What is stopping a few groups of traditionalist couples with survival skills and basic supplies from going out and...

What is stopping a few groups of traditionalist couples with survival skills and basic supplies from going out and colonising somewhere in the wild and having a semi ideal settlement?

It doesn't make sense anymore in 2017.
Especially with all this technology.

Federal intelligence/security agencies. If you tried this you'd get a repeat of Waco and Ruby Ridge.

If you feel that way you can set up said settlement with basic technological privileges and build it up?

Not even, they'd get you for trespassing before you finished building your compound

I guess but you have to be pretty rich.

I'm not talking about a crazy cult here it would be legal.
Buy some land in the middle of nowhere perhaps. If it has to be legal then so be it

see i'm not thinking about having full on wifi and shit im thinking more of a basic yet natural utopia ofc you could sell crops homemade goods, lumber etc for some of that stuff

oh you mean like Galt's Gulch? You'd need to find somewhere with pretty low property taxes and a way of producing and selling something to pay them.

If that's what you're looking for just move to Ohio and marry a nice Mennonite girl.

im not a damn heretic and im thinking more of starting a nice trad village a little slice of heaven in nature

dont know anything about Galt's Gultch

What do you have against the Mennonite interpretation of Christianity? What you are describing is literally every Mennonite village between Indiana and Eastern PA. Same with the Amish but less technology and a little bit more incest.

lol
it'd be funny to have something like just a compund controlled legally by kekist guys

Google the benedict option, some things are leaning towards it and I'd expect more to pop up about it in the next 10-20 years

It's something I plan on working towards.

no hatred just im catholic so believe in staying to the true faith etc just dont think its true just like all the other protestants and would prefer a catholic settlement

Child services will shut you down.

true found the capital of kekistan

thanks for sharing man i had no clue about this but thats really what im talking about except maybe more secluded idk

how do the amish do it?

>benedict option
They get shut down in counties they don't control. Usually for technicalities like giving kids raw milk or schools having unpermitted septic tanks. In PA if they make up enough of a municipality / county the cops and township generally look the other way. There have been federal raids under EPA / health and safety type shit on farms.

Fucking hell why has the government got to interfere in everything, this is lowkey turning me into a libertarian