Was nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki justified?

Personally I think it was fine since the japs struck first, America wanted to use its newfound atomic weaponry and Japan, being the island it is, was a good candidate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bynuBKHXv_U
youtube.com/watch?v=lB3D8dkVFAU
cs.stanford.edu/people/eroberts/courses/ww2/projects/chemical-biological-warfare/japan.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=9nvTd5mNRz0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, needed to test it somewhere.

No. The americans did it as a show of force to intimidate Russia. japan was negotiating peace already.

Also Milo is a degenerate pederast advocate, a pedophile propagandist. Fuck that degenerate piece of shit.

no

Justified: Kinda
Overkilling: Totally

Yes and the Russians deserved to be intimidated

Yeah it was justified. They're nonwhites so it doesn't matter. There's a reason we didn't nuke Germany.

The fact that they needed to drop more than one bomb proves you wrong

All you pussies saying a nuke was unjustified need to be reconditioned

Radiation did Japan good, I mean look at them now they are legit the most uncucked country in the world.

>Strict Immigration laws
>Still have a culture
>Hot women
>Mostly an Isolated country yet still #5 largest economy

Like wtf having no muzzies must be great.

Japs are evil, they eat frogs alive and dissect alive people too.

>have a nation of nips ready to die fight for "muh honror"
>need to set an example
>bang
War over
Now look at the slants.

It's nice to a non-Weaboo American for once. Fuck the Japs

>Japs are evil
The pot calls the kettle black

>buzzwords
i agree with your point but youre trying too fucking hard

Is it true that USA dropped leaflets over Japan warning them about being BTFO by a new type of weapon or is that just a hoax?

Of course. East asians are not human beings.

>was it justified
thats debatable, japan was in peace talks already but refused to accept the severity at which they were losing the war, america killing two birds with one stone decided to both intimidate russia and show japan that it could end it with the turn of a key

Tl;dr wear spf 40,000,000

>ivan calling someone evil
youd think vodka was spelled i-r-o-n-y

You should never kill a civilian to save a soldier's life.

it was probably more humane than firebombing desu

Yes, japs fucked with Australia itself, they got off lightly.

Fuck no. Although I do agree that it was a necessary show of force (even though the Japs were already negotiating a treaty), they shouldn't have dropped it on such a populous area, let alone 2 populous areas. Drop that shit off the coast and let the Japs shit their pants as they realize that that could have been them.

You firebombed their other cities anyway.

Only 1 person in 1 million Japanese eats it
Don't pick up rare one and talk it as all of them.

>the japs struck first

I think you'll find that Roosevelt put an oil embargo on them causing them to lose 85% of its fuel and would stop it's invasion of China months before Pearl Harbor

I think you'll also find that Japan sued for peace under the same rules that were eventually given to them like a month before Hiroshima

I think you'll also find that the Brits and Americans were doing shit in Asia that made Japan nervous, like the Opium war, and they didn't want to become just another British colony

read a history book or something

The emperor wanted to surrender but he had no power. Japan wasn't going to give up without a full scale invasion.

>You should never kill a civilian to save a soldier's life.
Oh, yes you can.

Killing civilians is never justified, it's completely immoral. But to drop an atomic bomb on a city goes beyond that, it's downright cowardly. Arguably the most despicable act in the entire war, how people aren't appalled by it I'll never know.

It shortened the war and therefore saved many allied lives, but was two really necessary?

They did it to save lives, TO SAVE LIVES DAMNIT!
If anything the Japs should be thanking America.
Yeah that's right! You're welcome Japan.

In all honesty I wish all of japan was nuked

Stop being a bleeding heart baby

Germoney wasnt properly subjugated the first time, if you didn't stop the japs we would have had a WW3 15 years later, and Nukes would have been in play both sides.
The fact that we let the japs keep their emperor is the greatest crime.

>implying any actual people were hurt

Who cares about nonwhites though?

Japs were fucking brutal
They deserved it
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

wtf

Have you ever seen a child? They're stupid, annoying and lazy. Obviously soldier > child

>still angry after 112 years

It's about principles, if you can justify killing thousands of civilians with a single act what can't you justify?

>what can't you justify?

Letting retard leafs shit up my Sup Forums board

But I'm not a mod, so I can't do anything.

It was hundreds of thousands by the way! If you can destroy your enemy why wouldn't you do it?

but perhaps millions of civillians would've died in the invasion of the Japanese mainland

>we need to test the bomb, where do we drop it?
>military base? NO
>factory town? NO
>navy port? NO
>the catholic center in Japan? PERFECT!

the japs fighting relentlessly from their hidey holes in okinawa and iwo jima probably had something to do with it. the ground war that could've gone on 5 more years and been bloodier than anything else.

>I think you'll find that Roosevelt put an oil embargo on them causing them to lose 85% of its fuel and would stop it's invasion of China months before Pearl Harbor
Embargoes are now an excuse to chimp out like what the nips did at pearl harbor?

I guess that makes it ok for Russia to nuke the US because of the economic sanctions, right?

If the world thought like you did, then every country would be declaring war on each other for the dumbest reasons.

>I think you'll also find that Japan sued for peace under the same rules that were eventually given to them like a month before Hiroshima

Nope.

There was an attempted coup by some jap generals who wanted to continue the war even after the second bomb fell.

>I think you'll also find that the Brits and Americans were doing shit in Asia that made Japan nervous, like the Opium war, and they didn't want to become just another British colony

Oh, so Japan declares war on the west for something that happened over 50 years ago to China, a completely different country.

Kill yourself, nip apologist.

Yeah, we all know that if you kill your enemies they win.

The only tragedy was that it was only 2 nukes that were dropped, instead of 200.

>japan was negotiating peace already.

They were not willing to unconditionally surrender. The terms of their initial offer were to retain autonomy, control of their remaining military resources, and the return of several territories they had claimed during the 1930's, as well as a fucking trade agreement with the USA to supply them with certain things. Fucking nip retards wanted gibsmedat for a war they started and lost, so they could rebuild and then try again in a decade.

>I think you'll find that Roosevelt put an oil embargo on them causing them to lose 85% of its fuel

Totally justified reason to bomb pearl harbor. You're a fucking slant, aren't you? You know the embargo happened because of the nips goddamn massacring hundreds of thousands of other asians, right?

>they didn't want to become just another British colony

there was no fucking british imperial prescence in Japan at the time

Japan was completely autonomous and even had its own fucking war against Russia, which they fucking WON

Fuck I hate you goddamn leaves

Because the civilians aren't your enemy.

Two weren't enough.

Actual Footage
youtube.com/watch?v=bynuBKHXv_U

Civilians pay taxes and help in war efforts. It was either 2 nukes or a full scale invasion

It was required. I may not agree with the usage of nuclear weaponry, but at the time, Japan was relentless and engraved warrior culture into the minds of their people so we needed something which such terror, it'd bring the mightiest people to their knees and that was the atomic bomb.

If we didn't use the atomic bomb, it could've prolonged World War 2 and risked Japanese invasion alongside higher death tolls for both Japan and America.

It's just another fault of war.

>Japanese people serving their country which allows Japan to wage a war is different from Japanese people serving their Japan to wage a war

Really makes you think

Yes it was justified and Japanese leadership could have easily spared their people from the atomic bombs by not pussyfooting around.

They were beaten and isolated with no way out, and yet refused to play ball. The American high command wanted and deserved nothing less than unconditional surrender. The Japanese military junta thought they could keep clinging to power somehow without looking like total assholes.

America shouldn't apologize for anything. If anyone should be making apologizes, its Japanese wartime leadership. Any Jap that blames Truman or the USAAF instead of Hirohito is a naive, jingoistic kool-aid drinker.

The worst atrocity committed by the Americans was not forcing the emperor to abdicate and renounce his divinity.

The embargoes were an act of war

That's what it was

How else would you describe it? It was designed to stop Japanese military activity in China.

>I guess that makes it ok for Russia to nuke the US because of the economic sanctions, right?

The sanctions on Russia and the proxy war could have very easily led to WW3, especially since that's what the US Deep State wants

>Oh, so Japan declares war on the west for something that happened over 50 years ago to China, a completely different country.

They perceived Asia as for the Asians. If the British were going to conquer it, Japan felt that it should take over as the rightful rulers. At least they were Asian.

What was happening in Asia would be like the Chinese taking Australia and New Zealand as colonies. Do you think the US and its allies would allow that to happen, even if US is not actually in control of Australia?

>enemy uses human shield civilian
>can't shoot, he kills you instead
>he kills the civilian

This, though.

I know molymeme is a faggot, but this video is actually pretty good and basically sums things up rather well.
>still thinking the allies were the "good guys"
youtube.com/watch?v=lB3D8dkVFAU

It was perfectly justified at the time.

Japan was going to starve, which would have killed more than the 2 bombs, guaranteed.

A military invasion of Japan would have lead to a long, protacted and bloody battle, in which the Japanese people would still starve.

Firebombing is just as non-discerning as dropping 2 nukes. If not moreso.

Reminder that the effects of radiation were poorly misunderstood. One of the planned uses of the bombs was to detonate one and then immediately send in US ground forces after.

After the outcome at Midway, every single subsequent tragedy and carnage was the sole responsibility of the japs.

They should have just groveled and went the way of Italy when it became clear that the war was lost.

Does the civilians paying taxes matter? What did the Japanese ever do that compared to killing civilians on that large a scale? Sure the war was ended, but only because the Americans stooped even lower than the Japanese had.

>molymeme

>One of the planned uses of the bombs was to detonate one and then immediately send in US ground forces after.

Source on this? That doesn't seem right..

>What did the Japanese ever do that compared to killing civilians on that large a scale

LOL

Kys, troll

>they embargoed us to stop us from killing chinks, I think we should double down on killing chinks and then bomb them.
wew lad, top tier plan

Yes.

Refusal to man up and surrender was an act of war.

The nukes were ugly, but just.

"Talk shit, get hit."
t. local negro

>unit 731
>operation cherry blossom
>countless pow camps
Takei detected

Justified: Yeah!
Overkilling: Not really

Not an argument.
How are any of those worse than the bomb? What makes the Japanese so much worse?

Explain how thousands of japanese lives are worth that of a single US soldier?

please drop another bomb on my house

i want to die

>does the civilians paying taxes matter

Do you think a modern nation state can wage war without someone paying taxes?

Yes, the Japanese would have continued to fight until the day we took Tokyo if we hadn't, and that would have been worse. The Nagasaki drop was their government's fault though, we outright told them we'd do it again if they didn't surrender and they thought we were bluffing.

>japs would've never surrendered and were dug in
>burgers wanted retribution for pearl harbor
>burgers were curios about the effect of their new weapon
justified 'till here

>then they nuke another city
totally not justified

You guys can't die now. We need you for anime and weird new tech.

What makes a Japanese life worth less than an American one? Is there any tangible reason? If so please show me how wrong I am.

It was not only justified, it was a moral imperitive; if anything, not nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki would have been the true atrocity - a crime answerable not to the Japanese, but the whole rest of humanity itself.

>You have a gun, I want it to murder our neighbor. Sell it to me, or I'm justified in breaking down your door, killing your wife, taking the gun, and murdering our neighbor. BTW, if you try to stop me you'll be vilified by retards for the next 100 years. By the way, I'm going to rape and torture everyone that lives on this street except my family. You're still not justified in saying no to me.

DESU I think we may need to end anonymity on the internet, the shitposting is going too far now.

Unit 731 was enough to justify what we did
Pearl Harbor was a convenience

Yes, if for nothing else then the horrible torture techniques they used and the way their prisoners were treated.

And that means it's okay to kill them?

They're not white. Do you feel bad for a cow when you eat a hamburger?

you can nuke us as you wish and so can we.
stop talking about universal justice or international moral, it's pointless.

also tactically speaking, I think it's ok for America.

If you intend on winning war with them, yes.

100k civilians BURNT ALIVE. Totally justified, they've attacked US military base! USA FUCK YES! USA! USA!

They tried to use biological weapons on the US, and used Chemical weapons on the US.
Nuking them was freegame

cs.stanford.edu/people/eroberts/courses/ww2/projects/chemical-biological-warfare/japan.htm

Watch fog of war. We firebombed cities for months destroying and killing way more than with the nuke drops. It was just a PR move

The Japanese Used Bio weapons on the Chinese , Stop acting like they were innocent victims

I see, and why is a white life worth more than a non-white life? Is there any solid reason why or are you just telling yourself we are inherently better than them to feel better about yourself?

Yup. It was war. And war... war never changes.

Not okay, no. They felt it was necessary to end the war, so be it, but that doesn't mean it was morally acceptable or that we can't judge them for that action.

see

The Japaneses used Biological weapons, that's more then enough reason to nuke them

Doesn't that make the Americans just as bad and remove any credence in the argument for moral superiority?

youtube.com/watch?v=9nvTd5mNRz0

skip to 3:30, they were told to run into the blast and finish off whoever was left.

Good. I hope they fried the fuckers