Why won't millennials buy houses?

Why won't millennials buy houses?

I don't have a six fig salary desu

Like the comic says, they spend the first decade or two of their adult lives paying off the cost of a worthless education

I make $52k a year and I'm closing on a house this coming week.

>Five-figure

That's $10,000+. If you can't afford to pay that back with the education you got then you deserve what's coming to you.

I have shit credit.

I, too, wish I could live in a flyover state or the middle of nowhere.

because we watched everyone we know lose their homes and make poor home buying decisions in 2008

Kek, women's degrees don't pay for themselves ya know.

Exactly, colleges teach people specific skills, but don't teach them how to be a good worker, or how to advance a career, or even how to just manage money

Because the baby boomer generation are evil and greedy.

>britbongs pretending they know about the US

I live (am going to live in a week) in white suburbia in Virginia.

>worthless

How so?
What are those guys studying?

some don't even teach specific skills either.

WEST VIRGINIA
MOUNTAIN MAMA
COUNTRY ROADS
TAKE ME HOME

I don't know, but most of them somehow manage to not turn 4 to 8 years of education into a 6-figure career

>Millennials
>Buying into arbitrary definitions to create false stereotypes

Exhibit A, ladies and gentlemen, of all British people being autistic.

>West Virginia is Virginia

Enjoy paying 300k for a 600sqft flat in the middle of Nigger Town.

i dropped out of college. still have 15k debt. saving for a house now. i made a bad choice, realized it, listened to normies, doubled down, then got a real job. get your shit together, OP.

They can't buy houses because they took out $50,000+ in loans to waste on a useless degree in gender studies or "the arts" (in reality they spent 4 years getting high and drunk 24/7 on someone elses dime).
If you have a degree and can't find a job with it then you wasted time and someone else's money and you deserve to be a wage slave the rest of your life for it.
All these "intellectual" cockmongers who have the nerve to call themselves smarter then everyone else but don't understand basic economics.

WV is not nigger town

Because Californians are invading and driving the demand and price up on everything and I'd rather not buy a shit hole just to spend tens of thousands of dollars just making it livible

>be me
>20
>one semester of college
>fuck this bitch shit
>dropout
>3 years later making 130K.
>40 hr weeks
>paid holidays
>gubment employee
>full healthcare
>401k and pension incoming

Oregonbro?

I was talking about the housing market in the UK.

years later making 130K.

Doing what?

Goverment employee? Military?

aviation related

>gubment employee
Nothing important, but it's probably a cozy job

Story?

I had five-figure student loan debt, paid it off around $250/mo for 10 years without really breaking a sweat. Maybe if these fags stopped buying $90 vintage Walmart clothes from hipster boutiques and donating the rest of their disposable income to millionaire politicians they'd get ahead.

Nobody in the government actually makes that much money outside of senior staff. He works for a contractor who does government work.

If any of you lazy cucks want work, get into the Air Force for 4 years, get a degree, and go into government contracting. You can clear 200k easily.

if only bernie got elected...

ok ok. its not as great a story as it seems
>17
>join military
>pick air traffic control
>FAA starts hiring
>get hired
>pass the Academy in okc
>sent to high level facility

Assuming you took out strictly government loans you can pay off of your income. If even that's too much for you go work for the city/state/federal government and have them wipe your loans after 10 years of payments

130 is the bottom of our pay band. guys i work with are clearing 170k. and yes gubment employees

Still in grad school. Maybe in 4-5 years

Actually, brit guy is right. You live in the middle of nowhere.

What's pay grade are you on? The Senior Executive GS schedule tops out at $179k. Nobody with less than a decade in government is making that much.

I mean, Virginia is technically the most flown-over state, so the Britbong is right, if you pretend he had any way of knowing that ahead of time

I agree a lot of boomers are out of touch, but taking on five figures in student loan debts for a degree that will never allow you to pay it off is simply poor planning.

ATC moved off of the GS scale a few years ago. its based on how much traffic a certain facility moves

>The stories and information posted here are autistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

I'm a millennial. Just bought a house.

kek wills it

>if you're not in Manhattan or downtown Chimpcago you're in the middle of nowhere

Okay, kiddo, enjoy raising a family in whatever ghetto you live in.

Wew, this ignorance. Do you even know what a flyover state is?

youre right. im lying

Yes, I do, I live in one
But more planes fly over, without landing in, Virginia than any other state
It's literally a fact

Your pic suggest you know why.

Making money in the military is a shill idea. Modern military is the largest jewish enterprise in existence.

Here you go, bruvs, a rough US population density map.

Now go do some brainstorming and try to figure out why more flights fly along the densely-populated eastern seaboard than over the great-plains.

Virginia is a flyover state

t. lived in Virginia

That's the fucking joke
Jesus fuck you're autistic

renting is better than buying if you invest money you save from buying
>real state appreciates greatly over time
real state has terrible liquidity. Also, owning a house implies you take care of it, which implies expenses you would not have renting, and buying and selling houses often require 3rd parties that will increase fees during transactions.

Renting keeps your costs low and predictable, do not tie you to one place, allow you to invest in more liquid in profitable investments, and you don'y have to worry about mortgages.

>tries to call my state the middle of nowhere
>gets proven wrong
>"Jesus fuck you're autistic"

jej

If I was born about 3 years earlier, or just started working in high school, i could have a house.

Do you think more planes fly over Virginia or jokes fly over your head?

I never said it was in the middle of nowhere, I said lots of planes fly over it
Do they not teach reading comprehension in Virginia?

With student debt delaying marriage and starting families and making it less economic to have a family, WNs should champion the cause of student debt

>lots of planes fly over your state
>NO FUCK YOU ITS NOT A FLYOVER STATE THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS PLANES
I've never seen anyone embarrass themselves so thoroughly

We have told them that studies who do not bring jobs should not be offered. They still took them because they did not had discipline to choose different.

Now I am supposed to have pity because if not I am a rich jerk. Fuck.

Mega recession on the horizon and housing prices need to crash. Not going anywhere near debt with the sort of interest rates we're going to be seeing.

More planes fly over the Eastern seaboard than the middle of the country. Coast to Coast flights are a very small portion of total flights, unless you're a media kike who flies from NYC to LA all the time. Hmmm, really makes me wonder who created the term...

This.
Do not get into (((debt))) folks.

>buying a house
>falling for the mortgage&maintenance jew

Why not lock in the low interest rate now?

3.9% is easy to get for anyone with a decent enough credit history.

u wot? Now is the time to buy. The prime rate right now is 3.7%, only slightly higher than the lowest it's been in history.

>housing prices need to crash

Srsly. I'm looking to buy my first house and the prices are fucking insane. 180,000 for something in the middle of niggerville on 1/857th of an acre? Get fucked Shlomo

checks flag,

kek

I remember talking to a real estate agent once. They were trying to convince me that buying a $500,000 home on a $36k/year salary was a good idea because I could rent part of it out.

>less jobs and more people every year
>go onto website to search for jobs
>look at entry level stuff
>"200+ people have already applied for this position"

please God send another plague

In the US, a residential property is 1-4 units, so it's no uncommon for people to buy a duplex or a few town homes, rent them out, and use the surplus to subsidize their own mortgage. It's really common in my town because the Veterans Administration gives out no down-payment loans to people in the military.

>spend life paying for four walls and a shitter
>in most cases, having to contract oneself to someone you will have (if not end up killing)

the one thing the mortgage jew didn't provide for -- a future where people no longer wanted to be entralled

the depression was supposed to begin in 2008 under Obama

The (((Federal Reserve))) kicked the can down the road with quantitative easing and capital injections, US government did massive stimulus and TARP, bailed out the auto and banking sectors, etc.

now we have DOW 20k with no fundamental basis for it, retiring boomers starting to sell their assets, real estate bubbles in Canada, Australia, and Britain (maybe some US areas), a generation essentially crippled by student loans who wouldn't take mortgages to buy a house if they could, ghost cities in China and high denomination bills banned in India, a ton of shit converging

I have a feeling the Fed could pull the rug out from Trump if they wanted to

This wasn't a building with multiple units. This was just a regular house.

>180,000 for something in the middle of niggerville

That's pretty cute.

Here, it'll cost 700k for a niggerville house.

Let me guess, Vancouver?

I own 4 houses, no education...

Thats only mostly true

I'll rephrase, I own 4 mortgages, I own 0 houses

How did you get your 2ed, 3rd and 4th mortgage?

West Virginia is not Virginia you Bong.

>oy vey go into a mortgage to buy a 300k house oy!
>don't build your own house or live in a trailer youwouldn't want all teh trendy people to think ur a flyover white trash OY VEYYYYYY GET YOUR RICH BOOMER PARENTS TO RENT YOU A 2K/MONTH SINGLE ROOM APARTMENT!

That same shithouse would cost 600k in hongcouver

1st one I needed a co-sign. After that, maintain a impeccable credit score. I work a very secure job, and do my banking at the local credit union, they know me personally, and can make it easier for me to buy.
I only buy low end shit and renovate, and I mean low end. the second house I bought was under 100,000 and was derelict for years..
My houses are now worth substantially more that I owe, so I have equity if needed.

>the second house I bought was under 100,000
first house I bought was $25
second was $475

are they tents?

Just cardboard boxes located in the good part of town.

>paying for your education

At least you have affordable healthca-

lamo

I have two of them Cuz I'm not a whiney lazy trump supporter

You can't blame millennials without also blaming their parents who sold them the college lie. Put your faith in Gen Z to put an end to the cunt problem, probably not the ethnic one. Too late for that in the U.S. I think.

Alone in the wilderness stream with Sup Forums when?

>when you don't have to pay to defend your own country, so you spend your budget on getting millennials worthless degrees, then you make fun of Americans because they have to waste their own money on it

>the college lie

What lie is that? I was told go to school for a useful degree and it will pay off.

Lo and behold it did! Not my fault a small percentage of student went to school for Hispanic studies.

>ph.d in math
>any job i want
>300k starting

Just the idea that you NEED a college degree to succeed and basically do anything in life, and also that ANY college degree will do it
If you go in and get an education in some sort of specialty it has a good chance of paying off, but many people just get ANY degree, and expect it to pay off economically
I mean, the most common college major is "psychology", because I guess people find it easy, and the difference in income between someone with a psychology degree and a high school diploma is negligible

That would maximum comfy. Sup Forums and /k/ team up to provide you with a 24/7 innawoods stream.

That's my next million dollar idea. DO NOT STEAL.

Urged to go to college with the implication being that you're a loser if you don't to the majority of kids that has led to the college problem of today. But good for you and your anecdotal success story!

lucky you. a lot of us got spun the yarn that any college degree would do, now everyone has a degree and they don't mean shit unless its in an in-demand field. even then, competition is steep

this. it makes me sick every time I see some eurofag talking trash about muh free stuff when in reality they don't even have to provide for their own defense because of the NATO meme