What is the most based Protestant denomination?

The Orthodox and Catholic parish near me is very small, but there are dozens of other churches around. What should I look for?

Other urls found in this thread:

stlukeorthodox.net/
m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95B1BB23B7A3C795
anglicanpck.org/index.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>protestant

Nothing like Christianity scrubbed clean of anything that made it have any texture whatsoever.

Bland: The Religion

Fundamentalist King James only Baptists(AKA Pastor Anderson)

Ehhh... Lutheran or Presbyterian maybe?

>implying Catholicism had not become so irredeemably corrupt over the millenia that all it took for it all to finally happen was one guy to have the balls to nail some papers to the door of a church
>implying it wasn't a necessary evolution of the philosophy of Christianity
>implying the White Anglo Saxon Protestant is not responsible for literally every major technological, scientific, political, and cultural advancement of the last 400 years as a direct result of the reformation and the development of the scientific method.

It's Orthodox Lutheran or Baptist, btw.

The Papists still defend indulgences

That's because Catholics are retarded.

>Orthodox parish is too small
You want a small parish, trust me.
Go to the Orthodox church tomorrow. Go to Divine Liturgy. Check it out. There will likely be someone in charge of the candle stand once you walk in. Light a candle in the narthex and mention to them that you are visiting and thinking of converting. You will be directed to meet with the priest after Liturgy, who will be more than happy to help you. What is the jurisdiction of this church? i.e. - Greek, Russian, Serb, Antiochian, etc.

Anglican. Go High Church if you can (basically Catholicism minus the Heresy), but even most low church parishes are more red pilled / conservative than normies and the cuck denominations

if you MUST be protestant, I recommend the LCMS.

Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. They're very conservative, they're somewhat close theologically to the catholic church they do the sign of the cross and have crucifixes and don't have grape juice at the sacrament and even have choirs and organs, so you won't have to put up with those insufferable christian rock bands that play in baptist and other churches.

They are basically fundamentalist Lutherans. Most protestants dislike Catholics, but LCMS people especially hate Catholics. But they are a conservative group that isn't tainted by the usual things that turn smart people off like blatant consumerism or the charismatic movement or progressive theology, so they're worth checking out.

Only problem is they're not very widespread and pretty much just exist in the uber-german areas of the midwest, basically just Missouri and Minnesota, maybe a few in Iowa.

If you don't have any LCMS churches around you, the Episcopal Church is fine too. They're catholics who call themselves protestant, and they're also British-descended. Basic WASPs.

Stay far away from religions. All of them.

Thanks for this. I'll be attending St. Luke in Abilene, TX tomorrow. Any more advice would be great.
stlukeorthodox.net/

Orthodox Christian. There is no such thing as "based protestant"

Gnosticism is the only way

The LCMS near me spent 10 minutes welcoming fags and during the open prayers, someone went on and on about how evil Trump was for his "muslim ban"

not going back

Didn't your boy Justin throw out the red carpet to a bunch of camel jockeys?

All the Protestant Churches have been invaded by The Cathedral. They all preach the same liberal lies: freedom, democracy, equality, liberalism.

Catholicism is the way to go.

Awesome. Good to hear. The Antiochian Archdiocese is a good place to start. Antiochian parishes in big cities are ethnically Arab, while in smaller towns like Abilene they are almost 100% converts, even down to the priest. You will absolutely be accommodated there.

I'm in Texas, too. Houston. I'm a cradle Greek Orthodox, so i'm not close with many converts. but even the large "ethnic" parishes are full of converts as well. If you decide down the line that Orthodoxy is for you, you might even want to visit Holy Archangels monastery near San Antonio.

See if St. Luke's has some Orthodox literature for sale. Read "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos. It's a good primer on the history of the faith. Keep an eye out for things written by Seraphim Rose as well.

Baptist like any red blooded American.
T. Billy Graham

>They all preach the same liberal lies: freedom, democracy, equality, liberalism.
Like the Pope, huh?

theyre all flawed. everything in this world is. fear god and repent

Lutheranism was based until the turn of the century.

Before it was basically Catholicism without the "it isnt idol worship" idol worship, (((reverence))) of anyone other than God, and without the rampant child abuse and subsequent coverups.

Church was just a bunch of the german immigrants/descendents thereof when I was a child.

But it has been infiltrated by non-denominationals and their insistence on multiculturalism.

You will find some lutheran churches every now and then that still have standards.

All what to happen? A bunch of yokels stealing our bible then splitting Christians into 10,000 different schisms? Most of which now support homosexual unions and other evil shit? Good job Luther you fat kraut heretic. The majority of Christians are part of the one holy catholic apostolic church.
>necessary evolution
implying Protestantism is anything more than, "MUH BIBLE SAYS"

The scientific method was all the catholic university system see Roger Bacon.

>>Non-Denominational

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Jesus Christ.

Those who stay true to the words of Jesus are your brothers.

Also, if you have the time and the means, it is worth it to visit a large parish like Holy Trinity in Dallas or even St. Demetrios in Fort Worth. The priest there used to be in Houston. Very very good man. There you can see the fullness of the faith on display. Iconography, Byzantine chant, Koine Greek. It's absolutely worth it.

can't argue with those quads.

>protestant
= Throwing the baby out with the bath water... Enjoy your nihilistic diluted dwindling protestant previously Cristian community

I have a Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox church on the same block near my old high school. Never been in any of them. Always thought it was a little weird how there was that many churches right next to a school

Do you live in the bible belt.

>What should I look for?

Islam

I can't really sit here and defend the modern Catholic church but the New American translation of the bible is for absolute, shit-eating faggots.

Nah, suburb of Chicago actually

wtf, that was LCMS? That sounds more like ELCA, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. I'm not LCMS, but I have a friend who is, and I know their pastor is infamous for being an anti-semetic woman hater. He runs a newspaper called the Christian News that literally exists to bash catholics, gays, trannies, jews, scientists, and everyone who isn't LCMS. That's really shocking to hear that they'd welcome gays to their church, that really sounds more like an ELCA thing, but I do know that not every LCMS is as extremely conservative as the one in my town appears to be.

For strength of faith and sheer badassitude: Quakers.

Southern Baptist. or the new Southern Methodist branch that is going top split off from the United Methodist Church, because the West and Northeast liberals keep pushing liberal ideas to get voted on. But we would still have women preachers so definitely southern baptist.

I respect our Holy Father and am glad there is a pope focusing on the forgiveness of the church, however he isn't infallible when he speaks on realms outside his bounds (politic, economics)

One side of my family lives in the bible belt. i don't though
First time i went to the south a few weeks ago there were Church's everywhere.
i was like damn.

well i guess a little odd.
Denominations in my city are on opposite sides of the city.

>protestant
>based

Orthodox christianity is the most true form of kike on a stick worshipping atm, catholicism was pozzed by the commie pope, its gonna stay cucked till he dies/is removed.

KEKED

Oh, look...Yet another Catholic who has no idea what they're talking about anything other than what his Preacher feeds him. Usually his dick in his mouth.

You dumb bastards STILL refuse to admit why the Reformation actually happened, what it was actually about, and why it happened as quick as it did? Why? Because your gay Priests told you lies for the last 2000 years and you're STILL swallowing them today.

The Reformation happened because of one man. You're probably thinking I'm implying Luther? No, not Luther. Johannes Gutenberg. See, he invented this little thing called the printing press and the very first thing he printed was the Bible. And he printed it in English. And that shit spread across Europe faster than you could say your Hail Mary.

For 1500 years previous, it was in Latin. Why was it in Latin? Because no one could speak Latin. So only the "priests" who were the congregation's "connection to God" could "really understand" and "translate" for the "common" man.

Listen buddy, the Reformation was gonna happen sooner or later, whether you Cathocucks liked it or not. The people caught on to the scam. In the same way the internet is about to truly change the world forever. Luther was just the guy who drove the nail in the proverbial crucifix, know what I mean?

And don't get me started on that one holy catholic and apostolic church horse shit that you douches have pushed for millenia under the guise of "give me money" (or we'll fucking crusade you). You're no better than organized crime family. In fact, do you have any idea where La Cosa Nostra got their ideas from? I'll give you two guesses, but I'm willing to bet you'll get it on the first try.

Fuck you, you fucking Papist. You and your "Church Fathers" all the way back to the First Council of Nicea crashed what was once a revolutionary and truly beautiful idea, a literal gift from God, with no survivors. For what? Money and Power.

Fuck you. You fucking cunt.

Have you read the church fathers

The church was founded over a divorce

Not to criticize, but how do you deal with a liberal pope

Actually, the only true protestant denomination is Seventh Day Adventist. Even Rome acknowledges them as the only true protestants. All other denominations continue to abide by many papal traditions. It's quite sad how uninformed all of you silly children are. It's as if you haven't been watching Walter Veith tear the antichrist pope and his whole of Babylon church to pieces using The Bible. Get free niggers. As The Lord's Word says, "COME OUT OF BABYLON"
Here, my wayward brothers and non-existant sisters.... Let me lead you to water, but even I cannot make you drink.

m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95B1BB23B7A3C795

None

lmao you hate the pope yet use him as validation for your shitty heresy

aren't you the ones that believe that you all become the gods of your own planets after you die, and that the rapture was supposed to occur in 2012? you're just a loony cult like the mormons

Anglicanism. It purified catholicism - basically devoid of the errors of the Roman Catholic church but retained everything else. Avoid the Episcopal church, though. They are progressive now.

What errors

>our Holy Father

Distasteful.

Matthew 23:9 (KJV): And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

The papacy mainly. Transubstantiation of the Eucharist as well.

Anglicanism can differ based on which dioceses they belong to. I'd recommend finding a church that belongs to The Anglican Province of Christ the King or ACNA.

anglicanpck.org/index.shtml

Are you guys sola scriptura or do you guys support apostolic tradition?

Apostolic tradition, technically. Most Anglicans study the Bible very seriously and are aware that the early church wrote the Bible - the Bible didn't write the church. One thing I love about Anglicanism is how much we study the history of the church and the history of the Bible itself. Many of our members study Greek and Hebrew. We want to be as close to original Christianity as possible so we also study the writings of the first church fathers as well.

"Anglicans base their Christian faith on the Bible, traditions of the apostolic Church, apostolic succession ("historic episcopate"), and writings of the Church Fathers"

So then you understand the church fathers believed in a real presence in the Eucharist?

Yes but I don't think they believed that the substance literally physically changed. This is a Platonic notion that was incorporated into Roman Catholicism a bit later on. Anglicans typically believe that it is a spiritual transformation, not a physical one.