2 days ago insider-kun says that NASA will do a major announcement

>2 days ago insider-kun says that NASA will do a major announcement
>nasa does it
>there is a solar system with a shitton of habitable planets just 40 light years away from us
>pol does not bat an eye
>mfw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=igUMDICqTpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fHpxrHpepkI
perfscience.com/content/2143314-nasa-scientist-philip-lubin-talks-about-revolution-space-travel-photonic-propulsion
nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-to-host-news-conference-on-discovery-beyond-our-solar-system
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embryo_space_colonization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if insider-kun is right, then 'Merica will... explore alien worlds?

bump

bumpp

hello

Because who gives a fuck about planets that support life?? Not me. Not anyone else. These dumb fucks at NASA could do more good if they figure out how to make the planets in our solar system habitable instead.

Like what?? They're going to send a rocket with 40 people on it... just point it into space and say, "sheiit good luck guys"?

Absolute waste of time to even consider going 40 light years away.

How soon can we get a nuclear strike to these alien worlds?

When Trappist F sends it's people, they aren't sending their best. Someone is doing the anal probing!

The probe of theirs measures size. I dont think they know what the atmosphere of said planets is made of. Also the star is cold (so they say).

Its a political move to show usefulness. I dont agree with Trump regarding scientific funding but I believe that NASA should be focused in two things: analysis of wandering celestials (comets/asteroids) for impact prevention and Solar system prospection (see whats for the taking in local asteroids). Also prospect the ground of Mars.

>just 40 light years

bump

As much as I hate to admit it though...
The Eternal Spaghetti has actually made a discovery in this field that can transport us to the heavens.

nice larp thread fagit but /x/ does it better

> 40 light years

>Absolute waste of time to even consider going 40 light years away.
Pretty much this.

Unless this LARPer is legit and we get some Black Budget/Secret Space Program/SkunkWorks shit... not likely. But it's fun to shit in your hand while wishing.

youtube.com/watch?v=igUMDICqTpQ

youtube.com/watch?v=fHpxrHpepkI

1.5 million years to reach is really not that long, however we should have started sooner.

> just 40 light years away
I love space, don't get me wrong, I just don't have the gas money or availability to make the trip. That's why I leave space exploration to the professionals.

Like seriously, what am I going to add to NASA's announcement? Cool stuff though.

Pizza

1.5 million years

just within the past 5k years human nature has evolved from throw rocks at each other to trying to harness dark matter

only 1.5 million year amirite

anyway, something productive to add since i probably should. we need wormholes to travel any sort of distance like that. the whole trip could even possibly take maybe a few hours, including prep, if we could just teleport around the universe

If NASA had said they found a white ethno-planet ripe for colonization Sup Forums might care.

Hold on, I'll just pack a lunch

These days, all NASA pressers make you feel like the kid that ordered Sea Monkeys. Oh, fucking brine shrimp.

>40 light years

Have the Germans invited the aliens to live in Germany yet?

An off-world colony provides very little besides for an insurance plan for global extinction. There are still many millions of miles of earth that are unpopulated (russia, mid-west US, Canada, China, Oceanic habitats.). If we send a genetic ARK to mars and artificial wombs, and begin terraforming it, we could have a kill switch on earth that would activate our insurance policy.

We need to focus on automation for expansion because it solves a lot of the "being-mortal" problems.

take this shit to /x/ faggots.

Fuck you, this is huge. If we send up some 18 year olds, it is very possible they can make it in 40 years

Uh, everyone knows there's millions of inhabitable worlds out there, and some will be "close".

Not really big news.

>insurance plan for global extinction
who gives a fuck about that if im already dead

NASA should be focusing its energy on making cat girls real and finding a way for me to get $300 for a nintendo switch in a couple of weeks

Somebody explain light years to this guy

5.88 trillion miles ;p

interesting

>nasa says they will announce something in 2 days
>they do but it's literally nothing
kill yourselves.

my god the IQ of this place is low.

I think some people forget that Trump, in his inaugeration speech, literally said,
>We will unlock the secrets of space
at one point, and promised major discoveries and initiatives.

They told him about the Ayy Lmaos, and now, he is the first president to tell us.

I don't know. The guy writes like Stephen Miller. And Miller is actually younger than I am...and I'm here...and I've been here a very long time...

I doubt it but whatever.

NASA making an announcement on Wednesday was known by everyone, what a prophet. Now lets see if DOJ investigations happen by Friday.

spoiler alert: it won't

Well until the Warp Drive is invented who gives a fuck

Not sure why you are calling it literally nothing. It is the most major inhabitable system we have ever discovered with the possibility of multiple planets having life and almost assuredly water. Imagine if Earth was surrounded by 6 other planets that all evolved intelligent life? We would have space battles and shit famalam

As far as we know, we aren't even close to capable of having space battles. Shit like that scares me.

Yup, it's Miller.
>balding
>well-spoken
>semi-redpilled
>likes Sup Forums
It's him.

Also, did he post today?

Takes 40 years at the speed of light, half a lifetime to get there.
Amazing discovery

I'm hoping people who say this on this website are just baiting.

>waste of money to explore space
>we could be spending that money on gibs for niggers and illegal spics!

some people just cant see the basic implications and yet they try to have an opinion on politics, which is a far more complex subject.

No one is interested in space any more. I'm sorry user. Not even reddit is interested. After the space race everyone just gave up on that shit.

Nasa must have some serious shit they are working on now if we've found a way to travel at the speed of light.

In the next few decades we'll likely build probes that can travel around 30%-40% the speed of light
perfscience.com/content/2143314-nasa-scientist-philip-lubin-talks-about-revolution-space-travel-photonic-propulsion
A light year isn't going to be that far once we perfect laser propulsion.

>we aren't even close to capable of having space battles
Because we haven't had the need for such capabilities. Yet.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he and Bannon come here regularly.

I've had some conversations with some relatively highly placed and intelligent people about this place and the philosophy of the internet.

The old guard and the people in place don't realize that those of us (me and my generation) are the first to have grown up with the internet and are coming of age. There will be actual major changes coming. If anything, just for the simple reason of we fundamentally behave/think differently, because of a life spent with the internet rather than a life spent without.

It's the same difference as the generation raised on radio and the generation raised on television.

There's just a difference. It's nobody's fault. There's just a difference. That's all.

You know, the more I read that pic, the more I want to believe that it's Trump himself posting here.

I know it's unlikely but sometimes I just like to sit back and imagine the possible shitstorm when, after 8 years of presidency, he gets up on a stage, thanks various people for their support, and then drops a heartfelt thank you to the website that helped run America during his mandate.

The servers for Sup Forums would probably implode into a miniature black hole.

I was joking, faggot. Thanks for the (You)'s tho bb

>zooms out camera

Another (You) for (You) so (You) can trade for bitcoins.

We dont have the technology to travel 40 lightyears.

This info will be of no value until there are revolutions in Science, and that wont happen because our government is wasting all of it;s money taking care of niggers from africa and mexicans.

>Look at skunk works
Supposedly the Skunk Works thought they created an Alcubierre Drive, but I thought that turned out to be BS.

Was it actually real?

You can get 40 light years away from earth in under 40 years.
When you get close to the speed of light, the distance between you and the planet shrinks, approaching 0 if you move at the speed of light.
More than 40 years will have elapsed relative to earth, but you will experience less than 40 years. Twin's paradox mofo

Bump

>40 light years

Well, it confirms that the insider may be real but it did leave a bit of a bitter taste to my mouth, not sure if I'd be hyped about the full meal.

Let's fix our own planet first, I'm more interested by that bit.

Quit larping. I've been waiting since the weekend for this NASA announcement. This 48 hour notice of nasa's "big announcement" was already announced by NASA over 48 hours ago that it would be on wed.

The internet is the most powerful thing right now.
It can make poor people celebs overnight.
It connects every person on the planet with another.
It can ruin lifes and every kind of information can be found here.

Bannon might or might not come here, but Miller and Spicer definitely do it.

Faggot larper. Vage AF. That's like saying "I read my horoscope and some of the ten vage statements came somewhat true."

Not everyone is a larper.

>Skunk Works

I know someone who's with Lockheed. I'll ask.

It'd be good if it's a Mexican who figured out something for humanity. Give them something to be proud of. And I actually don't mean that as a meme. I mean that seriously.

Miller definitely does. Probably Jared, too. I doubt Spicer does.

>still havent put a man on the moon
>"hey goys, we found a planet 6 gorrilion light years away. See this is why we need more shekels drumpf, please dont cut our funding"

NASA is a literal fucking joke

>Big announcement in April

MFW Trump legalizes weed on the morning of april 20th, citing its harmlessness and the damage it would do to the Mexican Cartels as the primary reasons why.

>I could care less

Yeah, I bet the fucking mouth breather is real high up.

Remember the SB-3 GHOUL threads that were around a while ago? think that shit was real I remember the user said it had some sort of special propulsion drive and a modular weapon system or something.

>the current POTUS may have posted on Sup Forums
>the current POTUS may have watched Alex Jones on Joe Rogan and have heard all of the conspiracies
Just imagine it.

skunkworks is too vague most of what lockheed did was terrestrial military aircraft.

>Alien Worlds
We will be exploring more America. After All, we've got to add actual stars to our flag.

except that fusion stuff are we getting fusion?

its a shame then that the distance is the minor convenience and not the main problem.

Traveling through empty space will get you toasted by radiation and the only thing that would arrive at the destination is a bunch of flesh.

The solution? Large space shuttles. Too large to be build on earth as their mass would be too much to lift outside earths gravity. So we need a ship yard in space.

Good luck with that the next 30-50 years. Besides America and Europe would be nothing but Islamic and multicultural hellholes at that time.

Suckers.Im already on my way there.

I got a 2 year head start.

It only takes 40 years if you use light as a vehicle. Damn maroons.

spicer is a total weeb. He goes to anime cons and shit even.

we need to go deeper
we need all the tech that was researched developed and perfected from 1950 onwards

>major announcement
>"out of the gorillion planets that exist somewhere really far away, some like earth exist but they're still far away and we probably won't reach it in your lifetime"
#wow

>2 days ago insider-kun says that NASA will do a major announcement
>3 days ago NASA themselves say they will be making an official announcement shortly

Sup Forums actually thinks they have found some sort of conspiracy

reopen that whole moon cavern sealing plan and colonize the blue cheese motherfucker
have to keep our feet on the ground though all this antartica/alien talk is a distraction

just want to point out that the press conference was announced days ago, before this user's post was made.

nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-to-host-news-conference-on-discovery-beyond-our-solar-system

How about we finish exploring our own planet?

They discovered a new continent last week...

My contact at Lockheed, a couple years ago, was freaking out about Nuclear Power. Like everywhere we went, they'd bring it up. It was all they could talk about for a while. Then they stopped talking about it.

Ha, I did not know that.

You are dumb

This thread happened after NASA already announced they would have the press conference.

That's why you send a seed probe of A.I caretakers with artificial wombs and frozen embryos and have the A.I raise a community of humans. First you send a small probe to see if a planet can support life without any terraforming, then you send the seed probes that farm the new generation of humans on that planet. Repeat this for every system that might support life, there are many candidate planets. No we don't have the tech right now to get to other stars but it wouldn't cost that much to just start sending out seeders, I think this is a viable plan to preserve the species and manifest our destiny
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embryo_space_colonization

I used to investigate a lot of this stuff, and is all true, we right now have the tech to make the life A LOT easier for this world... however people are fucking greedy morons and many are willing to die to put a price tag on everything SAD!.
You just cannot give weapons and a licence to fly airplanes to children in elementary school , not necessarily for their age but for the mental development an the maturity needed to handle the equipment with responsibility.
Since many people that are in the know are fucking tired of waiting for "the human race" to wake up and act like a responsible entity (100 years from now society will be as vicious and basic but with more happy tech gadgets ) "they" will make a release of sensible information with the hope that the impact of the data is able to steer the fools to a right direction.
Of course "they" also have heavy internal struggling and agendas, full disclosure or step by step over time? ( so many who committed terrible crimes trying to hide stuff are dead by the time all is in the open ).
We shall see what happen.

There's a habitable planet right here.
We have to win a big fight on the earth before we can worry about stellar conquest.
Send a probe.

that aussie guy was spot on in what he said was gonna happen though

>40 light years
These could all be uninhabitable by the time we get there, seeing we can barely reach .000036% the speed of light

Thats a larp, you know why? because nothing ever happens in that proportions. We are living, and will be living boring casual lives. Forget space traveling, we didnt even explore our oceans. If anything, such technological advancemnets will be forwarded only bit by bit, grain by grain. Not fucking Obama, not Trump, not Dalai lama, noone will ever come forth with a ground shattering announcement like that. "GUYS WE HAVE THE CURES FOR ALL KNOWN HUMAN DISEASES, WE KNOW HOW TO BUILD SPACESHIPS THAT TRAVEL FASTER THAN LIGHT, OH AND YOU CAN HAVE WARPGATES IN YOUR BACKYARD JUST LIKE THAT EASY". Nothing like that will ever happen, only a fantasy.

You are literally mentally retarded.

A simple fact is if we dont go multi plantar we will be extinct its as simple as that its not an if its a when looking at the big picture.
We need a backup Extinction level events that no one can predict will catch up to us and will happen at some point. We need a backup planet or humans are done.

that is miler mark my words faggots. i mean who else spoke for trump in a campaing is young enough to know this place, and crazy enough to make chans and reddit their allies, i mean just look at the speeches miller gave during campaing, that tells enough about him the guy is a channer or a former channer
remember : "one day very soon we will shut their lying globalist mouths"

I mean it's cool but we'll never see it in our lifetime. Not even close
>feels bad man

ITS BANNON.

STFU, watching youtube doesnt make you a knower.

To put that into perspective, with current technology, it would take 1.488 million years for us to travel 40 light years

>40 light years away
How light are we talkin here?

It's pretty cool, something to add to a database somewhere, but it's 40 light years away... It takes light 40 years to get to the place, and it takes us half that time to get 1 major probe to pluto, for a flyby and some pictures. What more do you want OP?

It doesn't matter because it seems like every year science bitches find some new planet billions of miles away that is maybe, most likely, probably inhabitable by humans.

>destiny
what are you some 18th century poet
we causality now