Is Gentrification making large American cities livable again?

I saw some of what's going on in Oakland recently and the city's starting to look not half bad. Along with developments in Atlanta since the mid-90s or so which now looks fine, and how Detroit is apparently starting to become decent in certain areas once again, is gentrification possibly American cities' saving grace?

Yes there were some economic factors to this but there is also a social change that is causing citiy centers all across north america to be revitalized.

The neighborhoods get safer but it ruins the spirit of the place, old cafés gets replaced by starbucks, that kind of things. Also the first to move in are usually nu-males

Moving away from agrarianism was the worst thing for American society. Poor people should be in suburbs and rural areas while rich people should live in cities

Are you fucking kidding about Oakland? There are homeless living under every overpass. There are hipsters crowded into warehouses. Granted, my block of modest working class houses from 100 years ago is populated by lawyers and tech workers, but there's still so much human trash in oakland.

While I could see that holding true in many European urban centers, many of the places it happens in America are basically nothing but nigger-filled crime-riddedn shitholes which drive out any old businesses and culture. Even if gentrification changes the character somewhat I'd say it's well worth it to make an area cleaner, safer, nicer, more livable, etc. Downtown Detroit is actually starting to look nice for the first time in about 40 years.

Yes, replacing niggers with white people makes cities livable.

>Yes, replacing niggers with chinese people and white serfs makes cities livable.

Fixed that for you.

> There are homeless living under every overpass
Homeless people in the bay area or (especially Northern) California in general have always been a problem, it isn't nearly as bad as some of the problems that have been solved.
> There are hipsters crowded into warehouses
So what? They might be cultureless fags but they don't cause problems like crime and they bring in an infusion of money which economically helps places, drives down crime, makes things better overall, and increases housing prices to drive out undesirables.
> there's still so much human trash in oakland
Barring some NatSoc utopian ethnostate which doesn't have moral quandries with getting rid of bad or unproductive people literally all cities will have a problem and be flooded with human trash.

It's starting to look like a typical liberal shithole with a bunch of flashy restaurants and name brand eateries
There's no nice little corner shops or barbershops with old white men that have been there for decades
It's a hollow shell of a real American city when liberals gentrify it

It also sucks when old buildings get torn down and replaced with that awful new style of condominiums and apartment buildings. The type where they use like 5 types of materials for the exterior and it looks like out-of-place crap.

Another concern is if the buildings initially start out as decent condos, but are later offered as low income housing. Brings the criminals and people who don't care to a formerly decent neighborhood.

I've never been to USA but I get your point, one thing to consider though is that it move the problem but niggers are still trashing another place. Well at least you don't see them

The problem with gentrification is the fact that the upper middle class hipsters it attracts are cucked beyond belief. It's also pricing out the white working class from the cities, but the shitskins get to stay in their corner because they're in public housing.

> The problem with gentrification is the fact that the upper middle class hipsters it attracts are cucked beyond belief
It attracts more people than that, hipsters aren't universal, they're much more common in certain cities than others. And even then, cuckery isn't much of a problem compared to high crime rates, poverty, etc.
> It's also pricing out the white working class from the cities
It displaces minorities first, not all of them are in public housing, they're almost always the ones who protest gentrification in cities.
Usually what happens is they get chased into a certain corner with cheap housing but gentrification brings much more money into the area and improves it overall and makes things for them much nicer overall.

Really generalizing but your right about that, they just disperse them throughout the suburbs and such when they do that. So that decent house you got in a good suburb 10-15 yrs ago has mini ghettos in it and your kid go to a 40% non-white zoo of a school.

No. Instead of being poor and overrun with niggers they become expensive, snobby, and overrun with niggers.

hipsters are just white niggers. they have no sense of community.

I live in Oakland and was carjacked at gunpoint two weeks ago by three young black guys. This was in probably the most gentrified area of town. I have also had my apartment broken into.

The thing is, it's not like these guys can't come to nice neighborhoods. And they fucking know where to go.

Nothing like the good o' days amirite. NO MORE PEASANT POORS

Yes, but as more money is brought into the city it will have more money to spend on the police department's resources and stuff like that will be able to be decreased and minimized. American cities may never be utopian or anything but they could drastically be improved to maybe some post-shitskin European cities' standards of crime.

detroit will rise again

Oakland DP is doing a mass hiring right now because of that ripper slut guap. Bunch of trainees are going to hit the streets in about a year or so.

DP?

The problem is the city's politics are so anti-cop, and that's not changing with the population.

I'm tired of it...moving to San Diego or Sacramento soon.

It's not that great. When gentrification is happening you can score cheap rent, but in reality you're just living in the ghetto with a fresh coat of paint. Niggers are still around, and all the whites are insufferable hipsters and yuppies that turn a blind eye to all the nigger shit going on. They seriously kiss niggers asses thinking nigs give a shit, then act surprised when their properties get trashed. Eventually they give up, move back to a whiter neighborhood, and the next batch of retards moves in. I rented in a "gentrified" part of a college town in upstate NY because rent was dirt cheap and it was close to work. After a year of having my car vandalized by niggers and hipsters lecturing me for calling the cops, I left. I've never been in a position where I hated whites more than niggers, but that city found a way to make it happen. Hipsters and yuppies are legitimate enemies of civilization.

Yeah I have a friend from Antioch who's applying to the Oakland Police Department for a job, he was talking to me about it and it pays fucking insanely well since there's so much demand to reduce crime in the city atm.

It is just a method for developers to make a lot of money and that is why there is all this propaganda on pol and social media. The OP is obviously a shill. Living in higher density apartments is a lower quality of life than living in houses and lower density with lots of green areas around. Apartments are for communists.

Well there's nothing wrong with living in a city, and it's next to impossible to actually buy a house in one, renting an apartment is much more feasible. Besides some high-quality residential building apartments like Q1 offer great amenities and just as high a quality of life as some homes.

Buying property in a city is retarded, especially when most cites are run by democrats that jack up the taxes annually to feed their pet niggers. You rent in a city until you climb the ladder and make enough to move out. Unless you like city life, then you're a lost cause anyway.

No they don't. Only people who haven't lived in them or are shills would say that. They don't offer anything like the experience of living in a house that has a decent amount of separation between the other houses. You don't even feel like you are in your own place because you can literally hear people outside your door or around you at all times.

That is the trap. The trap of life.

"just finish university and you will finally be able to start living well"
"just wait till you are promoted"
"just wait until....."

it is an endless trap that leads nowhere.

NEET and/or underage detected. Unless you're a trust fund kiddie you have to earn your way in life, and those fags are the type that rent "upscale" city apartments. I started out renting shitty apartments, now I have a nice house in a white town. If you think you're graduating high school and buying a house with entry level wages you're delusional or a nigger.

>philadelphia
>mandatory civic engagement class at uni
>city's doing well in the 40s and 50s
>whites and blacks doing alright together
>racial crime not nearly as bad then
>people live in cities because jobs are there
>suburbia projects begin in the 50s
>only offered to white people
>they realize they don't need to live in the city to work there
>fuck ton of white people move away
>consumer body is devastated
>many businesses can't support themselves anymore and close shutters
>leave behind a wake of mostly poor niggers
>conditions deteriorate
>more and more whites move out of west and north philly
>effectively become ghettos
>universities put work into west philly to make it safer for students
>University of Pennsylvania officials gentrify the fuck out of places
>city officials go to dilapidated rows and cold knock on few remaining people living there
>tell them they need to get the fuck out and in return give them the value of the property
>usually like $600
>UPenn demolishes everything
>turns it into expansive walkways with greenery and shitty modern art
>hipsters continually move into parts of north philly and rent cheap
>come in droves to live near the spooks
>leave a wake of pho restaurants
>by and large niggers forced to recede further and further as universities and hipsters force them out of their shitty rat's nests that were only rat's nests because whitey left in the first place

Not gonna lie, it made me feel some sympathy for the nogs, they got double fucked.