TEEN SUICIDE

Why are teens very likely to commit suicide ?
tell me the risk factors, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth#Reports_and_studies
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/481699.
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's a meme the most at risk are older men
and even then suicide is very unlikely

checked.
then how come teens are more susceptible when they have everything? free house,food,education,etc?

this go away op u got your answer

Gays are generally pretty unhappy and is the driving factor in increasing youth suicide rates.

>Numerous studies have shown that lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth have a higher rate of suicide attempts than do heterosexual youth.
>The Suicide Prevention Resource Center synthesized these studies and estimated that between 30 and 40% of LGBT youth, depending on age and sex groups,
>have attempted suicide, a rate 1.5-3 times higher than heterosexual youth.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth#Reports_and_studies

they want to be heroes

Although thats a bit misleading, should be a category 13-19 since not many 5 year old kill themselves

pretty unhappy? even after all the libshit movements in the west?

what i am not able to understand is that how come teens have such a high rate of suicide (12.5 as stated in ) when they have the most freedoms in the past 2 decades? it just doesn't add up

Hormones give them new and difficult to handle emotions and they're just old enough to begin realizing the world is an inherently absurd, dark place.

Am gay, can confirm.
In fact I killed myself when I was 15.

Here is another study I found jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/481699.
Trying to explain why is going to be hard, many posters here on pol would blame the 'jews' and their plan to take over western civilization with critical theory reducing both genders into pretty much the same, to destroy the family values. Not sure if I'm ready to swallow that redpill just yet, but that's a theory.

Basically this, noone's giving him enough attention at the most edgy time of their life.

They are medicated into trances to encourage them to do so.

Why not?

in your country my guess would be due to too much pressure for students?

They have less appreciation of life and awareness of what the fuck they're doing. Basically they're retarded and acting on emotion, while older people even depressed ones sorta grasp that suicide is a wrong fucking choice to make.

They might seem like they have everything, but they also come to the realization that they are not going to have that forever. The transition from teenage life to adult life is really daunting and complicated. You have everything except experience, and without experience you will not be able to have a sense of mastery over your adult situation. The complexity and unpreparedness for what you feel you're supposed to be weighs down your mind and breaks it, leading you to want the easy way out.

most freedoms in the past decade
freedom to choose their education, freeloading off of parents until late teen years, etc

this

It could also be that the spring of homosexuality is a part of the behavior sink at the peak of a population.
Here's a very interesting experiment: youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments

mgtow could pretty much be compared to 'the beautiful ones' top kek

Suicide is particularly common in people who feel they have no control over their life, often if there is a particularly big change for the worse like divorce, job loss etc.
Puberty is a pretty big change, and going from being considered and treated as children to becoming adults, its a very unstable time for most people, if things go particularly badly it ends up in suicide

I'd say it's because in the modern age the adult life is even more soul-wrenching then it's ever been and the future is as bleak as ever. For them, there is no reason to continue past high school as life will be nothing but meaningless trite work and utter disappointment. Similar to how we wait for the Happening, they understand that without such drastic changes modern life is utter bullshit and the cons outway the pros.

Older people have lived in good times, with happy work and good jobs that are fulfilling. The new generation will not get that and they know it.

creature comforts arent everything

sounds about right
so basically their own weak psychology pushes them so far back that they would rather end themselves rather than do the bare minimum in order to become adults?

way too much dude.
not kidding, a kid wanted to get a 98+ in his final High School exam to get into a top uni. he got a 96 and was so upset he hung himself.
thats why they made the movie 3 idiots

The teenage brain is in a state of physical flux and remodeling. That physical changing process by consequence causes instability. For instance, emotions get wild while the logical control centers are partially in operative and can't properly counter balance.

This is just the physical way it is and all teenagers have to suffer through this. But not all survive the brain's remodeling if their mental state tips out too far as to get into a depression feedback loop, and suicide.

There is really nothing that can be done to alleviate this process without screwing up the person who comes out at the other end, except to supply them a strong family unit and morals, which can act as a replacement for the fluxing mental centers. It is a physical metamorphosis like any other and must run its course--any mental extreme will designate them such as coddling them too much or being too adversrially strict.

In summary, teenage sucks.

Thing is, the "bare minimum" can seem extremely hazardous if they have no experience to work from. Especially if they are naturally neurotic, and tend to see the bad in things instead of counting their blessings. A lot of intelligent teenagers are perfectionists, they want to be successful real bad, and they feel that if they can't be the best at something then it's not worth doing. This self imposed pressure is a downward spiral that leads to procrastinating, overthinking, and loss of opportunities. By the time reality catches up to them they realize they have wasted many chances and that crushes their perfectionist ego. Their ideal self has been killed in their mind, so they stop trying at all.

Because it's when they realise how shitty life really is unless you're born into a rich family.

made the most sense so far. thanks

i watched 3 idiots myself lmao
aamir khan's films are pretty good

rich families tend to produce teen suiciders too. basically living a rich lifestyle alienates them from the rest of the common kids, so they get bullied just as much

he takes his films quite seriously. does most films about social issues unlike the other unholy crap we call 'bollywood'

One of my fave bands good taste op

Being queer is the number one reason teens commit suicide.

I'm okay with that, let them die.

Because they're young and stupid enough to think it solves anything.

Risk factors:
>browsing Sup Forums
>anime
>supporting Drumpf

>on Sup Forums
>hence supports trump
>hence believes he'll make anime real
its all connected

I personally feel the same way. I am currently in a programming class not working and browsing pol because I either get it or I don't. If i can't make it work the way I wanted why bother. This is a terrible mindset that I have, and I want to change. I just do not know how change myself so I can change my Future.

but what IF these 3 factors keep me from killing myself?

exact same here.
mom told me the best way is to start attacking your mindset: change the "what's the point" to "why not" and go from there.
Not only does that change your perspective, it also gives you a little motivation to try something new with your life.

They're not faggot. Media wants to paint that picture. Go shit in a street.

You're clearly a teen asking a valid question on the wrong board but I'll bite.

Your brain is undergoing through a chemical/physical transformation like someone else pointed out. As a result, you're going to be quite over the place.

And considering the fact that you're learning to be less cuddled since you're no longer a cute kid but rather an annoying teenager. So you're going to be a bit more critical on yourself along with being unaware of the other factors at play which will usually only be taught through obtained wisdom or learning.

Not to mention, you'll likely learn that adults can be wrong/immature/emotionally weak despite being taught otherwise your entire life. I find that most teens get shocked at this fact and take a while to process it since no one directly reveals this fact.

So you're pretty much in a changing state of mind and some people can't handle that for various reasons.

Teens are dicks to one another.

Experience has become a bore.
Yet, no matter what one does to the vessel that carries oneself
it cannot empty.
The ride is forever. Doomed to blow about the earth like dust in the wind. You can always drink to forget.

`Emotional part of the brain isn't fully developed. I think environmental toxins contribute, as well.