Why is driving on the freeway so fucking frustrating?

Why is driving on the freeway so fucking frustrating?

How are the drivers in your city/country, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3W8uNgWuJ-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's always fun to drive, in a miata.

Pic: My miata.

Because faggots like you are posting on Sup Forums in their cars.

10/10 autobahn, would recommend

>be 17
>out with a rich friend in his porsche
>we get food
>"here user, you drive so I can eat this"
>I don't know how to drive
>don't want to admit it
>drive for the first time in my life, down I-95
>almost kill us on 3 separate occasions
>way over the speed limit

Driving is fucking scarry

Also, what the fuck is a freeway? Is that like a Canadian version of a highway?

*scary

I never really understood people that act so autistic when driving. I get cut off all the time, I'm just like wow what a jerk. Everyone else is like ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME BUDDY *HOOONK*

Like calm the fuck down. No one would even care if you died. So many fucking autists in this country. Fucking honking all the time. SHUT THE FUCK UP. Oh the light has been green for .5 seconds better honk *HOOOONK*

FUCK typing this out raised my blood pressure.

In other words, fuck you leaf. Quite sperging out like a fucking autist.

They drive 70-80 mph to wherever I'm going most of the times I'm on the road.

I love the freeway.

I dont live in some metropolitan overpopulated shithole so hardly see any other cars on the freeway or interstate

stay cucked city slicker leaf

It's good as long as there is no traffic jam. And no matter how fast you go, there will ALWAYS be someone overtaking you on the Autobahn with ease.

>driving on the freeway
>regular signs on the side of the road that inform that dummies that the left lane is for driving and the right lane is for passing
>regularly signs on the side of the road saying "Let faster traffic pass"
>Every single day on my way home from work
>Some cock sucker going 110km in the fast lane, not moving over, going the same speed as everyone in the left lane
>Traffic builds up because of this

Any other B.C Vancouver/Langley/Abbotsford bros that know this feeling? For suck sakes. BC apparently has the worst drivers in Canada.

You must be a wagecuck.

I live in a small former mining town. About 1/3 of the residents are elderly handicap drivers that can't drive for shit.

I routinely get pissed off daily, but I know they don't mean what they do. There is almost a weekly wreck on the same spot every day at one of our only 4way stop lights.

I strongly believe that anyone over 60 should take a driving test every 2 years. Every year past 70.

faggots in oregon do this all the time. My friend who lives up there always talks shit when i keep changing lanes to pass and then get back on the right until i need to pass again. That's the one thing that drives me fucking nuts is when people make a rolling roadblock

This is exactly why we have manual transmission. So that fucks like you can't even leave the parking lot.

And a fucking Porsche with automatic? Tell your friend to kill himself.

Faggot

i live in vancouver, i dont go anywhere during peak hours of traffic. id rather just wait till real nigga hours to get anything done in this god forsaken shithole

Only thing that bothers me is no turn signal and tailgating. I'll be driving 10 over the limit and some idiot thinks being on my ass will make me drive faster when i'm just going to slow down instead because fuck u

What can be done about this? Should there be punishments for holding up lanes? Sometimes it's so bad. I don't get road rage for anything else, all I ask if that you simply obey the rules of the free way.

absolute cancer

some fucking subhuman peasant shit taxi driver ran over my friend 2 months ago. fuck the fucking untermensch in this shit hole country. I hope there will be a civil war or something

>never experience driving on the 401
lmao snowflakes. there is a reason we have broken world records for shittiest

Miatas are great cars, though they are now called MX-5s in america as well.

I built a NA Miata and gave it to my parents for christmas, completely redesigned the interior including the door panels. If you wanna clean up your miata interior I recommend buying batting and some nice pleather, buy luane plywood and trace your current door and holes.

That said I own a Nissan Titan 2009, as well as a low mile 09 370z 6speed MT. Love miatas but they dont hold a candle to the might that is the Z.

I drive from langley to ubc every day. Driving down west 12th is brutal during rush hour. Fucking zipperheads aleay either om their phones in the middle of traffic or cutting you off then slowing down. Takes me 2 hrs to get back home

England, for all its faults, has a standard of driving I have never seen elsewhere. They are very good drivers, especially on the motorways. People go with the flow and speed of traffic and accidents are rare. Even driving in large cities is far better than in Continental Europe. The signs make sense too - they tell you how far away things are, in what direction and will always name the next town or village.

Contrast this with where I am from - Liechtenstein. The Swiss are terrible drivers. The Austrians are better, but the whole road system around us is idiotic. The signs are pointless if you do not know the area; a junction in my nearest town (Feldkirch) will present you with the options of Milan, Zurich, Stuttgart, Innsbruck and Vaduz. Some of these places are 250km away. If you want to go to Rankweil, the next town, you have to just guess. It is fine for us because we know, but navigation on a local level is terrible in the Germanic world.

My only complaint is with the roads, they are not in good condition. Okay, good in places, but in small streets they have deep holes.

Based burger.
>people raging for losing 1-2minutes while driving
>same people sit and watch commercials

>Freeway
CALIFORNIAN GET OUT
REEEEEEEEE

most states have laws against 'impeding the flow of traffic'. However that is kind of vague, and hard to enforce, since some fag will be doing a half mph faster than the car he's passing and claim he was actively passing. The only solution is roadside executions.

>People who sit in the passing lane doing 20 under on the highway
>can't get around other slow traffic
>nobody knows what flash to pass is

Everyone in Canada drives SO fucking slow it's frustrating beyond anything. I don't understand why. The speed limit is 80 km/h dipshit not 50.

Fucking this

I will never stop getting off by slowing down to the speed limit and blocking speeders from passing me by driving adjacent to a big and slow truck. Honk and rev all you like, pussyfart, nobody can stop me and if you hit me, I'll take your gay ass to court and embezzle your retarded kid's college fund

I hate driving anywhere because there are always people in my way.

Yeah, they won't compete in power. My saying is that "They are the most fun you will have going the speed limit" because it can't really handle anything over it and the sway bars aren't very stiff.

In brazil as long you are driving 150% above the limit is ok. If someone dies in the middle of the road, everyone stops to film and point the guy to post on facebook. Its a regular country like any other.

I do this desu

She wore that shirt for the guy who works the produce aisle at Trader Joe's.

Sounds like Italy

The only good thing about brazil is the street chases, you fell like its gta

youtube.com/watch?v=3W8uNgWuJ-g

A highway is any major public road. Freeway is an express highway. Something along those lines.

The term is used quite a bit here in America.

Just need to go aftermarket for everything with that car, theres endless stuff. But I will admit I dont go the speedlimit all that often except on station where I am. Get yourself a Valentine One and it will do you a lot of good on the road.

It's shit, traffic jams are a daily occurrence and you can't go 2 or 3 miles without running into a wall of cars. It's so fucking bad that our hov lanes are toll lanes which you have to use if you don't want to spend an hour to go 10 miles down the road. And yes, public buses use this lane.

In my area:

Downtown: pure cancer. People trying to make last second lane changes because they just realized they're in the turn only lane, when they meant to go strait. Causes traffic standstill. Taking up both turn and strait only lanes, so no one can go anywhere. Plus lane changes without signaling. All cars downtown have fucked up bumpers and doors. I just take the bus when going down town.

Suburbs: soccer moms fucking around on their iPhone while driving their Honda CRVs. Causes accident.

Countryside: bliss. No traffic, no stop signs or lights. No speed cameras. Roads are silky smooth. Good alternative when highway is backed up, because normies GPS systems don't have these roads mapped and they don't know their way around, so they stay off them. Great for going out for a ride on the motorcycle.

Highway: hell on earth. Big rigs hogging the passing lane, soccer moms driving 60mph in the cruise lane, so nobody is going anywhere. Accident backups everywhere. Morons should be banned from using the highway in a just world.

Fuck Audi drivers.

Its not frustrating if you know how to drive. If someone makes moving road block in the left lane just ride their bumper super close until they move

It's fucking shit. Don't even get me started when we get any precipitation. Fuck off, we're full.

t. Denver

I've only gotten mad one time during driving.

I was making a left turn, and there were two lanes that turn left. Since it was busy, I could only get in the lane on the outside, even though shortly after turning left I would need to get in the left lane to take the route I needed.

Fucking...I turn left from the rightmost lane, and then as I'm trying to change lanes to the left afterwards, people won't let me in. They all fucking speed up and shit.

I ended up having to swerve over into the lane cutting someone off, so he or she slowed down, then I merged.

The person honked at me and I was fucking mad. I slowed down and made some angry gestures at the person...may have yelled some stuff out the window too...then I drove off.

For some reason that really pissed me off. I knew it was going to happen too, whenever you need to change lanes people act like a bunch of cocksuckers.

People who complain about driving are annoying faggots, and they do it every single day and let everything get to them
If you can't handle it take the bus or walk faggot. Otherwise man up and deal with the fact most people are idiots and never expect anyone to do what they are "supposed" to, that's how you end up dead

denver's a breath of fresh air compared to seattle

t. transplant

this
and speed limit usually 65, some guys are driving speed limit than a lane ovver someone is driving 50 another lane someone is going 85 and none of them are paying attention to their surroundings

The grass is always greener or browner somewhere else. I don't care about your shitty, dreary cuck city. Kill yourself and take a few calicancer fucks with you.

That's why I only take toll roads. Free market ftw.

But all the toll roads here are government owned.

Driving in Florida isn't that bad until it becomes winter when the FUCKING SNOWBIRDS FLOOD OUR FUCKING ROADS AND CAUSE TRAFFIC JAM AND LOVE TO CRASH INTO EVERYONE AND EVERYFUCKINGTHING STOP DRIVING YOU ANCIENT FUCKS HIRE A DRIVER OR SOMETHING BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ALMIGHTY STOP GOING HALFWAY INTO THE FUCKING INTERSECTION WHEN IT'S A FUCKMOTHERING RED LIGHT DAMN YOU ALL I HOPE YOU SHIT YOUR DEPENDS WHENEVER YOU DRIVE BECAUSE OF ALL THE CURBS AND PEOPLE YOU LIKE TO RUN OVER

FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK!

Hah, do you live in commiefornia?

Texas actually. They originally put in the tolls on the promise that after it was paid for, they'd get rid of it. Obviously, that never happened.

I have a bad habit of speeding and I'm really fucking paranoid about getting caught despite knowing literally everyone does it

Terrible. No one here uses their blinkers.

Poor city planning and lack of relief roads as cities continue to grow and overburden their infrastructure. The highways that were built today were never built to accommodate the increased traffic due to immigration and movement of people into large metropolitan areas at the rate they have been.

>This is exactly why we have manual transmission. So that fucks like you can't even leave the parking lot.

Not really a problem in America, literally 99% of the cars are automatics.

>And a fucking Porsche with automatic? Tell your friend to kill himself.

My friend was some rich Russian kid, they have no taste.

you sound salty

I hate people who speed. It's annoying because when someone is going the speed limit and needs to change lanes your faggot ass is coming up flying behind them.

I hope you lose control of your vehicle and crash.

One million times this. Fuck people and their rushing to go nowhere. Especially people who just have to change lanes 4 times and clusterfuck maneuver their way forward only to end up one car ahead of where they were.

I'm from Dallas. I didn't realize the NTTA was government run. Still though, they are not tax funded, they have to make their own money through tolls, which puts them in the free market. All of toll roads I have been on are in good repair, have no traffic, and less cops.

>Driving in Florida isn't that bad until it becomes winter

Driving in Florida is literally always awful. I grew up in south florida (hometown of Miramar/Pines, school in Plantation, family in Biscayne/Hallandale Beach/Hialeah) and it sucked 24/7.

Bunch of old people, entitled jews, angry cubans, stupid european tourists....absolute nightmare 24/7. But it's all worth it when you're sitting on the beach in Key Biscayne next to the Ritz Hotel with Becky and she's drunk and kisses you.

Like I said, I'm paranoid and wouldn't go full speed demon if there were no way to pass.
I hope you get hit by a truck and die.

Not gonna happen. I'm a very safe driver.

You're the one who excessively violates the speed limit by his own admission.

One of these times you're going to mess up on a corner and lose control of the vehicle. It happens, look at what happened to Paul Walker.

I hope you have the same thing happen to you. Fuckin' retarded Australian.

5 molar NaCl solution motherfucker.

Nice r*ddit spacing nerd, I hope you live a long and lawful life. fgt

Traffic in India is probably the worst in the world. Its utter fucking chaos and a surprise that a few million people don't die in accidents each week. Explains why pajeets make such good drivers in western countries.

>Getting a driver licence.
>Owing A Car from Shlomo
>High Risk insurance

You kangaroo fuckin cunts are alright

>99%
Not really, especially not sports cars. It wasn't even an option on my Porsche.

Old fags will remember Porsche girl. You almost became Porsche girl.

nice plates bro, i'll visit you sometime

because women can't drive for shit. now fuck off leaf

Australians are fucking dipshits.

>Driving
lol no

TFW fucking honk at people randomly, while driving past them.

Always make them wonder if they just missed a friend.

TFW HONK at people when passing a green light and other cars are lined up waiting for their turn.

HAHAHAHA

FUCK YALL thats my SOUTHERN pride way of saying FUCK YANKEEES!

TFW mexican. hahajhahahahahah cant call me racist youi cucks! tfw non cucked politically incorrect in real life.

white cucks BTFO!!!

no clue. thats why i just pay more to live close to my work and only spend like 15 minutes driving each way for work.

Phoenix drivers are lunatics. I keep getting surprised by the shit I see.

I'm in the sticks of Vermont. No traffic here unless I get stuck behind a tractor. It's great.

Shut up reddit

Say what. Isn't the left lane the passing lane?

>mfw i get stuck behind some old cunt with an RV that i can't overtake lest i get demerit points and a huge fine

IT SAYS 100 KM/H FOR A FUCKING REASON LADY, YOUR JOINTS DON'T NEED TO GO AT 40

Obviously because there are to many black/brown/yellowish fucks that can't drive for shit.

NJfag who goes to Penn State here

PENNSYLVANIA DRIVERS GET THE FUCK OFF THE ROAD

YOU DUMB SLOW MOTHERFUCKERS I WANT TO SLAP THE SHIT OUT OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU

MY COMMUTE TO AND FROM SCHOOL IS HELL BECAUSE OF YOU ASSHOLES

STOP DRIVING THE SPEED LIMIT IN THE LEFT LANE AND WHEN YOU SEE ME MOVING UP TO YOU DOING 90 GET
T
H
E

F
U
C
K
OVER DAMMIT!!!!

I'm in Calgary and it's terrible. I blame two things for it;

1. Calgary had a huge population boom in the 90's through 2010 or so. Lots of people showed up who were not accustomed to city driving. There were, and still are, a lot of guys who still drive around the city like they're hotdogging it down rural roads in their pickup trucks. These guys are way worse than any punk kids in beamers and civics.
2. Chinese people and rich children of (legal) immigrant sikhs and muzzies.

>How are the drivers in your city/country, Sup Forums?

>Canada
>Montreal

A city full of angry Quebecois drivers is an absolute shit show, but once you adapt to the chaos it's honestly pretty entertaining.

N driver, i stay on mid or right but go at the flow of traffic

that being said, i still dont kno if there is a "proper way" to maintain speed on the road

i see some ppl go as fast as they possibly can at every second and then break right before the fronting car - it's frustrating to drive behind and also uncomfortable doing

then there's those that maintain like a car and half following distance but break suddenly

then there's me, who drives a 2.5 second following distance and avoids using the break as much as possible, and slows gradually - i.e the proper way and what i learned taking lessons

im still not sure if i should say fuck it and drive really close to the next car just to break/pedal constantly but it's a pain in the ass and i dont see any benefit

Absolute cunts. They think people to the left have right of way on roundabouts and are generally very badly behaved.

Georgia drivers are trash the lot of em.

It sucks in Vancouver, but my Rover is fast in the highway, so idgaf.

I live in the country so there's really not terrible traffic on the 417 here. There's no problem except for some frogs and some dickhead giant truck drivers.

didnt know this much of Sup Forums was old enough to drive

Tangentially related, just heard the my alcoholic brother, a month into his new job as a truck driver going 800 miles a day between two cities, drank on the job today on his way back from delivery. If I hear from my parents he has done it again, I'm going to call his company myself and report him.

>not accustomed to city driving

>start at 0
>go to 20, maybe
>can't press down TOO hard lest the cops nab you
>slow down to 0
>stay there for 5 minutes
>speed up to 10
>slow down
>speed up
>slow down
>take the time to sniff your farts and the farts of everyone within a 5 km radius while you're stopped
>make fun of people who don't live in the city because they don't get to experience this glorious pleasure

fucking human swine

I have found Vancouver area to be much better behaved than Calgary. Yeah it's fast moving traffic but there's a system to it that people seem to abide by more consistently than they do in my city.

I only drive in the right lane when my girl is giving me head so I dont trouble to other drivers. Real comfy

As a recovering alcoholic, I can say that'll just push him further inside the bottle.

Best thing to do would be to confront him and implore that he needs help. Offer to bring him to the hospital for withdrawal meds and get him into a detox.

Are mopeds redpilled
>cheap
>practical
>self-fixable
>cheap legal and illegal parts
>small, lightweight, throw in back of pickup in case of racewar
>can get you anywhere at comfy speeds and great milage
>get to drive on bike paths
The thinking mans vehicle tbqhfam

Oh, it's not so bad in heavy traffic. People do have room to do the really dangerous stuff when it's slow like that. I'm more talking about tailgating three feet back, no signal lane change, no signal lane change in to cut off car beside in to swerve back because you changed your mind and then stomp on the brakes to avoid another car.

I'm also from Calgary and it's perfectly fine here. Some people go slower, just go around. Some people go faster, just ignore then. Everyone gets to where they are going in the end.

Live in south Georgia. Work in Atlanta so I drive I75 every morning. There has literally never been a day where there hasent been an accident and I have to sit in traffic every morning and every afternoon. Someone please nuke this retarted city