Redpill me on how secure you actually are by investing in physical gold and silver

Redpill me on how secure you actually are by investing in physical gold and silver.
Redpill me on which investments for other things are the best. Stock included.

guns & flour

Gold and Silver are commodities controlled by the very rich and old banking families. The shit is only as good as its use.

Bitcoin has value based on its security, anonymity, and decentralized exchange. Gold doesn do that.

its a raw material and its value in centered in businesses able to turn that into a good that people can use. Such as advanced circuits for NASA styled projects.

Its use as a currency is done.

>investing in physical gold and silver

u fucking retards are great

Those are good as long as you're not a goldbug who bought the high in 2011 lol, like that faggot Mike Maloney.
Like, the only claim goldbugs have is that the market is gonna crash any time now since 7 years ago.
Plus gold has underperformed for the last 50 years or so, compare that to the DOW that went from 1k to now 20k and gold which went from around 200oz to 1000oz pretty disappointing senpai.

Of course gold has its use like hiding your money from governement instead of buying real estate that can be taxed to hell and back you buy gold and wait for the storm to pass. Just remember its just a position, never get married to it and there may be better things to invest.

Ammunition
Dry food/ stored water
Pain killers/penicillin

You're welcome

buttcoins are more manipulated than gold/silver. the big hoarders and chinks cause all sorts of surprising and unexpected increases and decreases in its value. you're better off taking all your shekels to vegas and betting on red.

Things that make money are your best investments. Gold, silver or real estate can't make money on their own. They're just things. You're essentialy relying on other people to give them value. They can be worth a fortune one day and nothing in another. However if you own a piece of farmland you know it's going to provide profit to you no matter what happens to the market. Buy stocks that you forcast will be profitable in the long run.

This, especially land in Palestine. They're practically giving it away.

Also, all governments have to do to drop bitcoin to sub 100 again is to declare it illegal.
And thats pretty sensible, something like " the G20 is very alarmed at the amount of terrorists being financed by bitcoin and are are now moving to criminalize its possession" wouldnt be out of the picture.

Real estate can't make money... Ever heard of rent?

Gold and Silver are good as hedges against a currency correction... Which is going to happen in our lifetimes.. Is as close to a sure thing suckers bet as you can imagine... Silver has the added benefit of being used in so many different industries such as electronics, solar panels, medical and more... Silver is probably the most undervalued asset in decades especially if you account for inflation... Yes it's not going to throw off cash like a business, real estate or stocks will... but it's much less expensive than those are right now... You want to sell silver when it becomes expensive compared to stocks, bonds, real estate etc... That is not now.

If you can afford it, there is no better investment than real estate in a growing market. Look at rent increases over the past 50 years relative to median income...sure there can be bumps and bubbles, but long term it's solid. Right now when the stock market is booming, investment banks do very well (check JP morgan, chase, deutsche bank stock etc over the past 6 months) but that's more volatile long term. Mutual funds are great if you don't want to do research or risk anything.

>you're better off taking all your shekels to vegas and betting on red
>tfw made $500 that way
Anything that doesn't depreciate and has a high demand is good.

BTO (B2Gold corp)

You're welcome.

Trade short-term, make some bucks. If you're good you can make a million quick. Get it to work for you, real estate - rent. Invest longer term in countries, like Singapore, Hong Kong.

Lots of choices man and if you have half a brain it's easy as shit. But 90% fail, keep that in mind.

Rent is also by speculation on how much your estate is worth. Your apartment doesn't produce anything on it's own. You could havd another 2008 and it'll be worth way less if not nothing.

How do you get started? How much capital do you need for it to make sense?

this pls

Real estate will never be worth nothing in country... Else someone could own the whole world. Same with Gold or silver or anything tangible really... That is why they are the best assets... Stocks, Bonds, Currencies can all go poof overnight, but not your gold, silver and realestate unless there is a war or something and the building is destroyed.. even then the land underneath is worth money

How do you even get the contacts to make this feasible?

>Investing in the gold and sliver jew.

>Crypto Jewcoin is for fags

What the fuck is the matter with you assholes? Pure .999 copper bullion is the only hedge you need. I own a safe full of it you assclowns.

Might be a tad off topic, but I do know for FACT that most pet stores aren't selling shares to the public anymore. After the SUPER shitty valentines days sales I wanted to buy more and they wouldn't let me any more.

>Lots of choices man and if you have half a brain it's easy as shit. But 90% fail, keep that in mind.
Are you implying that 90% of the people that invest have less than half a brain?

I'm heavily invested in crypto and I also have some precious metal holdings.

Precious metal is tough because you have to catch it at the right moment and it's a slow market.

This. Also, solar panels and water filters.

pure gold my friend. Feels good

>easy as shit
>90% fail

Pick One

>u fucking retards are great
Amount of gold at the world is limited.
This means the price of 1 dollar, goes down faster than the price of X kg of gold or maybe even go up after some amount of time.

This means you wont lose money out of nowhere or lose less money

5-10% of your portfolio in metals, mainly gold, as a hedge is prudent.

Anything more is whacky. Unlike securities there is no reason to expect gold to go up. But since its been money for >2500 years, its going to hold value no matter what else happens.

Also, own physical gold, not "paper gold" (like a gold ETF).

And you can easily use silver in case of an inflation and black market

>= 100k, with that amount you wont overleverage(>10:1 per market) and you can still feel you're making progress when compounding.

You're underestimating the perversity of the market m8, that and most people just do what their banks tell them because they're "sophisticated investors" and get played like fools over and over.

nobody uses copper anymore you idiot. Have you heard of optic cables? Copper is losing value each year.

How's the price of gold and silver looking lately? Is it particularly high or low? A good time to buy some?

I have no knowledge about the matter but have a little gold/silver of my own always appealed to me but I don't want to buy it if its particularly high in cost.

Honestly if you can pull even 1.75% a week, you should make ~2 million in 3 years if you consistently reinvest your profits and start out with around 30k.

Compounded interest is nice. Also dividends should always be reinvested.

you're now as rich as people who steal copper wire to buy booze.

congrats.

If you want Insurance and you Have money Hold Gold... If you want Speculation and Insurance.. Hold Silver Simple as that... Silver is used in Industry so it is much more likely that we could see astronomical pricing with that... Plus with the gold to silver ratio at around 75:1 right now... When the actual physical ratio is a bout 15:1 historicallly... Silver is the most undervalued asset in maybe human history thanks to the fucking futures markets manipulation and 100 times the amount of silver contracts compared to the physical stuff

>What are power wires?

There is more gold and silver out there then they are letting on about.

The same is true about diamonds.

They can crash the market anytime they feel like it.

When you hear advertising on the radio to buy gold or silver it is because they have a surplus they are trying to unload.

Well, it depends what you want to do. The gold ETFs spike like crazy when the indexes go down.

You might as well "invest" in cement bags.

> leaf detected

30k compounded at 1.75% weekly is 449k. And how the fuck do you get 1.75% returns per week unless you are loan sharking or selling drugs? Getting 0.10% returns per week is about as much as you can expect from the stock market.

Jews like pulling the "we'll give you constantly inflated US dollars for your appreciating in value gold" scam every 50 years or so. I think they'll try it again soon.

learn to use the boards

BULLSHIT

Might be true.. but there is also much more currency out there than they are letting on about.. We have about 1 or 2 quadrillion just from deritivatives and the world debt is like over 200 trillion dollars not to mention all the unfunded liabilities in the future... When the crisis hits.. there will be no physical silver or gold on the market... it will be too late because everyone will rush for the exits as quickly as possible.

If you hold it you own it... Tangible items... Stocks, Bonds and Currencies are not something you want to be long on right now.

REDPILL INCOMING :

If shit goes down like FOR REAL, lighters AA batteries and .22 ammo will be what people are TRYING to BUY with that gold.

If you "invest" in construction materials, why not steel or cement? Why not buy a construction ETF?

if you're just punting, go ahead and bet on ETF's. By all means, have fun gambling on horse races too.

But the real value of gold is that its there even in the face of major social or political changes. In WWII the British government sold off the securities investments of all British citizens in order to get more hard currency (dollars). In the 1970's the US government delinked its currency from gold... so if you were counting on that paper gold to hold its value you were out of luck. This sort of shit happens more commonly than is realized.

But actual gold is gold, nothing else is like it.

>investing in precious metals you can't use or trade in the event of economic collapse

Fuck Gold and fuck Silver. Invest in Solar Panels, Guns, and Hydroponic Gardens. Grow food, grow drugs, grow whatever. Weed is worth more than its weight in gold now, imagine what it'd be worth in a situation where fiat currency is reduced to worthlessness.

Added bonuses: As long as the collapse doesn't happen your power and food expenditures will be next to nothing. Within a few years it'll save you more money than it cost.

Uber redpill incoming: you need to plan for all scenarios, in particular the most likely ones.

Starts out weekly then you go daily. And 440k is a lot, that's 146k a year. People who think it's not possible to make that much daily are finance tier educated. The big fish don't publicize just how much they make.

You just need to know advanced statistics and apply control testing to a specific stock and NOT diversify. The common knowledge they tell us of in uni is designed to keep us poor.

I for example make around ~1.25% a day these days.

I will happily trade you gold for weed on an equal weight basis, as much as you like

Buying gold and silver is not an investment. Gold and silver are stores of value.

Oh don't get me wrong I own plenty of physical gold and silver.

I like to gamble on triple leveraged ETF's, it's fun and you can make lots of $$$.

By the way, it's a different situation for your country but we were literally cucked for more than 40 years after ww1 and shown that silver is the best allrounder in any bad situation.

I rather have a backup that allows me to make lots of profit in a bad situation and is going to increase anytime than anything risky. Also 'saving' the money is not worth it here

Yeah but you're probably overleveraged and the average person just gets wiped after 3 months due to trying to do what you said you do.

Sure it's worth money but the question is who's gona pay for it and how much? These things are nor nearly as reliable as productive assets. Would you rather own 100k of gold which is now worth 4mil but was worth 6mil 5 years ago and 2mil 10 years ago or 100k shares of Coke which growing and by all estimates continue to grow for a long long time. Which would you rather invest in?

Oi Vey!

gold and silver arnt investments theyre inflation hedges.

IE: the preserve wealth. if you are rich then your diversified anyway physical assets are fucking impossible to sell for profit unless theyre way up over your costbasis. That is you buy a one ounce gold coin valued @ 1238.50 for a 10% premium + 9% tax. Economy shits a brick value of a dollar decreases 20%. If you could sell that coin you should make 1% profit on you dollars spending value. only that wont ever fucking happen.

Depends on how much money you have, what you expect to happen, etc.
But here are some scenarios:

1.) You prepare for economic decline:
What you want is gold, as even during times of economic decline, the value remains relatively steady.

2.) You want to increase your capital within a few years.
What you need is about 5k minimum. Invest in an Investment Fund. They themselves invest your money in several other means, including stock. Depending on your fund, you can get around 10% annually, but you can also lose a little (-10% during financial crisis). Ask your bank about that.

3.) You want to prepare for retirement:
Invest in a retirement fund. Pay around 100 bucks per month of your income (or however you can easily afford) and be done with it.

4.) You want to prepare for the apocalypse.
Invest in .223 bolt-action rifles, ammo, canned food, water, medication, etc.

Prove me wrong.

DeBeers controls the diamond market.
They openly acknowledge releasing x amount of diamonds a year to keep the price up.

If DeBeers does this with diamonds; who is to say other raw material groups don't do the same.

I know the oil industry does it. Every once in a while OPEC tries to fuck with world. They did it in the 70s and the world wised up to the game.

This guy is right.

Very few on this board will ever know the thrill of dumping your entire portfolio into some risky option but making 50% in a day.

mate, you are a fucking idiot.
wrong thread and you spelt oy wrong
even in the right milo pedo thread this is shit contrarian bullshit
>hurr durr she did it, and shes jewish and a woman.

Nope, the 30k was mine. I don't diversify, that is university "investing" course tier.

They just don't know how to be patient. I find that most models when taken down to their logical consequence actually work quite well, it's the person who executes who doesn't work.

This is why algo traders consistently outperform non algo when you control for similar time periods.

Mastering your emotions is like 90% of trading. Understanding statistics and finance is the other 10%.

Hey Genius Money Managers.
If you believe in selling high and buying low.
Selling the DOW and Buying PHYSICAL SILVER is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Tomorrow!!!!

100kg** and 100k shares of Coke = 100kg gold= 4 million $

I would never try to argue that diamonds are a big rip off, but you've exposed yourself as a retard by comparing the diamond situation to that of gold.

Gold and Silver are so valuable that entire financial ecosystems have been developed to swindle stupid goyim out of real gold in exchange for paper gold or fiat.

underrated

honestly not a bad idea if you OWN dow. If your saying short dow and buy silver, KYS

Weapons is the best investment.

What are you talking about? Silver is fairly high at the moment. I should have bought a lot more when it was 14 and ounce about a year ago.

So, what if you're in and suddenly for no reason there's no bid and you cant get out?
Uni investing is pretty lame, but actual experience teaches you to diversify at least in 2 different sectors or just plain hedge out with currency.

Take for example the peg break in the EURCHF, there was no bid there and look at the drop.

>option

No, you minimize risk by creating a strict risk model. In that if your stock approaches a certain level you sell without question. This doesn't exactly mean tight stop losses, as this is actually a bad idea, but a well quantified risk model can alleviate the pressure on even a completely non diversified portfolio.

Day trading is actually less risky, contrary to common belief. Mainly because there ARE exploitable trends in highly volatile stocks you can consistently squeeze a bit of profit from, but the key is not to get greedy. That extra 3% you could have made by buying at open on a news catalyst day could also be wiped out when the selling barrage begins.

Avoiding news catalysts is key, they fuck up the consistency of daily patterns that do not include news in the probability function.

Basically you're doing the opposite of what msot day traders do. You're not chasing the fast pop on a good financial release or macro related event, you exploit the boring nothing going on days for 0.75-1.25% a day accounting for losses.

Slow and steady really wins the race here.

>currency trading
>ever

You deserve to lose your money

Goddamn this fucking thread. I want to get a handle on all this shit you investmentfags are talking about but it's all so overwhelming. How do I go about understanding any and all of this as a beginner?

I actually made a fortune that day and on the subsequent rally in the USDCHF lol.

There's basically no difference between trading currencies and doing a spread on whatever stocks you want, it moves pretty much the same(around 0.3% a day).

>not banking on brexit DESTROYING the GBP and impacting the Euro as well.

Your loss. kek.
It already fucked it hard. It can only go lower the next year at least. What happens after that is up to how Trump and May get on.

How do you identify individual securities to invest in?

You only buy extremely volatile high volume stocks, with a consistent record, and especially avoid holding over night for more than a day.

Holding is far more risky imo, unless you want to go the ultra long term buffet style.

When you buy for a month or a few weeks you're competing with highly informed and intelligent hedge fund analysts, teams of them. The probability that you will consistently outperform when you'rte competing with them is retarded. Thus you must go after the less popular styles. Day trading makes for a small portion of hedge fund strategies, and their algos are actually quite easily deduced if you're moderately clever. I'll give you a hint: VWAP relationship to price/time in day.

Obviously your factor model should be looking at least at 5 different things to cut through noise, and therein lies the risk alleviation, not in buying shittons of stock and racking up your commissions.

> buy gold in case of happening
> sale is tracked
> get gold confiscated, just like they did in the past, when the happening happens
> buy gold backed assets
> said assets are backed by gold in name only
> doesn't earn you interest
LMAOING @ ur investment

You can still buy in cash in small increments.

Highly volatile daily returns, high volume, minbeta, favorable spread, inverse correlation to markets, high correlation to underlying held commodity (gold as an example for gold miners), healthy cash flow record, proven operation in recession conditions, $3-6 stocks, mid cap to avoid attention from the big boys interfering with your profits.

You want to play in a game where there's at least as many retailers as there are institutional guys. You wont make money on AAPL for example, because that's an institutional dominated game. You can't beat the level of sophistication and focus hedge funds have, best to just ride their wave, or better yet to avoid them entirely and take the money of the retailer plebs who gamble their money away without a knowledge of statistics or accounting.

You're not competing with anyone, they cant alter the overall trend even with a central bank behind them.
Point in case, the ECB trying to "punish" the GBP and the GBP not giving a single fuck and just rising against the euro lately.

That was a great play, 20 points in a night and you could see it coming like 3 months before so betting odds were great as well.

Why do Israelis always have non-shitposting comments like this? Don't you know this board is satirical?

It's gone down in value constantly, it's totally unsafe and it's at best a luxury item in a non luxurious time.

p/e ratios if your a plebe.

If you want to make money you look for a that secret metric that shalnt be named.

RFCF thoes who know about the RFCF rate dont say, thoes who say dont know. its the ultimate base line for companies growth. Telling you anymore would be reckless for my health.

I was out with family having dinner on the day of the vote. Fun times.

The funny thing was there was a family member from one side of the family from Canada who was over to see my grandfather and go to grandmothers grave, and she paid from Canadabucks on her card. If it was a day later, her bill would have been much cheaper.

>You're not competing

Oh yes you are. I've seen so many "trick" signals from hedge fund algos that it's basically routine to do the opposite of what they try to get retailers to sell at in certain points.

They assume that retailers will always go for the basic technical indicators that come with a trading platform, so they try to spook retailers into selling to them at low prices, then the trend continues and goes in their favor, crashing the price back to the rsi "oversold".

Basically technicals work (although not by themselves) specifically because of how hedge funds trick retailers into selling early, and creating temporary demand which they exploit as they prob up the price a few cents.

You're right they can't alter the general trend, but the daily movements in certain time periods? Absolutely. This is why I never buy at open, because that's algo city, good luck getting in and out or catching a signal correctly consistently.

The reason there's tight price action after 11am is precisely because institutions don't run their day trading algos or traders past a certain time period.

Source: t. used to work at Citadel LLC. as day/swing trader

Weapons are the most redpilled investment, people are always going to want to kill each other.

>113566734

The recent low was around late December, you have to go back to your one year ago level to match that. The two months since that recent low give me the confidence to say you should be a buyer here even if it was only a short term trade (especially if you can be a seller in the broader stock market to fund the trade). But in reality this is a multigenerational set up that goes back to the $50 oz level reached in the early 80's, basically a 35 year cup and handle breakout is about to take place, $50 is just the breakout. Paper money is a fraud, the real value is that colloidal silver is our resistance to bio warfare.

But despite all those tricks they cant alter the trend, so in a sense its actually much more secure for the normal retailer and the larger money to bet on longer term moves.
Like ok you have a

/biz/ pls go

How are you able to get frequent enough data to trade on VWAP when institutional investors are doing so on a per tick basis?

Long term isn't feasible if you want this job to be your full time income source.

If you're looking for extra income to compound over time, sure the ultra long term 10+ year holds are useful.

That said, what measures will you use for long term? The statistics behind long term price movements are so skewed by various news catalysts and fundamental outcomes that modelling it accurately is next to impossible. As for being a good fundamental analyst, most mutual funds and hedge funds use fundamentals as their primary form of analysis, hedge funds less so, but still. It's just unrealistic to assume you yourself are going to be better than the market (institutions) at interpreting fundamentals.

I largely disregard fundamentals beyond a basic scan of healthy cash flows and revenues. Since I trade daily-intraday I don't really get caught in news catalysts, nor do I ever trade financials or other catalysts. It's just too much risk in the long term, and as you said. This is how people get wiped out.

I like my slow small chunks of profits I take from trends. Always sell before sell signal, always buy slightly after buy signal. That tight margin has made me a lot of money for my age. The wider you make your acceptable buy/sell margin or expected rate of return, the more you raise your risk.

why the fuck does everyone immediately go full Montana paramilitary mode whenever someone mentions gold and silver?

We're not talking about the The Walking Dead, we're talking about markets crashing because of the current student loan/real estate/bond bubbles and the fact that this "recovery" from the 2008 recession is only superficial.

They're not supposed to generate income, they're to preserve purchasing power while governments devalue currency. But then again you're a kike, so you want as many Goyim as possible to be poor and sick.

Fuck copper, the space-to-value ratio is fucked and you'll need a brick like that to buy anything.

I do save copper pennies though. Face value of 1 cent, true value of 2-2.5 cents.

Again, you're jumping straight to the apocalypse fantasy. In that case the most precious metals are steel and lead, but you should already have those on principle.

As for precious metals in a situation like that, that's where silver comes in. Silver for smaller purchases like necessities, gold for something like buying your An-Cap fantasy security force and seceding from the nation.

It's not the only factor I use.

And also because they primarily devote most of their capital to more long term style investment.

Ever wonder why gaps almost always fill? To the point where you can reliably expect a non news catalyst day to always fill a gap that's smaller than 5%? Has to do with incentives traders get to trend back to the vwap.

Again, jumping straight from "market crash" to "Mad Max" bullshit.

Even if there's a full blown currency crisis, gold and silver will still give you gains once you're on the other side of it.

Gold and silver aren't the worst investment, but pretty muchGuns & ammo > *