NASA finds habitable exoplanets 39 light years away

>NASA finds habitable exoplanets 39 light years away
>We going to space boys
>We might actually get to see the first colony before we die. Some might even get to be there.
>Today i smiled.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-8OpsPok6iQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Okay.

are you retarded?
the trip would take 170000 years

do you realize how far that is still? several life-times even at the speed of light

But how will this shorten the common man's commute to the megamall?

That's not how it works. Assuming we'll launch the astronauts right fucking now, going to there in light speed, which is impossible. It will take them 39 years to arrive. After that, it will take another 39 years for their communications to reach us.
39+39=78, which means, it will take 78 years from now, even under the most impossible circumstences, for you to see it.

i love that nasa keeps pushing this delusion that we will ever make it anywhere or see anything before we go extinct

>Swedish education

This is still to far away however.
To put this in perspective. It was only a couple years ago when they found a planet 200 light years away that could sustain life.
If we give it another 5-10 years they may find one that's actually possible to get to with our current propulsion systems.

> 39 light years away
k...

Light year=distance light travels in a year
Planets are 39 light years away
The trip will take 39 years at the speed of light
t.not swedish educated

Nx-01 fucking WHEN?

not in your lifetime

Wormholes and condensing of space are the real answers to travel
Why go faster when you can just skip?

Considering our closest neighor star is 4 light years away, even if we find one "close" it's not going to be feasible to travel there until we can get up to at least 10% lightspeed

Cryo me then!

Worst star trek theme ever. Almost ruins the whole show.

youtube.com/watch?v=-8OpsPok6iQ

Joint the Federal Service today!

SERVICE! GUARANTEES! CITIZENSHIP!

Nah it could be done in like 200.

Post proofs and equations

>40 years
>several lifetimes
Did ahmeds reduce your life expectancy to 20 years?

>39 light years

How long will that take by our current methods?

we cant travel there, we need to quantun-entangle. quantum entanglement teleportation when ?

True, but I couldn't give a shit. I just want my t'Polfu

20% of speed of light is entirely feasible, no need for equations.

Wouldn't it only be 39 years at the speed of life?

It's gonna take voyager about 80,000 years to travel 4.23 light years, so a long time

Space travel isn't like your videogames, nigger.

millions of years.

like 100000 years

>39 light years
>life-times at light speed
dude...

>It´s been a long road, getting from there to here.
>It´s been a long time, but my time is finally near.
>And I can feel the change in the wind right now. Nothing´s in my way.
>And they´re not gonna hold me down no more, no they´re not gonna hold me down.
>Cause I´ve got faith of the heart.
>I´m going where my heart will take me.
>I´ve got faith to believe. I can do anything.
>I´ve got strength of the soul. And no one´s gonna bend or break me.
>I can reach any star. I´ve got faith, I´ve got faith, faith of the heart.

With current technology, way too long. But if you remember our insider mentioning big things around NASA's announcement, trump and a certain lockhead martin. Well, we might just crack the dark matter riddle and use that enormous resource to slingshot our space technology into a feasible place.

Go watch interstellar. Alien colonies are going to be a disaster.

>39 light years
3.69e+17 Km ... thats :
142361111111 years traveling at 300km/h thats travelling in a formula1 car. thats enough to make an airplane fly... i dont know if a rocket is faster, probably is.

What engines do we have that allow us to travel at 60 million meters a second?

"The system is just 40 light-years away. On a cosmic scale, that’s right next door. Of course, practically speaking, it would still take us hundreds of millions of years to get there with today’s technology"

depressing

Science fiction becomes reality with enough research and gumption

>39 light years away
39 yrs u dip

With nuke like 400 years. Id be expensive though. Probably upward of tens of trillions.

Is Sup Forums really this retarded? What do you know of that travels at light speed? What happens to anything with mass that one attempts to accelerate to relativistic velocity?

Just drink, it's what I do to cope with our insignificance in the universe

gotta hope the ayys notice us first and travel here with their FTL ayy technology

otherwise we'll all dia not knowing if we're alone in the universe

There's no way we will be able to harness light speed travel ever. Believing in that shit is basically religion at this point.

Yeah but Sven said at light speed. That would be 40 years for people on Earth (and instantaneous for people on the ship, forgetting acceleration/deceleration).

I was at a Trekkie convention and overheard the Enterprise fanbois singing it with the cast. It was one of the cringiest moments of my life.

the next theme tune best be good to make up for it

for a beam of light

Read the original post retard
He was saying that it would take several lifetimes even at the speed of light, when the time was measured in light years
Contain your autism

>falling for the nasa jew

How are people still so blue pilled

Whig history. Science isn't magic. No matter how much television you watch there will never be a time machine or FTL drive.

Well, we've been constantly pumping out signals for the last 60+ years so if anybody in our local neighborhood is listening or looking it shouldn't be too hard to find us, eventually.

The question is if they decide to pay a friendly visit or send a rock at us at 99% lightspeed so we can never bother them

both could already be on their way

>Assemble an eco-system space ship around the international space station
>Launch it towards Mars and use space entities gravity to move it around
>170000 years later
>So many generations have lived on that ship we forgot where we came from, who we were and why we went there in the first place
>Devolved into space apes
>Set foot on new planet
>Find humanoids already settled there
>Beautiful white Aryans already living there
>They made the trip 20000 years ago using advanced technology to get here in about 50 years
>They give us shelter in some camp
>They feed us and take care of us in general
>They pity us, as this strain of human evolution have been fucked up by the environment it lived in
>They try to elevate us to their status
>Our intelligence is far more limited than theirs, so we can't
>We have to devolve into violent being to get the fruits of their labor, as we can't earn it the conventional way
>Whenever they arrest one of us, we scream: "WE WUZ ASTRONAUTS"

Any with a big enough ship, realistically nukes or laser+sail. Bunch of practical issues though, and expansive. I think it will probably take at lease a hundred years or more before we build and launch a manned interstellar ship

That isn't true at all.

We all know the good stuff is locked up in black projects but NASA is really all we have, we will never see or learn about that other shit

We can do it but an adult human isn't the answer

good luck reaching the speed of light

You can't fool me Satan
The lord gave us science to give the finger to people who call things impossible
Our current society would have been called impossible by men just 200 years ago
Imagine what the bright minds of the future will bring next

You should look up the inverse square law. Our signals are indistinguishable from noise even before they reach the heliopause.

How do you expect to travel at light speed?

Hey I have an idea, lets create a giant spaceship, load up every nigger on earth and then send it straight into the sun.

Oh, well that's depressing.

HOOOO BOY YOU RETARDED NIGGA

astronomy is depressing.

You still haven't named an engine with that much thrust mate
The point is there isn't one

Topkek

Preoccupying yourself with the nonsense of space travel is literally diabolical. You are wasting time thinking about things that don't matter at all, when you should be thinking about staying on the narrow path and entering through the small gate.

Here here

Sup Forums logic 101:
>immigrants should stay in their own countries!!!

>lets move to other planets

Good luck and Kekspeed.

Get there meet the kangz who are evolving
Enslave then once again to pick cotton for us.

>not knowing how temporal relativism works
I know this is pol and and the average iq here is 90, but do people not know basic physics?

>Humanity cheered, until we realized the magnitude of our error. The negro was in fact powered by the Sun, and returned to us far stronger with a thirst for vengeance. They are now kangz n shiet.

Sven said "even at light speed", learn to read you fucking retard.

>what do you know that travels at lightspeed?
Light!?
>What happens to anything with mass that one attempts to accelerate to relativistic velocity?
TONS of shit, a Sup Forums post is way to small for that. Time dilation, mass increase, raped by microscopic grains of dust etc.

>american education
oh god im laffin

What's wrong with dreaming and thinking every once in a while? That's how most inventions come about after all

Remember that time god cast another curse on our race so we would stop working together and achieving things?
Good times.

10% is absolutely feasible however it would take a few decades to get up to that speed with our current propulsion methods.

Never trust NASA lol

first colony to mars yes definitely if we don't nuke ourselves before then

but to other extrasolar earth-like planets? in our lifetime they'll maybe send a probe the size of a smartphone. But definitely not humans.

I think at that level, the "feral" humans would be put in a reservation

>uninhabited planets
>inhabited countries

Solar sails and the old Orion project that was scrapped could get us to appreciable fractions of lightspeed, like 10% or so

Wait, are YOU retarded? Newton's First Law, bitch.

>There are more light years in the Universe than all the years niggers have spent in jail combined.
>Black Science Man

>raped by microscopic grains of dust
Sounds like a good doujin plot

It's pretty much going to have be generation-ships, or cryo-sleep or something.

Or machines.

>300km/h
>i dont know if a rocket is faster

That would be just like that movie with Bruce Willis, except the asteroid would be filled with niggers.

So why can't we capture a light particle and attach something to it? Then we would have achieved the speed of light

when you reach light-speed you have so much energy you become extra dimensional, time and distance becomes an illusion

Okay, i'll post this here since fucking Sup Forums keeps saying my IP is blocked every time I try to post a new thread.

Would the confirmed existence of aliens deny the reality of religion?

How would it affect our policies as a species? Would be abandon religion as a whole, or do you believe there would be perhaps "holy wars" started by the major sects?

Or, if they show up and instead worship an earthly god, like Allah, Jesus or Buddah, do you think that in itself could cause holy wars?

>39 light years away
>we might even see the first colony before we die
Idiot, we can't even travel at the fraction of the speed of light at the moment, how do you think we could reach that far in our lifetime?

I'm really starting to believe that this board has the lowest IQ

What? That has nothing to do with trust. You have no idea what you're talking about.
And I named 2 methods of propulsion, I can't name a specific engine because they weren't built because of how expansive they are.

Lmao

I lolled, 10/10

Still don't have them though, we need to build it
What about it?
You still need to reach the velocity to keep at the velocity, and we can't accelerate to 20% of light speed yet

40 light years away.

We aren't going there.

first city of bogdangrad?