/odg/ Oroville Dam General - Autistic Simulation Edition

>What happened so far
- Main spillway got damaged - because of no maintaining - because Cali thought that they will never have that much water again - because of Muh Climate Change. And they needed the money for illegals.
- They closed the main spillway to inspect the damage
- Because of the closed main spillway, water went over the emergency spillway
- Emergency spillway was in even worse condition and it got BTFO pretty bad
- They opened the main spillway again, so that water doesn't go over the emergency spillway any longer
- Main spillway gets slowly BTFO and half of it is gone. But it is stable at the moment.
- They try to "repair" the emergency spillway because if rain hits hard, water will go over it again (even if they keep the main spillway open) and would rek the dam

> Be careful! There is plenty of old footage marked as livestream!

> Hourly Waterlevel
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?ORO
>Current stream
youtube.com/watch?v=z8PvcfA13P4
>Scanner
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/24979
> Bubbles near emergency spillway!
youtu.be/EqEU2X6yBPk?t=31s
> Pictures
pixel-ca-dwr.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000OxvlgXg3yfg/G00003YCcmDTx48Y/Oroville-Spillway-Damage
> Webcam from the wrong side
parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411
> NoFly-Zone
tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_7_3920.html
> RainRadar
accuweather.com/en/us/oroville-ca/95965/weather-radar/331994
> Reservoir Condition
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
> Wind Map
windytv.com/?39.535,-121.469,12,anCziIF
> Latest Seismograph
earthquake.usgs.gov/monitoring/helicorders/nca/112/latest/
>2013 Damage
sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/02/10/maintenance-records-show-oroville-dam-spillway-previously-patched/
>All reservoir levels
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
>Simulations of flooding
websites.pmc.ucsc.edu/~ward/
Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L1HkfH8jy0I
youtube.com/watch?v=pAnK72x3Ggw
youtu.be/rM38JiyXDU8?t=34
google.com/search?q=new zealand earthquake&rlz=1C1ASUC_enUS684US684&oq=new zealand earthquake&aqs=chrome..69i57.3618j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MCOM here.
We have a spare.

WHO'S HERE WITH ME TIL JUNE IF NEEDED?

I just know snowpackchan will deliver if rainchan doesn't

I NEED HABBENING FUG

i'm here until I adopt gills for breathing

>doubting rainchan
2 days

I want to fuck Aqua.

Heil rainchain.

Pray to Aqua right now!

Make Oro-chan Wet Again!

New livestreams when?

CHECKED BROTHER!
MOWA!

>Digits and a blue id.
Impressive.

Y-you can't just replace me with a spare user :'(

it'll be daylight in around 9 hours

When the fats wake up, 8h roughly.

The day of cleansing, starting with immigrants
youtube.com/watch?v=L1HkfH8jy0I

Whoever was saying river level has increased, it seems you're right. Here is the river level vs outflow. It looks like they turned on the power plant (or sprung a leak, or turned on the power plant flow without monitoring).

Really wish I'd saved those flooding pictures from the Swede a few days back.

That was a few days back.

Who talked about replacing, qt?
There are plenty of battery-chans and I love all of them, light or heavy, lithium or lead-acid.

STAY VIGILANT AND IGNORE ALL VIDF POSTS

I really wonder how much "rover team" is getting paid. Sounds like they get really close to the spillway zones.

What does Riv Rel stand for, I've been assuming river release but where to? Is it river water entering lake or lake water into the river.

Well, looks like she will soil herself all over Cali.
MOWA!

neat

this one yours user? :D

Guys digits confirm happening.

>she starts crying after wetting herself
>sacramento gets a double dose

Reeeeeeroll

Maybe it is what is being released at the diversion dam down stream.

Mate I kek'd so hard I nearly pissed there. That was close. I'm at work too.

We only have the best autists in these threads.

ALERT, ONCE IN A CENTURY STORM CAN HIT NOR CAL TOMORROW

Here's what is causing so much concern: If the atmospheric river stalls, there could be up to a foot of rain in a span of about 36 hours over places that are already flooding—that's a rainfall intensity that isn't expected more than once a century, or even more rare. At risk is the vast network of levees and dams and diversions that literally make modern California what it is, and protect hundreds of thousands of people. If this system is compromised, the scale of disaster would be among the worst in U.S. history. A dire 2011 New York Times magazine piece outlines the scenario. It's not pretty.

The implications of this flood would be huge: If the levee system is breached, Sacramento could have 30ft of flooding, and much of the state's water delivery system could be paralyzed by an influx of saltwater, including much of southern California. Two-thirds of people in the state could lose fresh water. That's not to mention the potential loss of life. Of course, this is not a given based on the latest weather forecast—but the fact that it can't be ruled out should cause everyone in the region to pay close attention.

This is something that should be wall-to-wall national coverage, but I haven't seen circulated much so far. Please help get the word out.

Holy shit there was just an earthquake, im in Wanganui, New Zealand.

So are the other 8 posted some threads ago.
There was also another lead acid on my lap while I was taking the pic.

10/10 would save again.

i suspect it's increased seepage through the dam.

Drone footage from yesterday @ Willows just West of Oroville.
> youtube.com/watch?v=pAnK72x3Ggw

It is known that THIS is what DIDF is hiding.

I'll let you in on a secret.
Her voltage contains repeating numbers.

You might be right about that. The oroville dam empties into the diversion pool, not the river. Also the diversion pool can flow backwards into the dam for energy storage, and the data doesn't ever go negative.

someone a few threads ago posted a weather forecast map that showed 1,000 year rains hitting the oroville catchment basin.

Seepage as in there's a goddamn hole(s) in it I think you mean. Concrete is a permeable membrane, but it's already had a fuckton of water sitting on it for a while.

View of valley from this morning.

fuck, there's just nowhere for the water to go

I assume it's the river bit coming from the dam, the big concrete wall part of it, that the spillway is spilling into

What if underground spillway due to erosion, and once it caves in the dam will be comprimised?

Place 'em

it's an earthen dam. it's not concrete.
the material in the video is less compact, but the principle applies.
it's a normal feature of earthen dams.
youtu.be/rM38JiyXDU8?t=34

HAPPENING

But there's really no reason for that to happen to the dam it self aside from pure coincidence. The hillside where the spillways are would seem to be the concern.

I don't want this to happen but i know it will.
I know kek is a powerful force of chaos, and now I'm concerned that this is too far.
The flooding will kill so many people, and I just don't want that

...that looks like a coastline

They are in some really deep shit. At this rate the water might get high enough to flow over the emergency spillway even with the diverting spillway going at 100%

Have they evacuated the city yet?! There are 16000 living there

Inflow 30k

Didn't save the engineering diagrams from eariler threads, but there is a concrete wall inside the hill to some extent in some places. So it functions more like when you put rebar in your concrete.

But take away enough dirt and it's ogre.

>The valley was later enclosed by the uplift of the Coast Ranges, with its original outlet into Monterey Bay. Faulting moved the Coast Ranges, and a new outlet developed near what is now San Francisco Bay. Over the millennia, the valley was filled by the sediments of these same ranges, as well as the rising Sierra Nevada to the east; that filling eventually created an extraordinary flatness just barely above sea level; before California's massive flood control and aqueduct system was built, the annual snow melt turned much of the valley into an inland sea.

39k in

200k in the danger zone

29out 13.3

Inflows of biblical proportions, 999999999999

i meant in fml

It's too late, they're already dead, they just don't know it jet.

>...that looks like a coastline
It didn't a couple of days ago.

Lol. Inflow goes up n down by twice.

How bad was it?

How long you give it? I give it until Wednesday afternoon for the whole spillway to go.

I'll be conservative and say:

Inflow
> 26,274

That's a replay from days ago.

Fun fact: the main spillway was designed to carry 300k. 100k got it btfo and then then pulled back to 70k. If they run it all the way at 300k there better be a lot of damn cameras in action.

This image is at least two days old, can we get an update?

His canoe turned out to be a good investment

google.com/search?q=new zealand earthquake&rlz=1C1ASUC_enUS684US684&oq=new zealand earthquake&aqs=chrome..69i57.3618j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

WAIT HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE

The dam isn't concrete but FUCKING EARTH?!

That means the damaged spillway is guaranteed to erode and cause the dam to collapse if they don't shut it off!

But if they shut it off then the water will spill over the top. Fuck even as it stands if they empty until the storm gets here and risk breaking the dam, the rain might be enough to still overflow the dam

I'm trying to think of a situation where the dam isn't fucked and I'm not seeing it. I mean fuck even if by some miracle it manages to stay in tact it still has to deal with the run off of five feet of snow

Holy fucking shit

>post yfw he's probably right

>That's a replay from days ago.
I snapped that from this morning.

and they called him crazy.

>1488
>CHECKED

LATER CALIFAGS

ALL OVER FOLKS, WE GOT'EM

150k max. 350k with it wide open AND the emergency spillway.

someone said they saw engineering plans that have a concrete wall in it, but fundamentally yes, it's just a /huge/ dirt and rock pile. from mining tailings.

Ja

Allegedly there's a concrete liner in the middle of the hill, but we're basically looking at a re-enforced earth dam to the side of the real dam.

They've been rerolling old footage for days.

happening is real as fuck!!!!!!!

No. The spillway is a natural hill which means there is bedrock. The actual dam is an earthem dam.

>, the rain might be enough to still overflow the dam
there's the auxiliary spillway that is 20 feet lower than the top of the dam. water just flows over that, but that's in danger of failing, too.
everything about the dam is "fine for now", but has the potential to be catastrophic in the short and long term.

>You're wasting our money on useless crap!
WELL YOU'RE NOT LAUGHING NOW

GO CLIMB A FUCKING MOUNTAIN YOU NIGGERS

From the Dam cam? I watched the sunrise there this morning, at the correct time.

Daily reminder to prove this faggot wrong.

shouldn't u be talking about how the dam is a holographic projection false flag psyop on the surface of the atmosphere by now or somethin

I took a closeup of the bedrock for you

>implying one random /fag/ is going to tell me how earth dams work in face of erosion.

gofuckyourself.jpg

>bedrock
>is actually a waterbed
/comfy/

Check out all this bedrock

>Spooks

wew

River-relative CFS