How come only 15% of women are ceos and a little under 20% of women have a stem degree?

How come only 15% of women are ceos and a little under 20% of women have a stem degree?
Don't you think there is some sort of discrimination pushing women out of such high income jobs like these? If not, do you think it is a problem that there are not more women in these fields of study?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/19707588
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They get gender studies degrees and talk about lack of women in stem. There are programs designed to get women into these courses but they choose not to.

No its not a problem it's their life

How come Apple Computer Inc was founded by two guys and no women?
Was Steve Jobs a sexist? Is Apple Inc a sexist company?

stem is boring as fuck nigger
women go to where the alphas are

Fpbp
From a strayN no less

Yes, but the question remains on why they choose those decisions. Clearly there is some bias towards women in going into those fields that holds women back into entering those fields.

It's the same bias that holds you back, assuming you are a male, from going into nursing.

There are more women in higher educations.

More women earn degrees than men.

Employers are more likely to higher a woman than a man for the same position.

The only reason women are underrepresented in those fields is because we live in free societies where they are free to pursue their own interests, and they are simply not interested.

This is a positive and not a problem in the slightest. Quotas and equality of outcome, however, disregard merit and are the most unfair things on the planet.

A fair society does not have equal outcomes.

No, there isn't. Women are encouraged to go into better fields and as I said there are advantages they have to get into them and still they don't. Why are you implying women are helpless damsels who can't make up their own mind?

>more degrees

yeah, in stupid shit like Feminist LGBTQ Marxism Studies or the standard "Early Childhood Education" so they have kids play with Play-Dough and Crayons.

The argument has it's basis in the false assumption that men and women are exactly the same in every way other than genitalia and that any observable differences between the sexes other than physical can be explained by social construction.

Men and women are different biologically and psychologically and therefore they chose different lives to men when given the choice.

No and no.

That's their choice and their problem. They are free to study as they wish. This is not a problem to be fixed from the top down. Women have to want it. Forcing them to want it is far worse ethically than simply letting them do what they want and accepting that nothing will ever be 50/50 men/women, and that isn't even desirable in the first place.

>a little under 20% of women have a stem degree?

this can't be true

You are putting words in my mouth now.
Women are more encouraged to go into fields such as nursing or psychology while men are encouraged to go into stem. That has been known throughout 40 years.

>Women are more encouraged to go into fields such as nursing or psychology while men are encouraged to go into stem. That has been known throughout 40 years.

You're on crack. Men aren't encouraged to do anything.
Women are encouraged to go into STEM, because companies want to lower wages.

This is a brilliant documentary that deals with your subject.

vimeo.com/19707588

Enjoy.

It's just that if some job requires creativity and physical strength most women are unfit for it, but if a job requires you to just be smart and have good memory it's ok for women. I remember reading that most doctors and lawyers in Morocco out of all places are women.

I don't know about lawyers but most doctors in Finland seem to be women too.

Whitman is a terrible CEO and so is marissa mayer.

>Women are encouraged to go into STEM, because companies want to lower wages.

Wut? The wage gap is a myth?

That is completely untrue. We can look at it demonstratively in the 1990s, women were suppose to clean up the house while the men worked. This means that women were encouraged to have smaller jobs, while the men were suppose to have actual high paying jobs. This is what is lead on today. The bias has not changed yet.
Are you telling me that society today doesn't view the wives as household workers, while the husbands go out and do labor to earn income?

There are more women than men in college. No one is stopping the women from enrolling in real courses instead of retard tier meme degrees, created specifically for women so that they can pretend to be intelligent, when the necessity for these degrees proves that they are intellectually inferior.

>It's just that if some job requires creativity and physical strength most women are unfit for it
If you were the manager and you told the woman across the table that, that is called being sexist.

In terms of strenght it is demonstrably the case, in terms of creativity well who invents vastly more? Facts don't care about feelings.

Having an assumption that the other sex is inferior for the job because of their sex is discrimination, or just flat out sexism.

>Are you telling me that society today doesn't view the wives as household workers, while the husbands go out and do labor to earn income?

Yes.

More women work now than ever have.
Women are not just completely free to do any job they wish, they have significant advantages when applying for jobs and even special scholarships to peruse STEM and other male dominated professions. The reason they don't do them is simply BECAUSE they are free choose.

Now, watch the video I posted

>Women are more encouraged to go into fields such as nursing or psychology while men are encouraged to go into stem
Only if you ignore all the "women in STEM" programs and scholarships

Maybe women prefer lower paying fields, because they lead to more fulfilling careers?

>Having an assumption that the other sex is inferior for the job because of their sex is discrimination, or just flat out sexism.

You say that as if it matters or means anything. If I need some people to lift heavy shit I'm 100% going to hire men, you'd be stupid or delusional not to.

I never said you said that, just implied it, and you still are. You're encouraged to a lot of things but you still make your own choices in life. I disagree with your assertion that women are not encouraged to go into STEM, they are. They choose not to and it's not a problem at all.

What the fuck are you on about?

I know girls who graduated at the bottom of the class in CS whose final project was just one long main method getting software engineering job offers from big shots like Microsoft, blizzard and facebook.

Guys who were 1000x more talented had to settle for no-name start-ups.

I know it's labeled sexist. But if I order an electrician, plumber, construction worker etc. (jobs that require you to be creative and have decent strength) to do work for me, what do I get? It's very unlikely the company I use has hired women to do the job or that women have even applied for that kind of education.