We have lots of hilarious damage control in Swedish media now due to Trump's recent mention of Sweden...

We have lots of hilarious damage control in Swedish media now due to Trump's recent mention of Sweden. Some of it is so salty that it would be a shame to keep it within Swedish borders. I took the liberty of translating the editorial of one of Sweden's biggest newspapers, DN, for your enjoyment.

dn.se/ledare/huvudledare/de-forstor-sveriges-rykte/

They destroy Sweden's reputation

It's nice when people speak of Sweden abroad. We have such a good reputation, our hearts are filled with pride. Last time it was the president of the United States, Donald Trump, who mentioned us in his speech Saturday night. So what was it about this time? Perhaps that this is the world's best country for a child to grow up in, as the press reported this fall?

No. Sweden was presented as a warning example. And this time it was a direct result of the inverted PR campaign that the racists have been promoting the last year, whose claim is that Sweden now is a lawless land controlled by an Muslim militia.

"Just look at what happened in Sweden last night", Donald Trump said, implying a terrorist attack had taken place. "Sweden, who could have guessed? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible."

Not much did happen in Sweden the preceding night, however. Donald Trump apparently got his information from a Fox interview in which the highly questionable film maker Ami Horowitz said Sweden had "recently" been the victim of a terrorist attack. Which wasn't true either: The attack he referred to - the suicide bombing in Stockholm - occurred in 2010, six years ago.

But through the far right's game of chinese whispers, the bomb attack lives on, and is now connected to the migrant wave of 2015.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SISpMl0xfho
expressen.se/nyheter/polis-skot-varningsskott-mot-stenkastare/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lies about Sharia law abound, and the persistent defamation has the last year given Sweden the nickname "rape capital of the world". The racists refer to UN's rape statistics, where, quite accurately, Sweden tops the charts. However, this is due to the statistics not showing the actual number of rapes, but rather the reported number of rapes.

In an equal country, not only is the tendency to report a crime greater, more actions fall under the definition of rape. And the criminal prosecution varies from country to country.

If a woman in e.g. India reports she has been raped by her husband each night for a year, the case will be dismissed immediately and never appear in the statistics, since marital rape is legal there.

In other countries it may be registered as a single case. In Sweden, however, it would be counted as 365 separate crimes. Further, many of the worst countries don't keep any reliable records.

So when the UN points out that no conclusions can be drawn from the aggregate data, they do so for good reasons. The opposition to immigration are well aware of this. That does not stop themfrom using them as an argument, however. In Ami Horowitz' movie "Stockholm Syndrome", the camera zooms in on a headline from BBC - "Sweden's rape rate under the spotlight".

It is not mentioned that the article concludes that the statistics are misleading, and that all reasonable comparisons are favorable to Sweden. Overall, "Stockholm Syndrome" is a good example of the carefree cut and paste technique that has become the standard method of trolls dressing up as journalists.

They interview people until they have gotten what they want to hear, then insert the words into a predetermined context. Two Swedish police officers who were interviewed by Ami Horowitz claim in DN that the interview was actually about something else, and that he distorted both the questions and the answers in the final film.

"Media is entertainment" is the instruction to writers at Swedish hate sites, according to an investigation by Eskilstuna-Kuriren of this fake journalism.

For a person who loves their country it's not quite as entertaining when Sweden is shamed by individuals who not seldomly have the nerve to call themselves "Sweden friendly". We do have problems, and integration - or rather the lack of it - is definitely one of them. But there is also a lot to be proud of.

So why does the far right insist on depicting Sweden as hell on Earth? Well, because we are an equal nation, a nation that has a reputation to uphold the equal worth of all persons, with a generous refugee policy. We are a bastion of the ideals that the dark forces hate.

>Well, because we are an equal nation, a nation that has a reputation to uphold the equal worth of all persons, with a generous refugee policy. We are a bastion of the ideals that the dark forces hate.

So do countries like Norway or Denmark, but the memes are always about Sweden. It's not a coincidence.

Well, Norway and Denmark don't take in as many refugees, not even close.

Thx swedebro. Stay strong brother

and they don't have your rape rates.

Lmao how can anyone be in this much denial? Not that Sweden is worth anything anyway.

>tfw 80% of swedish guys rarely or never get laid, so there's a tiny group of dudes who get to sleep with literally hundreds or thousands of swedish women

That's the Chads

skäggbarn är okränkbara!

I think this photo actually makes me hate women

like I'm going to go out of my way to be horrible to at least three women this week. just to counter how cunty and needs-to-have-dicks-inserted-into-them those cunts' faces are.

>chinese whispers
Someone should report this reporter for such vile racism.

or your imported guys are doing the job for you, so you can juust sit comfy.

shitskins from the asshole of the earth are invading and theyre gonna fuck your shit up you believe it buddy
and if they dont, the 25 shitskin kids each male is going to produce within your very own women all raised off your money certainly will.
i dont understand why every single actual citizen of europe isnt freaking the FUCK out
you are being conquered, by shitskin fucking muslims dude wake the fuck up

Just show your idiot friends who don't believe this video of 60 minutes crew getting a slight taste of cultural enrichment.

youtu.be/SISpMl0xfho

That was my translation. In Swedish it's called viskleken.

>We are a bastion of the ideals that the dark forces hate

They are so far gone they don't even realize that they almost had the "bastion of ideals" before all of this garbage. They destroyed it. Traitors first Jimbo.

>I'm a brainwashed swede and I make arguments akin to focusing on spelling errors instead of arguing the point

>NOTHING IS WRONG
>expressen.se/nyheter/polis-skot-varningsskott-mot-stenkastare/