Food Delivery Robots Spotted in D.C

Is this a practical use of technology?

washingtonexaminer.com/yes-those-are-robots-you-see-on-the-streets-of-washington-dc/article/2615220#!

A European technology company is partnering with food delivery company Postmates to test five ground robot delivery machines on the busy streets of Washington, D.C.

Residents and tourists walking around the district's Northwest quadrant started spotting the six-wheel robots around town this week. The machines were created by Starship Technologies, which is led by the cofounders of Skype.

"Our vision revolves around three zeroes – zero cost, zero waiting time and zero environmental impact. We want to do to local deliveries what Skype did to telecommunications," Ahti Heinla, CEO at Starship Technologies, told Fox-5.

The machines carry food and other items inside their hulls. The container opens when the robot arrives at its destination and the customer confirms it has arrived.

Each robot has nine cameras onboard, which keep it from running into people and objects. The moving machines are also free from CO2 emissions. If successful in their U.S. trial, could drive down the cost of deliveries, the company said in a press release, though possibly at the cost of jobs for human delivery runners.

The robots are currently only running during daylight hours as part of test projects in the nation's capital and Redlands, Calif., where Door Dash is using the machines. The D.C. Council will have to decide whether to allow the robots go to full throttle. Postmates plans to expand the use of the robots if the district approves and trial users like them.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2015/08/03/us/hitchbot-robot-beheaded-philadelphia-feat/index.html
spectrum.ieee.org/transportation/self-driving/after-mastering-singapores-streets-nutonomys-robotaxis-are-poised-to-take-on-new-cities
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Niggers attacked a hitchhiking robot with nothing.

What makes them think a robot carrying free food will be safe?

cnn.com/2015/08/03/us/hitchbot-robot-beheaded-philadelphia-feat/index.html

Self driving coolers.

>dystopian future where gazelle and hawk like robots, transfer food and resources from environmental dome to environmental dome, while poor primitives hunt the robots on a hellish landscape of decaying urban sprawl, alluding back to mans time on the savahana or tundra hunting parties

No machine is safe

what protects them against vandalism or Theft?

>zero environmental impact
Why would a Pizza-delivery Service care about enviromental Impact?
>could drive down the cost of deliveries
Why is a Robot supposedly providing better service when the Pizzaguy brings be my food to my 2nd floor Apartment?
>Each robot has nine cameras onboard,
A lot of Tech that can break, repair costs of several Robots have to be cheaper than a Pizzaguy and his Car Maintance

This
Niggers and shitskin minorities ruin ANY chance of cool futuristic automated technology without it being vandalized

>somewhere in the ruins of New York 100 years from now, a father is teaching his sons how to track and bring down a KFC delivery bot.

100% this, it's why asian countries have all the cool shit

In D.C.?
It's like they want their robots to be stolen

Nigs have a natural hatred of robots, or anything that could pull them from grassy plains of Africa.

niggers will put a stop to this project within a month

the company press release will be something really vague that everybody will interpret as "niggers"

FPBP

Pretty much goes without saying chimps would destroy these if they felt no repercussion would happen to them

>Is this a practical use of technology?
Muhammad will make pressure cookers which look like this for events with public crowds.

>drug mules already being made redundant.

I love how these people really think this sort of shit is going to fucking work. No wonder the west is failing.

Niggers murdered a pizza delivery guy just for the pizza. They will 100% smash a robot.

niggers fear what they dont understand

>Filthadelphia
>we didn't really expect it, Zeller told CNN
>we see this as kind of a random act and one that could have occurred anywhere

There's a reason why NuTonomy chose Singapore for their first automated taxis.

spectrum.ieee.org/transportation/self-driving/after-mastering-singapores-streets-nutonomys-robotaxis-are-poised-to-take-on-new-cities

>is this a practical use of technology?

yeah, but only in predominantly white neighborhoods

>Our vision revolves around three zeroes – zero cost, zero waiting time and zero environmental impact

It's already failed all three.

Is this real?
I had a mcdonalds burger once. It tasted like plastic.
My wife always has a big pot of soup on the hob. I bake the bread.
The soup varies. Today it's mushroom. It's up to her to decide; what she buys at the market.
My favourite is leek and potato. Soup is a conveyance of love.

CIVIL

got any for me dad?

its a cute robot i hope he stays safe

>tfw dad is too busy taking pictures of dindin to show Sup Forums to tell you it is ready.

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR BEGGING FOR TIPS STUPID BURGERS

fuck you and your entitlement bullshit

Guys don't worry. Nigs attack, the robot unfolds it's Twin barrel 50. Cal.
I get my burger king, and the neighborhood is safe.

hopefully those people remember to put the condom on, because holy shit they're the ones that need it.

Made in estonia ;^)

I dont know how it is in Germany, but here in Michigan, delivery guy is responsible for repairs to his own vehicle. Store doesnt give any extra cash at all for that. One of my friends was a delivery guy at like five different places and its why he ultimately had to stop, his car fell apart from it essentially.

The last time anyone offered niggers shit for free, they ended up picking cotton for 300 years.

Ain't nobody got time for dats.

lmao remember when you used to buy a coke and sometimes there would be a redemption code under the cap for a free coke? this shit like here is literally a free meal for the first person who sees it.

Robots should be allowed to defend themselves.

>testing new way of doing things with prototype
REEEEE IT'S NOT GONNA WORK

not bad

lol yeah people who have to work over 40 hours a week to just make ends meet are so entitled. Why can't the poors just die off

Mexico on suicide watch

why do niggers always have to ruin for everybody

make sure to still eat solid tough chewy food. Most people don't work their jaws enough anymore, especially important for kids, results in less dental work.