/odg/ Oroville Dam General - Comfy Edition

>What happened so far
- Main spillway got damaged - because of no maintaining - because Cali thought that they will never have that much water again - because of Muh Climate Change. And they needed the money for illegals.
- They closed the main spillway to inspect the damage
- Because of the closed main spillway, water went over the emergency spillway
- Emergency spillway was in even worse condition and it got BTFO pretty bad
- They opened the main spillway again, so that water doesn't go over the emergency spillway any longer
- Main spillway gets slowly BTFO and half of it is gone. But it is stable at the moment.
- They try to "repair" the emergency spillway because if rain hits hard, water will go over it again (even if they keep the main spillway open) and would rek the dam

> Be careful! There is plenty of old footage marked als livestream!

> Hourly Waterlevel
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?ORO
>Scanner
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/24979
> Bubbles near emergency spillway!
youtu.be/EqEU2X6yBPk?t=31s
> Pictures
pixel-ca-dwr.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000OxvlgXg3yfg/G00003YCcmDTx48Y/Oroville-Spillway-Damage
> Webcam from the wrong side
parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411
> NoFly-Zone
tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_7_3920.html
> RainRadar
accuweather.com/en/us/oroville-ca/95965/weather-radar/331994
> Reservoir Condition
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
> Wind Map
windytv.com/?39.535,-121.469,12,anCziIF
> Latest Seismograph
earthquake.usgs.gov/monitoring/helicorders/nca/112/latest/
>2013 Damage
sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/02/10/maintenance-records-show-oroville-dam-spillway-previously-patched/
>LA webcam
swellmagnet.com/surf-cams/malibu-surf-cam-and-report/
>Data Sheets
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/137PgSYQtNfLWfEIOTImzeGKgTzVY_awWfzv1pSyZmxE/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yyw0xeOwVd0
youtu.be/X-zCI9woGCg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_effect
youtube.com/watch?v=b9UO9tn4MpI
daad.wb.tu-harburg.de/fileadmin/BackUsersResources/Hydrology/8-HydrologicalModeling/additional_info/Thiessen_polygon_Method.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=5LNHYz89sNc
hec.usace.army.mil/software/hec-hms/
youtube.com/watch?v=bWEWVw7TGk4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oops, made another thread

second for total cali annihilation

Third for burning coons

No Problem,
lets stay here and use the other thread later.

Colgate > Aquafresh, it seems

Heavy rains still expected?

what's the backstory here??

pls respond

We need rain now!

Can you super impose rainfall into this?

I heard a storm was coming for California, will it mess up the dam?

don't steal copper wiring from a high voltage transformer that is plugged in

>and would rek the dam

I keep seeing this. If the dam failed, it would be infinitely worse than what they are preparing for. The only danger is a relatively tiny wall (a small dam, if you will) over to the side of the dam.

If they have to use the emergency spillway, that tiny wall could fail and release a lot of water, but only a tiny percentage of the lake that the dam creates.

If that wall fails and the emergency spillway fails a lot of water will run down the slope on that side of the dam, and the danger will be over except for people in the path of that water. the actual dam will still contain the vast majority of the lake.

Try to understand what a spillway is. It's for dams that are not designed for excess water to flow over the dam. All we are seeing here is God making a better spillway than California did.

tldr, the actual dam is in no danger.

And plz, 36-cumulation too pls

Yes, at max the top 30 ft of the lake will go if the emergency spillway wall gets eroded away. That is still a shit ton of water.

wow. how the fuck is he still conscious.

Thread Theme

youtube.com/watch?v=yyw0xeOwVd0

Also anyone got any rain forecast gif/webm

Also any news about SoCal flooding? I heard it rained in Death Valley and huge patches of desert

hey Eisenstein
youtu.be/X-zCI9woGCg
if that shit "fails" it's going to fail all the way down to the bottom of the lake.
It will be functionally the same as the dam blowing out

>That is still a shit ton of water.

yes it is. but look at the height of that dam and imagine the biblical disaster if it failed.

I read that it's the tallest dam in america, or north america, which is odd that we all are familiar with Hoover dam and maybe the Grand Coulee dam, but who ever heard of this one before last week.

>it's going to fail all the way down to the bottom of the lake.

that's not what the engineers are saying, but whatever.

yor video is slope of sand, they used rock for damb.

Not easily. 800~900ft or 3000000~3500000 AF doesn't fit nicely on either the left or the right axis, and I can't add a 3rd axis on gsheets.

please tell me what will cause the massive blast of water and erosion to stop once the reservoir level is lowered by 30 feet ESPECIALLY as the new "spillway" made of a hole in the mud will be below the level of the main spillway making the main spillway inoperable and ensuring that the total water drain volume of the dam in the coming torrential storms is focused through the muddy hole next to the dam?

It is odd. The pictures do not even come close to doing the dam and spillway hill justice in their actual size.

Also here, have the most up-to-date 36h rainfall.

Seems like it's some high frequency stuff, because he is roasting from the outside and not dead yet. Propably some old broadcasting tower.
It's called skin effect.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_effect

If it would just be just high voltage, he would get BTFO instantly.
With low voltage, he wouldn't get roasted that much.

this dam is made out of dirt and not "rock"

what kind of "rock" have they built this dam out of?

Should be an answer to

>skin effect
well at least he won't have to worry about that anymore

You are assuming that the spillway hill, is not natural. It was there already. There is bedrock. What would need to happen is erosion underneath towards the bottom of the lake from the E-Spillway to form an underground river. That is the only way the main Dam fails. VERY VERY VERY unlikely.

im about the hill. Its with large layers and pies of rock

>It's called skin effect.

lord god I hope you are joking. skin effect refers to conductors that are intended to carry electrical current, not some boneheads body getting roasted.

water vapor this morning utc

what is the bedrock depth of that small hill and what type of bedrock is it, how resistant is it to extremely high pressure high volume water flow scouring a rut into it?

it's similar to the depth of your autism: virtually unmeasurable.

Kek. Checking in from oroville and the only ones talking about the dam still is /pol

You vape bruh?

I linked to the wikipedia article.

Skin effect applies to a human too, if there is some current flowing through him.
Actually there are even some medical devices using this.

He probably touched the supply of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=b9UO9tn4MpI
Good old high power AM radio station.

Well with the amount of digits we clocked in praying for it to collapse it's no wonder.

Right, sentenced shoulfn't speak bot approaching death.
Better to forget and let happening be surprise

>from oroville
good
go out and get some fresh images of the spillway

so what's the latest happening?

graph user, I was looking at rain gauges earlier also. The length of record and number of stations is surprisingly good. Anyway, I was trying to work out how to compute the average precipitation over the watershed, and I resorted to using Thiessen polygons

See > daad.wb.tu-harburg.de/fileadmin/BackUsersResources/Hydrology/8-HydrologicalModeling/additional_info/Thiessen_polygon_Method.pdf

It's not ideal, but neither is a lot of hydrology.

The four stations I used to construct this were Mineral, Antelope Lake, Oroville Dam, and Sierraville. I plan on taking a weighted average of the precip. readings based land area.

sick burn, brother.

>appeal to autism
kek, better start measuring out the cubits now
don't bring Shem along this time please

Er, are u shuer theres no military cordons round up the stream of feather up to dam?

At this point the rain is not going to be enough to overwhelm the outflow, but the question remains as to how long they can keep using the busted as fuck spillway.

I'm in western Nevada. They're saying 2" of rainfall on Monday. That's after the Sierra Nevadas force the storms to drop the precipitation on California. Gonna stay home Monday and get comfy for the happening.

>Russia
>knowing the current disposition of US military assets down to specific deployment positions
damn you donaaaaaaaaaaaaaald

The dam will fail.

youtube.com/watch?v=5LNHYz89sNc

please wash away commiefornia's sins aqua-sama

ok, 10/10 satiricks

Let it be police or state guards.

>open new tab
>google
>learn

When will that storm hit? Imagine watching this live on TV

>but the question remains as to how long they can keep using the busted as fuck spillway.

I wonder if they are debating trusting it long enough to properly prepare the emergency slope with concrete or whatever, so they can then use it and fix the main spillway.

someone posted a pic supposedly from years ago showing the main spillway empty with a bunch of pickup trucks parked next to some relatively minor damage where the recent major damage occurred. I wonder if they fixed it inadequately at the time, or just said fuck it, we need to spend our budget money on illegals and trannies.

I get it to 1 inch rain in 24 hours, isch. Correct?

This storm was the first phase and did its job, it keep the lake level above 850ft. The second storm is brewing up to dump a lot more rain on the catchment area. Then, if you look at the radar over the pacific, there is two more storm systems lined up. This is a long term happening.

Excuse me.

What about Great Storm With heaviest shower over all the Cal for 10 or even 30 past [s]weeks[/s] years? that took power about 12 hours ago? where it is?

HERE COMES THE BIG ONE BOYS

NOTICE ITS PHALLIC SHAPE AS TO SIGNIFY KEK COMING TO BUTT FUCK CALIFORNIA

12 hours ago u told the same.

This, its like a siege. Not everyone has patience for it.

>implying I'm using a tabbed browser
The browser tab is the literal hook-nose of the digital Jew, designed to provide a permanent distraction and fragmented train of thought to lead the goyim into autoflagellatofellation of the mind

Those engineers must feel how I do in school when I barely complete something in time, but at the price of working on another assignment and having to pull another all-nighter.

Yeah, I'm just using the mean precipitation increase at all 7 stations. What you're suggesting sounds quite a bit more accurate.

>this
>phallic shape
perhaps you should consult a reconstructive urologist

Hm. Tell me more.

It's slowly moving this way growing out in the North Pacific

> Nihhon-bansai
> Concernred about Jews

Sorry, are there raelly any jews in your greatly adorable country?

Is raining there at last? How long I have to wait?

It looks like a frog-man riding an ibex

The media blackout is the tell all. Foxnews got there yesterday but the video shot didn't give us shit, except finding out about the new erosion river on the E-Spillway side.

lol, real poland-dude.

You, polaks shouldnt more wait too long. You will have the 5th happening soon .

"Na dzerevieh zmiesto listiev."

The hatred of the jew is global.

Alaska makes it look like a smiling frog

Yes, they're all on some little islands at the northern tip

Voltage doesn't kill. Amps kill.

Can you fix the OP?

>What happened so far
- Nothing

PRAISE KEK

It's already dissipating, also it seems to be heading north toward Washington and Canada.

They patched it, but the speculation I saw on metabunk is that there is cavitation and voids underneath so the surface was rather irrelevant in the long run. That's why dentists drill into your teeth and fill, not plaster some composite on the outside of your teeth and call it a day.

DANCE WATER DANCE

>It's slowly moving this way growing out in the North Pacific

But what bot the prev. one, tthat was promising to give us 5-day-slong-shower 12 hours ago&

Why it could do nothing but light ultra-weak rain?

Why me believe this time it will be more good?

>pol in charge of meteorology

It will strengthen as it contacts the subtropical jet stream

>The river valves, however, were built to handle 5,400 cubic feet of water per second, state records show. But restoring them has been a slow-moving project since the 2009 accident, which occurred when dam workers were directed to open the lines to full capacity. The pressure within caused a wall to collapse, injuring five people, one who spent four days in a hospital.
>An investigation by the state Division of Occupational Safety and Health found the valves were operating without a key piece of equipment, and the Department of Water Resources was fined for poor safety practices.
>The valves have not been regularly used since, according to state officials. While their capacity is limited, some have suggested that operating the outlet well before the reservoir peaked last weekend could have helped lower water levels enough so that the backup spillway wouldn’t have been needed.
>“I don’t know why they didn’t use it, but had it been available maybe it could have made some difference,” Reis said.

Did we have /insidemen/ all along? It's like they wanted this dam to fail. Also the fallout from this is clearly going to be awful for anyone who works there. The "it's just an engineering problem, those dumb dam designers" or "just a fluke of nature" memes don't cut it when you have stuff like this.

Sunday and Morning was when the dam workers were afraid of, because that's when the most rain will dump on Feather River catchment.

Er, Monday.

Does graph-user know about hec-hms? It's free software from the army corps for hydrologic modeling.

hec.usace.army.mil/software/hec-hms/

Your existence is a happening.

Dear Mr Britflag!

Couldnt u make all 3 corellations together in different colors of curve? or ar least at 3 sheets different?

24-hrs
36-hrs
48-hrs

And that 24-h one to EXCLUDE 2 last hours and mwultiple 3 pre-last hours (before that 2 last hours) with coefficient of 0.5?

Thanx

Sincerely yours.

- .15 ft drop in lake elevation.

Sup Forums was wrong!!! Sup Forums was wrong!!!

>13.5 V

>So hearts sank among some residents Friday when the National Weather Service issued a revised forecast warning that the largest storm in that atmospheric river could drop as much as 12 inches of warm rain between Sunday and Tuesday in the area surrounding the site where crews have been dumping 120,000 tons of boulders and cement per hour onto deep fissures gouged into the unpaved earthen emergency spillway of the nation’s tallest dam.
Poor guys, they still think the will of Kek can be stopped

wouldn't it be more than just 30feet?
youtube.com/watch?v=bWEWVw7TGk4

it should wash away more rocks and dirt

>As rain fell hard Friday in Oroville, Dorman Lard, an independent contractor, sat by himself in a coffee shop early Friday morning
>Dorman Lard
>sat by himself

Where are the 5 inch rains I was promised?

>13.5
EAT A FUCKING DICK I KNEW MY MAN MAN BATTERY COULD DO IT

i'll make sure to remember that.

Btw, 2 other corellations also should get this correction. It'll improve corellation.

What is the significance of this?