The end of an era

People think that once the world has gone too far left regarding "tolerance", that there is no coming back from it.

Think again.

Homosexuality was widely accepted in Roman life. Then there was nearly 2,000 years where it was unacceptable. You think that can't happen again?

What happens when the world swings back towards the right, as it is doing right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/cristiano-ronaldo-become-father-second-095241197.html
unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/2008/04/open-letter-to-open-minded-progressives.html
youtube.com/watch?v=0v5uvkszugk
youtube.com/watch?v=-yFhR1fKWG0
youtube.com/watch?v=FPRCvfhKTJM
chapelofsergeandbacchus.blogspot.ca/2009/02/what-does-bible-say-about-homosexuality.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's called "paradigm shift" and it happened many times. We are pretty close to another and a big one as well.

Elaborate.

Do most generations live through a paradigm shift? Or is this something rarely experienced, and we are lucky enough to be living through it?

>end of the "born to late/soon" meme

Is dis a
V A P O R W A V E
Thread
I think sooo

I always imagined public opinion as a pendulum. Once it swings far enough left, it will swing right just as hard

Nah it's not thanks for bumping tho

stay A E S T H E T I C my friend.

Aesthetic post and thread so far. Keep up the good work. This is the REAL story of humanity not some vaginal discourse

Well what the fuck do you know anyway
Yankee scum
Get back to your ar 15 thread cunt

Who cares, we will never see a massive jewish genocide again.

Hopefully this user comes back and elaborates, because the idea of being alive during a massive social paradigm shift is fucking fascinating.

basically the eternal struggle is the left and right trying to find a way to forever end the pendulum from being able to swing.

Has anyone gotten close?

"widely accepted"

Why do these memes never die ...

Yea, you would not be stoned to death for being a catamite, but you still were looked down upon.

Tons of scientists and philosophers talked about this

yes the modern liberals/jews are on the brink. If they succeed in making it impossible to stop immigration/diversity then it is inevitable our race go extinct even if only 1% race mix a year.

It is now

They are pushing extra hard (and sort of exposing themselves in the process) because they know once gene editing goes viral the ammount of white people will explode

niggers will eugenize themselves

What? ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/cristiano-ronaldo-become-father-second-095241197.html
And bibi put them everywhere
God decides who's who and everything to do with everything. And with things like this

>Homosexuality was widely accepted in Roman life.
Not at all, it wasn't the same, being a bottom was a disgrace

Holy fuck I never even considered this.

>yankee
Did you just assume my nationality?

Do you remember what happened to the Roman empire?

There is this theory (I don't actually remember the name, sorry) that all humans have this instinctive need to ballance everything in our lives.

There is and X on the one side of spectrum and Y on the other. The more of an X you have, no matter it is genuinely good or bad, the more you seek Y. The longer you live in lawless, amoral society, the more you are open to a hardline, yet moral dictatorship. It supposed to affect literally all parts of human life, from your sexual life to the world-view.

And there were many instances in history where people just "switched (hence, paradigm shift) and in a few years they completely changed their morals, views and even the way of life.

Google it up, plenty of reading.

Yes, and just like Rome the western world will fall once again. A decadent civilization is a weak one.

>Homeostasis

It is also vaguely connected to that theory of eternal civilization wheel, where everything seemingly repeats (X > Y > X > Y and so on with a slight variables) and to the understanding of inherently chaotic nature humans have.

Those things are pretty much very vague, very difficult to imagine and understand, because they touch of things we do not understand well like consciousness and/or our original primal psyche.

yeah like the concept of ying-yang, that is living in balance, jordan peterson speaks of this in his videos.

If you're interested in this, I recommend you check out Mencius Moldbug.

unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/2008/04/open-letter-to-open-minded-progressives.html

There are a bunch of parts to the open letter, but he puts forth a really interesting theory for why the political center has been moving to the left for the past few hundred years. If that trend comes to a stop, then it would be a massive paradigm shift.

Well civilizations are made by humans, so they inherit all human qualities, including a lifespan. There is no such thing as a civilization that lasts forever. It has never existed, will never exist, and can never exist. One day there will be no more United States. That is a guaranteed thing.

But that does not mean that civilization is not worth preserving. The reason why our lives are comfortable enough for us to be degenerate is that our societies permit that. If society collapses, our comfortable lives do as well. If we live to see a new dark age, I shudder to imagine the horrors we will face. Starvation. Banditry. Wars. It's nearly too terrible to contemplate.

Not exactly socially acceptable in Rome. Totally accepted in Hellenistic society, then held at arm's length by Rome. From Roman Republic through Tiberius, it was basically not totally faggy to be a pitcher, but you were a traitor to the state to be a catcher as a Roman citizen. As far as pizza related situations, Cicero's publisher, Titus Pomponius, was called Atticus because he traveled there so often to nail little boys. They made fun of him and he couldn't have held a curule chair in the Roman senate, but as long as he kept the grease in Greece, he wasn't prosecuted. After the Tiberian morality laws, gayfags weren't cool anywhere.

Culturally. Nothing else. Then you fucked it up more. Again. David and Jonathan had "activities" and one of them literally came while crying anf kissing the other for a final goodbye. And then ruled Israel together. All they had to do was say a covenant to eachother

But it is, fucknugget.

And the swing is coming for Canada too. I will drink delicious SJW tears.

I want this in my lifetime.

Well yeah, somewhat. All valuable civilizations have at least similar theory about this. East have ying-yang, west even have stoicism which is basically a manual how to deal with this.

"Became one flesh". "Uncovered mothers' nakedness". Lalala i am not listening i will even delete words or change them in Bible and etc etc

I came to this realization very recently after hitting a milestone in my genetics studies for the phd

spread it

meme it

It would require the complete destruction and reconstruction of academia and the media. Both of those are what have been moving the west to the left. Kill the cathedral and you'll get your paradigm shift.

It is interesting to think about how it would all come to an end though (a specific civilization, not humanity as a whole) ie America

Yeah i did, faggot.
Im assuming your a faggit as well, what?

Thinking your better then me

Just cause i live in a fuckin' igloo and take a dog sled to work. You think your better then me. Lets see you fight a fuckin' polar bear in -30, i bet you dont even chug.

>Homosexuality was widely accepted in Roman life

Eh, not quite. It was seen as extremely manly and alpha to dominate a younger, weaker dude in bed. But actually engaging in a romantic relationship or getting married to another man was frowned upon and practically unheard of.

>Well yeah, somewhat. All valuable civilizations have at least similar theory about this. East have ying-yang, west even have stoicism which is basically a manual how to deal with this.

yeah is the logical conclusion if you begin to analyse the human experience in conjuction with reality.

I didnt even read what your talking aboot.
I drink maple syrup and eat whale fat.

Yeah, but Jordan Peterson's Maps of Meaning is so batshit insane that I don't understand how universities can permit it. It's basically him just making the sorts of strange connections between unrelated things that intelligent people always do (which is why we think they're intelligent). The problem is that a lot of what he bases those connections on are either not well understood, or essentially matters of opinion. For instance he has a strange obsession with the story of Disney's Pinocchio. And he reads his Catholic mysticism into it. And then he explains why he got there, and you can see where he's coming from, but at the same time if you take a step back to critically analyze what he's saying instead of just allowing yourself to be enthralled and mesmerized by his storytelling, you realize that his position is way the hell out there in left field. But he goes on with it anyway.

I first noticed it when I watched his video on the metaphysics of Pepe. I'm sitting there going, "now I know damn well exactly what Pepe is because I fought in the meme wars. I have used plenty a rare Pepe myself. But I also know what Pepe's not, and for all we joke around about it, nobody here *actually* worships Kek. There's no such thing as Kek and Pepe's just a viral idea expressed as a cartoon frog." But then he starts discussing it as though there's actual magic, and Pepe is somehow a legitimate religious manifestation, and I have to wonder if he really believes in some kind of polytheism or demons or something. Of course he discusses metaphorical demons in terms of destructive personalities that some people have, but not supernatural literal demons.

Anyway, my point is that I don't think we can take him too seriously considering his mystic ideas.

HOLY SHIT THAT'S PRETTY FUCKING MINDBLOWING

We're at the point of actual physical removal of Western Civilization - at gunpoint if necessary - by the empowered left, under the direction of stateless globalists.

There's no place left for the pendulum to swing. Western Civ either recovers from this bout of madness, or else it disappears and the most aggressive dominant successor culture (either Chinamen or Muslims) will hear about it in history classes.

youtube.com/watch?v=0v5uvkszugk

Man, people say that Sup Forums is just a bunch of neo Nazis that don't know shit about human society. But I bet if they came here and lurked a bit they would find that they are sorely mistaken.

What the fuck is a sjw?
Your a faggot sfw

youtube.com/watch?v=-yFhR1fKWG0

It's actually kind of scary that it came this close. Can you imagine what the West would be like at this VERY MOMENT if Hillary had won?

As an academic id love that, hate the way this shit works nowdays. We are thinkers, not athlethes. Stop making us compete for money

>Things change
>Therefore they'll change again

Really jogged my noggin OP

That's exactly what Moldbug and Nick Land are saying. Democracy and progressivism are vectors that pull society in that direction.

I think we'll need to destroy a lot more than that
Leftist policies will inevitably send countries into collapse. What is happening in Greece now is the future for the west. And as it's reaching the bursting point, we'll start to see revolutions. They may be bloodless, they may not be. Either way, there is a certain standard of living that people are no longer able to accept and Greece is heading to that point at lightning speed. It will be the first to fall, leaving a new order to rise from the ashes. The rest of the West will follow in its wake. We will have a racial and political Renaissance, but it will be at the cost of the futures of millions, perhaps even billions.

But it seems that things will have to come full circle. Greece will be the first in the new, post-Marxist world, and thus it will be the foundation of all western civilization that comes after, just as it was two thousand years ago

Well, happy to have red pilled you

I FUCKING HATE THIS BOARD

>Jews are bad
Bu-ut, but if Trump says they are good, they are good, I-i-i suppose
>Faggots should burn in hell!!!
Mi-mi-miilo is a respectable homosexual
>Child rapist should be hanged and burned alive!!!!!!
But Mi-i-ilo says, says touching kids it's ok if they are mature....

What's next fucking niggers will respectable people? Quran will be our new guide? 9gag will be the best place to post???

Lol his ID is bugchaser. i completely misread this thread it is all garbage and shit. The anti homo one has more truths too. This is a bitch fest

>a bunch of neo nazis

If you're a fascist and don't understand what the phenomena of a paradigm shift is, then you're not a real fascist.

>inb4 hurr implying Evola was a fascist

I get it, Evola wanted warhmammer 40k to become real. Its not going to happen though.

All the bitches love justin. Sad. Many such cases

When you simplify it to that extent, then you're right that it doesn't sound too important. However, I can safely state that most people on this board haven't lived long enough to see any major abrupt global changes. Most have been steadily occurring over time, like a frog slowly being boiled.

A sudden, abrupt paradigm shift would be much more notable.

You know what would really happen, I think? The petrodollar would collapse, meaning petroleum would become really expensive here, which in turn would devastate the population as modern farming is merely a process of using the land to turn oil into food. Then there would be massive dieoffs due to starvation and a lack of ability to heat our homes (and cool them in some regions like the southwest), and along with mass deaths would come a breakdown of the social order (look at Katrina for a preview). The government would be unable to provide order, so police and military would wind up guarding their own enclaves and ensuring their own survival, meanwhile armed bands would start to carve out their own territories elsewhere, and would probably come into conflict with one another and the remnant government forces over time. Eventually these various bands would become powerful enough to assert their own social stability and evolve into real governments in the territory formerly called the United States, probably without much regard to the old geographical boundaries whatsoever. After a few generations these states would be thought of as stable and natural, and would even teach history of how they came to be, and what the world was like in the before-time. Their anthropologists will unearth our textbooks and from them will learn what we learned. They will teach their children of how there was once a thing called the inter-nets where cartoon frogs were used to summon magical beings from the past. We will be dead, but our shitposting will live on forever.

>What happens

People die.

Yeah it sucks man. Just reflect on those who explain why they dont hate certain people or things. Then you look around and see those things in the people these ones ignore. Are they good? This board will hate them. 65 levels of cover stories straw men and lies

The pendelum has swung so far left, that it will start to keep swinging right for ad infinitum

>realize Sup Forums ISN'T a hivemind
>can't fucking even

I like it here because there is no other place with so many parts of a whole human spectrum. It's the whole world society packed in one Cantonese insect cooking forum without any baggage of correctness or human relation background goals.

I think that scrawny tard Moot actually fired up the ultimate human think-tank in it's purest form with Sup Forums.

Nah you just sprung Book of Revelation with your frogs

Age of the gun is ending in our lifetimes.

I've seen the paradigm, "Hard Times, Strong Men, etc." but I never fucking thought how aptly it's portrayed in that political compass. God damn. Really narrowed my almonds

China would disagree on this. Sure there has been government and ideology changes but china as a nation has existed for thousands of years.

WE'RE SWINGING BACK

BRACE FOR IMPACT

I am 22 now but I have been having sex since I was 13. What does that say of me? Should I have done that when I was young? female user here.

Usa is doomed if it doesn't become a authorian country.

Canada is doomed if it don't restore freedom of speech.

You're wrong kek is a manisphistation of the universe. People may not worship him but they certainly do believe in what he represents the chaos god. People do worship him wtf you on about. The meme magic is real but that's just because the universe works in mysterious ways there are powers unknown.

Maybe that's what we need to prevent all these horrible wars

Instead of fighting with people having boots on the ground both the USA and ISIS should just build a bunch of drones and have a robot fight

>Anyway, my point is that I don't think we can take him too seriously considering his mystic ideas.
>the jungian psychoanalytics doesn't fall within my worldview of truth because muh neurology and muh logical positivism meme

Jungian theories on human behavior through mythology is a part of traditionalism, in that there is evidence of the collective unconscious which neurology (a science in its literal infant stage) can't yet understand. Neurology is just as much of a meme as psychology and the "mysicism" you describe is just people studying trends of human behavior as related to history.

When he says "kek" is a subconsiou manifestation of the collective unconscious it means that its symbolism in relation to group though expresses a singular idea which you could predict people will trend towards.

I can go on about this if you like, but people who scoff at Jung calling it "mysticism" have literally no idea what they're talking about, Jung is esoteric as fuck.

Yarr, hes studly.
No homo
He's goinng to fuck the shit out of ivanka, trump will be cucked.

What happens leaf is that (((they))) launch false flags to destroy the pendelum, then erect a new immobile pendelum in their hellish Utopia.

Soros is determined to succeed.

Ok I'm sorry

I think that's Maoist ideology. The Fascists, especially the Italians, did very much the same thing. They said, "look at these great works that your ancestors accomplished. You are the same people today. You can do what they did." It instills a sense of unity, nationalism, and even greatness in people.

But that doesn't make it real.

The truth is that today's China bears very little resemblance to anything that existed even in the colonial period, let alone earlier. What exists today may still call itself the same name, but it's not the same thing at all.

There is literally only one thing determined and that is that nothing, apart from the instinctive human balance seeking, is determined.

i want to know more of this?

what book of jung you recommend for a starter?

>What happens leaf is that (((they))) launch false flags to destroy the pendelum, then erect a new immobile pendelum in their hellish Utopia.
>Soros is determined to succeed.

Actually what Jews do is try to prolong the inevitable enough for them to make bank on, then survive anuddah shoah doing this ad infinitum.

Jews, at least the ashkenazi, are clever as fuck.

chapelofsergeandbacchus.blogspot.ca/2009/02/what-does-bible-say-about-homosexuality.html
>and everything else in your lives and what you are hiding and covering for
>research this link on your own even more and lick my bag

Its okay, i was only kidding.
I love you yanks.

Your lucky we keep them polar bears under wraps tho, they be hungry and on the move.

You do realize that the US has single handedly collapsed the price of oil destryoing all petrodollar economies like brazil, venezuela, russia, etc. The arab nations were prepared for it in more ways than one and didnt really suffer thro it, exacly the opposite, since cashflow was low, it was the perfect time to start some wars and disrupt the competition while increasing your hold over the market.

The US is more than rich enough to pay for the price of oil/biodiesel, saying otherwise is just being uninformed.

The thing is that they dont want to make petrodollar economies rich by burning fuel. It was so much money that it allowed countries like brazil and russia to completely fund a reconstruction of infrastructure and institutional modernization, while at the same time improving health, education and doing welfare for the poor.

But then again that is why you should not be reliant on welfare to keep popularity when its all based on fiat currency backed petrodollar, as soon as the US found a combination of players that would suffer from decreased oil prices that they wanted to hurt they open the fossets and flooded the market with cheap oil.

It worked perfectly in brazil, the govt was overlevereged and it broke us due to our inneficient social welfare system, and with some psyops on top of it the deep state got their coup.

Now it didnt work on russia, it was not massively leveraged on top of its oil companies, and it had huge cash reserves, enough to survive for a decade while readapting their economy to be more modern, flexible, and resistant to economic warfare, so it kind of backfired.

In sum, ultra high oil price as you envision will never happen, there are too many players trying to make money out of oil for it to happen.

What happens is the US breaking the market and collapsing economies soros style using timing and overleverage to swindle different economies

tits or GTFO

Retard
I would have to agree if the driving factor of progress is lead by the majority and the majority of humans are statistically dumb I can see this happening. I think America did so wel for so long was because it forced the really smart people I.e. Founding fathers to create something great but now they are dead and you and I and many others on Sup Forums the potentially great founding fathers would need a war and those of us who survived would be strong enough to build another great society until it eventually decomposes because we were not there to maintain it. What I'm saying is the Jews or whoever runs the world has kept it in such shit. Capitalism needs to go we need a society based on cooperation make it a fucking religion idgaf. That would actually work make a religion society where people help and feed each other or rather find the gene that makes people do evil and either remove the gene from newborn babies or kill off those with the gene.

You what I find funny, its that every single fucking time one of you faggot come out the wood work and implies there is an hivemind, well you defeat your entire argument by speaking about it! You break the very mold you claim everyone here is following, yourself included(if we go by your retarded logic that we are a hivemind)!

cognitive dissonance is a bitch, aint it

I mean if you want to get into Jung and understand the European collective unconscious you're going to have to read into old mythology and Jung himself. I'd say the end goal of Jung is Spengler though.

Spengler really coined the idea that "ideas are manifestations of people" but that does come from the tradition of the anti-Enlightenment thinkers like de maistre and Caryle.

I'd start with "Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious"

Fine. Then he's a Jungian mystic. But that doesn't negate my point that his mysticism is religious in nature, not falsifiable, not science. And he sees it in the most mundane things. Have you watched his Maps of Meaning lecture series on Pinocchio? He applies critical theory to analyze the movie and discuss it as though it's a metaphor that describes all of the human experience. It takes him like 4 2-hour lectures to break down a 90 minute children's movie. And these kids pay university tuition to have him explain it.

Look I definitely thing that symbols obviously have meaning, and how we share and interact with those symbols and their meanings tells us about what people are, and it's even a worthy thing to study from an academic perspective. However, what Peterson does is not study. It's religion. And his holy text is a disney cartoon.

Well, rome didn't exactly fall. It just faded.

>There's no such thing as Kek and Pepe's just a viral idea expressed as a cartoon frog."
Kek is not pleased

>did somebody say paradigm shift?

There's a fundamental difference, the "barbarians" that destroyed Rome were white.
Once the dust (ashes?) settle, Europeans wont be able to rise back up because there wont be any actual Europeans.

thanks for the answer.

Doesn't say good things

When you swing your hips, do your lips clap?

Ignore these philosophers and study deep neuroscience, its better.

read this book

I don't even think it's that. One could argue that Rome didn't even fade, just merely transformed. Even all the way up the fall of the Byzantine empire and past, pretty much all of Western society has been an attempt to either

1. Emulate or adopt Roman (and by extension Greek) traditions and way of doing things
or
2. Bring back/restore the Roman Empire and it's traditions to it's full glory in some way

Even though the Roman Empire and it's Roman citizens and denizens have ceased to exist, it's legacy still somehow manages to persist as a dim flame being passed around through Western society in many forms and fashions.

Well but the thing is that without American military hegemony, the petrodollar cannot exist. And I think that the general trend in the United States (Trump notwithstanding) is to move away from that military hegemony. So if we come to a point where we are not enforcing cheap oil with our forces, then domestically oil prices will necessarily rise. Perhaps to the levels they are right now in Canada. Perhaps much higher than that.

But it's all just speculation anyway, there's no need to get too excited about it.

I would say, however, that the United States executing psyops on Brazil because we're just sort of mean and want to keep you under our thumbs is paranoid, user.