As a young American born in the Midwest who is now living in the South, I am nowhere near a southerner...

As a young American born in the Midwest who is now living in the South, I am nowhere near a southerner, yet I love southern culture and I support the Confederate flag. Southern cutlure seems to be the most patriotic culture in America. I also am falling in love with country music and rural living (although currently living in Atlanta). Thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NpVIOxBhUMk
youtube.com/watch?v=__kQX12S9YI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Generally how I feel as a Midwesterner as well. Met my wife in Atlanta and we've been together 15 years. Southern women can be really terrible or really amazing.

I probably won't marry a southern woman, but who knows. I just love the overwhelming white rural America. Southerners are so proud of their race.

Where did Confederates fall on the political compass

South Dakotan here.

I love southern culture as well. We are patriotic up here, though midwest cities are getting really bad.

>moving from the midwest to the south
What a shit life. Opinions discarded and thread hidden.

youtube.com/watch?v=NpVIOxBhUMk

southern culture a best

should of went to jew york or commiefornia eh?

Suburban Atlanta is economically affordable, has low crime rates, has great school systems, and plenty of things to do. It's beautiful here, so many trees and so much nature yet still industrialized to an extent. Not depressing in the least bit, the South is the greatest region in America.

No idea. Slavery was not a capitalistic system, truly kept the poor and rich whites divided.

Arkansan checking in

>(although currently living in Atlanta)
gas yourself. that shithole is the least southern place in the south.
t. georgian

Thank you for posting that beautiful music! Post more if willing please.

Greater metropolitan area. Not the inner city. Think, suburban white flight.

Welcome!

Any "country" music recorded after 1996ish isn't country.

T. North Carolinian

>I feel as a Midwesterner as well. Met my wife in Atlanta
GET THE FUCK OUT. if you met her in atlanta shes not southern anyway.
so many godamn outsiders in this state. Atlanta needs a fucking nuke. ive literally never met anyone under 30 from atlanta that was actually born here. (aside from the blacks)

yes i thought so. im born and raised in the same area.
ive watched over the years as more and more of you move here to get big homes for cheap. most of you are good people. but theres nothing southern left. its just american now.

relax, man. She's from north of Atlanta. Her family are natives, not Olympics carpetbaggers.

Atlanta is an international city now, urban retard

Alan Jackson, Alabama, Toby Keith, Charlie Daniels?

>Atlanta is an international city now
more like international state now.

Kentucky checking in

Have the better version

New York of the South now. The Big Peach.

Untrue. Drive ten minutes outside of the metropolitan area, and the South is alive and well. I am so thankful for rural whites. I hope they begin to reproduce more.

Sturgill Simpson, Cody Jinks, Whitey Morgan are all great

lived in rural tennessee for years, back home again in indiana now. i do miss southern culture from time to time.

first wife was a southern bell, was cool for a bit.

Fucking carpetbaggers

>most patriotic culture in America

>supporting a flag of a country that seceded from the union

no its not. i know the white suburbs you're talking about. they are nice but they are american, southern culture is non existent within them because 90% of the homeowners are foreign.

and like i said before you're mostly good people but i still dont like seeing the culture i was raised in disappear. feels like losing my home.

thanks man, saved it

Born and raised in rural Maryland, definitely had some southern culture in my town (not like pure Dixie, but rural+grandad was Southern as shit so it rubbed off on me), but fucking Baltimore and DC shitlibs of course ruin everything about the state.

Funny, I'm from the South and I'm with you right up until the music part. Country music is complete cuckold nonsense these days. Literally the most bluepilled music on the market.

NC here

Modern country sucks. Outlaw country is where it is at. Love me some Hank Jr and Waylon Jennings. Only modern day stuff I really is like Old Crow Medicine Show.

>The Big Peach
>doesn't even have 1 (one) single water tower shaped like a peach

t. Gaffney, SC

inb4 some faggot from Clanton, AL brings up their shitty tiny baby copycat version

I know, I know. That's just what it's called now if you don't want to use the "Hotlanta" nigger name

>Southern cutlure seems to be the most patriotic culture in America.

Fuck off you ignorant cunt. Confederates hate the union and everything that yankee union supports.

You're seriously wrong. I visit Rome, GA a few times a yr, and the entire ride after the first ten minutes is southern culture, completely.

Retard

SD fag here too. I unironically listen to civil war songs and now hate the FUCKING YANKS

Good ol' boys even leak into my suburban school systems. How do you think Trump won? All the rural whites. Cobb County (my county) is one of the only counties that voted for Hillary.

>Confederates hate the union and everything that yankee union supports.

Wonder why.

LGBTQABCDEFGH

kek this

Birmingham>Atlanta

Fuck off big city fag I love not having the 285 perimeter bullshit. Also everyone who lives in B'ham has lived in B'ham for a while.

>move to mountain brook
>99.8% white
>one of the only non integrated school districts.
>actually grow up as if it was the 50's

Super fucking comfy desu.

Our watertower is nice too desu

t. Clanton resident.

atlanta really is the "new york of the south" and i mean that in the worst possible way. what a stain.

Birmingham is pretty southern, especially if you go off into mountain brook where it's 98.5% white.

South Carolina reporting in.
>Go to The Citadel
>Force fed the redpill and the Iron pill as a knob.
>Learn The citadel fired the first shots of the Civil War.
>Had to learn the lyrics to Dixie as a knob
>Had to be able to list all the battles the Corp fought in during the civil war including the date.
>During parade we fly said battle streamers on our battle flag (unchanged from the civil war (pic related)).
>Lefties come in try to take the Condfederate flag out of the Chapel.
>Every cadet boos them and tells them to fuck off.
>Citadel catches shit from the "Christmas Ghost" incident
>Al "Shakedown" Sharpton comes down trying to extort the citadel.
>Alumni and the President tell him to fuck off.
>Local feminists come in to teach us about "White Privilage" and the "Patriarchy"
>Everyone laughs at them and make "Check Your Privilage" jokes for the next week.
>Everyone red pilled as fuck.
>All the Black cadets are redpilled as fuck.
>Girl applies to the citadel wanting to wear her hijab as a knob.
>Board tell her to go to CSU if she wants to wear a trash bag.
Feels fucking great.
youtube.com/watch?v=__kQX12S9YI

t. New England

>Born and raised in the north
>believe the "South are bigots and inbred hicks meme"
>Purchase cheap property down south because cost of living is too high up north
>these people are the best people I've ever met
>everyone is patriotic, even their dirty gang ridden areas are cleaner than the average urban dwelling up north
>the ratio of productive blacks to thug niggers is like 7-1
>EVERYONE HAS CONFEDERATE FLAGS, even spanish families wtf
>friendly conversation everywhere I go
>open carry, most people have a piece on their hip
>everyone has unique cars
>everyone has dogs instead of filthy felines
>No racism (outside of good natured jokes)
>No homophobia (outside of good natured jokes)
>Open praise of God and nobody losing their shit

Will never leave. THIS is what America should be.

The South is pretty great. Everyone down here has an unhealthy obsession with college football though lol.

>although currently living in Atlanta
You are an idiot. Get out of that shit hole. Southern "culture" is beyond dead. Visit East Point after 9pm. Go hang out at Discover Mills after dark, or take Marta any fucking place. Cruise around the ATL airport and check all that ethnic art. Park your car on MLK and pretend to be stranded. So to Six Flags and look around you, son. Fuck it; go to Stone Mountain. Just make sure you read about its history before you do. It will make you want to puke while you are walking around it.

You want real southern culture? All that shit is dead (and honestly? good riddance - way too many reasons to go into in one post). All the people who were actual Sons of the Confederacy died out in the 70s/80s. They relinquished all political power during those two decades to Panther Party apologists and civil rights preachers turned political activists. Sam Massell was the last white mayor Atlanta will ever have, and that will tell you everything you need to know about how "southern culture" has transitioned in the last 40 years.

All the whites there went full racists while simultaneously getting stupid and lazy. White trash is all that's left, and even they take flight every 10 years or so further away from it all.

I will tell you this, though, Fat Matt's rib shack will show you true BBQ. I'm not entirely certain that trading a livable society was worth well cooked pork, but I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

just moved to calhoun county......the white part.....definitely beats shitty NE Ohio

Yeah, I've had several other northerners say the same thing. My mother had a coworker from New York City who said she is treated way better down here than up north.

Fuck just look at what happened with the Mother Emanuel Massacre.
We mourned our dead, buried them and gave Roof the death penalty. There were no riots, Al Sharpton and BLM were immediately kicked out of town when they showed up.

That's because College Dive Grass > Pro Dive Grass.

t. Jew Yorker

THIS

>Yankees really believe we don't want to make America great again

wew

Doesn't it feel good how Trump quietly got rid of Haley?

>pa
>allegheny county
>only blue in a sea of red
I hate this place... living in any city is atrocious and should be offensive to any learned man

I know how you feel, user. The confederate flag looks so good.
Pic related is literally my bedroom rn
t. people who phone post before going to sleep

who /heartofdixie/ here?

will you fucking delete this thread? you thinkw e want a bunch of fucking foreigners coming here?

What so we can end up like faggot ass sdeattle or san francisco?

I live in the North and you'll see a ton of Confederate flags out in the countryside.

I like the South and most rural areas of the country. really nice people, unless you act like a snobbish cunt.

t. (((coastal elite)))

>Patriotic culture
Posts Confederate flag. Fucking idiot

I thought Haley was okay. She did some things I liked (she made it easier to get a CWP) and some things I didn't (capitulated to BLM and removed the confederate flag from the civil war memorial). My only real issue with her is that she is a control freak and a lot of departments got fucked because of it (See DHEC). I'm happy she is getting Foreign policy experience as our UN ambassador. I know GOP has been grooming her for Washington. I think it would be interesting to see our first Female and "Sikh" president.

>Rebel Flag
>Patriotism
Lol, wut newfag? kill yourself.

Southern here. I got nothing wrong with people liking our culture. Just don't be one of those fags who drives a lifted truck.

You live in a double wide. In Brazil. With a Confederate flag on your wall? You might have some issues

Alabama is the best southern state.

Beats by dre. On Sup Forums. Fucking idiot

What crawled up your cunt?

>dem thighs

hoooeueuuaaaahh

t.Hoover

Texas checking in
Someone get these california faggots out of my state

States rights, smaller govt.

It's not a double wide, plus I live in a third world country, what do you expect?

You are looking for an identity, which is yet retained in the South.

Libertarian Right.

Is that an Asian?

GA here, fuck the ATL

go back west, we've got too many niggers here.

hell even zac brown is better than the rest

Confederados were a thing.

that's the Jeb Sup Forums actually likes

Virginian here. Welcome to Dixie! I hope you like your iced tea sweet (there is no other kind).

Sounds good. I may follow in your footsteps.

I think there is something different about the historic ethnic make up of the South as opposed to any other region.

While there were many ethnicities present in the South, they insularized themselves in their own areas, and the national character was yet retained as Anglo-Celtic.

This, coupled with the minarchist nature of the Confederate government enabled ethnic cooperation, to an extent.

This contrasts to the monoculture which was created elsewhere.

I'm taking a trip to Alabama and got to look at the UOA campus and I instantly fell in love. Want to go there to go forward with civil engineering degree now. Tuscaloosa is the shit

>Got accepted to the citadel and was on the way to join up like my dad and every other man in my family
>had to have back surgery my senior year
Wanted to die for a bit there tbqh, but now Im on the way to law school at UGA hopefully so I can be a JAG

>Supporting a cause that kept most of its people poor due to non-existent wages bc of slavery holding down wages and keeping a demographic of people completely unsuited to first world life here

I like the South and the culture and I understand I'm being autistic AF and it's not your point, but the Confederacy was good meme needs to die.

>So patriotic that they didn't stand for the union trampling on the 10th amendment.
>Lost the war, resulting in death of 10th amendment.
>Since then, federal government bribes states with shekel funding to get what they want from the states (see drinking age/speed limits,etc)

Whites weren't competing to pick cotton.
Importing niggers wasn't good though.

Shame that slut was raised on Long Island the daughter or vapid cunt and a clinically retarded wrestler.

*of a

i don't know where the fuck you live but that isn't the south i was brought up in. the racists here are real racists in word and deed. the homophobes have been accused of quite a few beatings and there's a couple of people who went missing. the only patriotism these fuckers have is to the confederacy and their desire to form their own nation within the borders of the US. they're degenerates, from the doctors and lawyers to the welders and methheads. fuck them all.

The south is the best.

People at legitimately kind and patriotic. Cost of living is low and people are willing to hire just about anyone who isn't a fuccboi.

Having lived in the north and south, I can say it is totally and completely different.

Also, don't let the xenophobic rhetoric get you down. The south has a habit of "everyone from X is a shithead and fuck them... except for that one guy who just moved in down the street from X, he's really cool and I'm having him over for a cookout this weekend."

I will NEVER live anywhere that isn't the south again.

Mississippi checking in. Hail the South.

Well, if we had our way, you wouldn't have to deal with us.