Given what we know about the two and how they were both 'mildly molested' as children...

Given what we know about the two and how they were both 'mildly molested' as children, is there anything in their character or behaviour that we could suspect as being a trait mainfested by their sexual abuse?

I don't want to create a witch-hunting/bashing thread, as I believe we need to take child abuse VERY seriously, as well as critically understand how child abuse may manifest itself as the victim grows older.

I believe if we can try and better understand Milo and Dawkins behaviours, it may help us later in better identifying signals and signs of child abuse.

>short interview with Richard Dawkins
youtube.com/watch?v=6JSUZtJECRI

>short interview with Milo Yiannopoulos
youtube.com/watch?v=d1Qao3A4yU4

Other urls found in this thread:

ritualabuse.us/research/sexual-abuse/how-childhood-sexual-abuse-affects-interpersonal-relationships/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

having lots of sex instead of staying monogomous is a detachment disorder...manifested from early abuse by being abandoned from their first lover

Maybe. Nothing from what I've seen of the two tells me they necessarily have a detachment disorder, as opposed to just being critically outspoken(right or wrong).

umm hello milo admits he sleeps around

Okay, but, and stay with me for this because it can be kind of tough to follow, but there is no APPARENT detachment disorder that we can just point at and say 'there it is'.

If Milo has a detachment disorder as evident by his sexual conduct, where is that same correlation with Dawkins?

im sure milo has detachment disorder, idk about dawkings though. both have attention seeking disorder, which is a facet of attachment disorder.

>attention seeking

I can understand that. I wish I could find more about Dawkins and Milo's personal life in relation to their families.
A lot of what I've read about attachment/detachment disorder mostly manifest themselves in interpersonal/family relationships.

well i can tell you i can see myself a little in milo, i act sort of the same way, only i act like a man. i do have an attachment disorder and I do seek attention at times. i could have slept around, but i chose not too, but something inside me is telling me to. and you are right, my attachment disorder manifests from family mostly.

ritualabuse.us/research/sexual-abuse/how-childhood-sexual-abuse-affects-interpersonal-relationships/

>However, it was found that abuse trauma was greater when perpetrated by fathers or father figures

Milo and Dawkin's were both molested by pastors, though neither of them believe it had an impact on their behaviour/psychology.

>Only 19% of the least severe abuse was found to be extremely traumatic
This would apply to Milo as he 'consented' to his abuse

>Thirty-five percent of severe abuse was found to be extremely traumatic
This would apply to Dawkins, as he was directly fondled without his consent.

>Russell found an almost perfect linear relationship between trauma and the severity of CSA, when differentiating between extreme trauma, considerable, some and no trauma. This differentiation showed extreme trauma for genital intercourse at 63%, attempted genital intercourse at 50%, fellation, cunnilingus, analingus and anal intercourse – completed and attempted at 40%, genital contact unclothed, which included manual touching or penetration, attempted or completed at 35%, breast contact unclothed or simulated intercourse attempted or completed at 35% and sexual kissing, intentional sexual touching of clothed breasts, genitals, or buttocks, thighs or leg, attempted or completed at 19% (Russell, 1999)

So the number's I'm pulling here are essentially giving me a < 50% chance that the child abuse Milo and Dawkins received translates into long term impact of the psyche.

>With males, child neglect and abuse continued to predict significantly relationship disruption, current involvement in a relationship and the likelihood of cohabitation.

>When compared to controls, abused and neglect participants were twice as likely to have walked out on a romantic partner

>The findings show that when adults were maltreated as children, their intimate relationships differed in quality and stability from controls. This study provides strong support for the hypothesis early childhood maltreatment negatively influences one’s capacity to maintain and form healthy interpersonal relationships.

This may be interesting to note, as Dawkins is on his third marriage, and Milo Yiannopolous has been cited as sleeping around.

correlates to statement of detachment

yes and i am living proof of this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i know what im talking about

>Colman and Widom (2004) note that having a history of childhood victimization does not necessarily entail that one will have romantic distress and interpersonal dysfunction. Of the neglected and abused people who had married, about 40% of the females and 60% of the males hadn’t had a divorce

This put's Dawkins in the 40% 'minority'

>The social effects of abuse include functioning problems like rebellion, isolation, antisocial behavior and compulsive social interaction. These feelings may be vented in social causes. Other survivors may function well, but yet feel a lack of confidence about their skills (Courtois, 1988).

Interesting detail as both Milo and Dawkins are outspoken proponents of causes.

>Hopper (2003) discusses the fact that emotional neglect may be more devastating than child abuse, especially when this occurs in the earliest years of life

Interesting detail as both Milo and Dawkins have only stated physical abuse, however neither have mentioned any detail of emotional childhood trauma.

how do british priests always know to target the jews in their midst?

well i can tell you i was emotionally neglected, i was never sexually abused

Yeah. I just feel it important to actually have information put out as publicly as possible.

>Ritualistic sexual abuse (RSA) children were found to have high levels of negative emotional symptoms

Important to note as neither Milo or Dawkins experienced ritualistic abuse, which should an important distinction to how can overcome, or be unaffected, by their abuse.

>Dodge (1989) discusses the problems in social relationships children may have. He states that children with poor peer relationships are at risk for later psychological maladjustment and may also have difficulty with academic problems.

This detail seems to run contra to Dawkins and Milo, as both are seen and spoken at academic levels.

>Struve (date unknown) in his paper on working with gay and lesbian survivors of sexual abuse shows the comparisons between being gay and being a survivor of abuse. He details the isolative nature of child abuse vs. the potentially isolative nature of being gay. Abused children are afraid they will not be believed. Often, the person the child needs to get support from is the abuser. So the child is isolated from getting help. Gay and lesbian survivors also isolate themselves from the general population to associate only with other gay and lesbian-oriented people. Other possible commonalities listed between being gay and being abused include secrecy, shame, vulnerability, sexuality, disclosure and hypervigilance (Struve, date unknown).

Interesting to note as Milo claims sexual abuse is more prevalent among homosexuals.

i hate studies like these only because i dont need anyone to tell me what really went wrong with my life :( it hurts to read because i know how true it is. and when you list words like : secrecy, shame, vulnerability, sexuality, disclosure, hypervigilance...its like a stab in my soul every word.

>In conclusion, the data shows that there are a variety of deleterious effects associated with CSA. These can be partially mediated by parental attachment style and one’s predetermined genetic personality structure. Most of the studies above showed that a wide range of social problems can be caused or exacerbated by CSA and other forms of child abuse.

Probably the most important detail so far. The report purports a predetermination of of one's character being an important factor in a victims outcome.

truth can hurt, but from the evidence so far, it is not necessarily deterministic in one's self quality of life.

>Survivors of CSA may know cognitively that they are not responsible for the abuse, but yet may still have guilt feelings about the abuse. Feelings of guilt were shown to be a significant predictor of psychopathology and dissociation, where feeling responsible for the CSA event was not. Their results also show that early and positive disclosure is important in terms of the survivor’s psychological functioning in later life (Lange et al., 1999).

This is also very important to note, as both Milo and Dawkins are very open in discussing their abuse. It still leaves open the question as to whether they are open about their because they had a greater predisposition to not being affected by their abuse, or whether they had to acclimate themselves towards being able to be open and comfortable with the fact.

>In conclusion, a variety of studies have shown the connection between CSA and
certain psychological problems. Though there is some dissension about what types of abuse may cause which problems, the overall picture from most resources shows a definite connection between CSA and increased psychopathology.

again reinforces that idea that correlation does not equal causality.

>In conclusion, there are a wide variety of effects to a survivor’s thought processes due to CSA. It could be hypothesized that the inability to process and discuss the abuse as children has increased the deleterious effects on CSA survivors as adults, including dealing with additional feelings of guilt and shame, and possibly also having to repeat the abusive cycle, due to the feeling that one somehow deserved the abuse.

I believe this is a very important detail, specifically for Milo. the media has largely misconstrued his statement relating pedophilia and abuse. Child abuse is a topic that needs to be discussed on a wider platform, and Milo is being ridiculed for bringing up a topic that psychology posits NEEDS to be talked and discussed.

So yeah, I just read the entirety of that article and posted highlights most directly relevant to Milo and Dawkins.

This article is just a full compilation of research relating to child abuse from a variety of ranges and angles, but I believe it is very important in de-stigmatizing victims of abuse for their opinion and perception of child abuse.

bump

well im done nice talk we had

MILO IS A FUCKING FAG AND I WILL NEVER STAND WITH HIM ONLY ((((THEY)))) ARE WITH HIM. YOU ALL WILL HANG.

This.

Also you can tell he is one of them by his big wide teeth and low lying cheekbones.

Wasn't this Milo thing a called shot? Didn't an user a few days ago say there was a big scandal going to go down today?

>Necro Pewdiepie videos to smear him
>Necro Milo video to smear him

This makes a lot of sense.

It's reinforced by the research provided

The Pewds thing is wholly different, he posted a Hitler joke with the fucking preface that the press will probably take this out of context.

Only to take it out of context, just proving his point that they are either ignorant of what humor is, or deliberately obscuring the truth.

Milo is different, whilst Future user was correct, this is still a smear job with an actual stain to smear. What he said was fucked up. And while you could theorize sympathy as all lot of Milo's shit clearly comes from the sexual abuse as a child, which he refuses to see as abuse because he decided to 'own it' instead. When he tried to make it like 13+ kids can still 'consent' if they are 'sexually mature', he is projecting in the extreme.

No, fucking 13+ kids can't consent you fucking faggot.

>ONLY ((((THEY)))) ARE WITH HIM

(((attachment))) disorders

I was also abused and neglected as a child, and I have a hard time feelin attached.

The guy I'm currently dating is a fucking catch, but I still don't feel connected. Sometimes I do. I don't kow, this is fucked up and theray is expensive.

Being diddled as a child in Britain apparently makes you a meme machine with large cultural reach.

Reminder that Richard Dawkins invented the meme.

unfortunate to hear.

I had developed attachment issues myself growing up, but that was because my parents divorced during my childhood and I moved around a lot to different schools and states, and that's it's own can of worms.

Finding and maintaining your ability to connect is going to require more work, but from my own experience, it is possible. you just need to spend a good a hard look at yourself in the mirror and really sort out what you want out of life/relationship.
Once you get that sorted, personal connections become easier to navigate and appreciate.

My problem stems from my rigid attachment to tradition and what I'm supposed to want.

I want the right thing intellectually, but if I am completely honest with myself, in my heart I am a giant slut who wants to be worshipped by dick.

But I know where that path leads and I'm not going back there.

sometimes you just need to find a good hobby to take your mind off of things.

I got very heavy into practicing yoga, not just as a distraction but because I am also asthmatic and saw it as a necessity to my physical health. Turns out I'm really good at it and I got certified and was fortunate enough to teach in various studios for several years.

That one hobby, for me, really helped me find a good path to follow in life.

Thanks a lot, that's something I was thinking about doing too. Not yoga, but fitness in general. Buddhism seems attractive.

There's always a market for physical fitness, good luck! Get to exercising, find a job at a gym, keep looking for ways to do fitness better.
Good luck!

all part of the plan