What is the correct stance on euthanasia and why?

What is the correct stance on euthanasia and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pYDvk2JVuV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Legalise it. Someone is sure they wanna peacefully off themselves, why not?

Let degenerates kill themselves, they're not exactly contributing to society anyway.

Euthanasia or assisted suicide?

Because these are two different things that plenty of morons like to mix.

Euthanasia should only happen with the consent of the immediate family and if the person is just going to suffer needlessly.

I support assisted suicide fully. It's your life and you should have the right to death in dignity.

Anyone that has watched family members suffer through cancer and then die as husks of their former selves knows how fucked up the conventional system really is.

suicide isn't illegal anywhere, as in if you do it you can't be punished and in 'most' instances if you survive your attempt you aren't jailed. Regarding doctors who literally breaking their vow to God and intentionally harming a patient, what's to debate about? It should be considered 1st degree murder.

Degenerates?

You claim that a person with a body full of cancer and suffering 24/7 is a degenerate if they want to die with dignity and without suffering?

You are a shitty human being. I fucking hope you never have to see a loved one suffer through something like that.

Cunt.

I guess I'm one of them due to ignorance. What's the difference? I cant google it right now

Euthanasia is given to people that cannot consent anymore. Someone else decides for that person that he or she should die.

Assisted suicide is when you are fully conscious and want to die. So you make your own decision but with the help of the doctors.

yes because suicidal people should be allowed to donate organs. only their brain is damaged. give their eyes to someone who will use them, or their dick to someone who'll give a fuck

so why didn't they commit suicide? why is it some professional doctors 'duty' to murder in your eyes? With proper pain meds, these are likely the most memorable days/weeks of their lives and the memories their loved ones will cherish because all premises of holding back are removed.
t. went through that

Most memorable of your life, not the one suffering

It's a different thing to blow your brains out and to get a cocktail of drugs that kills you peacefully.

It's not murder, it's having dignity in death and being able to go peacefully.

Should be a human right and keep religion out of that shit.

Also, what's a better way to die for the relatives and the person dying?

>Suffering until the end, going to the hospital and having to see a shadow of someone you love and hope that he goes peacefully but not knowing when it will be.

>Person decides to die on a certain date, whole family is there for their last moments and then this person receives a cocktail of drugs so that they can pass away peacefully.

I think people with degenerative diseases should be able to legally and painlessly die.

I would be so lucky to have a week to say goodbye.
it's literally murder, and I was bringing up the doctor who who (at least in America) take a vow to God to do no harm. Biologically, the death is the same, you are an inanimate object afterwards, why should you put your suicide on another human being? In this modern age, even the worst cancer deaths can be medicated to where you are conscious, aware, and confortable. There is nothing dignifying about suicide, but if they so choose to commit suicide then let them. I refuse to allow a 'Doctor' who is supposed to represent the public good to meddle with murder.
>keep religion out of it
It has nothing to do with religion. The oath to do no harm doesn't require religious belief to be a licensed practitioner.
I can tell you've never seen a loved one die, but when you do you should ask them why not just kill yourself? The answer is because suicide is wrong. So why not have a doctor murder them? The answer is because murder is wrong. This is not mercy, a doctor giving suicidal drugs to people is wrong. If your loved one is feeling pain, they up the dosage of meds until the pain subsides, or they take nap, death isn't easy user. You'll go through it too one day, but I sure hope you find God before then.

there are already a plethora of ways to an hero without making a doctor or hospital involve themselves in your sin.

Fpbp

Not your life not your decision

Bad. Human life has value, even if it wants to die.
Soldiers or slave labors are better than a suicidal class.

I think terminal cancer patients should be allowed to have it.

Imagine you have a neurodegenerative disease, you will prefer blowing your brains jumping a bridge or hang yourself to just take a pill?

Or you prefer end up being unable to even hold a glass..

It's not about choosing to die over living, it's about being able to choose how they die.

suicide is already 'legal'. Having commercialized suicide would be profane though.

What do Asian adolescents have to do with suicide?

Also do you think the doctor will do that forced? The ones who already do this ilegally do it because it's only human..

Leave it to the Free Market

I don't care about religious sentiments. People want it as a medical procedure rather than having to blow their brains out or buy helium what's the problem

>It's not about choosing to die over living
It literally is though, that's what we are discussing. Suicide.
>it's about being able to choose how they die
That's suicide.
>Imagine you have a neurodegenerative disease, you will prefer blowing your brains jumping a bridge or hang yourself to just take a pill?
There is no difference, you'd be dead. What you want is for some "Doctor of Death" to murder you and take the sin away. This is nothing about relieving pain and suffering, which already very possible with modern medicine.

My uncle tried, repeatedly. You have no idea how difficult it is to commit suicide in a nursing home.

When they caught him trying to crush his own skull by lowering his adjustable bed, they got the idea.

let them die because the world is overpopulated and if they hate life then why be a burden to those who dont.

You can argue with someone who wants something all you like, but at what point are you allowed to physically restrain someone from doing something that is within their own value system?

If someone thinks that suicide is the best option and nobody can convince them otherwise, then let them do so!

People are fine with euthanasia as long as they are not the ones pressing the syringe.

youtube.com/watch?v=pYDvk2JVuV4

Thanks for the trips, Milt. I know you're watching over us.

>I don't care about religious sentiments
no shit, you're advocating suicide and murder.
>medical procedure
it's not a medical procedure, it's a suicidal action that has no part inside a medical facility or with a medical professional who is has the public trust to do no harm.
You think a doctor who finds it morally acceptable to murder people should be allowed near people who do value their life? These people belong inside a steel cage. If you personally where to push someone to suicide and hand them your gun, you'd likely be held legally responsible too, this is an indefensible position as I'm sure you know, the law doesn't change because the murder where's a white coat.

Ah, but it is a medical procedure. At least that's what the vet told me when I had to put the dog I grew up with out of its misery.

Honestly I think we should be treated at least as well as they (sometimes) are.

>finds it morally acceptable to murder people

Oh I just have to ask now. Are you throwing abortionists, who kill a human who doesn't have the ability to consent, with assisted suicide when someone has given full consent?

>My uncle tried, repeatedly
He's mentally ill then. He should have been given even further pain medicine if that was the issue, or in his case psychological drugs. If he wasn't deathly ill, why was he in there? How could you abandoned a close member of your family to a nursing home? No wonder he was suicidal after having been abandoned, and no wonder you would've supported his commiting suicide to relieve you of your own guilt. Shame.

Correct, but denying a persons right to self determination is also bad. The correct solution is to try to foster a culture of life and morality, but ultimately still allow for euthanasia under certain circumstances.

that reply wasn't for you.
>suicide is a medical procedure
no it isn't. comparing a human to a dog is insane, it tells me you assign no value to human life.
>Oh I just have to ask now. Are you throwing abortionists, who kill a human who doesn't have the ability to consent, with assisted suicide when someone has given full consent?
I don't promote or defend those so lost that they commit suicide. My problem is that a medical professional should be forced or allowed to participate in what is a suicide. It's to take the blame shift from the one commiting the sin. You want to die, so do it. Anyone handing you a gun or walking you to the edge of the cliff is guilty of a crime and you'd not only be harming yourself but them in the process of your self act. If someone has weeks/month/years to live and can do so peacefully without pain, they should have no desire to commit suicide.

chek'd

there is nothing baring you from commiting suicide user. Nor any of these patients. They don't need a doctor of death or a perscribed dosage of something, they need a rope or a gun or a cliff or a box of rat poison or whatever it'll take to murder themselves. This process of self-hatred and self-harm should not involve a "doctor".

Just give them heroin 24/7 and let them live till the end with euphoria and without pain.

I'm not talking about suicide, I'm talking about euthanasia. Suppose you are a bedridden suffering from cancer, or paraplegic following an accident, or living under the assistance of other people. You can't kill yourself alone, so you must have a legal way to do it otherwise whoever helps you might be criminally prosecuted.

My grandma had ALS. Shit was really, really unpleasant. The mind is in tact while the body rots away.
She could not even end her life herself. Luckily, she was able to receive assistance in suicide.

I think the most practical sentiment against legalizing an hero would be the exploitation potential for murderers.

And what the problem with that

>but I sure hope you find God before then.
so it is about religion...

Being a paraplegic isn't a valid excuse, this is just clinical depression for which the prescription should be therapy and antidepressants, not a loaded pistol. You are pushing murder/suicide and sugar coating the profane.

Living in a pain free medicated state for someone with "days" to live should a last chance of saying goodbye, reflecting on your life, recording your final wishes and memories... not thoughts of suicide. These people are mentally ill and should devote their final days to something worthy of their life and humanity.

>whoever helps you might be criminally prosecuted
as they should be, pushing someone to suicide and handing them a gun and yelling do it can/should be illegal. There is nothing morally justifiable about this. This is not mercy, this is not helping them, you are coercing them.
I'm guessing she had months to years of foreknowledge in which she could've comitted suicide. Yet she was a coward and decided to share the blame for her murder with a "Doctor" who will go on making life/death decisions about peoples lives who actually do care about themselves and value their lives. I'm sure the doctor lives an anonymous lifestyle, the executioner always wears a hood afterall. Sick what your country has become honestly. Germany was once so pious and no so ungodly.

>Being a paraplegic isn't a valid excuse, this is just clinical depression
top fucking kek, how do people come up with something this retarded

Yes in that pushing someone to suicide is a crime, just like all the people in this thread are advocating for.
>what's the problem with being pro-murder
I realize the futility of having a conversation about the sanctity of life with someone advocating for murder/suicide, but to directly answer your question in a basic sense, murder is wrong because it denies a sentient human being of life. Suicide is murder of yourself. You obviously have a sick worldview and I hope you one day find some sense of morality.
Try to reply to replies made to you user. You literally skipped through my reply to that user, ignored several non-religious points and focused on a personal note. This argument about why murder is wrong is easily done without involving religion, but it shouldn't bother someone to include religion as it is a natural human belief. Personally, I think it's obvious why immoral atheists such as yourself should not be allowed to partake in serious discussions such as these. Mostly because it always reverts back to grade school arguments of having to explain to the edgy teenager why murder is wrong in the first place.

are you seriously holding the opinion that a physical handicap like a paraplegic should want to kill themselves? Therefore all laws within western society again murder/suicide should go out the window because they couldn't live without being able to walk? I really want to know what your rational is behind this. You realize there are pro-athlete paraplegics right? Most western countries offer them a comfortable lifestyle without work. It's a good life, they are depressed not because of their ambulatory status, but because of mental illness.

>Being a paraplegic isn't a valid excuse, this is just clinical depression
That's a rationalization for human suffering

>the prescription should be therapy and antidepressants
You should not force someone to take anti-depressants on the first place, and this is an artificial and expensive way to alleviate the problem at hand, which is human suffering. Is purposely extending a miserable existence that is suffering moral?

>Living in a pain free medicated state
Lots of assumptions here

>for someone with "days" to live should a last chance of saying goodbye, reflecting on your life, recording your final wishes and memories
This is entirely your opinion. While I can see it, it should not be forced into others.

>These people are mentally ill
Read, suffering because of life debilitating conditions, like any human being would

>you are coercing them
I don't advocate for offering euthanasia as an option, not at all, but if the patient insists on that and is unable to do it the option should not be denied categorically.

Of course you should allow it.

Anyone who is not me should kill themselves anyway.

As long as my tax dollars arent paying for it, people should be able to do what they want. I am literally at work in an oncology office infusion lab right now, and nothing pisses me off more than literal vegetables being pumped full of tens of thousands of dollars worth of meds that i am helping pay for. Ten units of Gazyva? 5k. Five units of Rituxan? 8k. All paid for by us, through Medicair.

I feel like you reach a point where keeping these people alive does more harm to society than good.

If you can't off yourself, hire a lawyer and get a family member or friend to help off yourself.

Create a contract/have laws that allow this if you want, but keep that crap away from medical providers/field in general.

suicide is degenerate in all circumstances. i certainly think that people should be free to do so, and it's very easy to understand why some people would want to in cases of extreme pain, but that doesnt make it right or any less degenerate

>rationalization for human suffering
What human condition couldn't be argued as that? It's a mental illness, there is no physical reason for them to desire murder/suicide.
>you should not force them to take medication
nobody would force them, in fact most people are able to cope with lifes problems without medication.
>miserable existance
I do not consider paraplegics to be miserable. Or are you applying another arbitrary human condition to justify your pro-murder stance? In either case, I am sure a mentally competent person who wished to end their life could do so without perverting the entire institution of medicine in the process.
>lots of assumption
There is no valid assumptions/reason for doctor assisted suicide/murder.
>this is entirely your opinion
This was a list of possible choices a sane person would do. You could play cards or something if you wanted to. I'm not advocating you be forced to play cards by making that statement either.
>because life debilitating conditions
There are many people with these same conditions who do not wish to perform this selfish act. You do a great disservice by comparing the two, not everyone is this so inhuman as to commit suicide.
>like any human would be
the only commonality we are discussing is a non-emergency with full access to modern medicine. There are few if any conditions of pain that cannot be effectively comforted. This all boils down to condoning murder and cheapening human life, which you obviously assign zero value to, because you are advocating changing western law to allow for legal murder.
>if a patient insists
if someone asks me to murder them i'll tell them no. A doctor does not get afforded special rights to murder.

The common theme here is, people who want to commit suicide but want to share the blame by involving a doctor who has no problem morally with murdering someone. It's sick by whatever angle you view it.

>I wanna commit suicide but i want someone to just murder me
It's like suicide by cop, but the cop is willing and enjoys it.

No one asked to be born, no one should have to ask to die.

I'm saying you're a retarded kid if you think not being able to walk, have sex, and having to piss and shit into catheters and colostomy bags is a comfy life and the people forced to live this way aren't justified in contemplating suicide because DUDE IT'S JUST A MENTAL ILLNESS LMAO.

it's a good thing I stopped reading your stupid post earlier because
>Living in a pain free medicated state for someone with "days" to live should a last chance of saying goodbye, reflecting on your life, recording your final wishes and memories... not thoughts of suicide
you've clearly never seen someone dying of cancer

>What human condition couldn't be argued as that?
That's a false equivalency. You going through a break up is different from not being able to move your body from the neck down.

>I am sure a mentally competent person who wished to end their life could do so
That's the entire point, people who are mentally competent and choose to end their life, but due to physical disabilities are unable to do so, should have the option.

>There are few if any conditions of pain that cannot be effectively comforted. This all boils down to condoning murder and cheapening human life, which you obviously assign zero value to, because you are advocating changing western law to allow for legal murder.
hahaha wow ok. There are a myriad of human conditions that impose suffering that can be merely lessened, not erased. I'm not cheapening human life either, I am giving it the dignity of having the agency to choose its own fate. Conflating euthanasia to legal murder is a dishonest comparison and you know it. You're better than that.

Your position eventually boils down to people who want to kill themselves should do it on their own. And I agree.

Yet people who due to medical disabilities are unable to kill themselves on their own should be forced to be drugged, prolong their suffering and be a financial burden for their family and society?

Does not make sense on either moral and financial standards.