At first i laughed, then i tried to debunk it, but now i'm stumped is the earth really flat?

at first i laughed, then i tried to debunk it, but now i'm stumped is the earth really flat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IAcp3BFBYw4
youtu.be/iXNmj-JmrR8
snopes.com/science/coriolis.asp
science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/everyday-myths/rotation-earth-toilet-baseball2.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=08lDqlb9uAg
youtube.com/watch?v=-RIBO7VB0VE&t=15s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No its fucking not

sources please

Yes, the Earth, when experienced at a single point and within a small neighborhood, is essentially "flat" (Euclidean, or isomorphic to a flat space). Pic related is the tangent space at a point on the sphere (if you assume Earth is spherical - in reality it is roughly homeomorphic to a sphere).

There's a whole field of math that deals with these kinds of spaces called Riemannian or non-Euclidean geometry, and it relies on models like this where you consider what a space is like locally, then extrapolate the global structure of the shape by explaining how neighboring patches (atlases) stitch together.

But, globally, no the earth is not really flat you nutcase.

if you looked across the ocean or the something smaller like the great lakes you would be able to see cities far away, you cant. therefore it is not flat

Sup Forums logic is 'if it's conceptually true, and it can't be proven false, it is true'

So I'm not sure why everyone isn't all over this one

The whole "Earth isn't flat" thing is just a hoax. I saw a whole Infowars thing on it. Everyone who tells you it's not is a paid crisis actor.

this is the worst meme.

T B H it looks flat af to me

They have changed retard

This is the ultimate red pill. Normies can never comprehend the deception. You are on the right track.

holy shit never seen this one before
that blows my mind

no im not op

No

Our maybe our vision isn't good enough to see over such distances. The human eye isn't a telescope, kid

Pol is even more retarded than i suspected.

compare 2007 to 2012, the US triples in landmass

watcha doing there (((NASA)))???

You can see the coverage of the Earth in that ocean pic.

I want to believe, but there is overwhelming evidence that the earth is a spheroid.

It's a good exercise in logic and questioning common knowledge though.

Flat earth cannot adequately explain
• moon phases
• night and day
• sun angle at solstice for different regions of the world

Among other things, at least not as coherently as global earth theory

Progression of the equinox? Fug, you dumb.

>Flat Earther Logic
This is all False because we know the earth is hollow since that is where reptillians live. Hollow Earth disproves the Earth is Flat

Checkmate Flat-Earthers!

The human eye can see millions of light yrs away.

Just look up.

Oy vey, we have one that's awaken. Time to shut it down.

Not that I'm supporting it but flat earthers explain this away by projections or actual lights in the sky a mere 30 or 40 miles in the sky.

The massive difference of 4 pixels means nothing at any scale to flat earthers... Even though thats probably exactly what you'd expect w/ a narrow lens picture of the ocean, a tiny barely visible curve.

Bullshit, the stars you see in the sky are within only a few light years and the only reason we see them is because of their sheer size. Fucking leaf

I want to think these threads are merely bait. I want to, but i've been seeing them for so long and it wouldn't even be funny if they were bait. They are just retarded.

I don't support it but these are basically their explanations of the things you listed.

>Moon Phases
The Moon is a projection or light source of its own that is literally almost the same distance away as the sun...
>Night and Day
Our sight is limited (can only see so far down the vanishing line even on a flat plane)
>Sun angle at solstice
I don't think I've heard them try to refute this but I'm sure they'd just say its simply the angle of the sun from different perspectives on the earth as it changes its trajectory impossibly on its own for no reason.

Hmmm. Interesting.

What about the dopper effect?
We can measure distance with it.

I know from personal experience it works within sound waves well. But Ive herd some good rebuttals against redshift.

i too enjoy how dumb these threads get.

Alpha C. Is a few light yes away, not all of the sky is like that.

>tried to debunk it
Have you finished high school yet user?

Wow I can't spell

That shit would be mind blowing but as long as there's some kind of actual warping of space and time in the core that makes you smaller and smaller the further you go into it.... It really wouldn't make much of difference, unless you could actually travel to the center of the universe and continue onward in a perfectly straight line and found you arrived at the other side of earth itself.

yea you're prolly one of the fucking idiots i argued with youtube. why do you have to act like a total retard everything some paradox comes your way? can you just ask questions first and do your own research instead of flaming the comment section of youtube. GOD DAMN.

So the phases of the moon are caused by... God's capricious will?

This isn't even true because the moon in reality appears larger as it approaches the horizon due to the warping effect of our atmosphere.

Or is that simply an illusion of the color red?

Okay, question flat-earthers:

If the Earth is flat, then does that mean that the other celestial bodies thought to be spheres (Suns, Planets, Moons, ect) are flat as well and they're just all 'standing' up in the right direction?

Or is just the Earth flat?

Also, if the Earth is flat, then how do you explain orbiting and general celestial gravity?

Genuinely curious.

out of all the conspiracies this one I truly don't understand

What would be the purpose of them keeping the fact the earth is flat be?

most conspiraciies at least have some coherent purpose behind them

Quads don't lie.
Flat Fags BTFO

Globulists HATE this video

youtu.be/IAcp3BFBYw4

Most of them answer these this way.

The planets can't be observed directly by my shitty telescope or cool zoom camera, therefore they are simply lights in the sky.

The orbiting is simply the projections of light traveling through the background of the "Dome" or something... never explain the purpose of it.

Celestial gravity literally does not exist to them, not even kidding. It has to be this way because there's no way to explain gravity on a flat earth as we'd have to lean more and more diagonal to the ground as we approached the edge...

Checked. Also consider the coriolis effect, that changes depending on the hemisphere you're situated in

Why would you want to believe that? Its not something cool like ufos, hollow earth or sexy mermaids. Literally the most boring conspiracy ever.

This is the only good point they have IMO.

The purpose of creating an illusion of a spherical earth is to support the materialistic worldview by making people feel small and insignificant.

Not only that but if the earth were provably flat there'd be basically no refuting the bible itself which would literally upend the entire elite control system.

The fact is that the sky is an artificial projection. We have gone to space. The images are not fake. Our governments are not aware of the Ringworld. However, it is the true structure of our world.

If we dig deep enough into the ground, we'll encounter the artificial vacuum of space, not a molten core, not China.

A species of ape was deposited here millions of years ago; over time, offshoots developed intelligence, agriculture, metallurgy, militaries, economies. This was expected by the aliens who put us here, who are still in contact with various groups on the ground, having gone into hiding on artificial constructs across the galaxy, like our Ringworld but in many cases larger (i.e. Dyson spheres, O'Neill cylinders, etc. to survive a holocaust being perpetrated by another faction of beings from beyond our habitat (we ourselves, being aliens, are also simply a faction of beings).

The next X-Files season will feature a variation on Flat Earth theory to a) debunk dissident theories of terrestrial geography and b) draw attention away from Ringworld theory

GLOBULISTS ON SUICIDE WATCH!!!

>all sharp objects removed
>shoelaces and belts taken away

youtu.be/iXNmj-JmrR8

>You can't be a globalist if there's no globe

The Coriolis effect is literally a myth.

Please do some research.

They literally believe that the moon is its own light created by God yes.

The only proof they have for this are discredited studies that came the conclusion that temperature under moonlight was colder than the temperature in the shade out of moonlight....... I'm not joking.

>windows and doors to heaven

dropped.

The doppler effect does not require a spherical earth to work though?

It's caused by the speed of sound and the fact that it must travel on particles.

No the flat earth is bullshit. Learn about lunar procession, planetary retrograde motion, stellar parallax; just a few things that disprove FE completely.

Geometry is analytic a priori, there's no need for a posteriori studies--it can all be proven by pure reason.

>What is a Fish Eye lense?
That black line is supposed to be a straight metal piece. You can see the curvature in it.

It's called a projector? The sky is just a movie screen.

>Coriolis effect
>literally a myth

how can the Earth be real when the Earth isn't real?

No.
Duh

Drink bleach

>doesn't understand composite photos
>different cameras and photography methods produce different results. Who knew?

Why was the "impact" so gentle?

Well, looks like I'm with Her now

NIEL "DE GRASS SMOKIN" TYSON SAYS;

"The earth is not a perfect sphere, it's what we call, an oblate spheroid."

PIC RELATED;
IT'S NASA'S IMAGE OF EARTH COMPARED TO AN OBLATE SPHEROID.

>what is perspective
>what is frustum angle
0/10 i want to say nice try at a slide thread fag but everyone always eats this shit up

You obviously didn't try too had

The only way the Earth would be flat is if someone or something designed it that way...if that is the case why the fuck wouldn't they just make it a globe?

forcefields and tractor beams

Flatearth is actually fascinating in that it's so unbelievably stupid that it draws a nice contrast between groups of people and proves the bell curve. Literally dumbshits who can't comprehend light refraction follow this obvs CIA meme and everyone else is having a big laugh. Yes, the earth is flat as fuck.

No i'm not joking or baiting its proven false?

snopes.com/science/coriolis.asp

science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/everyday-myths/rotation-earth-toilet-baseball2.htm

AAAAAAAAnnnnd I'm actually realizing now this is just disproving small scale Coriolis and not large scale movements like hurricanes and weather patterns.

My bad user.

It really is flat.

>not understanding how a fish eye lense works.

youtube.com/watch?v=08lDqlb9uAg

Ehhhhh I read a bit more and I was misled by a few articles that prove the Coriolis effect has no effect on smaller scales like toilets but its very much real. My bad everyone.

Who knows
Science doesn't know
50-50 both persuasive
we're only here for approx. 80 years so does it even matter

2012 is a fish eye lense with high curvature. The black background makes it almost impossible to notice. Assume, for a moment, they were deceiving you. Why would they make such a monumentally obvious mistake? There isn't any room on a globe that is exactly as pictured there for the remaining landmasses.

youtube.com/watch?v=-RIBO7VB0VE&t=15s

Fuck I responded to my own comment instead of yours

It's literally just an illusion. Use your brain, google, YouTube, hold a quarter at arms length. Anything but this retarded shitpost.

>not understanding that there are many fish eye lenses with a significantly different curvature to your picture

nothing changes about space, everything is revolving around a non moving central point in the earth. the question isn't whether its flat or round, the question is whether geocentric, or heliocentric astronomy is the truth of the world. and clearly the earth is an in moveable object, with everything revolving around the north pole

All I see is a ceiling. Fuck I can't even see past 8 feet.

It's SLIGHTLY oblate you fucking orangutan. Not enough that it looks like a potato.

If you look at a lunar eclipse and see the Earths shadow on the moon you'll see that it is round

tits or GTFO

FEELS PERSPECTED MAN

a lens that makes the horizon straight is just a regular lens.

Can you see Europe with a telescope?