Cursive left government schools in the first place to further degrade Western culture. People used to write elegantly...

Cursive left government schools in the first place to further degrade Western culture. People used to write elegantly. Now a grown man's handwriting looks like that of a five-year-old's. Maybe since November things are going to get better.

fox8.com/2017/02/21/ohio-bill-would-require-teaching-cursive-writing-in-schools/

I can't even remember the last time I used a pen and paper to write something down besides signing a check. Why should we waste our children's time with such obsolete things?

Why should you exercise and not rot on the couch?

Because exercise has health benefits. Name one benefit of being able to write in cursive besides "ooh looks pretty". Shitty analogy.

I learned cursive in kindergarten, but have never found any practical use for it since most folks today can't read it.

It was designed to improve writing speed with a pen. Since we don't express ourselves with writing that much any more, there is seldom any use for a pen aside from signing something or drawing a sketch.

My signature, however, has evolved into an unintelligible scribble, and I feel immensely important because of it.

Is this real?
What the fuck is wrong with your country?

All I do all day is sign things and email people.

Even at my fastest with a pen (115 wpm, est.) I'm still faster at a keyboard (121 wpm avg.).

So, the keyboard wins, and everyone gets emails instead of handwritten letters.

Muh gay pen and paper

It's a waste of time and effort. I learned to write cursive and I don't even use it.

> not being part of the spencerian master race

18 here, they stopped cursive in 3rd grade for me, literally in the middle of the semester we stopped learning it, at M.

Didn't notice the OP link, I am from Ohio btw. Also I am unable to read cursive.

I NEVER LERND TO DO PROPER JOINED UP WRITING LOL

i remember when learning cursive my teacher singled me out and forced me to write it right-handed

i'm not even that old

>like own own language

m8 you are not shit at handwriting
you are a legit retard

I've seen older /polacks wonder if the purpose of this devolution is to separate students' connection to America's founding documents.

Cursive becomes an antiquated, foreign language in their eyes, and the daunting elegance of founding documents, being out of their hobbled grasp, becomes something they subconsciously wish to destroy.

8/8.

r u a retard?

How do you even learn how to write if you don't learn cursive btw?
It doesn't make any sense?

African Americans can legitimately not read cursive. I'm not sure how it is in Europe.

There's literally no need for cursive anymore, teach kids how to type correctly.

I agree. What's one of the easiest way to make someone look dumb? Make fun of their handwriting. That person could be very intelligent, but if they can't write for shit, people can automatically disregard anything they say. My handwriting is OK. But can turn to shit very easily, if say I have to write on something that doesn't have lines. I had a job for years where I had to hand write out piles of forms containing test results, and my handwriting on those were superb. And I can still fill out a form type document very well. It's just I have issues on all non forms.

this is maybe the dumbest argument I have heard today.
let me, guess you think Donald Trump speaks the truth and "really tells it like is!"

Are you confusing writing in general with cursive? Cursive, once again, is obsolete. It's a hand-writing style designed to decrease the time it takes to write lengthy documents. Most writing done today is all electronic. The only people who hand-write shit anymore are prisoners.

the one black guy("my black friend") can read cursive just fine and I'd bet he's a heck of a lot more intelligent than you.

your point has now been proven to be incorrect. move one.

Why did you have to tell him?

we were required to learn cursive in schools in california starting at 3rd grade.

To be honest, it absolutely fucked my hand writing. My teachers told me that we would be using cursive all the way through college (lie). What ended up happening is we wrote nothing but cursive for the next 3 years, got to middle school and they told us never to write it. So I ended up having a mixture of standard writing and cursive, which looks like sloppy hand writing

Same.

Learned cursive in kindergarten. We were the last generation they wasted it on. Because at that time, computers were BARELY becoming a houshold product. Nobody had cell phones. Nobody had email. People were still paging in the late 80s to very early 90s

Things were different, they actually thought we would be doing a lot of writing as opposed to typing like we are doing now.

Things have changed immensely. Cursive is 10000% obsolete. We were the last generation to have learned it with a purpose however, so thats neat. But yeah, cursive is dead.

I also use it to sign for packages and whatnot. Makes me feel cool. The least intelligible it looks, the more important you feel. I just scribble out my sig as fast as possible, then add a long ass squigly line at the end of the last letter .

Feele great the way the pen glides.

Sick anecdotal evidence bro

yes but I provided more factual evidence than the other guy

same

and i didnt even know they stopped teaching cursive. i still use it sometimes when i take notes

>wasting time teaching a child to make his writing look pretty instead of giving them a real education.
Might as well give everyone mandatory make-up tutorial classes, fag.

Says the French fuck. The French literally force everyone to have the exact same handwriting. At least we have individuality

Both of you could be lying. There are no facts. Fake news.

This thread is stupid anyways.

I'm convinced Sup Forums is just me and my different personalities talking to one another. I had this exact same experience

>Why should you exercise and not rot on the couch?
>my health is affected by my level of physical activity everyday
>I haven't used cursive other than signing something
Cursive is absolutely useless and not equivalent to exercise

>I learned algebra and geometry in high school, but have never found any practical use for it since most children and adults today can't do simple math.

Rate my cracker runes

Cursive gives you some admiration for the written word.

>use it to sign
Are there seriously people who sign their name in print?

my comment was intended to be a stupid rebuttal to a stupid comment in a stupid thread.
Everyone was in on the joke except for you.

What a gay little poem you pretentious faggot

This post makes no sense.

I always wondered that.

Yeah, yeah, i get that pen and paper writting isnt as common anymore, but im surprised you burgers dont know cursive.

I learned how to write cursive at the same time I learned print. Consequently it utterly destroyed my handwriting, and Ive written in a mix of the two ever since.

I can assure you that I am not you.

We probably just have the same experiences because we're raised in a very similar way

>Capital A is just a big 'a'
>Capital G.. JUST FUCK MY LETTERS UP
>Lower case 'k' looks like a capital 'R'
>Lower case 'o' looks more like an 'a'
>Lower case 'q' looks like a 'g'
>Z is another JUST

Glad no one writes like this anymore is looks fucking awful and sucks for reading quickly and efficiently.

I'll take shitty print chickenscratch handwriting over cursive doodles anyday. Maybe its because I too have shitty writing (mostly because I write super-fast) but chickenscratch is WAY BETTER than cursive

In my day, cursive penmanship was taught as one of the class periods starting in 3rd grade.

My kid was shown cursive, but not required to practice it.

I think this is good. I would rather her learn to type since that is what people do nowadays..

Cursive is there to save the wrist should you have to write by hand all day long. Nobody does this anymore. One should be able to read cursive, but writing it is pretty but useless.

As for me, I always had shitty handwriting cursive or not.

The only time it matters at all is writing essay answers in college. You need to write neatly enough for it to be read. But printing ( which I prefer ) is fine.

I did have an American History class in college where we went to the state archives and had to read hand written letters from the Civil War between people in our home towns for the term paper and write about how the civil war affected our home towns.

The cursive was quite neat but quite hard to read and photocopies of the cursive were more like hints for remembering what was written on the original than something that could actually be made out.

That is the only time in my life I was glad for my cursive skills

>People used to write elegantly

No they didn't.

>cursive is equivalent to math
Public education, folks.

You forgot about uppercase I and lowercase l

>Culture obsolete

I think I understand Multiculturalism now

the year is 2030
schools are debating the value of "english" class and proper syntax in the face of vastly superior
& widely accepted "emoji"speak
l33sp34k is taught as a dead language class similar to Latin

Cursive is obsolete just like Islamis obsolete you fucking idiot. Name one instance where you used cursive recently where you aren't signing something

Sad, but true.

However, lucky me, I get to work with a bunch of engineers. Higher mathematics is part of my daily vernacular.

>had to pass a handwriting test to use a pen
>only one who never passed for 2+ years
>they just let me use a pen in the end anyway
>writing illegible if I wrote at the same speed as others
>practice writing in free time but never improve
>eventually someone suggested I just print the letters
>looks like shit but at least it could be read
>took a Japanese class in university
>had known kana for 5 years prior
>others could write them perfectly after a few attempts
>teacher never accepted my writing despite having written them thousands of times
>can't type more than about 50 words per minute
>have been typing for 20 years and use computer all the time
>constant mistakes even at this speed
>never improve at all even if I focus on trying to type faster
>posted a webm on /vg/ which happened to contain typing
>they couldn't believe how slow and inaccurate it was

Might be physically retarded desu.

I learned cursive years ago and used to actually write in cursive, but I have not done so in years, except for my signature.

it serves zero purpose. it's like some artifact of culture that people can't let go of.

It's the school's fault, they never should have broken down and given you that damn pen until you earned it.

I write on a board every day telling my employees what needs to be done that day

>inb4 could of wrote in print instead

>weeb is completely useless

really shocked

The real benefit is that a certain group of people can't read cursive.

>ey yo user, lemme git dem answers for da test off you
>"Sure thing, Jamal. Here you go."
>hey nigga wtf, this some hieroglyphic shiet

did you type that or copy it?

if you typed it and didn't take 20 minutes you are fine.

WRONG

I was in a trial class where the best ones had to learn to write in cursive. I learned no other way of writing except for block letters (caps lock letters) and now fucking no one except for old people can read my cursive and I have to fake an illness to get to use a computer at exams.

It's bullshit

discipline learned while young is the most valuable thing

>>inb4 could of wrote in print instead

"could have written".

hire an assistant to do it for you. your employees are laughing at you every day.

>hire an assistant to do it for you. your employees are laughing at you every day
Even if they were why would I care?

Cursive is fucking dead. Just like court hand - if you wanna write pretty go study it, but don't bog down kids with this garbage.

>Even if they were why would I care?

you shouldn't. everyone should work for an incompetent boss at least once in their life, so when they get promoted they might be able to do better.

you serve a purpose, user.

>cursive serves no use and is just pretty
>b-but we shouldn't convert all traditionalist architecture into commie blocks because they're so ugly!

Sup Forums everyone

Jesus Christ it looks like a drunk monkey's attempt at cursive.

You are in no position to mock the negroes.

>tfw I'm better at writing cursive in Russian than English because I literally never have to use cursive in English ever except for signatures
>tfw my signature is a mix of letters from both languages
Nobody is going to forge my signature

>last name starts with a G
>and has a z right in the fucking middle

My first name looks fine when I sign for stuff, but my last name is JUST tier every goddamn time and it's not really something fixable.

My brother is a raging alcoholic [spoiler]negro[/spoiler] with brain damage and he writes exactly like this. Looks like the handwriting of a kid who just started learning to write in cursive.

i do, because i never learned cursive. i can read it atleast

We should stop teaching all handwriting and switch to keyboarding and coding in grade school.

But we will be held back by cucks like you

I kinda agree. There are plethora of now obaolete writing styles and other skills no longer practical and thus not taught in schools.

I cannot write cursive, but the old german letters

It's fucking useless and none of the shitskins is able to read it, but it looks pretty neat anyways

literally a plot to make people stupid. cursive uses different parts of your brain than regular script and uses different parts than typing. who is behind this plot?

They taught us from kindergarten to 5th grade, they expressed that it was important to learn because the constitution and other important documents from our nation's past were written this way

>yes but I provided more factual evidence than the other guy
erry child is a winner.
"don't forget to get a bumper sticker for your mom's car out of the box by the door."

"you know the ones that say 'my child is an honor student' ".

>I think this is good. I would rather her learn to type
hello carpal tunnel syndrome by the time she is 30.

Problem with not learning how to write properly is the failure at making notes. You remember things better if you write them down physically.

>but don't bog down kids with this garbage.
yeah, teach them gender studies, and lesbian therapy dances.

Why don't you cursive-cock sucking faggots type in cursive?

Oh wait, that's right, it's useless. You really think your "lean on the wall" writing is of any purpose anymore?

Wait you people don't use cursive?

Apparently writing cursive is old and useless because some fuckwits are using computers for everything now.

Don't they have written exams in university, what is going on

it's because niggers cant understand it

Not by hand, no.

I learned it in school and my handwriting still sucks

>tfw write almost exclusively in cursive unless doing math problems or something
>tfw part of a dying breed

Feels bad man.

off yourself

We shouldn't be having them either. I was dyslexic and a word processor would have solved all my writing issues in high school. It's a no brainier really.

This is useless. So many of those letters look like the upper or lower case of other letters. Like capital C looks like lower d, lower c looks like capital D. Actual D doesn't look like anything.

I'm 18 and I know cursive, literally everyone uses cursive. It's just that people don't make the letters look retarded like in OP. Never have I fucking seen such a retarded G, Q or J.

90% of students I know use cursive to take notes in uni because otherwise you you lag behind real bad, Of corse it's not like they learn it exclusively for this pourpose, its the standard in highschool and primary school as well.

Really quiet people and some of the kids with korean fathers usually display le mytic typewritter caligraphy.