Business owners stand by decision to fire workers who protested

>cnn.com/2017/02/20/us/workers-fired-day-without-immigrants/index.html

>Jim Serowski said his employees told him they planned to skip work on Thursday to participate in "A Day Without Immigrants," the nationwide day of protest.
>Serowski, founder of JVS Masonry in Commerce City, Colorado, said his message to them was clear and unwavering: "If you're going to stand up for what you believe in you have to be willing to pay the price."
>As promised, when his foreman and some 30 brick layers failed to show up for work he fired them all with no regrets, he said.
>He insisted it had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with business.
>"They were warned, 'if you do this you're hurting the company, and if you go against the team you're not a member of the team.'"

>Bill McNally, owner of "I Don't Care Bar and Grill" in Catoosa, Oklahoma, said his 12 line cooks gave him no heads up that they planned to participate in the day of action. They didn't even call to say they were not coming in.
>Consequently, he said they were fired just like anyone else who's a no-show for work.
>Six of the fired Hispanic immigrant workers told CNN affiliate KTUL they felt they had been unfairly terminated. They wanted to stand in solidarity with other immigrants but they did not think it would cost them their jobs, a translator for the group told KTUL.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a bunch of entitled, selfish privileged pricks only thinking about muh feelings. You come to America to work? Then fucking work. Don't hurt your fucking employer who gave you your goddamn jobs, by refusing to show up when you're needed.

Other urls found in this thread:

wrongfulterminationlaws.com/resources/wrongful-termination-law/state-job-termination-laws/colorado.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=8viajEw1D0U&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Live in Denver, and can confirm. Colorado is an "at will" state. Meaning, unlike Cuckifornia, an employer can fire you for what ever reason they wish.

>Liberals complain that immigrants are taking jobs no one else would want and that them being hard working proves that we need them.
>Liberals complain that immigrants are fired for not doing their jobs and claim business should continue to pay immigrants that don't show up to work without calling.
Really gets my noggin joggin.

>They wanted to stand in solidarity with other immigrants but they did not think it would cost them their jobs

What's really sad, is that in the article, the first guy supported immigrants. See quote below:

>But Serowski said it was a slap in the face to people like him who have long supported immigrant labor. He's known many of his employees for nearly two decades, ensuring they were paid when he did not have work for them.
>"I've gone above and beyond for these people," he said, seemingly distraught. "No one is going to dictate how my company is run."

So basically, despite taking care of his employees, they gave him a big Fuck You and a huge slap in the face, just to prove some intangible point.

It doesn't quite work that way.

wrongfulterminationlaws.com/resources/wrongful-termination-law/state-job-termination-laws/colorado.htm

This is why organized labour exists immigrant shits. Of course illegals would have hard trouble getting in it anywhere else in the world but America.

Good, more jobs for us.

Rofl. You have it backwards.

California is totally at-will employment. Apparently unlike Colorado lolFag.

I can't wait to see what happens in March when the libs are trying to introduce their "day without women" bullshit.

My department is 7 women plus me, and I guarantee that two or three of them will be no-call/no-shows because they're so incredibly liberal.

As the active safety officer, it will be my duty to report them for putting the entire organization at risk. SAD!

Like a spoiled brat who knocks their veggies off their plate and expects Mom and Dad to replace it with cake

>Name of the restaurant is literally "I don't care bar and grill"

What were they honestly expecting?

As the article indicates due to Federal laws no state is completely at-will.

There is no way that skipping work can be construed as unfair dismissal.

i love the idea behind that name:
>Where do you want to eat tonight?
>oh i don't care
very clever.

Why don't these people just call out? Have they never heard of a sick-out?

>Women cry that there aren't enough women being hired.
>Workplaces hire a bunch of women
>Women don't come in to work in order to protest
>Organizations/companies lose millions of combined dollars, potentially miss huge business opportunities, all because of muh feelings and muh women in the workplace
>Women who protested are all fired, replaced with men who won't do retarded stuff like that
>Women can no longer find anyone willing to hire them

Is this ironically how we go back to stay at home wives/moms?

Local 9144 San Jose California here.

Half of our union is illegal spics with fraudulent dox that claim 9 deductions on their w2 form to exempt them from paying taxes.

Illegal beaners are stealing $50 an hour jobs that also include retirement pension and annuity and Healthcare and vacation funds, and not paying taxes.

Go prep your bull, eurotrash.

>Tfw liberals went from supporting labor unions to supporting illegal workers.

> TFW waiting for tfw labor unions realize what liberals are doing.

>Thinking some bar in Oklahoma was going to cuck to liberal faggots

The business owner should be put in jail for hiring them in the first place. legal or not.

I don't know how it works in your country but as an example we can take time off for jury duty. If we were fired for that then the employer would be in legal hot water.

This.

THIS!!!! One million trillion (yous for you).

because that defeats the purpose of their liberal outcry.

what i don't get is what is this trying to accomplish. While I don't agree with any of these walk-outs, I understand why immigrants did it. They wanted to show the world what it would be like if all immigrants were deported on the same day, how it would effect the economy. But nobody ever said they're going to fire women or deport them.

women just don't have original ideas, and now they're doing this bullshit because they want to goosestep to other liberal things without thinking about the consequences.

Let's see a day without white men. This country would crumble.

If they're legal, why should he be jailed? Just because they're immigrants? Don't be an idiot.

>literally cost your employer money
>WTF WHY AM I FIRED

Might as well punch a cop and then wonder why you're under arrest.

You still have to say something like "hey I have jury duty tomorrow, I won't be in". You can't just simply fail to show up for work with no explanation.

>IDC Bar and Grill

based bar owners. If you are around the area be sure to support them

Fuck me sideways. Even raging feminists have been smarter than this and only boasted about skipping a day.

What the fuck, spics

百花齊放 Let a hundred flowers bloom

Are you alzheiming or something?

Exactly.

Look, I get wanting to protest, making a point, standing for what you believe in, but as Serowski said, skipping work hurts the company.

If you can't trust your employees to take into consideration the wellbeing of the very place that employs them, then they are a liability to you, and every other employee in that company.

We had one guy where I work, who just flat out did not care if he did a bad job. Had we not let him go, he would have wound up sullying our company's reputation to the point that other businesses wouldn't want to work with us.

You can explain it after the fact.

Sick of the media bullying you?
Sick of being the butt of racist jokes that are apparently socially acceptable?
Tired of liberals telling you that you are the problem with the world?
Let's show them who is REALLY the boss...
>March 6-10
>A week without straight white males
>AKA the end of the world

Are you having a stroke?

But we won't do that because we've got responsibility and shit

>Oh I knew I had jury duty for a month, I forgot to tell you
>You didn't have a problem with me not showing up with no explanation, and my phone turned off in the courtroom, did you?
Really?

Couldn't this business sue CNN anyways? They didn't do anything illegal, and there's a reasonable expectation that by creating a non-story like this that there could be monetary damage or even physical violence as a result. It's irresponsible journalism.

>hey boss, we did it for this liberal fantasy
>damage done
>get fired anyway

I doubt it. First of all, the business owners interviewed willingly and gave statements. Secondly, if we go down the road you're suggesting, then we wouldn't be able to have ANY kind of news, real or fake.

If a business can't go a day without being open then it is just a matter of time, such as an economic downturn, before it is out of business. It is basically teetering on the brink of collapse. Besides firing much of your staff for one missed day will cost you more than that one missed day. Repopulating your staff takes a lot of time.

>Emanuella Grinberg
OY VEY GOYIM

>a translator for the group
>translator
Throw their employer across a border fence with them too for employing obvious illegals. Unless they where legals, then also throw saboteurs, who give work permission to burger flippers needing a fucking translator.

Hardly. This isn't a newsworthy story and literally the only justification for its existence is to provoke protesters.

Also, I didn't say anything about illegal. They're free to report on it. They're also free to be sued for any damages as a result of the story.

>alwais right

>I never worked in foodservice and had to work an understaffed shift because someone flaked out and didn't show up

You have a very good point. Letting go of employees that have worked at your company, as Serowski said, for nearly 20 years, letting them go and hiring completely new people will take a lot of time and money investing in their training, etc, with no guarantee that they will work out.

noyb you dirty sod.

Most of the time jury duty doesn't last that long.

Most small businesses already operate at a loss.

And stop pretending like these are just faceless businesses. They have owners. Those owners are real people and employees behaving like this directly costs them money. Real money.

Only hire American motherfucker!!!

they sure are living up to their name

>you need immigrants!
>fire immigrants
>b-but you needed us!

>those 3 counties to the left

what the fuck burgers ?

hi

That's not the point he's making, retard. You get notified of jury duty a month beforehand. Therefore. you have a month to notify your boss.

Well, okay. If we compare this article to the recent hit pieces on Pewdiepie, then I still disagree since this CNN article in no way said anything like "Racist Employers fire immigrant workers over their right to peaceful protest".

The headline was plain, matter-of-factly stated, and didn't invoke any additional emotions through subjective words or biased labels.

There is another issue. It is very hard almost impossible to get people who aren't on drugs to work blue collar jobs. The search can take a long time and all that drug testing adds up.

Jury duty will still usually hold you for half a day, there's always that one faggot with all the charts who wants to be his own lawyer.
You still don't seem to comprehend the problem with FUCKING NOT SHOWING UP FOR MULTIPLE HOURS WITH NO EXPLANATION.

I dont think you know what "at will" meams yiu cant just be fired because you looked the wrong way at someone

Those 'workers' behave like children with none of the charm, that type is never thankful, and will resent the boss for being rich enough to hire them in the first place.

True story, I worked in a festival one summer. It was common for the company to hire some people over 18, and some under. In Canada it is legal to hire people between the ages of 16 and 18 and paid those people less, the idea is to give young people a heads up even though they have no experience, and their hours of work is restricted so they won't be overworked.

Our white bosses went above and beyond in babying those teenage boys from Somali, lunch was free, we were only suppose to take one free lunch, but the boss didn't issue a crack down till the boys was leaving uneaten food lying around the rest area where the permanent employees sleep in their trailers.

They were so lazy they basically while around the day playing basically and dancing to rap 'music'. In hindsight, I might have contributed to the problem, I did all of their work and I didn't complain, I was paid more after all, and they were just 'boys'. One day I got sick of it, and I was literally sick, and I asked boss if I could have the next day off, and they said, okay. I was off the next day, and it was immediately apparent that those black boys cannot work. Now they are supervise, and they hate it, and still make sure to 'work' very slowly. Ask for advance pay, squander advance pay.

In addition to free lunch, a superviser also brought the boys free ride tickets so they could go on coasters during the break - they weren't thankful - they disrespected her, they probably made her a racist at the end of the summer! She started out generous, like a grandmother, at the end, she was telling me, "some people, some culture, they don't respect women", it's true, they won't listen to the female supervisor or the female boss, AND, they just don't work. At the end, the boss says, "They are never coming back".

Good on him for taking his own stand and firing them, then. Perhaps hire some Americans.

whats the problem faggot? looks based as fuck. Are you triggered you scandinavian cocksucker?

>despite taking care of his employees, they gave him a big Fuck You and a huge slap in the face
You burn the coal, you pay the toll. You drill the oil, you get the boil. You hire illegal, they're gonna bleed you. They came here out of selfishness, with disrespect for this nation, and hatred of it's citizens. They came here to cheat and steal. Everyone who overlooks this, for their own profit or sentimentality, deserves what they get, from the beaners or the government landing on their heads.

I'm surprised more people don't hold rallies to protest places that hire immigrants. That's what the Left would do, and it works for them, so why tie our hands in this fight?

Well, I don't have any problems with legal immigrants.

I have problems with idiots, and illegal immigrants. There's also plenty of idiot legal immigrants.

My grandma was an immigrant who came to the US from Ukraine during WW2, but she did so legally, so perhaps I'm a little biased.

>a translator for the group

Nobody is trying to deport immigrants. You misunderstand. People here illegally are being deported. Nobody even knows who they really are. They have no legitimate identification.

Your image is the real kicker. La Raza believes they are occupying "rightful mexican land" in a legitimate attempt to claim it back from the gringos. Shit is fucking laughable.

When you are summoned for jury duty your summons contains a form and specific instructions to present said form to your employer weeks before you must appear. Then, if you actually get put on a jury you are given yet another letter to present to your employer, and another one when your service is over with your specific start and end dates. Each time you are specifically instructed to inform your employer. You would never just randomly leave work without saying anything to report for jury duty.
t. Former trial juror

>are land
jesus

>I don't have any problems with legal immigrants.
We don't need any immigrants, period. We need all Americans to succeed. We're full now, the rest of the world can Make Themselves Great now.

>Hey, you know what? Let's skip work because of some hashtag that gained some traction to protest Trump without telling my boss
>"Where the fuck were you yesterday?!"
>Didn't you know, it was #daywithoutimmigrants!
>You're fired
>W-what?

I can't exactly create a #daywithoutwhitepeople, gain a few retweets and expect to be excused to purposely skip work

I'm pretty sure the only thing I did was call out for jury duty and they paid me for the days.

I don't get how you can live in the currant year and not know a little bit of English. English IS FUCKING EVERYWHERE. Movies, TV, books etc. Everybody is exposed to English in all 4 corners of the world. If you don't know at least a little you are either lazy or just a dimwit. It is the world language of our time and refusing or not trying to learn English is shooting yourself in the foot.

If you don't punish them, what's to stop them from skipping another set of days to protest some "liberal cause"? It's a slippery slope here.

>long supported immigrant labor
anti-American, anti-White

>linking to cnn without an archive
kill you'reself

shit video
youtube.com/watch?v=8viajEw1D0U&feature=youtu.be

Anyone can have commiefornia, fuck em.

>Thursday
>A Day Without Immigrants
Friday
Job fair for Americans

I've had it with people like YOU. For every negative immigrant story, there are 5 positive ones but you only choose to selectively tell us the bad story. Congratulations! You've got a reaction from me. That's what you wanted, right? Well, I've decided that I don't like people like you. You've messed with the wrong psychopath. Before you get excited, you haven't even made me angry. I am a hard person to make angry. However, I despise people like you. Your pitiful right-wing conspiracy anti Semitic talks are hilarious. Yeah, keep Spewing your racism, transphobia, and other fucked up bigotry and putting up proxies are level 1. Can you hack into encrypted micro files? Can you tear through firewalls without leaving a digiprint? Can you launch malicious scipt attacks? Your silly little proxie won't protect you. I have hacked into many computers and spied on many users from here. I've hacked into games. I've been hacking since I've owned a computer. It's what I was raised to do. You have no idea the extent of fear you should be feeling. All you are is a community filled with neo nazi lies and spewing your sexist and racist poison into the well of the people's right to diversity! I have no empathy for you lot and would enjoy peeling the skin off your white faces!!!. You think I'm giving you all an empty threat? Believe that. I have contacts in dark places that you don't want to know about. If you live near me then fear for your life. Track my ip if you want too but I am smart enough to use my tablet. Hack into my account if you want too, it'll just make it easier to find you.

>You can explain it after the fact.

T. underage faggot that has never had a job.

>stealing
explain how
someone has to appoint them

>Go prep your bull, eurotrash.
americans obsessed with cuck fantasies as usual

this is the same in any normal country
jury duty is a legal obligation (unless you have a good reason not to do it)
i did jury duty last year, was pretty interesting actually

if the graph on the left is correct, the red section of the graph on the right would be much larger

>TFW waiting for tfw labor unions realize what liberals are doing.
The rank and file know the score. The guys running the unions are all about one world government and all that shit. You should see out newsletters from the international. Fucking disgusting.

>Like a spoiled brat who knocks their veggies off their plate and expects Mom and Dad to replace it with cake
Perfect.

Succinct summaries of liberal idiocy like this are why I come here. I can always count on Sup Forums to cut ruthlessly to the heart of the point, and crack me up too.

No because it is listing immigration not population growth.

You left out the part where the immigrant blacks and browns start a official political party that calls for the killing of whites.

HH

yes, I suppose I did

>Illegal beaners are stealing $50 an hour jobs that also include retirement pension and annuity and Healthcare and vacation funds, and not paying taxes.

Fellow Commiefornian, I've seen it too. And in my town, families I KNOW are on welfare (I work for the city) are riding around in Cadillac SUVS playing with expensive cellphones, blah blah blah. These items purchased with the profits from drug empires they run on the side. All beaners, ok and a few more-enterprising-than-usual niggers.

Meanwhile a hardworking fortysomething friend of mine who was legit blinded in a traffic accident which was not his fault has to somehow survive now on shitty disability bennies of 1,500 a month. IN CALIFORNIA.

Our system is so, so fucked.

>a translator for the group told KTUL

Fuck these people. I hope they all get deported.

>Let's see a day without white men.
now THIS would be interesting

Good. Let him learn how fleeting and superficial their loyalties to us are (though with a name like Serowski, chances are he's (((us))) and not us).