Independence When?

Best way to achieve independence? Wait until after the A50 negotiations then call an indyref? Call one now for some time next year? What if May refuses to grant one? UDI?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-38704218
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off faggot, now is not the time to ruin what little unity we have left as Europeans, and Brits belong together. Brits joined together to rule the world, and now are hell-bent on dividing right down to the last council. We should be focusing on returning to that, not degrading what we have left.

Take your muh Braveheart somewhere else scum.

Glaswegian here:

What do you SNP idiots actually hope to achieve by independence? We have a country of like 5 million people. We're practically more a principality than a country.

You know why Westminister gets more say on policy than us? There's 8 million Londoners. We're outpopulated by one damn city.

Sure, some devolution to allow local policy tweaks was a good plan, but we'd never survive on our own in the modern global community.

Quit masturbating to Braveheart, Mel Gibson is Australian anyhow.

I really hope Scotland goes independent, would love to watch them crash and burn

Also from Glasgow here.

I would support independence if it was true patriotism like Trump or Putin, but they would absolutely flood us with immigrants.

>Voted No
>Voted Leave

Im on a 2x referendum roll.

Best way for Scotland to get independence would be to let England vote on it

Well, if we did go independent I'd absolutely support immigration. We have too small a population to function independently, but plenty of unused space.

Plus, the look on the nationalist's faces when they realise the only thing keeping the economy going is accepting people from other countries would be hilarious.

>We have a country of like 5 million people. We're practically more a principality than a country.
"Too small" is literally the dumbest argument against independence.
A small population is a good thing. You could literally become a tax haven for all it matters.

Hurry up and fuck off

>now is not the time to ruin what little unity we have left as Europeans

You could just as easily be arguing in favour of the EU with this line of thinking.

Same here. Fuck the 79 group.

Take us out the union and I'll fucking kill you. It won't happen, no one except s-turd even gives a shit

>Being a tiny forgotten country with no impact on the world stage or economic muscle is a good thing.

Britain is fading away from it's leftover empire cred as is.

Based

Better an irrelevant and vaguely okay place to live than an Iraq invading embarrassment.
International relevance is a meme.

Are you that old guy at the Eastwood toll bus stop who terrorises old ladies by ranting about civil war and invading muslims who want to shaira our blah blah blah hours of angry shouting?

Sure, why not.
Lost my sanity when I got back from New Zealand. (A country too small to be independent.)

Fellow scot.
>Voted no
>Voted leave

Why the fuck do you want Independence? It's a scam and one that almost passed. That little gremlin Nicola Sturgeon and her SNP cronies have proven they can't run the country. The Scottish National Party is ANTI NATIONALISM. Ain't that some logic.

Scotland had literally nothing to contribute to the world and compete with.
Independence would be great but we have nothing to make it worthwhile.

*has

We're better off staying as parasites in the union than following some quasi nationalist ideology into irrelevance.

SNP showed after the Indy-Ref what they're really about, giving up control to the Brussel Sprouts. The top of the SNP is the worst of Scottish Politics, however no other party is viable. Labour is for the muzzies in Southside of Glasgow now so can't let them back in. Torries are actually looking like an option next time round, how fucking mental is that. Independence should come when our political parties are representative of the people which aint gonna be anytime soon m8.

Local municipalities need to be held to account. Contractors are shamelessly milking them for rediculous money.

Yep, I voted for Independence and I voted to leave the EU and all I can say is we dodged a fucking bullet with the Indy-Ref failing.

Soon.
The EU is living its last years.

Based

The greater issue with Scotland is the proportionally smaller Private Sector compared to the Public Sector. To many people doing council jobs and not enough small businesses. Until that gets re-balanced we will forever be dependant on England. The SNP are better than labour at that but we need a Trump level event to shake it up and i just don't see it.

Everybody grabs their guns and says, "We're independent now, if you want the land back come and take it!"

>guns

VOTE NO FUCK THE SNP SCUM AND FENIAN IRA INDEPENDENCE SUPPORTING SCUM

Independence under the SNP, with the likes of Sturgeon and that cow Tasmina al shiek at the helm of the country is fucking terrifying

Independence would be that shake up.
If Scotland isn't yet fit to stand alone, it would be driven to the IMF, who would impose pro-business policy on the government.

All that really matters is that the Scottish Government (all parties) get power over immigration right OP? I mean they have everything else other than defence.

So once they have you, you're 100% cool with thier plan to increase the Scottish population by 7% between now and 2039, and of that 90% being foreigners?

Source: bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-38704218

So basically you love and want more brown people in your country, do I have that right?

Could you please explain why you want an independent Scotland with less Scottish people, and more power to go to the EU who are unelected and unaccountable?

I'd be very interested to hear your reasoning.

I'll save you the bother. He's retarded.

Obviously.

The SNP would collapse after independence and we would have such a volatile political system that a right wing party could come to power. It's far more likely than a right wing party gaining power in the UK.

The 79 group are necessary to make independence popular with the masses.

Nah.

Those figures are meaningless for 2 reasons.

1. The Scottish Govt literally isn't allowed to run a deficit.

2. Most of the government isn't devolved to Holyrood, so it's very difficult to tell what the financial situation of an independent Scotland would be.

Fuck off Orangeman Scum

List of things the Scottish govt don't have control over: Benefits and Social Security, Broadcasting, Constitution, Defence, Employment, Equal Opportunities, Foreign Policy, Immigration, Trade and Industry.

That's a wee bit more than just immigration.

Also, in an independent Scotland, new parties would arise than aren't defined along the Nationalist-Unionist divide. I think with the volatility it's much more likely that a far-right party will gain power in Scotland than in the UK.

I don't love brown people and don't want more of them in my country. And I don't want Scotland in the EU. An independent Scotland outside the EU is my ideal option.