Brit/pol/ - Helicopter Ride edition

>Ukip member caught on CCTV urinating and trying to push way into OAP's home in Stoke Central
stokesentinel.co.uk/video-ukip-member-caught-on-cctv-urinating-and-trying-to-push-way-into-oap-s-home-in-stoke-central/story-30147297-detail/story.html

>Protesters at Irish border block people passing through to prevent hard border upon Brexit
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39016582

>Blair declares open war on Brexit. Sides with Sturgeon - pro-indyref2
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/17/nicola-sturgeon-says-tony-blair-right-say-brexit-strengthens/

>Junker rolls over in full damage control. Offers to downsize EU to prevent Brexit Dominoes
express.co.uk/news/world/768864/A-LOT-of-damage-Juncker-fears-Brexit-DOMINO-EFFECT-as-he-prepares-to-downsize-Brussels

>Bercow has 11 MPs backing him against vote of 'no confidence'
news.sky.com/story/save-john-bercow-campaign-launched-amid-no-confidence-motion-10770407

>Pound slumps against Euro over fall in consumer spending due to inflation
poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/6235-gbp-to-eur-and-us-retail-sales-jan-17

>NHS heavily reliant on foreign workers, needs more
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-38981129

>Brexit begins to benefit UK fishermen
belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/northern-ireland-trawler-fleet-will-net-immediate-rewards-following-brexit-35460570.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CEZUm4_hR9U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Doherty#Early_life
amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_5?fst=as:off&rh=n:430562031,k:tablet&keywords=tablet&ie=UTF8&qid=1487561849&rnid=1642204031
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013ATUFUC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/comments/5uyv7i/diane_abbott_ive_had_rape_threat_and_been_called_n/
youtube.com/watch?v=BZFr2XVQLeQ
etymonline.com/index.php?term=Welsh&allowed_in_frame=0
youtube.com/watch?v=weeANDqgOig
youtube.com/watch?v=4IUU8agFvXg
heraldscotland.com/news/15102329.Referendum_call_is_just_weeks_away_claims_influential_business_group/
pbs.org/newshour/bb/international-jan-june99-blair_doctrine4-23/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for ur mums saggy ballsack

2nd for ur dads curly pubes

SURGE EDITION

3rd for ur nans saggy tits

Pinochet was a lolbertarian type wasn't he? Doesn't seem like someone to celebrate tbqh

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm not really celebrating him lad, don't make the same mistake as Clinton and take Pepes too seriously. Just having a laugh.

What do you foppish britlords think of pete doherty? I think eh was a pretty cool guy and a tragic case of 'born to early to enjoy the nationalist revival of 2010s.

youtube.com/watch?v=CEZUm4_hR9U

Yes but does anyone actually like Communists, like seriously like them. The Soviet Anthem is better than ours and they had some nice, comfy uniforms but that's about it.

fair nuff

>think of pete doherty

nobody thinks abbout that smelly bellend anymore, he should just off himself 2bh

>> 113443130
Even Tacitus in his description of the tribes of Briton notes their genetic differences,

He describes the South East as fair like the Gauls, The Welsh (who in your statement where all over south England) as swarthy and the jocks as lanky and red haired.

Your point that Britons ever referred to a single ethnic tribe is false by contemporary sources of the time.

Cheers lad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Doherty#Early_life

>paddy/jew hybrid

Ey m8 thanks for the thoughtful reply its going straight into my screenshot folder.

For

>for just 20 shekels per month you can support out hardhitting journalism

I would love to see what you could do with a graphics tablet, you don't even need a very big one, even ones smaller then 6x4" give a much more ergonomic intuitive drawing experience.
amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_5?fst=as:off&rh=n:430562031,k:tablet&keywords=tablet&ie=UTF8&qid=1487561849&rnid=1642204031

*than

It was a general term for a grouping of tribes then (it didn't include the Scotti by the way). The point remains that the ancient term had an entirely different meaning to the modern term

I'm not sure what you mean when you refer to "the Welsh" here, since "Welsh" was the English word for "Briton". They were all Welsh

Did you ever watch that creepy video of him playing with baby mice with Amy Winehouse?
Was thinking of getting this one. But yeah I'm going to pick one up at some point.
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013ATUFUC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

That one looks good, but you could spend less and get a larger chinkshit one, some of them are pretty good.

It didn't though, Britain was genetically different at the time and the term for referring to the inhabitants of the Island, was Britons, not as a term for a single ethnic group.

British today may have a nationality attached to it rather than a collection of tribes, but it still refers to the people of these islands.

The idea that "British" was an invention of the act of Union is wrong, it is a revived term if anything.

Yeah his origins and the arc of his attitudes and relationship to mainstream british culture always reminded me of Oscar Wilde a bit, from the half-blood genealogy to the exile in France.

He's the most contemporary english artist (or whatever you want to call it) I know of whose ideas and experiences I found intriguing. Especially his concept of a utopian England.

reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/comments/5uyv7i/diane_abbott_ive_had_rape_threat_and_been_called_n/

the state of this thread

i think about 5 different srs spin offs brigaded it

Gotta love how no one it's right wing enough for you.

Have you been sniffing glue lad?

Show me your willy

I was referring to the people who inhabited the are of wales.

But you're wrong again there, Welsh meant foreigner in old English.

Why are you here?

Amy Winestein never really interested me but I do remember years ago watching some aimless video they recorded of themselves hanging out together and binging on crack. I knew his music before finding out about his tabloid existence, but just the fact that he did shit like that on youtube I also found pretty interesting (albeit degenerate af).

Here it is...
youtube.com/watch?v=BZFr2XVQLeQ
Dont do drugs kids.

I wanted to learn more about the country of much of my family and quite like the UK, but people here told me to stop asking so many questions and to go away since I am a yank.

lol wtf is going on

That "Briton" referred to a specific ethnolinguistic group, and not to inhabitants of Britain generally, is clear from the fact that it was never applied to the Scotti or to the Anglo-Saxons. That it was an ethnically diverse group is irrelevant

It could refer to the Britons, to Celts generally, or even more generally to foreigners. Usually it meant the former

etymonline.com/index.php?term=Welsh&allowed_in_frame=0

Were they questions like "when is Nigel Farage's coronation as president of England?"

Drugs, dirt, baby mice and rambling. And for some reason they uploaded it to youtube.

Not at all, more along the lines of local culture questions about tea and cuisine, elections and monarchism, brexit, attitudes towards certain policy, etc.

I do apologize for the low quality of most American posters though.

Ask away then lad. Sorry, a lot of people here have an unfair hatred for Americans. You lot can be daft sometimes but generally you're good-natured

Because their was no initial contact with the Picts or Scotti, and when there was, the period Rome had proxy states south of the Clyde/Forth, their was a need differentiate between those that would be north of the Antonine wall.

And your moving the goal post on the wales point, Wales meant foreigner so of course those foreign to them would be referred to as foreign, i.e. the Welsh.

The gymnastics on display rather than just admitting that Briton is an old term is baffling.

Met an english guy in a group of english guys one night in Paris and palled around with them till morning. On the subject of brexit they tried to give me shit for trying to talk about something british with them but after a few minutes I got through to the brexiter and ended up having a pretty interesting conversation that culminated in a teary ode to the queen and England. Interesting to meet an unironic monarchist in person.

One thing he did sperg out about and insist on arguing with me was his belief about how 'nuts for guns' americans are and how civilized and responsible the attitude in the UK is by comparison. Never once brought up guns and don't actually own one myself lmao.

The differentiation wasn't based on political divisions. It was based on ethnicity and language. The Britons spoke Britonnic, aka Old Welsh; the Picts and Scots spoke Pictish and Gaelic respectively.
The point was that it didn't originally mean "foreigner"; that was a later sense of the word. Its primary sense was the Britons.

When English people meet another nationality, Normie's have certain preprogrammed statements

USA: You lads are a bit mental about guns,

Ger: Don't mention the war, you make good sausages

Spain: My nan has a villa there/ Went to shagaluf last year

>his belief about how 'nuts for guns' americans are and how civilized and responsible the attitude in the UK is by comparison

Common attitude here unfortunately. Wasn't always the case (pic related)

Which is why I highlighted tacticus and his description of the varying genetic traits of Britain...

You're going in circles lad

New thread ,faggs

And hence my point that while the Britons were diverse, they were still an ethnolinguistic group

He and I had been talking constructively of the value of national independence and going brexit for like 30 minutes and all of his friends were stereotypical onesie wearing cocoa drinking yuppiekins from the city so I felt he might been getting self-conscious about all the wrong-think nd just blurted out something that would establish his 'general sensibility'.

Have to say though, I found his deep and sincere love for the queen and loyalty to the idea of the monarchy very alien. Not a bad thing, but nothing like i've encountered before. Is a genuinely monarchist form of patriotism actually still a functioning segment of the body politic in England?

Linguistic, why is that relevant?

The point is that Briton as a name for the people who live here, is not a modern new term.

You keep diverting down these routes of debate that have no relevancy.

Over-rated junkie fop.

It wasn't a general word for people from Britain, like it is now. It referred to a specific ethnolinguistic group, who are now represented by the Welsh.
What a silly argument this is

Who in british music is actually relevant artistically and/or ideologically in YOOL 2017? Genuinely curious.

Everyone loves the queen mate, bar a few lefty cunts

He used the phrases "tribal matriarch of all the english". or something along those lines and specifically got misty talking about the moment when that little girl offered her flowers during the princess diana shit. That's the kind of love you're talking about? or 'ayy queenie's a goodun look at her being a BAMF behind the wheel of this car lmao". That's the sort of pro-queen shit that bleeds through the social media filter on the american side of the tubes by the way, i'm not trying to paint people who love the queen or being english as clowns.

The fact that a group of people living on the same island have a common language root discredits the point that the romans called the inhabitants of Britannia, Britons?

So you're point is, that when Rome met the peoples of this land, they studied their languages and identified common ancestor tongue, then labeled every one who shared this linguistic group Britons, rather that just make the obvious leap of People of Britannia, they're Britons.

They spoke different dialects of the same language (Welsh, Cornish, and Breton are still very closely related). And Britannia was named after the Britons, not the other way round

The Queen is still the executive by the constitution, however the monarch has not exercised executive power in 300 years, nor have they personally granted executive approval since Queen Victoria.

The Monarch still holds a large public influence, her feelings on a matter would be felt in the electorate, however it is a matter of precedent at this point that the Monarch makes no public comment on Politics.

Today she acts more as a ceremonial head of state, the PM/cabinet is the executive today.

Sounds like he's a hardcore monarchist, yeah

I think a newfag would better answer that desu.
Steve Ojay and Lewis Floyd Henry. I've seen the latter around London quite a few times and thought they should have more shine on them is all. Not relevant in any sense. Buskers..
youtube.com/watch?v=weeANDqgOig
youtube.com/watch?v=4IUU8agFvXg

Can you explain why do you come here? My area got enriched with at least 20,000 Brits last year

The people known as Britons shared a language, yes, they also inhabited the same region.

Why is it such an odd concept to you they the inhabitants of a certain area were known by a certain name, and the inhabitants of that same area in modern times adopted the very same name.

Because only a certain group within that area were known by that name. Not going to argue about this any longer, it's five in the bloody morning and I'm obviously not getting through to you

Never heard of any Englishmen going to Russia. Emigration is pretty common because of how shitty and paki-infested the country is now, but most go to America and Australia

I say we have 200,000 of your kind by the last Westerner census

Need to ask them then

They claim work, free business condition and attitude. Infiltration is going on, eternal Anglo, my sister is getting WELSHED

To buy a wife

lel

I'm not sure if they will form an enclave like in Spain or intermarry rather fast like all the Scottish and Dutch immigrants we had before.

I've been led to believe Prince Charles will be a different proposition? Likes to get involved apparently.

Escape while you can, the Anglo is bringing civilisation to the siberian wastes.

You're arguing completely inconsequential points.

You're entire argument pivots on the fact that people of Britain shared a root language,

Well fucking obviously, how does that dismiss that the term for the native inhabitants are known as native Britons? You seem to be fully invested in that single point, yet it has no weight in the discussion.

Why is this even a debate?

Briton is an old term that is still used today.

This is fucking ridiculous

>can't even read

Not worth my time tbqh

Just fuck already.

I mean its possible, the nature of the UK constitution is that it is largely unwritten and therefore changeable, in theory, in reality precedent makes it very difficult to change anything, him taking the throne is going to rile up the Republicans enough as it is, if he starts trying to fuck with a 200-300 year precedent, it will lead to a constitutional crisis.

This guy has the same droopy look like my English neighbour

That is him!
Peeping over your garden fence. Studying your habits.

Do you have some organization that organizes British exodus to Spain, Portugal, Russia, Cyprus? I've encountered tight knit communities all over these places

It's English instinct

Not that I know of. I know what you mean though.
Expatriate communities. There's websites for them.
There's that saying 'Birds of a feather, stick together' I guess it's the language/culture.

>language/culture
those communities are racial if anything

Cyprus is for historical reasons, it used to be part of the empire.

Its because all the ex squaddies go back there

Certainly of all walks of lives not only soldiers in Cyprus. Amazing how Anglos, Greeks, Russians and Germans peacefully run a whole island side by side

Strategically didn't mention Turks

Also
>whole island

Turks are disliked by all

I wish that was true, but we had a few wars with you guys propping up the turks, and we pretty much caused them to invade Cyprus to stop the Greeks taking a part of our crumbling empire.

>implying Chile isnt the best south american country

>implying marxists dont need throing out of helicopters

topkek, this.

>we had a few war
most certainly had to do with what people in Cyprus and Europe think

I gather that after 1982 he toned it down (and possibly nationalized more than Allende.) when the 1982 economic crisis nearly killed Chile. (Ironically saved by the fact COLDECO, the copper company, was still in state hands.)

I was talking about Crimea, us propping up Ottomans against Russian expansion.

doesn't make European Cyprus diasporas to like Turks

>whole island

heraldscotland.com/news/15102329.Referendum_call_is_just_weeks_away_claims_influential_business_group/

>A LEADING pro-independence group has launched an urgent fundraising appeal to its members claiming "we are only weeks away" from a second referendum being called.

>Business for Scotland (BfS) believes it will take place in autumn 2018 and a video message by Nicola Sturgeon backing a crowdfunding appeal will fuel speculation this is a credible date and the referendum countdown is on the point of being triggered.

pbs.org/newshour/bb/international-jan-june99-blair_doctrine4-23/

>once in a lifetime vote

>twice

>cuckservatives