/odg/ Oroville Dam General - Praise Aqua Edition

>What happened so far
- Main spillway got damaged - because of no maintaining - because Cali thought that they will never have that much water again - because of Muh Climate Change. And they needed the money for illegals.
- They closed the main spillway to inspect the damage, water went over the emergency spillway
- Emergency spillway was in even worse condition and it got BTFO pretty bad
- They opened the main spillway again, so that water doesn't go over the emergency spillway any longer
- Main spillway gets slowly BTFO and half of it is gone. But it is stable at the moment.
- They try to "repair" the emergency spillway because if rain hits hard, water will go over it again and rek it even more

> Be careful! There is plenty of old footage marked as livestream!

>Don Pedro Dam's spillway set to be used for first time since 1997
mymotherlode.com/news/local/284537/don-pedro-reservoir-spillway-may-open-after-3pm.html

> Update from AccuWeather
facebook_com/AccuWeather/videos/10154965453052889/
> Hourly Waterlevel
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?ORO
>Scanner
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/24979
> Pictures
pixel-ca-dwr.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000OxvlgXg3yfg/G00003YCcmDTx48Y/Oroville-Spillway-Damage
> Webcam from the wrong side
parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411
> RainRadar
accuweather.com/en/us/oroville-ca/95965/weather-radar/331994
wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=39.56&lon=-121.56&radar=1
> Reservoir Condition
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
> Wind Map
windytv.com/?39.535,-121.469,12,anCziIF
> All reservoir levels
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
> Simulations of flooding
websites.pmc.ucsc.edu/~ward/
> 48-Hour Rolling Data Plot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/137PgSYQtNfLWfEIOTImzeGKgTzVY_awWfzv1pSyZmxE/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gFkm5Jzpd2E
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Oroville_Dam_crisis
weather.gov/
ngmdb.usgs.gov/maps/Mapview/index.html?extent=-17840807.435118,2144142.69513217,-7450980.87311329,11546279.3202729
rainymood.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> Previous Thread

1st for not happening

Oh, fuck it
My highlighting filter was in lowercase, so i thought that /odg/ is currently dead and made this thread.
But the Previous Thread hasn't reached bumplimit yet.

Post here when Previous Thread reaches 300.

it better fucking happen, but with no loss of life

Bogpill me on this new Oroville Dam meme is this the new 9/11 truthing?

IF this happens whats the damage?

nothing will happen

KAZUMA SAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Quick, Give me the link to the video of the dam bursting!

....OH WAIT

Califug here, again.

I'm dead serious that NOBODY is talking about the dam. You can meme it all you want but the reality is that nothing's gonna happen. It hasn't rained here in 3 days, and most of the "damage" cause by rainfall has been resolved. The news is practically back to just reporting about wetback nigger gangbangers killing cops and the cucks around here doing nothing about it. I understand that you guys had fun, but now you're just literally wasting you're time. Might as well kill yourselves at this point.

Praise kek

DIDF out

>doesn't get digits
>can't even be first
better learn to swim calicuck

Told you bitches, Kek aint shit in the land of gold.

There won't be much gold left after you'll have to spend 3B to fix that shit.
Oh wait, you won't fix it.

It's not happening, guys.

Time to pack it up.

/commiefornia/ here, traffic is an absolute nightmare trying to get over the altamont its flooding everywhere and it wont stop raining. Is god punishing california?

Rainy season doesn't end until June ;)

Nothing happening
I give up
Mods delete this thread

hows it going at the dam, dudes?

It's dam wet here dad!

*delets you*
Nothin personnel, kiddo ;^)

Reminder, summer is going to suck. We are going to have record growth and have a hot muggy, mosquito infested summer with record highs.

If this dam breaks, I will take Aqua as my eternal waifu.

It is almost time.

this is what it looked like on the 18th.
can't imagine what it looks like now.
anyone got any recent photos?

Why not fix it with migrants? Community work builds character. And walls.

Bet time

They have been working to shore up the emergency spill way and water levels are down.

yes, with shitty shotcrete that won't hold up if that spillway actually has to be used

inflow 81kcfs

852 ft, 84k inflow, 13.4v

Kek, got more of these?

Livestream. Dam cam with stats.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gFkm5Jzpd2E

res ele: 851.9
outflow: 60250
inflow: 85000

>Aqua from KonoSuba is resposible for this
How long until Megumin blows up an American monument?

>butter butts

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Oroville_Dam_crisis
>The2017 Oroville Dam crisisis a major and ongoing threat to lives and property inNorthern California

Non happening fags BTFO

>shut her butts

>they think it's happening

Is that total dam failure or emergency spillway failure?

Total dam I believe

SMASHING F5!

Almost 852

I heard it's fast-set grout

i bet you also heard the earth is round

FULL HOURLY RESULTS

The water will peel it off like wet scab in the first 5 minutes.

Still going up

If there really was no further risk, why would they even bother doing this? Unless someone decided that this pr-stunt vs the cost of it was a good deal.

It's just there to hold the bags in place, plus it's been over a week since they poured it so it's had plenty of cure time.

Besides, the earth around it will still erode.

84KCFS FUCK YEAH

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

HA HA OW WOW

EROSION-SAMA ^_^;;;

lol.., i made that a few days ago.

I've been out of the loop for 3 days on everything. I read the thing at the top which is a pretty great summation. Are there hints that the dam will break or what? I want a real happening.

Concrete doesn't set properly until about a month after pouring.

You would walk on it fine, but it couldn't take a raging torrent of debris filled water.

Does anyone have a way to find out the exact makeup of the hill in terms of what kinds of rock and where? There's clearly a lot of it that's just mud, but how much?

That main spillway could be creating plunge pools and unseen irregular erosion paths like a motherfucker. We could see pieces of this hill just snap off and tunnels being eroded backwards, inside and/or under the hill

If it only emergency spills a little bit, that should reduce the damage, especially if it was, as it kind of looked, starting to cut a channel under the top of the main spillway.

If it emergency flows a lot, then we just have to hope for a live stream where we can watch the concrete plugs tumble down the hill.

SHADILAY!
AQUA-CHAN WASH THE COMMIES AWAY!

Inflow keeps above outflow, causing them to continue using the emergency spillway.

If that keeps being used, chances of ruining the structural integrity of the main dam increase

Fun fact if you visit the Hoover Dam they'll explain that the concrete in the middle still hasn't cured, and that they installed a network of piping to pump water through the concrete in order to draw off the heat generated by curing so that it would cure faster.

Please let commiefornians get BTFO. yeah yeah muh conservative part but I don't care. It will serve as California's incompetence.

Not much difference in hardness after the first 7 or 14 days, but you're right that the more time it has the better

>Does anyone have a way to find out the exact makeup of the hill in terms of what kinds of rock and where? There's clearly a lot of it that's just mud, but how much?

Give me the grid co-ordinates of the area.

Long-term risk: CCC+, outlook stable
Short-term risk: B, outlook positive

It's hard to believe the spillway is 60k CFS. Reposting as it was late on the last thread.

They could drill lots of small holes to the dam, starting at the top and continuing to drill them lower as the water level decreases.

Problem solved.

holy shit we actually recycled a thread for once

there isn't any good info on that afaik, they though that the main spillway wouldn't have eroded so fast even after the concrete failed because there was supposed to be bedrock right under it, but they were very wrong

Can't compare the two pics, spray is too different, erosion canals are completely different and divert too much water.

39.5380° N, 121.4831° W

The lake is rising now. Major debris in the diversion pool so they cannot use the normal outflow of 15k from the power plant, it is only 5k. Main spillway is still cranking at 60k outflow. This is a catch 22 for them. Need to move debris, they have to shut off the main spill way, shutting it off will cause the lake level to rise faster. what there doing to the emergency spillway is a joke, its like they are putting on a couple layers of paint and thinking a full throttle power washer wont do anything to it.

4.3 inches of rainfall over the last 48 hours in the catchment area. (roughly).

That would probably lead to a total failure of the dam.

>Sup Forums arguing over fluid mechanics
High brow shitposting, something or another.

nevada here, it's been snowing heavily for the past 8 hours - coming your way.
weather.gov/

Southern California reporting in. not giving a fuck about Northern California or your gay ass faggy dam.

ngmdb.usgs.gov/maps/Mapview/index.html?extent=-17840807.435118,2144142.69513217,-7450980.87311329,11546279.3202729

See if you can get that to work.

thread theme
rainymood.com/

wtf are you talking about?? I live in California and there hasn't been a day without rain for like a week

Go to rest of Sup Forums

bunch of threads about a overrated faggot, slide threads, and like 2 other threads of not that are not getting much responses.

Come back here, its Comfy.

In this rate, it'll take 50 or so days for 50 feet.. Feelsbadman

what are slide threads

BOMBOGENESIS

Threads you post pictures of cool slides at playgrounds.

If they fix up the main spillway this will be the best slide thread going