recent events:
>YPG open another front east of Raqqa
>Turkey continues assault on Al-Bab
>minor events with various rebels

last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/02/20/world/europe/churkin-russia-ambassador-un-death.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gaJPaPFXx80
jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Syrian-official-vows-to-back-Hezbollah-in-potential-war-against-Israel-482088
english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2017/02/21/ISIS-linked-group-expands-foothold-in-southern-Syria-near-Israel-and-Jordan-.html
washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/four-russian-servicemen-killed-by-roadside-bomb-insyria/2017/02/20/dcb658f8-f772-11e6-9b3e-ed886f4f4825_story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=2XbfH4rCMJA
youtube.com/watch?v=nvegMsev_YY
presstv.ir/Detail/2017/02/14/510533/Iran-centrifuge-IR8-nuclear-AEOI-kamalvandi
english.alarabiya.net/en/business/economy/2017/02/06/Iran-imports-149-tons-of-uranium-from-Russia.html
timesofisrael.com/iran-uranium-shipment-will-give-us-60-more-than-pre-deal
uk.reuters.com/article/uk-russia-iran-missiles-idUKKBN15N1HZ
store.steampowered.com/app/485980
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-07/glencore-qatar-fund-buy-russia-s-rosneft-stake-for-11-billion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GET BACK IN THE THREAD YOU FUCKING TURKS

>Vitaly Churkin, Russia’s U.N. Ambassador, Dies at 64

nytimes.com/2017/02/20/world/europe/churkin-russia-ambassador-un-death.html

TALK ABOUT THE SYRIA CIVIL WAR REEEEEEEEEEEE

DESPERATION BUMP

B U M P

THE LION OF SYRIA WILL PREVAIL!

youtube.com/watch?v=gaJPaPFXx80

NO

>A senior Syrian official vowed to back Hezbollah in any future conflict that the Lebanese terror group may have with Israel, in an interview with Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Rai on Monday.

>"We will be partners with Hezbollah in any future war against Israel," the unnamed official, whom the newspaper labeled "one of the senior decision-makers in Syria," said.

>The comments came after Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah warned last week that the group's missiles were capable of hitting Israel's nuclear reactor in Dimona.

jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Syrian-official-vows-to-back-Hezbollah-in-potential-war-against-Israel-482088

>ISIS-linked group expands foothold in southern Syria near Israel and Jordan

english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2017/02/21/ISIS-linked-group-expands-foothold-in-southern-Syria-near-Israel-and-Jordan-.html

Some pictures of Su-30SMs and their pilots from Hmeymim Airbase in Syria.

That is all for now. I'll do my best to find more time to post here in the future. Good night guys.

MC my nigga. Do you think such weapons will be gifted to Syria as a sign of goodwill and brotherhood?

Is that a regimental flag or something?

Lol no. Maybe as part of long-running loans, but not as outright gifts. Too expensive for that.

You caught me right as I was about to close.

And no, way too expensive and complex for Syria. Not to mention unnecessary. What Syria needs is more Su-24s right now and there maybe Su-24Ms from the VKS transferred to Syria again in the near future.

Flag of the Russian Air Force.

Night all!

Nice. Thanks goys. So just support armored vehicles and MBTs are gifted and not multirole fighters? I am under the impression that Su-30Ms costs as much as 7 T-90As or even more.

>Four Russian servicemen were killed by a roadside bomb in western Syria last week, according to the Russian military.

washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/four-russian-servicemen-killed-by-roadside-bomb-insyria/2017/02/20/dcb658f8-f772-11e6-9b3e-ed886f4f4825_story.html

Hi MC, and goodnight

CUT MY THREAD INTO PIECES, THIS IS MY LAST BUMP TONIGHT

>Heahily outdated maps
>No recent happenings
Lazy burger degenerate.

Maybe if they weren't in such a hurry they would have seen the bomb.

fuck you slavnigger I just noticed nobody had made a new thread in literally like 2 days and decided to save this general cause your bitch ass sure didnt. I don't even know where to find the most recent maps considering they all seem slightly different

>literally like 2 days
Nice lie, sweetie. There are always sg threads on pol. I would make a new one but i am always read from phone.

I'm not from here. Can somebody give me a quick rundown on the status of this conflict? I've only vaguely been paying attention for the past couple of years. If you only got your news from the newspapers and tv and such you could be forgiven for thinking the war is years finished. Nobody talks about anything but how important it is that hordes of young foreign dudes be allowed to settle in Europe. Beyond that Syria is a media dead-zone.

Is Assad popular at all? Is he winning? What's the current status on the divisions within rebel ranks? How many are secular 'muh freedoms' types and how many are insane Islamic extremists? How hopelessly naive and uninformed do I sound right now?

heres the simplest rundown I can give you

>"moderate" rebels probably supported by saudis, US, Qatar rebel against Assad turning all three of the largest cities in the country into warzones
>Assad holds his ground for a while and takes back some land
>saudis and such bail out rebels and they retake upper hand
>Russia intervenes decisively in favor of Assad who he's already friends with cause of the ports Assad lets Putin use on the mediterranean
>Assad finally retakes meaningful control of Homs, Damascus and recently Aleppo
>meanwhile in northern syria the kurds have been creating their own autonomous area due to lack of government control
>main anti govt rebel group fracturing and falling apart due to dead/exiled commanders, lack of support, and increase in power of al-qaeda type groups like Al-Nusra
>Isis spills over from Iraq and takes major amounts of land from syria govt
>turkey invades syria on side of rebels basically to smite the kurds who control most of the northern border of syria, turks hate assad as well but nobody really sure what will end up happening there
>Assad currently winning mostly, fighting over remaining Isis strongholds as well as fighting between basically everybody
>meanwhile in Iraq Isis has been pushed out of half of their last major stronghold which when it falls will leave them with a final one, Raqqa, currently being attacked by the kurds but turkey wants it too

Thank you. Do you think it would be fair to say that this is largely the US's fault? They have to know where all of the money is coming from in all of this even if they aren't directly contributing.

>Do you think it would be fair to say that this is largely the US's fault?

Yes. They enable their gay middle east Wahhabi partners. If someone tells you otherwise, you already know who they work for.

youtube.com/watch?v=2XbfH4rCMJA

its hard to say how much the US is to blame, there's the obvious factor that the US supported the rebels in the first place and killed Sadam which opened the doors to chaos in both countries but on the other hand you could blame the Shia's for being assholes to Sunnis or the other way around. Of if you really wanted to you could blame the British for creating a bunch of shitty non-viable countries in the middle east 100 years ago.

You forgot to add that turks are fascists fucks who hate the only sane people in the middle-east, the kurds.

> nobody had made a new thread in literally like 2 days
in literally like 5 hours

This all started because of a pre-planned oil pipeline in order to provide oil/gas to Europe. The Russians/Iranians backed one and the west/Saudis backed another. Both ran through Syira, and guess what was conveniently happening in the ME world. Arab Spring

You might find this useful.

youtube.com/watch?v=nvegMsev_YY

the syrian Kurds are a bunch of commie dickhead terrorists (although admittedly still better than erdogan and his bullshit), Turks are relatively friendly towards Iraqi Kurds who aren't as retarded

this is true although leaked state department shit from wikileaks suggests that Israel pushed the US to start a war in Syria for a different reason which was that Israel was afraid Iran would use Syria as a close area to stage terrorist attacks or troops or some shit, no idea what the link to the wikileaks doc was but its out there

the last thread was from a day and like 8 hours ago, look at the last thread i linked u little cuck

this
The email literally said " to maintain israels nuclear monopoly in the region"...

mate i was in a /sg/ thread like 7 hours ago

CARLOS

the latest /sg/ was up less than an hour before this one

Delet this

kek

>Iran’s IR-8 centrifuge to raise enrichment capacity 20-fold

presstv.ir/Detail/2017/02/14/510533/Iran-centrifuge-IR8-nuclear-AEOI-kamalvandi

>Iran will receive the final part of a 149-tonne shipment of uranium from Russia as part of its nuclear deal with world powers, it was announced on Monday.

english.alarabiya.net/en/business/economy/2017/02/06/Iran-imports-149-tons-of-uranium-from-Russia.html

>Ali Akbar Salehi was quoted by the semi-official Fars news agency on Sunday as saying that Iran would receive a final batch of 149 tons of natural uranium by Tuesday, in addition to 210 tons already delivered since early 2016.

timesofisrael.com/iran-uranium-shipment-will-give-us-60-more-than-pre-deal

>Russia completes S-300 missile systems supplies to Iran in 2016 - TASS

uk.reuters.com/article/uk-russia-iran-missiles-idUKKBN15N1HZ

Also Iran want a union with us. I think its a good idea

looks like they already have one

May be.

What do you prefer. A relationship with the Islamic Republic, sponsoring terrorist groups in Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Bahrain, Yemen and Afghanistan?
Or a relationship with the West?

If you go all in supporting Irans plan to bring the entire Middle East under Shia domination, you cannot expect other countries to look kindly on that.

Putin is being foolish and making a big mistake in this respect.

Of course I prefer relations with Iran Palestine and so on.
We have more than 1k years of relations with Persia and only problems with west.
We dont need west

Iran is the perfect gambit if the US continues to build it's forces in Eastern Europe.

Also, Russia sold the rights for Iran to domestically manufacture T-90s.

Expense more offerings of defense material in the near future.

Also yesterday was signed a contract with UAE about 5-th gen MIG fighters

The point is not whether you need the West, but whether you are prepared to take the geopolitical consequences of supporting a rogue terrorist state.

I support you in Crimea and Ukraine and I wish Russia and the West could have good relations. But what you are doing with Iran is insane and makes any rapprochement impossible.

>Russia and the West could have good relations.
never.
You cant have good relations with us. It will breake your economy.

Thanks for your support but we will stay with Iran

>You cant have good relations with us. It will breake your economy.
Why?

We have cheap energy and unlimited resources. If you have good relations with us youll open trading and finish sanctions.
West cannt open trading with RF.

Both are not mutually exclusive. EU is very much interested in economic relations with Iran, much to the US displeasure.

Russia on the other hand has two economic goals of beeing comfy with Iran. Getting a sizeable share of their internal markets before EU does and ensuring that Iran does not start exporting their oil & gas to Europe en masse, becoming their main competitor.

Remember that Russia is no.1 in gas reserves but Iran is no.2 and global no.3 in oil reserves.

Meanwhile, store.steampowered.com/app/485980

One thing in mind is that you are doing business with moderate beheader sponsors (Saudis, Qatar). For instance, you will sell 20% of Rosneft to Qatar. Wtf?

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-07/glencore-qatar-fund-buy-russia-s-rosneft-stake-for-11-billion

I don't think they care that much about oil anymore. Mainly what Russia will do with an influx of money.

In the past it was different.

>Wtf?
We are going to make world gas market in St Petersburg. So we need strong contracts with Iran Qatar and so on.
>what Russia will do with an influx of money.
We will build a rocket and fly home to Sirius

Soon.

Interesting fact: this year Russia overtook Saudi to be the biggest exporter of oil

Yeah but they can in turn blackmail you in Syria. Don't ever get too dependent on USA/Gulf states money

Be ready for bugs. Russian tactical games often have great potential and mechanics, but it got buried under lack of proper financial support.
Hope this game will be decent.

Correction, "biggest oil producer in December"

>blackmail you in Syria.
How?

They can ask for decentralization of Syria, also ask for giving more parliamentary seats to their funded opposition in post war parliament, maybe limiting Assad's presidential powers in some way...there are ways.

of course they can ask, Syria is a democratic country. But we can refuse.

>syria is a democratic country
>russia

just stop

>just stop
No you

Actually looks really well developed, a lot of attention to detail.

And you will. There were stories of how Saudi foreign minister during his visit to Moscow in November 2015 has offered investments of 300 billion $ in Russia over 20 years if you ditch Assad and leave Syria. Vlad immediately refused.

And he was right because leaving Syria would cause Russia much more loses than these 300 billions.

Are you serious?
Of course he refused. Look at the map. Armenia Azerbaidjan Syria and Iran are very close to us. We need to add Iraq and UAE and everything would be ok

R8 my Mediterranean breakfast

>dat breakfast
That happens when you don't have a woman to cook.

i can be your gf if you want

Halva?

You mean Halawa ? Probably the same thing.

Made of sesame oil and tahene, I think.

No homo

For breakfast, nobody cooks anything.
Mostly we eat what is available: cheese, olives, eggs..etc

But no cooking.

yom kippur war was fake news

>You mean Halawa ?
we stole this word and change it to halva.
Tasty but I cannt eat it in the morning

Iran literally did nothing wrong.

get the fuck out newfag

>take the geopolitical consequences of supporting a rogue terrorist state
Are you un-ironically calling Iran a rouge terrorist state?

wtf i love israel now

I can't fucking smell Halva. I want to puke.
This is somehow so terrible for me.

Apart from support radical Shia (and Sunni too) terrorism in all those countries.
Iran literally let the top three leaders of AQ (sayf al-adel, Ahmed Abdullah Ahmed, and abu khayr al-masri, all Egyptian) escape the Americans in Afghanistan and hide in Iran under (((house arrest))). They have now let them all go and they are in Syria.
Iran supports the Taliban too.

You can't say "X did nothing wrong" just because the said X oppose Israel.

I use it as fuel for the gym.

Maybe it contains some allergen you can't take ?

Its very tasty

I don't know. I am not alergic to anything as far as I know.
My mom likes to eat this.
I need a distance of at least 3m to this stuff or I am suffering hard. fml

Yes
*Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah

I dont know. May be. But I cant fucking smell it

Fun fact: there have been as many Assad presidents in Syria as there have been Bushes in the USA.

What the fuck of an abomination of OP is this?

Made me get my cheese out and eat it at 2AM/10

Fun fact:they ruled 46 years
Bushes ruled 12