Why do people think Christianity would "save" the West...

Why do people think Christianity would "save" the West? Have we all forgotten what happened to the Roman empire after they adopted it?
Don't fall for the Christ Jew pol, it's all part of there plan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8olH48p1-J8
youtube.com/watch?v=I_To-cV94Bo
cspipublishing.com/statistical/charts/Islam-BattlesDate.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_Juris_Civilis
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>American education

Yes, christianity is why Roman empire has fallen. Thats why the eastern part, which turned christian much earlier and which population was much more religious survived for 1000 more years.

And where are they now?

Jude

Eastern half didn't have Germans.
And the ones they did have still created problems.
So did their slavs.

Really makes you think, doesn't it?
Christfag's BTFO'd once again

The west is being invaded by conservative interlopers. The only "save" is to defeat identity politics, killing the old media is a decent first step.

Christianity is one of the first weapons of mass destruction ever created

They were around for about for times the period your american "state" has existed, so show some respect.

Anyway we all owe Byzantines a lot of respect. If the Aram invasion hadnt been stopped at the wall of Constantinople there were no force in Europe capable of stopping islam at that time.

You might want to read a bit more of history about the fall of rome.
Christians were definitely one among the many reasons the Roman Empire fell.
Pure roman christians pushed for more immigrants, destabilized rome through the breaking of the pax romana and voluntarily rejected to fight the barbarians and revolt for the empire.
They hosted refugees, invaders and rejoiced in what barbarians used to do: wreak havoc and destroy infrastructure, further adding chaos to the already heavily disrupted west roman empire.
They were definitely a cause.
And please do not put catholicism and orthodoxy on the same level.

They had goths. And Persian empire. And Bulgars. And arabs. And vikings. And Russians. And Venetians. And crusaders. And then more arabs. Pretty amazing resilience if you ask me.

Looks like all the work they did was for nothing since Islam is rising again and there is no one to stop them except maybe russia

It was formally the same thing until XIth century. Also it was eastern christianity that was more problematic then, people on the east were fighting over ideological concepts like today we do about politics.

Weren't they Roman Catholic?

It's a mildly successful social engineering experiment reliant on being a religion that allowed slightly more virtuous people.

Islamic conservatives would rapidly assimilate without identity politics being on their side.

Also, don't forget that Constantinople fell because of these motherfucking monstrosities.
You can fit 10 standing people inside that thing.
Just the fucking ball that thing used to fire was 2.8m.

>says you might want to read more
>repeats fucking meme belief created during Enlightment by Gibbon

Nevermind I looked it up. It was Christianity. My bad.

You have truly been brain washed haven't you?

>a polack trying to school me over the history of my ancestors
How cute.

Repeating propaganda made up by lefties from Enlightment is the ultimate blue pill
>le ebin evil christianity meme
>if only romans stayed pagan, Rome wouldnt fall
>what is Basileía Rhōmaíōn? I dont speak Greek xDD

What do you expect from a brain washed toy of the Jews? He's to far gone

Christianity brings order into chaos.

>my ancestors

It's not bluepilled to accept the truth, I used to be like you but then I actually looked at more than the Christianity side of the story

>what happened to the Roman empire after they adopted it?
This

Christians were desperately trying to revive it. When the Eastern Roman Byzantine finally fell to Islam those refugees started the Renaissance in western Europe. Islam stole its technology for their bullshit golden age.

youtube.com/watch?v=8olH48p1-J8

>implying the empire is dead

I never said anything like that, you're projecting.
Christianity was one of the many reasons the west roman empire fell, and i gave you the reasons why that happened.
There are no arguments against this, it is widely documented and accepted by everyone that isn't a retarded hut-dwelling polack historian.
No one is talking about pagan religions.
>lol italians are not white xdd we wuz romans eks dee
Yeah, you were baiting since the start.
Have fun in your third world country, i guess.

It's quite dead and has been for a long time

Worry not, my friend.
RITORNEREMO.

>what happened to the Roman empire after they adopted it
it greatly expanded.
the emperor of rome rules over 1.2 billion catholics today

No, it's merely changed faces and form.
lol it's certainly not centered on you anymore.

Just look for roman shit. the empire is worldwide now.

Rome was pretty fucked by the time Augustus established the empire. The rise of Caesar was precipitated by the decline of the Roman freemen, who were once the backbone of the Republic. Rome managed to keep it together for a little longer by centralizing authority and relying on mercenaries. Both of which were just temporary solutions.

And teaches them good Christian values like faggotry, inviting in rapefugees and being a good goy in general
Thank god

It's changed its face and form to dead

i agree.
such humility, kissing that beast's dirty foot
truly a great emperor

>implying
Four they were, user.

>catholicism teaches homosexuality
>estonian theologians

>i have no idea what i'm talking about so i will mix 400 years of roman history and throw some random names in it just to back up my opinion and make it sound smart: the post

No emperor kisses the enemy's feet, Catholicism is a failure

>accepted by everyone
Quotation needed. And again, since chrisitanization happened earlier and on a larger scale in the eastern part of Empire, why was the western part first to fall? And Eastern Empire, which was christian theocracy, survived for 100 more years, showing incredible resilience under constant invasions.

eh we only settled nearby, After the first 100 years our relations with bysantium were more akin to sibling-rivalry than the outright kill-or-be-killed deal with muslims. Let's not forget that islam brought the gypsies to europe.

1000 more*, obviously.

You always seem to leave out the part where it also falls

Because they're idealistic retards

As i said, many reasons.
Political division, social tension and division, abuse of power, frontier warfare, christianity, invasions, civil wars and religious discord.
"ROMA INVICTA" means rome never conquered, and it is true.
Rome was never conquered, it fell on itself.
A warning for americans who think they will rule forever.
Empires are never conquered, they fall from the inside.
You can stop now pretending you know more about roman history than me, thanks.

I know your history and deeply love the story of Bulgar christianization,with Vladimir getting BTFO'd by his own pissed of dad. Yep, you even saved Constantinople once from Arabs. It's a shame things turned out the way the later did.

If you want to argue, that Eastern Roman Empire fall in the XVth Century was caused by Christianity then I honestly have no response to that. But how do you explain the fact that around the same period other chrisitian European countries not only survived but also begun to spread their empires all over rhe globe?

do you think your pope is better?

>muh xtianity
Fucking hell, we realize you have an unhealthy boner for you fucking master overlord religion, but now you're just being plain delusional.

Im not atheist

I'm not saying the East fell because of Christianity but you make it sound like cause they lasted another 1000 years that it somehow means something

I dont say christian faith was the reason why Europe dominated the world (although it had a lot to do with it). I am just saying you just cant say that every time a christian empire falls it's because it was christian. Every empire must fall some day, and christian europe has a pretty impressive record of world domination.

>you just cant say that every time a christian empire falls it's because it was christian
I never said that.
Are you being daft on purpose?

>not christian
>not atheist

Into the gas chamber with you.

They real argument should be that Roman Empire didnt really fall in the Vth Century. Technically It just lost it's western provinces.

I'm mildly agnostic its the only thing that makes sense to me

i'll pick catholic France over free mason france anyday of the week and so would you except if you are either a retard or the ennemy

>non christian society converted to christianity = bad
>society created with christian ideals = good

Losing most of its proviences kinda depletes the purpose of calling it an empire

/thread

I bet you have never even been to the secret archives of the Vatican LMAOing at your history knowledge right now.

No, the post you refered to was meant for our american friend who doesnt seem to acknowledge the fact that the Roman Empire turned into christian theocracy had a great record as an empire.

Well, the eastern part was more populated and generally richer so it made sense to leave the west to barbarians.

But i work literally at the vatican, my friend.
Try to not call the Byzantine Empire "roman".
The roman empire fell when rome fell, after that nothing was roman anymore but what was left of the western empire, which was all of europe.

whats up francis?

Didnt they try to retake the West?

>dont call Byzntine Empire Roman
>just ignore the fact that it was the same state continuing its existence in the remaining provinces
>just ignore the fact it was called Basileía Rhōmaíōna, so Roman Empire
>just ignore the fact that the compilation of Roman Law that influenced the legal systems of the whole world was created in Byzantium and yet nobody call it Byzantian law
>just ignore the fact that Contantinople official name was "New Rome"
>just ignore the fact that after the Constantine the Great built the Constantinople the western roman elite moved to live there

>the eastern part was more populated and generally richer
Are you fucking kidding me.
No way you're not baiting hard, jesus christ.

They made an attemt to take back Italy, Noth Africa and eastern Spain during Justinian's reign, and they even menaged to hold it for some time. Nonentheless, regaining control of the modern France for example was never even considered.

if you work at the Vatican, what is your opinion on Amoris Laetitia?

You are an arrogant, insufferable idiot. His post was factually correct in every regard. Christianity was introduced to the mainstream in 312, Rome was on a death spiral long before

Lmao at the delusion that Christianity is why empires fall after 1500 years. Did Christianity ruin Egypt, Babylon, and the Ottomans too?

You didnt know that? Embarrasing desu m8
>The population density in the Greek East was 20.9/km2, twice as dense as the Latin West at 10.6/km2; only the Western provinces of Italy and Sicily had a density comparable to the East.( Frier, "Demography", 811–12.)

Let me elaborate on that for you.

>Non christian people turning to christianity = bad
>Peoples native to Christianities origin = fine
Christianity is not a European religion.

>I am more educated than you Christian plebs XD
>didn't know basic common knowledge that East was richer and more populous
Still laughing

Right unfortunately, I thought it could be an interesting discussion, and here he goes with a bs that high school history book could debunk.

>just ignore the fact that it was the same state continuing its existence in the remaining provinces
Yes, and?
It wasnt Roman.
No matter how hard you smash your feet on the ground, it wasn't roman, and this has been widely accepted by all modern historians.
>baawaa muh illuminism lies
Yeah nah, keep throwing that shit at the wall, maybe some of it will stick.
>just ignore the fact it was called Basileía Rhōmaíōna, so Roman Empire
Yes, and?
Just because it declares itself roman doesn't mean it was necessarily roman.
>just ignore the fact that the compilation of Roman Law that influenced the legal systems of the whole world was created in Byzantium and yet nobody call it Byzantian law
That's absolutely wrong in every possible way.
Roman Law was the true law system that influenced the rest of the world, the Code of Justinian was a very self-centered thing that had a very brief life.
Napoleon himself is the one to thank for the current law system of half the world.
You're pulling shit out of your ass and making things bigger just for the sake of your byzantium boner.
>just ignore the fact that Contantinople official name was "New Rome"
hurr durr they called themselves romans so they were romans! we wuz romans n shiet!
>just ignore the fact that after the Constantine the Great built the Constantinople the western roman elite moved to live there
Yeah, and then he became king of the world and conquered other galaxies.
Fuck off, you drunk idiot.
You are pathetically wrong.
Current pope is an idiot, i'm here only for the money.
I'm not even going to bother writing an articulate reply to this blatant vpn from that polish idiot.
Stop samefagging, it wont save your face.

The picture you have presented, and the collection of Islamic battles in the presentation is very decieving and falsely clarified.

youtube.com/watch?v=I_To-cV94Bo
cspipublishing.com/statistical/charts/Islam-BattlesDate.pdf

Many of the wars were between muslims.
Also, you can tell that this guy has no idea what a Jihad and what a Crusade is.

When he started showing "raids and crusades", he picked the few battles that have happened in the 9 main crusades, now when we compare it to Jihads, he has tried to fit as many muslim battles between Christians and other muslims as possible.
Where are the holy wars to take back Spain, for instance?

As a last note.. "Jihad is still being practiced today."
Islam is stuck in medieval ages, culturally speaking.
But remind me, how many Christian countries are in the Middle East right now, trying to fight a war against Islam?
I am not even talking about the time when IS was created, look at how many countries the Western world has invaded right so far, how many innocents have died to drone strikes because they could be potential terrorists?
How are these not crusades? Because noone says they are religious?

>Code of Justinian was a very self-centered thing that had a very brief life.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_Juris_Civilis

I am not even going to bother to comment on that. I know wikipedia is shitty, but it still could be useful with your level of knowledge.

So basically because you said so we re going to ignore the fact that IT WAS THE SAME FUCKING COUNTRY CONTINUING ITS EXISTENCE AFTER WESTERN PART WAS CONQUERED BY BARBARIANS

Sweden is 80% atheist.

Your statement is plain wrong.
Maybe you should read that wikipedia article you so proudly shove around.
The Code of Justinian was one among many law systems that were used at the time.
It didn't last long, as not even after 1000 years it was already being bastardized and modifies by literally every single european country, prompting Napoleon himself to make his own version and save europe from the byzantine retardation.
Yelling "hurr durr constantine made the european law we wuz lawyers and shit11!!" is plain wrong and stupid.
I'm starting to think that you might be of greek descent, as this kind of attachment to the byzantine empire is unseen in anyone but greeks.
Was the Holy Roman Empire roman?
Was the Russian Tsardom roman?
Was the Carolingian empire roman?
The answer is no.
No, no and no.
The Roman empire fell with Rome.
Anything that claimed to be "roman" after that was nothing but a mere copy, a simple and retarded tentative to hop on the "we are romans" hypetrain that many european countries tried to carry around to further depict themselves and their actions as noble and wise, and of course as most righteous as possible.
>muh romans1!1
>muh byzantium!!!
You're one hell of a thick bastard, ain't ya.
There is no further point into discussing this, your blind fanboyism for an empire that not even after 200 years after the legit foundation was already doing his own things is pretty clear.
You should read some actual history books from not-turk or greek historians, my friend, as your side of history seems deeply tainted by the orthodox propaganda and their slimey little lies.

>Was the Holy Roman Empire roman?
>Was the Russian Tsardom roman?
>Was the Carolingian empire roman?
There is a subtle difference between barbarians claiming WE WUZ ROMANS and Roman Empire continuing it's existence in provinces they menaged to protect from barbarian invasion. It's pretty simple really, the empire was ruled by two emperors until 476, when Odoacer took Rome, ended western emperor rule and sent Imperial Regalia back to the Constantinople. Empire didnt fall, it was just once again united under one ruler. And that ruler was Roman Emperor, his subjects called themselves Roman, they inhabited land that was part of Roman Empire for 400 years, and they continued traditions of the Roman state. Of course, culturally it was under under big influence of it's Greek heritage, but so was Roman Empire long before the fall of the western part.

It wasnt roman.
Stop pushing this meme.
They were byzantine.
Greek.
Not roman.
For the same reason you're not german or russian, my fellow polack friend. :^)

Also, no I am not Greek. And I believe you might be projecting a little bit because it's obvious that your Italian nationality influences your opinions on the fact who should be considered successor to the Roman Empire. And the truth is Eastern Empire shouldnt even be called a successor, it was the very same state, even though it evolved culturally and politically. But so did Roman Empire before, it was always changing dynamically.

and France is ~80% Catholic
both are shitholes

Religion is the worst fucking shit that can happen to your fucking country. Christianity is cancer

people cling on to their christian God because 'suffering on earth means heaven on the after life'
it's so fucked

It wasnt Greek
It's people called themselves Romaioi, "Greek" was considered an insult.
They werent Byzantine, Byzantium is just a name of a Greek colony, stop pushing this meme.
It was Basileía Rhōmaíōn. It was Imperium Romanum.
It was as roman as it gets.

You re just mad, cause that would mean that italians literally ruined the Roman Empire (I am talking about you, Venice)

Kek, San Salvador in charge of being a succesfull country, murder rates 64.2 per 100 000 people.

>France is ~80% Catholic

Hahahaha maybe in 1950, now only 10% of the population goes to church regularly.

The last real european catholic country is Poland. The rest are semi-catholics.

Pastabro, it's time to stop. Cosmtantitne literally moved the capital to Constantinople which he tried to name Nova Roma. The latter never caught on.

It's more WE WUZ to try and say Byzantium wasn't at the very least politically a continuation of the Roman state than it is for a Norseman to say his people ruled the empire. Don't deny the Greeks the one part of their History that was a world power technologically and militarily.

>who should be considered successor to the Roman Empire
Everyone from europe was the direct successor of Rome.
I'm afraid the Western Roman Empire even when handed to barbarians was way more succesful than your band of greek shitskins turk rapebabies.
An insult because it was truth.
Byzantine people were nothing more but roman cosplayers and larpers.
It wasn't roman, it was greek at best.
Stop pushing this meme, you're making a fool out of yourself.
>they called themselves romans so they were romans!
>if i call myself a woman then i am one!1! hurr durr!!!

>American education
They are now the country of Greece. They were imperial Romans when Byzantium fell in 1453 and called themselves Romans. Their religious center is still in Constantinople

Constantine. Fuck phone posting.

Christianity is not designed to save the West.

It is designed to save the lost.

and christianity hasn't helped one fucking bit, that's my point, even the gangsters are christians.

One leg of Rome ruled for a thousand years, then the other leg of Rome ruled for a thousand years. The other leg's rule only ended a century ago.