Tens of millions of Russians living in urban areas are struggling with a lack of basic utilities - 1 in 5 city...

>Tens of millions of Russians living in urban areas are struggling with a lack of basic utilities - 1 in 5 city dwellings have no hot water, and 1 in 10 no indoor sanitation. More than 70 percent of the country’s utilities network is worn out.
rt.com/document/100000000000001000112251/

Daily reminder that Russia is barely even India-tier.

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/document/100000000000001000112251
rt.com/document/100000000000001000112251/amp
rt.com/news/russia-city-utilities-hot-water-indoor-plumbing-251/
pikabu.ru/story/kapremont_khrushevok_pokaliningradski_4839773
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

POO
IN
BARELY LIVEABLE SUBSTANDARD TO WESTERN COUNTERPARTS LOO

> 1 in 5? wtf
> link is 404
nice try, almost spilled my kvas on my FSB ID

You can't deny that if don't live in a major city, a lot of shit is really basic and ,in some cases, downright miserable.

B-but muh nukes

>rt.com/document/100000000000001000112251

Try this one:

rt.com/document/100000000000001000112251/amp

I blame Sup Forums's crappy code

I doubt Russia's propaganda machine would report this

I was just watching a BBC doc about how the Soviets lied to their people and other countries about Chernobyl. Would not be surprised modern Russia are lying about current failing infastructure.

Not that America can brag. We just don't talk about ours.

bitch, at least the Russians have toilets, and actually know how to use them.

where do I find a hot Russian girl who I can save from these 3rd world conditions?

Wow. RT is reporting on this. Maybe it is a way to get support for Putin's buddies to get cushy government contracts to rebuild these buildings and infastructure.

Well I keep seeing shitty ads for dating sites at the bottom of Sup Forums these days. How can Hiroshimoot lead us wrong?

Vladimir dont need no bathroom,only need more vodka

rt.com/news/russia-city-utilities-hot-water-indoor-plumbing-251/

holy shit its true
Union of engineers is a respectable organization. Even if it's not government controlled why wouldn't it be in the news?

What the fuck with those data. Maybe the lowestlife drunkards in the cities behind Ural- yes. But any working man can get him hot water and toilet indoors with no problem. Evev in the far villages.
Lol according to you Putin is so evil he wants to rebuild buildings and infastructure. How devilish of him.

I believe last week Putin or one of his aides made the announcement that about 50% of the housing infrastructure in the country needed severe repair.

Any sane russian understands that Russia is a hell hole. I personally don't know any person who would not fuck off somewhere else.

well it's true
shit wasn't maintained at all sinse mid-80es up until 00s
shit's only lasted so long beause commies had universal GOSTs

still "1 in 5" gotta be some statistic trick from the engineers. they say homes, and i can't find the russian original, but maybe they count abandoned buildings or industrial facilities or dachas

i mean i don't know of any one living without central heating in my city

This is so sad to me because she remind me of my grandmother thats past away. She look almost the same. The feels.

That said, this is result of sovjet russia and communism. It takes time for capitalism to get people out of poverty. But its happening and its a good thing. Hopefully this babushka will get to expirience better condotions before she passes away.

God bless.

been to India as well as traveled around Russia outside of Moscow and St.P.
And you can't compare it with India.
While there is problem of old soviet-era utilities still in use - it's usually people choice and degeneracy what keeps them there. If you want to live better and you are worth a damn - there are opportunities for you in Russia.
I am actually ok that retarded people live in shit.

>Make drink that tastes like bread
NO. You fucking slavs tricked me in drinking it.
[spoiler]It was okay[/spoiler].

Russia built 81 million square meters of housing in 2014. This was around a fifth more than in 2013 and exceeds the previous all-time high of 72.8 million square meters built in 1987.

And still country like that have the power to play a major role in US elections, think about that

Why doesn't anybody fix it? It sounds like there is a demand for utilities companies. I would imagine a guy could make good money selling hvac services

Because ex-communist countries are in some fucking limbo, where all what capitalism, but all what communism also (for them)

It is very hard to do private business because there are so many state leeches

In reality, there is a lot of progress each year in this area and authorities’ work in the sphere of utilities looks very systematic.

>muh Russian hackers

Just stop

Lol I've been to several countries in Europe, been to the US. Still I make good money here and would never flee from mother Russia like you, defeatist cunt. And I wouldn't say there is cricitical difference between the western countries and Russia in terms of quality of living. Improve your surroundings, or you will never prosper anywhere with that mindset.

Why is this impressive if we just discussed that Russia can't keep it's own houses equipped with basic sanitary needs?
I think you need to realize that the only glory your country will ever have will be in looking to the strength that the soviet union once possessed 50 years ago.

>Russia can't keep it's own houses equipped with basic sanitary needs?
It's up to the people who live in those houses.

>Russia can't keep

I'm pretty sure it is not a task for goverment even in russia. Aren't they privately owned?

SUPERPOWER BY 2000

kek

Own houses and new houses are fine and have all sanitary needs.
There are some dilapidated housing which requires resettlement, therefore bringing new housing is important.
Amount of dilapidated housing without utilities is due to the gap of 90s, when nothing was really maitained. But in 2000-2017 there was improvement in living condition every year.
You can't just do nothing 10 years and then fix everything at once without even blinking, but rather should systematically work on the issue year by year.

Nice try, almost spilled my starbucks on my FBI ID

Nah it's more like picrelated now.

cmon man
you know in spring/autumn it'll look exactly like this we're stuck with commieblocks, and it's not good

>put trade sanctions on country for 70 years
>lift sanctions for 10 years
>put sanctions back on country

"HAHAHA LOOK HOW POOR THEY ARE"

Literally kys.

Everything russia touches turns to shit.

That's what happens when your country dumps billions of dollars into buying weapons you can't afford.

well at least you're not our fault you've been that way from the start

Except for like, it doesn't. Russia has improved the far east, and other Republics around it. This is not up for debate. This is a fact.

Well yeah those old khruschevkas didn't move nowhere. What I mean is that more and more people move to the those new commieblocks every year or build their own houses. Mostly old people settle the khruschevkas now.

You can't deny that German men pee sitting down. It's a fact. They have stickers in bathrooms telling them that doing so is good and proper.

apartment blocks is the problem, it'll take a century so that at leact upeer middle class can afford separate houses

At least we're not shills.

Russia is a shithole, but you're either deluded, or trolling, if you think it's as bad as India.

germans bombed the thing bro
what commies built was what commies could afford under sanctions

Oh come on, fly from Moscow to Saint Petersburg on the sunny day - all the area is covered with separate houses and many luxurious ones.
People tend to live in app blocks in the city but nearly every family have dacha or country house.

Apartment blocks are a blessing. Easy public transportation, cheap internet, central heating, gas/electricity, school/kindergarten access etc. The problem is shitty apartment blocks.

Oi oi bloke yeah your commieblocks are soo much better than ours.

Infrastructure, which includes basic utilites is expensive. Its easy when debt levels are low and things are cheap, its hard now.

>germans bombed the thing bro

Nice try:

>Leonid Brezhnev consequently ordered that the remains of the castle be disposed of so they would no longer stand as a reminder of "Prussian militarism." Despite protests from students and intellectuals from Kaliningrad, the ruins of the castle were blown up on Brezhnev's personal orders in 1968.

> remains
> ruins
welp

I want to swoop in and save a cutie, but i'm scared she will leave me.

Did I say Russia was the only country in the world with ugly buildings? I'm talking about overall living standards, Ivan. I know your foetal alcohol syndrome makes critical thought difficult, but you have to at least try.

>Fly between the richest cities in my country and look at all the rich people below

well, now that government can afford it they're remaking khruscevkas into nice looking stuff
again, commies built what they could afford
pikabu.ru/story/kapremont_khrushevok_pokaliningradski_4839773

It's good, I like it. Easy to make.

They're bad hombres

I couldn't find anything in Mexico worth comparing. I tried google but all that returned was a 3d world country that can't flush its toilet paper.

American propaganda

Generally, you are right, Brit.
Russia in terms of living conditions is behind the west with a gap, no doubts about that, at the same time not as bad as India of course.
Furthermore living conditions are not consistent across the Russia.

pls no

Are you a rich Russian? Do you know about the misery of your fellow comrades? I have also heard that alcoholism is out of control it's not just a anti-Russian stereotype alcoholism is a huge problem in Russia is that true?

East-Prussia will be ours again eventually. No need to work on it we will tear everything russian down.

apparently alcohol consumption dropped a lot

Кaк хopoшo имeть бoгaтых poдитeлeй.

And only old people and those who should be homeless treat their house like that. Just bar your windows, get a solid door and make the inside /comfy/

im not poor but probably not middle class though i make more than average in my city
my parents were poor though. well, they still are, i don't yet make enough to support them

alcoholism is a big problem, but it's like with everything else in Russia - it's much better than it was a decade ago. it's googleable, i thinkg alcohol consuption is even lower now on average than in some western countries

Alcohol consumption has peaked a while ago and now it is actually on the lowest levels since ussr dissolution

please stop
we know you don't want it, Yeltsin offered it, and you didn't take it

Who lets their babshka live like this? Get some tools and get in there!

If we give it back, you gonna settle mudslims all over. Walk around central Cologne or Berlin.

Lel

Can I get an honest answer for the overall health of Russia. This includes: jobs, housing, life style, quality of life, food, amenities, man-toys (cars, motorcycles), women, literally everything. Best places, worst places, gangs.

reminder that life expectancy for Russian males is lower than Iraq, Pakistan, Philippines, India etc.

>Hans needs more lebensraum to build more cuck sheds

German men really do pee sitting down

They're the most effeminate fucks in Europe, maybe behind Sweden. Truly a sad shit hole. I like east Germany and easy Germans though

Very bad place. Food is bad, women are bad, no normal jobs, good man-toys are too expensive. No irony.

Does this take beheading potential into account?

And housing is a literal meme.

A lot of this is due to sanctions, as if communism didn't screw over russia enough as it were, russia was also sanctioned/still is to a large degrees.. So don't compare it to india or other places where they just have shit in the streets because they don't give a fuck. Some russian infrastructure might be somewhat in the shit but their streets are clean, they have become extremely purile aswell with the orthodox resurgence. I remember seeing a video of people going around telling them to stop smoking in the street etc.

>Can I get an honest answer
You can't, you won't be able to tell who is telling the truth. Such is life in this age.

Well that sounds gay

:(

*puritan not purile sorry.

>A lot of this is due to sanctions

Nobody is sanctioning sewerage pipes.

>people going around telling them to stop smoking

Russia has some of the highest smoking rates in the world.

What is it with you shills and anti-Russia divide & conquer threads the last few days?
Are you UIDF?

Yeah nah, that ship has sailed. You could have taken it via German immigration 30 years ago, but now you'll fill it with rapefugees and africoons.

I traveled around, including one month in US, one month in Australia, all across europe and asia, and incl. shitholes such as India and sub-saharan africa.

Russia is not consistent, definitely behind the west but not as bad as the third world.

If you are smart enough it gives a lot of opportunities and you can have decent life style in Russia, while affording same life style in the west would require much more efforts due to higher competition.

They will, Canada isn't a place for marrying and shit.

Can you atleast just not misrepresent one of the things i said?

>nobody is sanctioning sewage pipes
Russia has been financially sanctioned by the west for several decades. They generally store longterm food because they are used to it. But that means not so easy to upgrade infrastructure.

>people going around telling them to stop smoking
IN THE STREET..

Yeah when you don't have much but food and shelter, vodka and smoking becomes attractive.. who would've thought. Russians have pretty good discipline and aren't just not giving a fuck throwing shit in the street like in india or whatever. Really people who talk this bullshit doesn't know much about russians or russian history if you think they as a people just are like india tier idgaf live in shit cause i want to, attitude.

Asking about average conditions of living in russia is like asking whats average body temperature of people in the hospital
We have places of unbelievable shittiness and of surprising niceness, as a moscovite i for example think that russia is better than pretty much all of eastern europe and is approaching western europe(although mostly because west is going to shit with mudsime invasions)
But someone from remote eastern siberian village would most likely not answer you at all because they have no electricity there and very vague idea of what the fuck internet is

Thanks, ruskie-Bros. I've never really researched Russia today so I dont know too much except from the memes I see posted here

>Russia has been financially sanctioned by the west for several decades.

Bullshit, there were no sanctions on post-USSR Russia till they invaded Ukraine.

hey, we've got better per capita internet coverage than poland

actually they literally repealed some 1970es sanctions in 2013 only to put them back a year later

but by decades of sanctions, maybe he meant USSR? because yeah i think that would be true

Nah it's not that bad i bet
t. hikikomori from Moscow