CATHOLIC GENERAL: FATIMA EDITION

CATHOLIC GENERAL
>DEDICATED CATHOLIC GENERALS EVERY SUNDAY

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. If you feel something is missing, please ask for it to be included while providing a link. As usual, we will be assisting with answering questions.

Today is the Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time / Sexagesima
Here are your daily readings:
usccb.org/bible/readings/021917.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Documents of Vatican II
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/index.htm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Finding a Mass
pastebin.com/S0W9rLQR
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp5kNl94CjvL3UmQUmFQ-3ywTVxOlzhtt
youtube.com/watch?v=0IlY6rEkgQ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's lazy sunday today.

Not so lazy that it meant you missed mass I hope Polebro

Bump

God bless you all, family

I know many now like to listen to Youtube clips before they sleep, so I'd highly recommend Michael Davies youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp5kNl94CjvL3UmQUmFQ-3ywTVxOlzhtt

Also bumping with pictures of the FSSP seminary in Germany

I'm starting to miss that Dominican nigger.

kek, that guy is as annoying as a fly

bump

To try and keep this going, post your planned lenten spiritual reading

Here from my weekly catechesis class.
Today we studied the oration.

I also met an ex-muslim Paki.
Damn, the persecution he suffered in his country was fucked up.

Hola spanish bro. Do you find catechesis classes helpful? I was raised Catholic so I never went through them as an adult, and I was just wondering whether you feel as if they really give you something that you'd never be able to pick up by yourself?

Also, yeah, Pakistan is one of those 'Western allies' that persecute Christians severely. Case of Asia Bibi is relatively well know, but it's a Christian woman who's on death row for effectively drinking water

sup guys
So I recently re-read about the Fatima secrets, and how we never actually got a decent explanation on the third one.
This year the apparitions are completing 100 years. What if the errors Russia is supposed to spread across the world are the things we're seeing now, their subtle manipulation of elections around the world, their meddling with other countries' politics etc.? I heard someone say before that "Russia's errors" was supposed to be communism; but it's not like they actually spread communism to the whole world. Only a handful of countries had it.

>Only a hanful of countries had It
It means we won

The problem with that hypothesis is that you'd have to be very naive to assume Russia is the only country that meddles in the politics of other countries. But on the top of the third secret, you're not the only who has questions. Here is Bishop Fellay of the SSPX (I'm not a member,but I have a lot of sympathy for them) recently raising the topic (go to 12:57) youtube.com/watch?v=0IlY6rEkgQ8

How do you guys feel about Biocentrism, the Multiverse, and quantum consciousness?

>Hola spanish bro
Hi Brit bro

>Do you find catechesis classes helpful?
Yes, I also enjoy it a lot. People are really nice.
>I was raised Catholic so I never went through them as an adult, and I was just wondering whether you feel as if they really give you something that you'd never be able to pick up by yourself?
I'm an ex-atheist raised on a 100% fedora family. My knowledge about christianity was zero. So yeah, I find it helpful. I'm also reading the Bible on my own initiative.

>Also, yeah, Pakistan is one of those 'Western allies' that persecute Christians severely. Case of Asia Bibi is relatively well know, but it's a Christian woman who's on death row for effectively drinking water
I know. This dude was tortured in prison and deprived of his properties. But at least he survived. Lot of apostates are executed there.

Femanons please respond

If you are longing for women instead of actually trying to do something about your life to be a man that good woman deserves then you are not deserving anything more than coal burner slut.

As a rule of thumb, I don't put much stock into Marian apparitions outside of Guadalupe and Lourdes

Why does papal primacy only show up hundreds of years after Christ and even then only taken seriously by the bishop of Rome?

>But since it would be too long to enumerate in such a volume as this the succession of all the churches, we shall confound all those who, in whatever manner, whether through self-satisfaction or vainglory, or through blindness and wicked opinion, assemble other than where it is proper, by pointing out here the successions of the bishops of the greatest and most ancient church known to all, founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul, that church which has the tradition and the faith which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the apostles. With that church, because of its superior origin, all the churches must agree, that is, all the faithful in the whole world, and it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition

Against Heresies 3:3:2 , 189 AD

That's a possibility but it sure doesn't feel like we won.

It has dozen of miracles and several popes also believe in it. Even the prophecies make sense and predicted stuff that turned out to be true (like that there would be second great war, and they even got right the Pope's name).

Cute, but false
> Cyprian of Carthage

“The Lord says to Peter: ‘I say to you,’ he says, ‘that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not overcome it. … ’ [Matt. 16:18]. On him [Peter] he builds the Church, and to him he gives the command to feed the sheep [John 21:17], and although he assigns a like power to all the apostles, yet he founded a single chair [cathedra], and he established by his own authority a source and an intrinsic reason for that unity. . . . If someone [today] does not hold fast to this unity of Peter, can he imagine that he still holds the faith? If he [should] desert the chair of Peter upon whom the Church was built, can he still be confident that he is in the Church?” (The Unity of the Catholic Church 4; first edition [A.D. 251]).

The earliest Church fathers acknowledged the primacy of the Pope

Glad to hear you had the courage to acknowledge fedora-tipping, although easy, is ultimately unfulfilling. As well as reading the Bible, also try reading the lives of the saints. Read the Gospel, then read how it should be lived