Did Arthas make the right decision on Stratholme? Or should he have listened to Jaina?

Did Arthas make the right decision on Stratholme? Or should he have listened to Jaina?

inb4 hurr go back to Sup Forums
It's politics related because it involves a leader deciding it's better to purge his people to prevent them from being enslaved.

Arthas was a red-pilled patriot, Uther a blue-pilled #AllLivesMatter dork.

>playing vidya

He cucked himself to the lich king and fucked over his entire people, how is he a red pilled patriot

I'm talking about that particular decision. After that he lost his mind, shades of Hitler really

The entire city was infected, I guess they could have quarantined and allowed the city to become an undead fortress, but that would have presented a massive problem.

In real life, the city would have just been quarantined and that would be that, but considering the undead were raising an army, a pre-preemptive attack before the people turned was a good decision.

I guess one could compare it to the nuclear bombs on Japan, a land invasion would have taken more lives in the end. Waiting for the undead to bolster their forces would have not only have killed the people of Stratholme, but would have taken more soldiers as well.

He was right there. They all would've become ghouls which is worse than a regular death in multiple ways.
Still, this extreme measure was a further step for him towards away from his principles as a paladin.

Funny because if they had followed Arthas order then they would probably been fine.

The only bad decision was acting like a sperg when explaining the situation to Uther.

His actions violated the NAP, he was in the wrong.

I miss playing World of Warcraft

Absolutely.
How is letting all the undead roam free in the city and outside of it the better version?

Why are modern games so shit?

>we have to bring back law and order. And weather we bring back purges in places like Stratholme, it will very well and bring the crime rate way down. We have ghouls roaming the streets eating people and we have to be strong and vigilant. And right now our paladins are afraid of doing anything.

It was the right thing. Him being abandoned by everyone to shoulder all the weight alone because they were pussies is what ultimately caused the bad things to happen later.

Since the later lore basically confirms that becoming undead damns your soul to eternal suffering, Arthas did the right thing to kill as many as he could before they turned.

>Him being abandoned by everyone to shoulder all the weight alone
100% this

Purging Stratholme was right thing to do, it was basically everything he did after that made him a baddie.

arthas did everything to protect lordaeron , from stratholme to that sword in the end.

also remind me what did jaina and uther tell him he should do about he city ?. like the people were all infected already did jaina and uther want him to wait until he's overwhelmed by undead ?.

> city would have just been quarantined
the infection spreading out wasnt much of a threat,the cultists were already in other cities spreading it .the problem was the undead themselves .

if he blockaded the city the undead would just wait until the whole city turned before attacking him and he would have no chance .

its either purge the city or run away.

Doesn't matter. There was no alternative.

kind sage

The alternative was to not alienate his gay ass friends.

He didn't know that londaeron was doomed from the start. Maybe if he listend to medivh he wouldn't have made such shitty choices

Nope. He was an idiot. He killed people who might not have been affected.

The way to solve all that bullshit was to simply WAIT a few minute to hours, and see if people actually turned. Sort everyone, cull those infected, etc. Removing Uther because he was a spoiled, impatient shitter only made it clear he was a retard. Seriously. fucking just waiting.

All he did was get depressed. Then a magic sword brainwashed him.
If he hadn't used the sword then they would have eventually been beaten.

Everyone else fucked up by just ignoring the problem. It's not like Uther had an alternate solution, he just went home while a dreadlord was fucking everything up.

Okay you spastic mongrel; chew on this

At that point his decision wasn't very important. Because we put trust on his leading skills. Even if it was vice-versa we wouldn't question it at all because we believe Arthas has to be right.

Even if Arthas claimed that city shouldn't be purged but my entire battalion and I must be bent down and fucked by infected citizens this will stop them. You would believe or give a chance anyways.

Decisions do not matter, Giver of the decision matters.

If his cucked friends didn't turn their back on him and HWNDU SJW bullshit on him he might not of had to follow the path he did after Stratholme.
Arthas did the right thing he literally did nothing wrong except lose to faggots in WoW.

What bothers me is that the entire set up is so contrived especially since Uther, being an old man accustomed to the horrors of war "He fought in the first war against the Orcs didnt he?" should know better.

Their whole breaking with Arthas made him depressed, and without Uther and the girl who wanted to fuck him as a moderating influence he was corrupted. So really, their action, or realistically inaction directly led to Arthas becoming the Lich King.

When I saw your flag I imagined the horrors of being white in Lille or Paris.... You need some paladins of your own.

It would take a cucked hippie ass nightelf to blindly believe someone you never met before and abandon your nation on those words.

No. He would have saved more people had he listened to Uther and kept his paladins under his command

What was the other option other than purging Strathholme?

He was right as far as I can see.

Best games of all time

1. Deus Ex
2. Warcraft 3

slaughtering innocents is not very paladiny thing even as a preventive measure. Arthas was already at the point of no return at that point.

I'd rather spare innocents from walking undead.
Purge the town and move on.

Google Elysium Project.

Did Garithos do anything wrong?
Other than allowing some demon worshiping edgeelves into their army

First of all its not the fucking real World, if he took some of the people from loderon they would have been saved.

Secondly medivh turn from a fucking crow into a man infront of him. Clearly there is something more than meets the eye is going on, especially when people are turning undead and shit. He should have propably stopped and listened lol

Arthas did make the right call, but he could've been smarter about it.

He could've ordered Uther to stay and monitor Stratholme and deal with the ghouls accordingly, while Jaina goes to ask for help from Dalaran and Arthas goes forward with his investigation.

The problem was most definitely Uther. If Uther didn't disobey a royal order, Jaina would've sided with Arthas. Fuck Uther.

You prevent those innocents from becoming sinful tools who will get to see themselves commit evil acts and eat dead bodies and shit.
Fuck that if I was a pally I would of stayed by Arthas' side.

this

He did save lordaeron though.
He just had to give up his soul to do it.
I don't know how abandoning your post could ever be the right choice, Uther fucked everything up.
Every villager turns into a zombie. Even if they didn't there is a dreadlord razing the city at the same time. Everyone in that city was dead no matter what Arthus did

>man turns into a crow
>jaina can turn people into sheep
>can cast spells, blessings himself

yeah in a fantasy setting thats saturated with magic I'm just going to listen to some weirdo who can polymorph himself

>Did Arthas make the right decision on Stratholme? Or should he have listened to Jaina?

Hmm... That's a tricky one, OP. Pussyfoot around the issue of an entire city being less than 24 hours tops from becoming completely zombified after having their foodstuffs infected with a mystical plague of undeath while the cult and a number of abominations lay waste to the remaining defenders, or indiscriminately massacre those who could've been infected to stop the former from happening.

Really gets the old neurons firing.

Jaina was wrong here, and then she goes on to trust the orcs and gets Theramore destroyed.
Blonde, blue eyed, suicidal naivety towards savage immigrants, she's like Sweden personified.

If it was not the right thing to do, then the Light would have abandoned him. It stayed with him until he pulled Frostmorne. It was Jaina and Uthers failings that created the Litch King.

Yep. Ironically, Thrall might be the biggest cuck in all of the lore. I mean, he set his people free from concentration camps, just to put them in the middle of a harsh desert with razor winds to "humble" them, because he's got Orc-guilt.

>The Arthas Dilemma

Thanks for the tip user, can you give insight on how that works? I found nothing on the website

ITT: vidya gaem faggots

And one run of the mill faggot

The Warcraft series is basically a more popular, discount Warhammer. Kind of surprised it's been this long since this kind of thread came up.

Doesn't that end up making Orcs stronger as a race though? If we took the plot armour away from the Alliance, the orcs would dominate everyone.

go to "play now" on the dropdown menu via the website and follow the instructions. I'm not gonna shill their project.

>Everyone in that city was dead no matter what Arthus did

Exactly. The only meaningful difference was thas Arthas decision crushed his army's morale and created an internal division in leadership at the worst possible time. A better leader would have prioritised maintaining cohesion in the ranks at such a crucial time

How do you faggots remember all this shit, do you still play Warcraft?

thats just shitty Wow retcons. The light gives power to anyone who has strong faith.

Source for this claim?

t. projecting kiwi

>He did save lordaeron though.
Also this is not true

>Doesn't that end up making Orcs stronger as a race though?

Oh, fuck no. It almost wiped out the population of Durotar during The Shattering.

I have crippling autism, and I used to be a full-time role-player. I have a library of useless knowledge in my head that would make Nobbel and Doron look like basic bitches.

So they should have sat and watched a city get razed and it's people zombified knowing they would have to fight an army of those exact zombies right after so Uther wouldn't get hurt feelings?
How is that not Uthers failure

Sounds like me when I tried to talk politics at 16 years old

I never though of it this way.

Don't post until you have lurked for at least 6 years
He defeated the existential threat. After that he is effectively dead and a new existential threat arrives using his body as a proxy.

He could have explained himself much better but it was the correct course of action.

prob because it's dumb

faggit

Tks user

>Oh, fuck no. It almost wiped out the population of Durotar during The Shattering.
How could anyone have foreseen the Shattering, though?

I used to roleplay too, but I played an ignorant lower-class enlisted soldier type. So much fun triggering autismos by being a dumbass IC like claiming the orcs are all evil fel-corrupted greenskins who need to be wiped off Azeroth and pushed back through the portal so they could stay there with their demon overlords.

Every time there's some orc apologist, self-titled grand sage wizard, copy-pasting lines from WoW wiki because they have to be right all the time, even in a fictional environment.

>>>v
Its a vidya game. It belongs to v

You aren't seeing things in perspective.
For Arthas, it's not a matter of who's right, it's a matter of knowing his subjects and how will they respond to his commands. He SHOULD have predicted Uther would freak out, and shouldn't have pushed him that hard, even believing he's in the right, and should have factored this in before making a hasty decision which proved to be disastrous

Uther and Muradin were bluepilled cucks. Arthas overdosed on red pills and ended up cucking himself.

Jaina is a woman and therefore her opinion is irrelevant.

Everyone was in the wrong.

>Everyone was in the wrong.
Not everyone

Possibly, but not likely.

Arthas took the black pill

this

I think what was supposed to be the 'dilemma' of this particular moment, is that not only were these people still in their right mind while getting murdered painfully, Arthas himself had to bear the imagery and pain of killing people who were still people.

This was actually slightly better handled than Blizzards other 'corruptions'

Aldaris and Admiral Proudmoore stand out in particular as very righteous people who were called evil for plot purposes.

>slaughtering innocents
They were already dead due to being infected with the plague. He was saving them from the void.

If you die as undead, your soul is basically fucked. It's why sylvanas is so interested in a cure.

WAY better to die as a human. He was actually helping them out and doing the right thing by slaughtering them.

>can't even link to other boards
>telling people what they can and can't post
That's still Uthers failure. He's supposed to be Arthus' mentor not a pussy that needs coddling

Kill em all.

>being swedish

No one could've foreseen the Shattering, but anyone with basic survival skills could tell you why setting up Orgrimmar in the harshest desert of central Kalimdor with winds so terrible they rip off the rooftops is a bad idea.

I personally went as the interim Blood/Stone Guard type that was just content to share in the glory of battles and adventures. At a certain point, I realized there was no point in shooting high, shooting low, or really trying to maintain consistency with lore, given that Blizzard changed it every other expansion.

this over 9000 times

>"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."

>"You have always been naive, my daughter. You aren't old enough to remember what these monsters did to our homeland. The orcs and their kin cannot be trusted. They must be exterminated, like the mongrels they are!"

>"I understand more than you suspect, my Dear. Perhaps in time, you will too. Seize them all!"

sounds oddly relevant to sand kangz and kangz

>Jaina literally betrayed her father to subhuman savages
>her city and people get destroyed by them later
K A R M A

>Jaina defends the orcs because 'he dindu nuffin' even after they destroy her home
>She builds a new home and THAT gets destroyed by them too
MFW her story was a redemption arc all along

>That's still Uthers failure. He's supposed to be Arthus' mentor not a pussy that needs coddling

So what? Arthas IS the general. He has a kingdom to save. Wether Uther may let his pride or feelings affect his judgement is irrelevant. Arthas can't afford to do the same.

Or did he go MGTOW?