discovering it would and could never be cost effective, one of its original design goals.

It became a congressional pork project and the
US govt. throwing good money after bad.