/sojg/ - State of Jefferson General: Our currency is the two dollar bill edition

This General is dedicated to the State of Jefferson movement to secede from California to create its own state. Northern Cali has a large republican population that has been repressed and silenced by the large majority of Democrats in the cities.

BACKSTORY:
youtube.com/watch?v=LdUIyhD0we0

This movement has existed since before ww2 but because of the war went dormant.

MAIN WEBSITE:
soj51.net/

RECENT NEWS/VIDEOS:
youtube.com/watch?v=8tYL2aUemUM
breitbart.com/california/2016/11/19/trump-won-state-jefferson/
modbee.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/jeff-jardine/article130705049.html
uniondemocrat.com/localnews/5035619-151/state-of-jefferson-calexit-movements-gain-momentum
mymotherlode.com/news/local/281389/state-of-jefferson-fundraising-dinner-next-month.html

This General will hopefully get Californians in Northern Cali to join the movement to free republicans from a heavy blue state.

Official /sojg/ Discord:
discord.gg/swp3YFF

How do you like your new monument expansion?

Sacramento here... What can I do to help?

Sonoma County here. I'll move north if Jefferson happens

Welcome everyone

Friendly user bump

Sorry guys

Maybe they can break free before the purge

We can. We shall.

Getting an early start today!

Yeet

We need to help the people organizing this. They're all old farmers who have no experience in politics and have no idea how to reach the younger generations.

Thanks, bud.. but seriously. The closest meetings are in Lincoln, or Loomis.. I can't remember. But what can I do here?

Soj51.net is where you can view many of the meeting spots upcoming. Perhaps spread posters, and flags. Get the patriotism blood flowing.

post state of jefferson memes

Question for the Socal fags and the Washington fags. Would you move to Jefferson if we became the 51st state?

I live in the Bay, and Jefferson. Two houses. Would definitely commit to Jefferson.

I'm a Bay Area refugee. Moving was one of the best decisions I've made in my life so far...

yes, fuck SoCal laws

SoCal is cancerous.

bump for my fellow rural Cascadian

Only been to SoCal a few times, so I can't say I completely familiar with the culture etc... but how many like minded people are there? Out of 100 folks how many do you think would move to Jefferson?

Is the Jefferson statehood larp actually viable or is it like the Cascadia memeing?

Bumping.
I get the whole "we're full" mantra, I really do. But I can see Jefferson's statehood meaning many liberals who do live there would move out, and the vacuum and novelty of it would draw conservatives from all around into it, thus making it even more of a conservative paradise than it would be otherwise. Truly beautiful.

t. Midwesterner who wishes he could be a Jeffersonian

This has been a viable movement since the 1940's, however WW2 kind of killed the movement.

A revival movement is now in the works.

That's encouraging. Mostly whites? Or what?
More viable than Cascadia. But we're borrowing some themes here for Sup Forums threads.
You could be fampai. Just make the move! We get lots of midwestern NFL games btw...

I mean, does it have actuall support from an actual majority. How do you even make a state? Is there even a prosedure for that (considering that the only precedent, WV's split from Virginia came under force majeure circumstances in 1861)?

Central Coast-user here. Went up to Grants Pass, Jefferson and tears came to my eyes seeing a city of only white people. I'm surrounded by a sea of wetbacks that leech gibs. I've been ticketed for firearms violations that were absolutely retarded. I hope to seek asylum in Jefferson one day...

There's no standard procedure really, the best way would be just to have mass demonstrations and leech from the state (collect the gibsmedats and avoid taxation) until they free us.

if you do become a state you need to get a better flag. flags with writing/seals on them look terrible

It's a state flag not a national flag, most of them look something like this. We're not trying to look grandiose.

Add SLO county

i get that but a better flag may attract more people to it.

If you're wondering what the double peaked mountain represents, it's Mt. Shasta.

Didn't even know there was a SoJ thread on pol. Neat.
So, is it probable that we can add the gross negligence/mismanagement of the Oroville dam spillway problem to the list of grievances that is supposedly going into a lawsuit against the State of California government at some point? The people here have multiple legitimate complaints against the State government for screwing them over but this is a quite blatant mishandling of an issue that could have been fixed a while ago, now becoming a possible disaster.

The flag is OK but I've thought it could look different more than a few times. Any suggestions?

SLO is NOT SoCal DELETE THIS

Don't put words or detailed pictures on a flag.

A good flag is going to be essential to a good marketing campaign if you seriously want this.

You'll also need to make clear info graphics about where the borders will be drawn, what would be the economic benefit, how you would handle electoral college votes, etc.

Keep it clean and simple and positive. Freedom and hope will win people over.

Maybe have a flag design thread on pol. There are actually some talented people
On here.

i like the colours but i think that writing on a flag can look terrible, a flag is supposed to be flown and if it is moving in the wind it can distort the text. i liked this one

I think the flag is fine, it's very American and pefectly encapsulates what I see as the spirit of the State of Jefferon.

It has a strong minority of supporters. I'd reckon to say the further you get from Sacramento, the more support it has, and the less population density. So it's not as organized...

It would've been established if it weren't for WW2. We were reaching critical mass in the 20's and 30's. Further, by percentage, we had some of the highest male participation of any American cities in WW2 (Roseville), so our literally manpower was diverted.

Here's a good start to understanding the process:
blog constitutioncenter org/2012/08/how-to-make-a-state-three-ways-to-redraw-the-u-s-a/

I cry everytime, its beautiful. Cent.Coast user, you need to come home. Jefferson is waiting.

I'm hoping to make the move out west at least in the next few years if not sooner. If the likelihood of Jefferson actually breaking off becomes more of a reality then it'll definitely be inevitable for me. The only thing really slowing me down is the possibility of it staying as part of Commiefornia indefinitely and having to deal with their shitty laws.

>"with the approval of the state legislature and of Congress"
Confirmed not gonna make it, bruh. Spicfornia's not going to let you go.

>blog constitutioncenter org/2012/08/how-to-make-a-state-three-ways-to-redraw-the-u-s-a/

It's kind of different with succession movements. West Virginia did it.

Make the move, we are going to win, one way or another.
Given the unique nature of our time, I wager we will be able to enter into a special Constitutional Congress where we will be able to bypass the CA legislature. That being said. The Zeitgeist of American politics is turning conservative, and if Kommiefornia insists to chimp-out and play identity politics, the Centrist-normies that vote democrap and RINO will start turn toward our movement.

There are lawyers that know more about this than I do. I think there's a county-wide version of a CA Constitutional Congress that might be able to force a special vote amongst the counties. Further CA is an initiative state, so putting ourselves on the Ballot is the other alternative.

In truth, this movement is in for the long-haul.

The only way it's going to work is if Californians help and band behind this. We all need to do our part to ensure this happens.

>It would've been established if it weren't for WW2.
Jewed again?

Also the federal power can override the state power.

I thought jefferson included south Oregon too

It *did* in the original 1930s/40s movement. They arent really a part of the revival movement.

Not sure (((they))) care. Not sure I believe in that conspiracy either.
It does.

Also, for the flag bros... This is from one of the buttons on the SoJ 51 website. Going to recreate it.

Forgot the image.

Flag makers are welcome.

cant you bring them back?

It all depends on if the movement begins to actually start swinging into full gear, and southern Oregon wants to actually join us.

I'd get rid of the mountain and just have two Xs on a yellow background. Representing complex shapes on a flag always looks a little tacky and really limits how small you can make it and still have it look good.

Shasta is a staple of Jefferson, though I see your point.

I think using the image of Thomas Jefferson is kind of tacky for a flag but I really like the background design since it still incorporates the XX in a creative way. Would be cool to see something roughly based on that. I'd do it myself but I'm not great with art.

what is the significance of the XX?

You can use the mountain on the seal or license plates. Simpler flags are generally more iconic. Two good examples are Colorado's and Amsterdam's flags which are slapped all over clothing for tourist because they're simple and attractive designs.

I didn't really mean on purpose, just a side effect of the war. I doubt they really care about us much right now.
The ski park owners put up another flag pole with the Jefferson flag this year, pretty cool.

Being 'double crossed' by the two state capitals of California and Oregon.

Made a template for the flag:

But I tell you what. WW2 becomes puke worthy once you take a few red pills. Buchanan's Churchill, Hitler, and "The Unnecessary War" slayed me.

I'm currently redoing it...

Eh, it's a bit spaced out. perhaps the x's should be placed closer towards the middle.

I was born in Jefferson's Oregon area, but moved away. If we got a conservative West Coast state I would totally move back.

>ultra-liberal nig detected
Exclude yourself.

Where did you move to and how do you like it?

Thats better

GFYS

I like this, this one is very nice, the circle looks a little off centered to the left though.

Its actually centered

>SLO

What area does this refer to, Luis Obispo?

Here's the recreation so far...

Yes.

>not saving my flag

Yep

I have saved that flag actually

>Counties with Declarations

What does that mean exactly?

oops

This is acceptable. That other thing looked like a bad joke: a yellow ball with two offset x's? Where's the crooked grin?

Here

I kinda liked the remaining gold lines... could represent gold veins in the mountains...

Declarations of intent to form the State of Jefferson. Afaik. It's something along those lines.

Looks good. I know the historic flag of Jefferson probably means a lot to many people but it's just not a great design for a flag. Could still be used for other things. Something like this is a lot more respectable and iconic.

SOJ sounds like a comfy place.

Comfier and comfier everyday mate.

Maybe some form of abstraction? You see the Fleur-de-lys on flags from time to time, and that seems to work fine, so that's a certain benchmark of image complexity to work with.

It might be the unbalanced nature of the circle that makes it look off-center.

Local governments that have expressed a desire to revolt against SoCal colonial rule.

But in all seriousness, that sort of incendiary rhetoric can be quite powerful if used properly. People tend to identify most with the things they see as under threat, so if people start getting the idea that LA is stealing their water and taxing them at 10% on top of the Federal rate to pay for their own circlejerk train while neglecting their own infrastructure...

Yo we need to annex the Eastern Sierra

Much better. Shasta is almost always grey and white irl...

If Jefferson secedes they won't be Cali.