HyperNormalisation

You know it's not real. But you accept it as normal.
And you play along just nicely. Change your perception.

youtube.com/watch?v=AUiqaFIONPQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wcy8uLjRHPM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We know the media isn't authentic. We know they try to confuse and gaslight us.

Why do you think the God Emperor is so tough on them? They're breaking down. They've never had the spotlight shone so brightly on their bias and they don't know how to handle it except by doubling down.

I you would know the docu you would know this is not about media.

How about a shorter primer?

youtube.com/watch?v=wcy8uLjRHPM

Curtis gets two things wrong;

1. Unlike the Soviets, we're not aware and disenfranchised, we're aware and participating in the deception.

2. He believes "his side" is immune and is the truth. When it's clearly as delusional and Trump's, and it's adherence to the methodology and normalizing it is what allowed Trump to utilize the system to his benefit.

Also;

He gets lots of shit about the Middle East mixed up/wrong or conflates separate things.

Still a great watch as usual.

saw this, really good. everyone should see this.

Bitter Lake is a worthwhile documentary too

>A ceaseless shape shifter that is unstoppable, because it is undefinable

1. that's true and just makes it worse. "the century of self" by him covers that pretty good.

2. true

middle east -> yes that's true, too, but the main point he makes in Bitter Lake are pretty close to the truth generally speaking

dare I say it... /ourguy/?

I've watched Hypernormalization. he misses a lot.

the difference in America is that corporate interests run the show, and they use the media as their weapon.

no one is ever fired for left wing opinions. very few have lost sponsorships or contracts or corporate positions. our perceptions and morality have been warped to maximize efficiency of the corporate capitalist machinery and minimize friction and conflict.

their ideal world is a single bland, genderless, deracinated mass of consumers with no history and no sense of morality beyond "don't rock the boat" operating in a borderless world of commerce

It's not even a conspiracy, it's the natural consequence of multinational megacorps having as much power as they do.

Also, I love that he's called out quantitative easing.

I've seen some economists on the economic left harping on about it, but regular leftists just plug their ears.

It blows out Neo-Libs and Neo-Con's excuses for their destruction of the labor market and necessity for insourcing cheap labor and outsourcing production.

>/ourguy/?

I've actually been trying to find more on him. But it's hard as I obviously can't speak Russkie.

I also think Curtis is reaching/giving him too much credit on some stuff.

I don't think he lied about success in Syria as part of a confusion strategy - I think it was just a lie.

Same with his funding of opposition groups. I don't think it's necessarily to create confusion. More just old fashioned controlled opposition.

You read Jack Donovan, yes?

What I'm absolutely not sure about is what this implicates. I mean, it makes democracy itself senseless and makes us seem totally unable to change anything since corp is running everything.

This is shit, he's pretentious and literally mix&matching buzzwords like post-truth and he puts a lot of lies and misleading shit in his docs. People fall for it because of his BBC VOG-voice. If you like this you're getting duped by his voice and the ambient music.

lmao no. does he talk about anything beyond men and masculinity?

I don't claim he is right about everything, I just like the approach and the kind of artsy style it all has to it.
I think it's a very good eye opener for normies, which was what he intended I guess.

Your "god emperor" is not authentic either. If you think he would ever be allowed to hold some position of power if the real elites didn't have something on him or if he wasn't their guy, you don't know how system works.

This. As much as I'm happy Hill got fucked it's still pretty obvious that Trump's presidency has been a big distraction by now. Still not sure from what they are distracting though.

Destruction of net neutrality and freedom of speech.
Continuous change to create confusion.
Whichever candidate won, the same would have happened.

I don't think those would need a distraction. General public never cared and never will.

you're tinfoil idiots.

have you not seen the absolute insanity of the establishment? not everything is a conspiracy masterminded by "them". you aren't "woke", you're paranoid.

Trump is the real deal. mass immigration is too important for their plans for him to be a fake. ditto for the nationalist parties in Europe.

As much as I hope you're right, why do you think they would let him win then?

Here's why I don't trust Trump:
The media people are a lot of things - corrupt to the bone, selfish, greedy, etc. But they are not stupid.
It was clear to me one month into the Republican primary that the one thing media has to do to make sure Trump doesn't win is make a coordinated effort to ignore him.
No matter what he says, how outrageous, if the major media outlets just ignored him from the start, he never would have become a candidate.
But no, the media kept falling for the same tricks the entire time. I don't believe this was a coincidence. I believe that the establishment wanted to check the trustworthiness of their media and replace it with new one if it proves to be untrustworthy, so they made it appear like the media is intentionally smudging Trump.
Had the people elected Hillary, that would mean that they trust the media and CNN can go on.

Now CNN will be replaced with Breitbart or something, and Breitbart will be hailed by Trump supporters as bastion of veracity.

user if you think that left-wing opinions are loved by bosses, try starting a union and see what happens.

Social liberalism (LGBT rights, anti-racism, etc.) is now the societal norm, that's what PC is. But supporting syndicalism and fighting for class interests against corrupt DNC elites and corporate powers is not socially acceptable. The SJW culture has been co-opted by the establishment pretty well because elites are smart enough to realise that having a black president and supporting gay marriage is compatible with maintaining their interests.

This is why I can't stand Adam Curtis. He has an interesting thesis, then bends all facts until it fits. All the confusing things he lists are quite explainable if you spend a few minutes thinking about it or researching. Also he got a fact wrong, George Osborne cut the deficit, it did go down, but there still is a deficit so debt goes up. This is like.... the most basic economic illiteracy that you would expect from some punter on the street.

>the roidbro MuscleTrump supporter clip made it in the video

kek

bump, worth watching

but don't you think his thesis in general is right?

Can you recommend a book which talks about these issues?

It's interesting.

I agree with this.

People who say that Trump is simply another globalist in disguise are deluded. Trump has ALL the elite mad. From the elite in banking & finance, to the large cooperations, to Hollywood, to the media giants, etc. they are all against him.

Why? Because he is not easily controlled which is why the GOP do not like him. Also Trump is not a Republican.

Trump is the man who wants to FINALLY reform the system. He genuinely believes it is his mission to do this. Yes he can't speak properly, yes he is not as intelligence as he would like us to believe but he is genuine. His intentions are in the right place which is the best we can possibly hope in the political climate we are in.

But -- and here is the but. I do believe that Trump will be either impeached or assassinated. The political tensions and the social unrest CANNOT go on much longer. I'd give it a year MAX. This has to blow over. There has to be an EVENT which will stabilize things. Either it will be an event where Trump is victorious or where he will be defeated but either outcome will lead to more unrest.

I feel that America and much of the West is on the verge of collapse.

Stabilize the political tensions in Washington b/t the Dems and the Republicans AND stabilize the political tensions b/t the Deep State and the government.

These internal power struggles cannot go on much longer. They will have to subside and for that to happen there has to be a blow over.

image of a non-curtis documentary chosen by a curtis fan used a bump