What would Sup Forums like to see from urban planners?

We have more power to shape/fuck up your daily environment than you know.

Other urls found in this thread:

skytran.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyTran
youtu.be/NTJQTc-TqpU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_and_Sharing_Day
youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8&spfreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=sLCHg9mUBag
youtube.com/watch?v=J_Vyo3LdMa4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to see balance between nature and modernism

modern concepts for public transportation that appeals to car owners and essentially tempts them into giving up using their cars for small trips, thus contributing less to PM2.5 concentrations.

>What would Sup Forums like to see from urban planners?
mass suicide

>what if that lady fell?

the destruction of every major city in america.

suburbia for life you urbanized shitweasels.

stop it with that SHIT modern architecture
also figure out how to get blacks to stop throwing their chicken bones everywhere

He always has ugly bimbos in his harem

>no more urban centers
>somehow there will be suburb(urban center)s
didn't think that through did you

You do realize that the purpose behind that set up is to encourage a fusion of traditional and modern values? The Japanese garden is a distinct cultural aspect, it isn't supposed to be emblematic of nature so much as it is emblematic of the traditional culture.

parks,more parks, small parks better than large one's unless the area is unsuitable for anything else. Big parks should have schools and kindergardens in them.
Protect historic areas at all costs.
Express roads surrounded by at least 300 m of trees vegetation that cut a city in half for heavy traffic
bury all inner city railway lines,build roads on top of them,this is cheap too,
outer and middle ring roads ,again with vegetation or half buried so big city doesn't get flooded with cars..
Put the bussiness area near the centre but not too close or two far, Manhattan is actually a good example of how you can integrate a natural swampy island in a city
A city should have a civic center (mayor,gouverment buildings etc) that's in the opposite part of the bussiness district . Less crowding,less chance of letting a city go focused on one area.

Lots of elevated trains or possibly trams, possibly running between high-rises/skyscrapers, they would save space at ground level like subways and provide an interesting additional public transport alternative.

Its hard to find pictures of traditional local values since we got bombed and burned to hell at the end of WW2 for us.

>urban planners
I'd like to see more urban planners in bread lines

Cities that have organic ethereal structuring, I want to see cities that look like God grew them out of the ground, a fusion between cyberpunk, and nature elves

Where's the lady? Behind the whore?

The Trumpfag is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a nazi, racist, sexist, autist, neckbeard, basement dweller, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a rural and suburban retard and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

>he always uses a condom to fuck them because they will try and trap him 24/7
>condom sex

Artificial Island Cities.

Make streets so that buildings are as close to the road as possible. That's how cities are supposed to be.

Hypercities. Follow the European model and make cities very walkable. Force buildings to all have skybridges to eachother to cut down on street traffic. Use roof space as walkways and parks. Stop fucking wasting space in general.

I have alot more because studying city planning is a hobby of mine, but as an inhabitant of LA this is my biggest fucking pet peeve.

Urban centers need a final solution.

>hard to find aspects of our culture since we got bombed
>this statement was made in reaction to a comment on JAPAN

I'm sorry, but Germany was not nearly leveled to the level that Japan was, even before the nukes, the sheer destruction of almost every major city in Japan is hard to conceptualize, but rest assured, they were completely obliterated on a level that Germany simply wasn't, and yet here they are retaining their race, their culture, and their heritage, all while keeping the same flag.

maek mohr roundabouts

this. and super high tech buildings inside caves and waterfalls.

Something like this.

skytran.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyTran

Make things harder for cyclists. They are getting way too uppity for a group that doesn't pay into the infrastructure. Hey, that reminds me of something...

Do everything more like in bioshock infinite.
Have realistic statues and sculptures everywhere.

Is that the guy who fucked Claire Abbot in her prime?

hive cities were all people do is shitpost and worship kek

Outlaw brutalism.

This, roundabouts are really nice too, much better than traditional stop-based intersections.

This. Cities should be compact, low car traffic, public transportation should be affordable, nice and extensive.

RED LIGHT DISTRICTS, STEVE

Way more "market squares" similar to old cities of Europe. A very large area where there are no roads for cars, only stores, bars, restaurants and people walking about.

I disagree with making things harder for them. I would like to see more bicycle paths and I would also like to see bicycle registration. That would help pay for new paths to avoid them from going on roads for cars

Modernism and nature combined in major cities. I'm talking on the way to work in NY you drive through the pine trees and go to work.
Afterwards, you rest in the garden outside your office and get ready to go back home. As you drive away you see the sweeping roofs and glass buildings.
THIS RIGHT HERE.
If you make this you will be pic related for eternity.

>Outlaw brutalism
How about no.

>Revolt of vitalism -- destruction of the cities in fire!

Please get architects who have contempt for postmodernism. American cities are such a shitty, visually retarded mess because of postmodernism (not only the values, but the actual """aesthetic""").

It doesn't have to be traditional, or like a generic form of traditional architecture (not as gross, but still bad). Most architecs will say that generic traditionalism is even worse, because it's less creative and etc... But they only consider that because they want to be known as good architects and spend a lot of time looking at buildings and shit. Most people don't look at buildings constantly, or know anything about planning. But they do deeply appreciate classic and traditional architecture, with creative changes in good taste. It's not that much to fucking ask for from architects.

Also this.

so much homeless cum would accumulate in those. we dont need more NEET inducing antisocial things like that too

Fuck cyclists, they think they own the street AND the sidewalk. And that fucking vegan like attitude of shoving their supposed moral superiority for riding a fucking bike. They will be the third ones to go on the day of the rope.

Stop dropping low income housing complex in the middle of suburban areas.
Hot beds of crime, lower class assaulting the middle class. Many such cases

That sounds like an oxymoron

>implying its the planners who do that and not the cucked mayors looking for some more voters

Make rapture from bioshock 1 but on land.

more white flight and more ethnic conflict

Dear g-d, why in the fuck not?

Austere, open, balanced, logical, sturdy, and idealistic with Greco-Roman aesthetics and material. The Rockefeller center would be a good modern example. A fusion of Art-Deco modernism with the Hellenic ideal.

>Why was not one hasidic arrested?

Source?

>Buffalo_City_Court_Building
I really hope Buffalo City has an absurdly high nigger population so this thing sees plenty of use

is that a real place? wow stunning

Think BIG

youtu.be/NTJQTc-TqpU

Or model your urban centers on the needs of the humans within it not just to cater to the transportation devices of the moment.

Something akin to Frank Lloyd Wright-esque modernist design in place of both traditional architecture and random stupid degenerate postmodernist shit. It has both character and is aesthetic while still looking like it fits in in a modern urban setting.
Most cities already have places like that
> What is an old market
> What is a farmers' market
> What is an old city
There are cities with subways that are clean and well-maintained and don't go to shit. You just have a bad impression because the US is full of niggers and subhumans on the systems ruining them.

Do whatever you want, I dont care.

t. Rural landowner free from pond scum-tier city regulations and 'planning'.

It's in Serbia iirc can't remember the name

If that's Buffalo, New York rest assured it does.

This

Ghetto walls for niggers and spics.

Crown Heights riot, 1991. A rabbi ran over a couple niggers and killed one, therefore chimpout. That's Al Sharpton in the middle.

Why the fuck do you want ugly looking shitty like this tainting a city?

More porous cement in sidewalks and swales to prevent stormwater runoff and help replenish the water table. The only real power urban planners have.

I do not see that in American cities at all. Been to Europe a few times, there market squares are nothing like we have here. I'm not talking about farmer's market and there is no 'old city' section in American cities. I suppose my choice of words was not the best, thats why I put it in quotes, I just mean a "square" in general, in fact fuck the stores just have a large plaza with only bars and restaurants, thats what i want, without the annoyance of cars everywhere and in an open area.

Also, that rabbi's birthday is a national holiday.
:^) :^) :^)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_and_Sharing_Day

I'd like you assholes to stop building more cities; and stop making DC expand indefinitely

stfu

urbanism is a limp dick and facing dead ends. firstly because its not in control of the disaster of architectural styles. second because its falling in the trap of eliminating cars due to progressive entrapment in cities.
architecture and urbanism are due to a revamp in their orders. the cycle of styles has to turn itself into classic values once more, but its seemingly impossible since we live ina n era of aesthetic nihilism and individualism.
same as the concept of philosopher king, theres an architect king, its the logical step in which a planner will enforce order through stylistic rules. styles are emergent, and as such they fruit frrom a few rules. urbanism should look into rules that make our cities more orderly and stylistically sound

now onto the car issue, its known by now that the future is in automated cars. this bullshit of walkable cities is going to condemn cities to high real estate prices, and yougn people to live anywhere but inside. youre telling them they cant move but through public services. traffick of coruse is a problem of space, so the future of urbanism is also the future of industrial automotive design.. small automated cars will compact the xstreets and make it more fluid. the future in everything is always centralization, hopefully one day obsessive walkification of cities (which is ok but not the be al end all) is going to be like talking about communism

Yeah, because who wouldn't want Brutalist buildings like this Blade-Runner-esque dystopian looking shit?

>the future in everything is always centralization
descentralization

Yes user, it's a place called Mostar and like user said, in Serbia.

Brutalism theme: youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8&spfreload=10

It's like it took all the shitty elements of fascist architecture (which was legit bad imo) and all the bad ideas about postmodernism, then proceeded to create the single worst form of widely accepted architecture possible.

We have a park in Sandpoint (my closest 'city') which is a whole block that plays host to a farmers market and some food trucks a few days a week all summer and fall. Its overflowing. I give it five years before they have to hold it somewhere else, at this rate.

It is nice and a lot of people make a decent living off it, more people my age (20-30s) than id expect too which is good to see. Only bad part is the dumb 'sculptures' in it, and this pavillion where shitty musicians go to play. But I dont live there so I guess its not my problem to gripe about.

stop, I can only get so erect
perhaps I just being a bit of a contrarian, but I actually like a lot of brutalist architecture.

Just apply a public recreational space to everything you build. I've had the luck to grow up in a city with very sophisticated city planning. Even if they build a bridge outside of town, they would use the space under it and put little slopes and green spots on it. Those additions didn't need any maintainance apart from the ones wanting to use it.

Here's an example of what a chalkboard alone can accomplish. But don't fool yourself. Not placing such things in our cities is deliberate. It'd drastically lower the GDP

Thats good, can only hope in the future more places have things like this rather than just individual buildings sprinkled about across the city.

This

Brutalism is a sign of Communism, Marxism, but also has evil occult meanings within the designs.

Mostar and it's not in Serbia(yet keke)

That's actually pretty good, the best brutalism can be.

Not true, you probably live in a city which has the luxury of being "walkable." I live in Las Vegas, which is essentially an endless series of suburbs and strip malls constructed in the same, boring style depending on which area of town you live in, occasionally dotted by awful, prison-looking public schools with all public buildings in the same, uninspired, vomit inducing, new age sandstone "southwestern" design, all revolving around a sick pit of sex, drugs, gambling and alcohol. The complete lack of meaningful public transportation, the soulless and profit-oriented sandstone colored plaster strip malls, etc. It's a miserable existence, and for you to sit here and pontificate about how walk-ability is obsolete seems to be out of touch in my view.

Yeah. If I was going to be in a city stuff like that would make it more tolerable. Its surrounded by a coffee shop and a couple of restaurants, and shopping is a couple blocks away so it flows relatively well.

Im just too individualist to live in town I guess. Id feel weird and strangled having to pull building permits for everything, not having my own well and having to pay a service for water, having to pay trash instead of using a transfer site etc. I grew up like that but none of my family have gone back to it. Except my brother, but its part of his long term plan to have a series of rental houses in Spokane, and he still doesnt like it lol.

Still my favourie youtube video of all time.

Can you imagine living in a place like that

>using nazi quotes

I love how you leftists are the real would be totalitarian dictators

holy fucking shit who is that blonde???????

EPCOT (The real one)
youtube.com/watch?v=sLCHg9mUBag

VENUS PROJECT
youtube.com/watch?v=J_Vyo3LdMa4

Brutalism needs to come back, modern architecture looks like dogshit.

I want them hanged.

>I want ... modernism
Fuck off Chaim.

>Reeee Im a cucked apartment dweller dependent on external services and addicted to consumerist amusements: the post

I went to secondary school with the guy who made that. Cuh-razy commie Filipino. The most studious and uptight guy in school.

walkable cities are a must, im not going to refute that, its an essential element, the most basic transport connection, its also the one with most commercial rentability (walkway busineesses sell better), also walkable cities are more humanly designed and friendly

its also limited. the trend as of lately has been to shun what usa has done with its cities, but theres an upcoming deconstruction of what we understand as cities, both the american and european mdoel (which depends on state investment of mass transport) will ahve to adapt to driving automation and other mass transport technologies (maybe cheap tunneling). continuing with the american suburb city is a mistake, there will be a third way in which everything is taken into consideration

puking_anime_girl.jpg

I absolutely hate roundabouts, fewer people use them correctly.

I actually just hate other drivers.

>modernism
fuck off with your clean line soulless bullshit you ikea twat.

Less fake tits more naturally grown tit meat.

Remove non-whites. Aesthetics will follow.

stronger lampposts for coming race war

Celestial alignment

Mega city one
Mega city two
Texas city

Make it so.

fewer nazi trash cans

>He isn't a modernist.
I think you're confusing the awful, deconstructionist, abstract, leftist style known as "postmodernism" for the confident, optimistic, and grand style of Modernism, with its most notable manifestation, Art-Deco, giving us the likes of the Empire State and Chrysler.

A return to imperial Roman inspired grand buildings in the center of cities. Buildings that will be here for thousands of years, with open space and columns. Also statues

Venus Project is a meme, circular cities are extremely hard, impractical, or not as good as alternatives for several reasons.

Both buildings would look far better if they were stacked Corinthian columns/pilasters and arches.

>Someone in the rabbi's motorcade loses control of his car and gets into an accident
>Runs into a few niglets
>Before the ambulance can free niglets, another hasidic ambulance gets the Jew out of there because he's getting attacked by bypassers
>Niglets die because they got hit by a car
>Dindus dindu nuffin for three days
>Two people are murdered, one is Jewish and one looked vaguely Jewish, but was actually Italian
>Black NY mayor at the time loses his re-election because he failed to contain the riots
>Court declares Jew who hit niggers had no criminal wrong doing
>Jew runs to Israel
>Niggers lose more ground in their own neighborhoods to hasidic Jews, but now hasidic Jews have no tolerance for their bullshit

So, are niggers really just that incompetent and illogical?