I don't know if this is the right place to ask but anyways

i don't know if this is the right place to ask but anyways...

in 2029 a huge comet called apophis will pass earth really really close.

what if the scientists discover that they are wrong and apophis hit earth. how would humans react? how would global politics change?

would it be like fuck the past we need to work together to survive? or more like i want to survive, fuck the rest?

personnally i think western world with russia and china will build a alliance to survive. middle east and africa will be left alone to die.
nations that can't contribute anything, financial or technologycal, will be left alone.
humans from this country will try to immigrate to the west, russia or china to survive. a world war could break out.

religions will freak out and blame other religions. "islam is peace, allah will punish non believers" for example. another point where a world war is possible.

what do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xJsUDcSc6hE
space.com/7088-tool-bag-lost-space-meets-fiery.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apep
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_crater
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

better stop worrying and start livin. You only got 12 years left bud

sounds like a good time frame to build the space Elevator

apophis will not hit us
this is only a theoretically question (for now)

where do you want to go with the elevator? earth will be fucked and we don't have the technology to go to mars yet.

Or do we?

Well if the (((scientist's))) calculations aren't bullshit then I suspect huge gravitational distortions that might even cause some cities to collapse completely.

>implying mars isn't holographic

This is what most concerns me
The moon could get fucked, too. Object's really big so its gravitational pull could make things go really badly.

the moons really big, but its not as haeavy as it should be, its about 6 times less dense then it should be, which meeeaaaannnns its fucking hollow and an alien spaceship

Imagine if we get a surprise hit by an asteroid that hasn't been catalogued yet

2005 YU55 passed by very close to the moon and it didn't affect it's path at all.

>LE FAKE NASA CLICKBAIT ARTICLE OF RANDOM METEOR MIGHT STRIKE THE EARTH AND LINES UP WITH NOSTRADAMUS PREDICTIONS AND MAYAN CALENDARS USING A BASE 17 INTERPRETATION
My favorite meme

good point

>I suspect huge gravitational distortions that might even cause some cities to collapse completely.
Did you go to college?

It's only 325m

I'd be all like; Oh shit!

youtube.com/watch?v=xJsUDcSc6hE

gravitational pull is a function of the mass of two objects over the distance squared or some shit

the mass differential between an object the size of the earth vs one of these objects is massive, so massive that it means that the delta change in overall gravitational pull will be negligible

we also have a relatively dense atmosphere which will absorb a lot of the kinetic energy by the near pass, as well as a ton of water.

the damage from these things only happens if they enter the atmosphere and blow shit up (because of the enormous amount of mass + speed + drag in an atmosphere full of oxygen atmosphere)

>what if the scientists discover that they are wrong and apophis hit earth
I have a lot of faith in these types of scientists...they aren't like Billy Nye, that Black dude or other "Climate Experts"....them crazy Autists at NASA know about all sorts of space debris, and can tell you where the lost tool bag of space is at any given time.

space.com/7088-tool-bag-lost-space-meets-fiery.html

In April, there's going to be an announcement of an asteroid on a collision course with Africa.

Using this, they'll flood western nations with billions of African "refugees".

The asteroid will conveniently miss, but western nations would already be dying from cancer.

>nasa
>space

sage

Also, most space-related calculations are basic geometry and physics. It's pretty hard to fuck up if you have a Phd in autism.

we need to hire ben Affleck and bruce willis and train them to become astronauts.

>how would global politics change?
You'd probably see the rise of a one world government if it isn't big enough to totally fuck us up as a species.

statistically earth gets hit by a huge meteor every 100million years.
the question is not if something hits earth, the question is when get we hit the next time.

>zar bomb have 50megatons
>apophis would have 900megatons when it hits us

nothing to worry about. it's only 300meters of rock.

How the fuck could an asteroid ever hit earth?

Send a space mission to redirect it. It could be done

>Apophis

>Apep or Apophis was the ancient Egyptian deity who embodied chaos and was thus the opponent of light and Ma'at (order/truth). He appears in art as a giant serpent. His name is reconstructed by Egyptologists as Apepi and survived in later Coptic as Aphōph. Apep was first mentioned in the Eighth Dynasty, and he was honored in the names of the Fourteenth Dynasty king 'Apepi and of the Greater Hyksos king Apophis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apep

>Egyptian deity of chaos
>Apepi

Is this the coming of the Anti-Pepe??

We've already deflected at least one asteroid with a solid mass projectile, basically a glorified shotgun slug launched from a rocket that impacts the asteroid and readjusts it's trajectory.

>a giant serpent
Snek, Kek, and Peck are converging upon us

jesus why is the mic quality so shit?

Shit-tier countries can still contribute peons to do bitchwork and natural resources.

I think it's the only way to make globalism work. It's not like all the major world powers would be able to justify going back to being enemies.

Maybe that was what global warming was supposed to be.

>that pic

holy shit my sides

really?

If the calculations said it actually was going to hit us, do you think they would tell us?

>the question is when get we hit the next time
>statistically earth gets hit by a huge meteor every 100 million years
Friendly reminder every generation in human history has truly believed they were living in the end of times

>what if the scientists discover that they are wrong and apophis hit earth
We would all be dead
>how would humans react?
By being dead
>how would global politics change?
All previous incarnations of death have proven that the dead become a single, mindless collective that bows to a single king generally a Liche so the answer to your question would be there would be no politics single totalitarianism with an unquestioning citizenry would mean there are no politics to discuss

We would just get all of the countries in the world to launch their nukes at Apophis at the same time.

There we go. Took care of the astroid problem, and the nuclear annihilation problem.
Next question.

Too bad space doesn't exist.

what is vault 7?

could it be true?

Nothing would change, user.

I heard about this asteroid on the news while listening to the radio and I was very surprised to find that a sense of relief washed over me when I thought of the asteroid hitting earth. Ordinarily, even though it is unlikely to hit, the thought of such a calamity would produce a slight twinge of anxiety within me.....but I hate what the human race has become so much that I honestly wouldn't even care if we all got wiped out in a major apocalyptic event. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to die....but when I think of all the hardships my ancestors suffered to create great civilizations and advance the species....I'm ashamed. Just nuke us already, space rock.

digits prove this
space is a fraud

we have probably a few million years left but earth WILL get hit by a large asteroid again!

why do you think humans are magically protected from the brutal forces of nature?

in a few billion years our sun will die and kill everything in our solar system. earth will die, it's just a matter of time.

Why do you think you should care about what happens on a "few" million years?

Wtf is happening in that .gif?

it could happen in 50 years, maybe in 1000years, maybe in a million years.

i said probably we have a few million years left. nobody knows what we will discover tomorrow.

intelligent humans should build a space union and abandon this planet as soon as possible.
built a space station that can move out of the way when a asteroid comes near.

you have never sleeped in a hotelroom in the UK, right?

No the earth would survive, but the infrastructure of humans would be severely fucked up.

The asteroid that killed the dinosaurs was about 10 kilometers in diameter.

Did you measure it?

>Europe is spared
Hahaha amerikeks BTFO

Obviusly he didn't measure it but we can look at the effects it had on the earth and accurately model the size range of the asteroid. Go masturbate to Farm Animals Quarterly you retarded fuck

kek
Some of you Germans are alright.

Yes, I asked my autist brother to create a time machine in order for me to be a spaceman in the year 66000000 BC, and measure the diameter of the source of the cretaceous paleogene extinction event.

Or people just deduct and calculate such things from observable remains.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_crater

you can estimate the size from the impact crater
the asteroid was 10-15 km in diameter

No need to bring me down...

>it doesnt hit the middle east or china or even africa
how shitty

I bet you also believe India will be a superpower comparable to the USA by then.

Just send a nuke on its way to change its trajectory by one nanometer and send it flying on the other side of the system.

all life on earth dies if it is as big as the image says. No amount of anything will save you from the absurd levels of energy a meteor of that size can cause

I remember that this was a exercise in my parallel computing course. We had to write a program to simulate and plot our solar system. I added the top 100 objects by mass, including the apophis comet(you can get all data from the NASA). He was pretty close, but no impact. Maybe he will get us next round.

lol yeah time to STOP listening to ART BELL rereuns fucking SAUR KRAUT nibiru aint coming KEK

I believe you would need a lot more force, over a longer distance in order to change the trajectory of such a massive object.

Or you could potentially blow it up, which could result in debris small enough for our atmosphere to burn up.

Roaches will survive though.

>china and russia allying with us ever
nah it depends though if its gonna kill us all, the rich fucks might take rockets out of here and we will die seems more like it.

I wouldnt count on it

Go check out what Randall Carlson has to sat about this. Its his thing.

world war III because no nuclear deflection

where will they go with their rockets? we don't have the technology yet to survive this. we can't go to mars yet, we don't have a moon station, we can go nowhere.

this is why i believe europe, USA, russia and china building a union. there is no other option.

It's 300 meters..

It would fuck up countries, and probably cause a nuclear winter, but it would be faaaaar from an extinction event.

>one country keeps some nukes
>north korea is now the biggest military power on earth

Apophis will make a close approach in 2029, Elon Musk will deploy a rocket to nudge it on a collision course for 2037, and hold the world for ransom.

hmm I thought the gray balls represanted their size what a shame , its just a big ass nuke

>900megatons

depends where it would hit, it could cause tsunamis we have never seen before, earthquakes all over the world, maybe it would be enough to make a supervulcano errupt, dust all over the planet, billions of animals and flowers would die.

That is like throwing a baseball in an arc 10m above you and you going "Phew, what a close shave!"

a man is having the time of his life

Nah, the scary thing is they don't really know yet how the fly-by is going to influence its trajectory for the next fly-by in 2036.

fucking kek

>David J. Tholen and Tucker—two of the co-discoverers of the asteroid—are reportedly fans of the TV series Stargate SG-1. One of the show's persistent villains is an alien named Apophis. He is one of the principal threats to the existence of civilization on Earth through the first few seasons, thus likely why the asteroid was named after him. In the fictional world of the show, the alien's backstory was that he had lived on Earth during ancient times and had posed as a god, thereby giving rise to the myth of the Egyptian god of the same name.
Based as fuck

If so the elites will hide this information and get off earth or build a big vault for themselves if a certain doom will become public society will descend into chaos thus it is unlikely we would hear about it.

So close to quads.
It would take a lot less than physical impact to have a catostrophy in terms of our biosphere

Nukes wouldn't change the path or the mass of the of the object at all.

The asteroid is really fucking small.

what is vault 7?
where is vault7?

does wikileaks knows something? could this be related to apophis?

>>bows to a single king generally a Liche
>tfw the local lich king raises your taxes\
Nagash 2032

exploding a nuclear bomb right next to it wont change the path?

i'm assuming more efficient would be to land something on it and to have it thrust at a constant rate to slowly change the trajectory?

Yeah, a nuke would not change the path at all, the mass and velocity of the object is much too great.

If that hits with even a small speed, we die and our planet with us.
That has the potential of setting us off course with just a small collision or just destroying us in seconds.

it's 300 meters . .

that isn't a concern you're an idiot

you need to take a physics class you idiot

That nazi japanese guy said Christ would be returning in 2028 I believe was what he said. But nobody knows the day and the hour. Seems like it might line up for a republican president logically. Makes sense

300meters of pure evil

billions of animals and flowers will die. it will need 1000years till our ecosystem recovers from this.

More like 40 years

Are you pretending to be retarded? This comet is not seven miles long it's just over three hundred meters. Holy shit

>mother nature get raped by a niggerasteroid and catch AIDS
>don't worry, in 40years everything will be ok again

Don't underestimate Nature. The impact won't have long term global consequences.

Yeah, and refugees will be good for the economy, despite being only single women and children

The global politics would have to account for the loss of a country, life will go on. If it strikes the Kaaba, life will prosper. But chances are, if it ever struck, given its orbit, it will hit Europe, Russia, or Canada/northern USA. It will be the universe dropping a hydrogen bomb-tier greeting to remind us how insignificant we are.

>tzar bomb, biggest nuclear bomb ever build, have 50megatons
>the asteroid will unleash 900megatons

when this thing hits the right place we are fucked! this will be like when a supervulcano errupt! it will take month, maybe years, till you can see the sun again because of all the dust.

wtf i love apophis now