Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
orionsarm.com/fm_store/OrbitalRings-I.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just like the other 243 anons who did before you

bump

Really fired up my neural synapses.

Fuck off faggot
This video has been around longer than most of you cunts have been on this board.
Stop posting shit shared on your fagbook or get the fuck out it's that simple

So because we can't save every person on earth we shouldn't even try?

Fuck off, i will give another $50 to refugee support groups because of this post you faggot, I hope millions of more come.

>food analogy

hidden and sega'd

Yes, but 7 billion people could fit in the state of Texas. Overpopulation is a meme.

>finite resources are a meme

top kek

>saving them

Running from a problem doesn't fix the problem

They most definitely are a meme. It's the same muh peak oil bullshit, your friends from Berkley have been spewing in the 90s.

Resources aren't exhausted over night, the prices of resources rises, slowly over time, with the increase in demand and decrease in supply making alternative resources and even renewable ones more affordable.

Not only is finite resources a meme, exponential growth of the population is possible in perpetuity even with exponential growth in resource consumption into perpetuity.

Intuitively you know this because the universe is infinite. But you are so fucking retarded that some professor or youtube video told you about scarcity and you didn't check his abstraction against your concrete knowledge of the world.

Quit being an ape.

>posting anime outside of his containment board
reported

where did these retards come from

where is my old Sup Forums

Prove the universe is finite or shut the fuck up new friend.

they'll leave as soon as their paycheques are stopped

You know that the video ends with the words, "Let's help them there," right? The video suggests that we ought to invest in other countries, rather than take immigrants.

Either way, I'd prefer western isolationism to "humanitarian efforts" that would "help" poor sods around the world.

>All these butthurt anons

It's a good video and good ammo for those that haven't seen it. The guy articulately and in a "non-racist" way explains why would should not take immigrants from 3rd world countries.

It's a nice bite sized redpill that you can share with normies.

And they all fit where they currently are.

Yeah, on top of eachother without food water or shelter dumbass

the problem isnt fitting, its having (fresh)water

Nobody gives a fuck if the universe is finite or not. The point is that, regardless of how many resources are in it, we don't have access to them. How are you going to farm on mars to feed people on earth? How are you going to provide cheap energy if the population triples? You can't. Ultimately the problem is that every time a woman bends over in Africa, India, the Middle-East and American ghettos, a fucking baby is born.

kill yourself

good video. simple and colorful enough for the lefties too. saved.

Retarded moron.

If you put too many people on a lifeboat, the lifeboat sinks and everyone dies. It makes no sense to try to fit the world's population in a few small areas, especially when you consider that places like the US are only good because of the people who currently live there.

>ignorance, the post

We have the technology to build an orbital ring space elevator, which, combined with the deployment of solar panels into space, would drop energy prices to a little under 1/100th of a penny per kwh.

That puts our cost to orbit per kilogram at about $0.01, or the cost to deliver payloads to Mars per kilogram at about $0.02.

You only believe in scarcity because you are scientifically illiterate.

>Intuitively you know this because the universe is infinite

The only thing infinite in this universe is the buttpain DJ Trump caused you are your handlers.

this redpilled me hard the first time I saw it.

all my notions of everyone on earth living together peacefully were blown away

this planet is a house party and there's one slice of pizza left and 90% of the partygoers weren't even invited. The end.

You missed the entire point of the video.

We are contributing to the problem by taking the smartest from these countries and letting them immigrate here instead of letting them stay and fix their countries.

And immigration is a net negative. If you allow a foreigner to have a better life you end up with a worker who was born in the country who is now displaced because of increased competition. Not to mention the genetic demographic issue.

You're probably one of the millions of immigrant leafs and you return the kindness of Canada by giving you an inch and taking a mile in return by demanding more immigrants into Canada. Fuck off.

>calls others scientifically illiterate
>ignores the tensile strength issue of making space elevators
>deliver payloads to Mars per kilogram at about $0.02
>everything is possible when you handwave every problem away
kek, fuck off retard

>house if full of starving cats that won't stop breeding

>feed the cats more so that the breed more

>eventually you'll run out of food for them and instead of 5 cats dying you're now responsible for hundreds of cats dying.

it's a simple matter of sustainability.

Except that the concentration of intellect and ambition into one society by skimming off the top of the whole world has resulted in a society with the technological capacity to end scarcity.

The presenter in the OP is objectively wrong. Probably not out of malice to deceive, but ignorance of science.

Look at this hilarious meme I just found

newfag leave

You clearly don't even know what an orbital ring space elevator is or you wouldn't have brought up tensile problems.

It is indeed true that a geosynchronous elevator held up by a counterweight beyond ~40,000 km is not within the scope of current technology owing to insufficiently high tensile strength materials.

However, orbital rings are dynamic structures that reduce the required length of elevators to ~300km, which is practicable with steel but easy with material like kevlar.

You are objectively wrong and should read before speaking again.

every country that's worth living in has low population density.

high population countries are literally nightmare hellscapes with child prostitutes and daily public executions.

XDDDDDDD

Pure conjecture. First of all we don't have nor do we know if there will be technology to end scarcity. Second of all, you don't know if immigration is even linked to increased technological advancement. You can have collaboration across borders without having to uproot people and move them here.

Regardless, every other country is hurting because we don't need help from these intelligent immigrants, they do.

Basically, fuck off, we're full

>end scarcity

what kind of la la land are you living in dude?

have you ever been to NYC? During peak hours when you cram yourself onto a train like a sardine do you think to yourself "gee we could totally fit more people here!"

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

you remove all selective pressures and the population explodes until it collapses. period.

Dude, you need to stop reading the science section on reddit. Where are you going to put the farms? How are you going to increase crop yields. How are you going to generate fresh water without A) desalinating ocean water and damaging fragile inter-tidal ecosystems or B) Melting all the fucking iceburgs. Also, what do you intend to do with all the extra methane and how are you going to distribute all of the wattage from a single space elevator across the entire planet? You are really jerking yourself off here pal. Somebody has watched too many Ted talks.

Wrong. Speak less, read more.

I'm happy to address as many concerns as you have one by one.

>Where are you going to put the farms?

Indoor farming is not just viable but preferable when you have cheap electricity. You prevent nutrient and water run off and eliminate the need for pesticides. We already have laser/camera systems built and tested that can detect insects and burn them up. Indoor farming drastically increases crop yield because you have no dependency on intermittent rain, can deliver ideal sunlight throughout the whole crop cycle, and grow year round. Finally, the ability to build mutli-story buildings means that even without all of the above benefits, we can increase yields 10x on a per acre basis. In terms of food resources, it is immediately obvious that the planet can support tens of billions more people using only off the shelf technology.

Cheap electricity also solves any emission problems. We can scrub the atmosphere of as much methane or CO2 as we so desire given abundant electricity, which is easy to get by building an orbital ring space elevator.

Electrical distribution is easy. Orbital rings can support 20 or more elevators per ring. It would cost less than $1T to have an elevator deployed to every major city in the world.

Because this has all been tested on a grand scale and your cost estimates are on par... Also, you are talking about a hundred years from now. On account of the fact that I personally know and am related to astronauts and engineers in the space program, I can definitively tell you that you are full of shit and are living a pipe dream. Constructing anything of significant scale in space costs gazillions. Cost reduction is possible with an existing elevator, but getting an existing elevator would require your fucking ring to already exist, which it doesn't. Your ends and your means are the same thing, and therefore it is implausible within the economic framework you have laid out.

not an argument

Let's work out how much an orbital ring space elevator would cost together.

The basic idea is this:

You have steel rope with an aluminum bed on it, on which superconducting magnets can react against and hold up a steel jacketed kevlar tether about 300 km in length.

You can find material estimates here:

>orionsarm.com/fm_store/OrbitalRings-I.pdf

I invite you to dispute any figure you find questionable, at which point I will convincingly refute you as the fool that you are. After a few iterations of this, you will concede that the costs of an orbital ring is less than $500B and that you are wrong. Let's go.

You're at an extreme disadvantage here because while you might know engineers, I know engineering. Don't feel too bad when you are repeatedly refuted in other words.