/odg/ Oroville Dam General - Aqua Returns Edition

>What happened so far
- Main spillway got damaged - because of no maintaining - because Cali thought that they will never have that much water again - because of Muh Climate Change. And they needed the money for illegals.
- They closed the main spillway to inspect the damage, water went over the emergency spillway
- Emergency spillway was in even worse condition and it got BTFO pretty bad
- They opened the main spillway again, so that water doesn't go over the emergency spillway any longer
- Main spillway gets slowly BTFO and half of it is gone. But it is stable at the moment.
- They try to "repair" the emergency spillway because if rain hits hard, water will go over it again and rek it even more

> Be careful! There is plenty of old footage marked as livestream!

>Don Pedro Dam's spillway set to be used for first time since 1997
mymotherlode.com/news/local/284537/don-pedro-reservoir-spillway-may-open-after-3pm.html

> Update from AccuWeather
facebook_com/AccuWeather/videos/10154965453052889/
> Hourly Waterlevel
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?ORO
>Scanner
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/24979
> Bubbles near emergency spillway!
youtu.be/EqEU2X6yBPk?t=31s
> Pictures
pixel-ca-dwr.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000OxvlgXg3yfg/G00003YCcmDTx48Y/Oroville-Spillway-Damage
> Webcam from the wrong side
parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411
> NoFly-Zone
tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_7_3920.html
> RainRadar
accuweather.com/en/us/oroville-ca/95965/weather-radar/331994
> Reservoir Condition
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
> Wind Map
windytv.com/?39.535,-121.469,12,anCziIF
> All reservoir levels
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
> Simulations of flooding
websites.pmc.ucsc.edu/~ward/
> 48-Hour Rolling Data Plot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/137PgSYQtNfLWfEIOTImzeGKgTzVY_awWfzv1pSyZmxE/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y9lgKXrlyBguwJshq9n83j5dRGgVGjA00t_e1dhx_xA/edit?usp=sharing
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=fol
imgur.com/5PhLQMz
imgur.com/cdvDvJ5
arrl.org/news/view/alaska-s-haarp-facility-once-again-open-for-business
youtube.com/watch?v=FX83qSatoOo
twitter.com/TuolumneSheriff/status/833829934879510528
twitter.com/TurlockID/status/833818231894794244
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PREVIOUS THREAD

Absolutely nothing is going to happen, you pathetic basement-dwelling NEETs.

Why don't you do something useful with your life other than wait for a dam to collapse and kill a bunch of innocent people. Christ, you freaks have got to go outside instead of jerking your pathetic small dicks off to shitty cartoon girls and proclaiming that whites are the superior race.

This cesspit makes me sick. You autistic manchildren need to GROW THE FUCK UP and stop posting in these threads!

benis

A PLAGUE OF FROGS UPON THE GILDED LAND

I smell a copypasta in the making

Just take your (You)

can someone post the pic of the trucks from 2013 next to the were the failure happens in the spillway

>Will want to bring outflows to zero
You better hope to god the snow doesn't start melting earlier than normal.

MCOM here.
Prepare for evacuation in 24-36h.

user from Folsom, CA here. (About 30 minutes from Sacramento)

Been raining for about 8 hours pretty hard, and rained all last night, or so my wife says as I was out.

Don't think it's happening though.

>This cesspit makes me sick.
gb2reddit

I know this is anecdotal but some heavy rain storms started rolling through the bay area an hour ago. It takes about 2 hours for them to get to oroville

Doesnt look too bad
Can I have the inflow charts?
Is it happening?

>IMMEDIATE CHANCE IT WILL BE USED

Currently on a layover at SFO, it's coming down pretty hard here, can't tell if that is what's going on up north as well.

WTF this has nothing to do with Sweden Riots, Pizzahate, Paris Riots, or Milo

>coming into egypt and complaining about the frogs

really nigga?

Brehs, have we started the flood?

thanks

Inflow now higher than outflow and rel river.

>You better hope to god the snow doesn't start melting earlier than normal.

But that is what I'm hoping for, user.

This is fucking hilarious watching Milo crash and burn (Not gonna lie, former Milo fan here). But in all seriousness we can't let this faggot around cheese pizza.

>innocent people

No such thing

in for WATERY FUCKING GRAVES

ebin trolle gentlesir

Less than 50 feet to go guys, we can do this!

XCOM here.
good luck finding somewhere to evacuate to

any known livestreams?

I checked the inflow measurements they're reporting by using the supposedly more accurate lake elevation, river release, and storage measurements.

S_x = Storage at time x
R_x = Release at time x
I_x = Inflow at time x
S_2 = S_1 - R_1 + I_1
S_2 - S_1 + R_1 = I_1

Here is a link to my work.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y9lgKXrlyBguwJshq9n83j5dRGgVGjA00t_e1dhx_xA/edit?usp=sharing

the water rises

On how many FEET do we overflow?

bad luck confirmed for pre-mexico

Pretty much, yeah.

900 is the magic number

once the emergency spillway goes they are fucked

i think its 900

w-witnessed

We know its you dam. We know you're starting to feel the pressure. Daddy is here for you. Just let it vent.

if you have time to be a footfag you can go ahead and pay denbts while you are at it

OVER 9000
V
E
R

Same storm but the part from SF is heading toward sacramento. Relevant reservoir:
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=fol

>saving a thumbnail

Plus a consistent up tick in cfs. Good signs. The heavy rain hasn't even hit the catchment area yet, and the rain that started earlier this morning hit 3 hours ago. So I guess we are looking at 9 hour lag??

-20:35 "the spillway itself has been very stable. occasionally some erosion here and there"

Yes we are. I've been keeping up with all of it, and that dam is fucked. Only a miracle will keep a catastrophic event from happening at some point.
They can't repair the spillway because they can't shut it off or else the reservoir tops off. The snowpack is 128% above normal, and it hasn't started melting yet. 12-13 inches of rain expected today, ground is already saturated, water has nowhere to go, and the water is literally eroding the ground all the way up the spillway. It is not a good situation.
On the left; the spillway last week. On the right; the spillway yesterday. See all that mud? That's bad.
imgur.com/5PhLQMz
imgur.com/cdvDvJ5
Here is a comment better explaining how bad this could get.
"Here's what is causing so much concern: If the atmospheric river stalls, there could be up to a foot of rain in a span of about 36 hours over places that are already flooding—that's a rainfall intensity that isn't expected more than once a century, or even more rare. At risk is the vast network of levees and dams and diversions that literally make modern California what it is, and protect hundreds of thousands of people. If this system is compromised, the scale of disaster would be among the worst in U.S. history. A dire 2011 New York Times magazine piece outlines the scenario. It's not pretty.
The implications of this flood would be huge: If the levee system is breached, Sacramento could have 30ft of flooding, and much of the state's water delivery system could be paralyzed by an influx of saltwater, including much of southern California. Two-thirds of people in the state could lose fresh water. That's not to mention the potential loss of life. Of course, this is not a given based on the latest weather forecast—but the fact that it can't be ruled out should cause everyone in the region to pay close attention.
This is something that should be wall-to-wall national coverage, but I haven't seen circulated much so far. Please help get the word out."

>inflow has overtaken outflow
Is it happening?

>Ameridumbs

Oh sweet. If the happening keeps happening at that rate were at least going to see some semi-happening in a couple days.

Well guys, I've been autistically watching this dam for a week, and I even did the first thread
>Sacramento Sacrifice

That had the mandatory evacuation order for Oroville. It doesn't look like we'll get a dam collapse immediately despite the huge ineptitude of the guys managing the dam. I mean I haven't the slightest clue how they're going to repair half of a mountain and replace bedrock. But most sadly, I think if it doesn't collapse before the dry season this will turn into a multi billion dollar problem Brown will not take any shit for, and instead throw on Trump's feet. He won't pay any price for this and neither will Cali's government.

I mean I guess there might be a freak accident, but the accountability I was looking for looks like it's about to be shirked.

I would be worried about a landslide right now with all the rain hitting the dirt itself.

I'm curious to know what natural resources etc lie underneath that land. It is also curious to me that HAARP was fired back up, with the bulk of "experiments" being carried out Feb 19th - 22nd.
What is curious about that, is, this storm intensified a great deal in a short time frame. Rain estimates jumped from 5-6 inches to 12-13inches in the span of a couple hours.
I will find the HAARP link and edit it in.
edit - added HAARP link
"This time my experiments will largely focus on artificial radio-induced airglow that potentially can be photographed from nearly anywhere in Alaska — weather permitting,” Fallen told ARRL. “I plan to start and stop each experiment block with an audio Luxembourg-style broadcast — transmitting two amplitude-modulated carrier waves at different frequencies separated by about 1 MHz, with the resulting skywave signal being a mix of both frequencies.”
I take the reason given for firing HAARP back up with a grain of salt. At the least, it is suspect given the timing of it in conjunction with the ridiculously heavy rain California has been getting.
arrl.org/news/view/alaska-s-haarp-facility-once-again-open-for-business

when was the picture in the second link taken?

Good stuff.

aqua sama~

It's because the media is too concerned with Trump and outside New York City most people think California deserves it.

This was posted in the last thread, I'm watching.

youtube.com/watch?v=FX83qSatoOo

HAARP manipulating the weather is ridiculous
Earthquakes is the only possible use

thats not live. that was a few days ago m8.

That audio is like 5 days old, the footage is also not live.

N O T L I V E

that's why im asking because its from the same day as this stream

Fake. I beleive there is a no-flight rule in effect, both for drone's and choppers. Correct me if im wrong.

As in no monitoring? That means it's fucked. The only reason they wouldn't let people see it is if they knew it would cause panic.

You're right surströmming

Been blocked all day, not even news crews allowed

It gets worse.

Got some video of the outflow from don pedro

twitter.com/TuolumneSheriff/status/833829934879510528
twitter.com/TurlockID/status/833818231894794244

Is don Pedro upstream?

no its down stream.

It's just a little rain, guys. Nothing happening.

PRAISE AQUA!

I got to work two hours ago and I come back to see the levels rising, I won't be able to check again until after my shift so here's to hoping we're in full flood mode by midnight pst

It is downstream, but since it so full it may limit the amount of water they can release upsteam.

Nice grab

That dam is fucked also. How long can they pump water down the side of this hill before it erodes also?

> pic related Don Pedro spillway

The dumber than average damegami ain't worth praising before she breaks that dam and releases the river.

This is your dam architect for the night.
Say something nice about her.

5 days old? Holy fuck.

The lower half of the spillway must be eroded to a toothy stump by now.

They're just blaming other people already on stream. Shit's gonna go down.

My fuck, how did you know Im from Jämtland?!

Not gonna lie, former Dam supporter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Oroville crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this Dam get the 13.5V codes.

my power is out right now from the storm.. running on generator

Is there a time lapse of the spillway eroding? Or any video of when it first started breaking?

>dat 90 degree bend in the spillway

Well the smaller image is today, the bigger image and audio is from 5 days ago.

No, it's the tuolumne river, meets mid state

kek

>vertical turn on spillway