/kekpol/ - The Seven Planets Edition

What did Kek mean by this?
>popularmechanics.com/space/a25336/seven-earth-like-planets-trappist-1/

Aliens when?

How will Trump react to an alien invasion?

Build a wall for the Earth?

ITT we summon Kek for his answers

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_classification
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_classification#Class_M
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19614895
youtu.be/7MxhkNemkGc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There all flat.

PRAISE KEK

S H A D I L A Y

>2017
>still believing space is real

Aliens don't exist, obviously.

>40000
Kek means the following
40,000รท60minutes or 1 hour
=666.666 minutes, that many minutes would be 27.7777777778 days

27.77 days until contact with ayys. Screencap this

bad CGI.

kek created these planets for us when we die in the upcoming nuclear genocide

Cheked
WE WUZ FLAT AND SHEET

>Trappist
are those planets inhabited with hot boi pussy?

Also
872=278

2.78 hours till a happening, happens

I checked it out. These graphics are worse than Playstation era. You guys believe this shit?

how does it feel to be dumber than a basketball nigger?

Not at first, but then OP got quads.

There must be some substance to the planets for this to happen

I thought scientists agreed M-Class stars can't support life (as we know it). They emit almost no UV radiation (which plants need for photosynthesis), and they're luminosity is so low that in order to stay warm enough to have liquid water, a planet has to orbit so close that the star's gravity stops it from spinning and it becomes tidally locked (like the Moon is tidally locked to the Earth) leaving one side in perpetual daylight and the other in perpetual darkness.

Also, it doesn't help that younger red dwarfs are prone to extremely violent solar flares that make the biggest flares we've seen with our own sun seem babby tier by comparison.

If you want truly Earthlike worlds, your best bet is to look around K stars, or G type stars like our sun, and perhaps occasionally around F stars.

Please Kek yes.

fig 2

That star seems awfully weak.

>UV radiation (which plants need for photosynthesis)
Source plz no bully.
>a planet has to orbit so close that the star's gravity stops it from spinning and it becomes tidally locked (like the Moon is tidally locked to the Earth) leaving one side in perpetual daylight and the other in perpetual darkness.
True, that doesn't stop life though.
>Also, it doesn't help that younger red dwarfs are prone to extremely violent solar flares that make the biggest flares we've seen with our own sun seem babby tier by comparison.
Yeah, that doesn't help life. Probably thin atmosphere.

PRAISE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_classification

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_classification#Class_M

No for the part about plants needing UV radiation for photosynthesis. Pretty sure it's visible light, red and blue I think.

I don't know, tell me.

>becomes tidally locked (like the Moon is tidally locked to the Earth) leaving one side in perpetual daylight and the other in perpetual darkness.

How fucking comfy would that be. Living in the twilight zone between the perpetual day and perpetual night parts of the planet. Must be a place that isn't too hot and isn't too cold in that twilight zone. With that stability life would start up and evolve.

>all these people saying lol it's just CGI
Off course it is
We can't fucking see shit in that star system, we can make out some anomalies that can only be explained of planets exist

>t.rapist 1 system

[28 - 37]*10^(-3) AU to the star? lol Scorched.

Also why are "e" and "f" that good looking? They know shit squat about the atmosphere right? Or did they actually took pictures and made a close orbital analysis?

>Meanwhile, on planet D

t. Rapist

Depends on the star

(checked)
>tfw we are imprisoned on Earth and will never ever be able to visit other solar systems

JUST

>Plebs
>Haven't made contact with inter-dimensional entities yet
Are any of you guys even trying?

WUZ

It's a tiny-ass star. The planets have to orbit ridicuously close to stay warm (see )

Their appearance in the OP pic is entirely speculative. I guess the astronomers believe planets e,f, and g are most likely to be comfy.

>Neutered Association for Sandnigger AffirmativeAction finds 7 more useless rocks orbiting a star we'll never get to before glassing ourselves

>Implying I'm not an inter-dimensional entity.

AYYLMAOED

What would it feel being on a planet with an orbit that fast?

Their orbital period is too short for species to evolve. You will age way too rapidly. Why scientist are so dumb these days?

galactic ancapistan, the final frontier
'tis a shame user was born too soon

"Plants" on such a planet could evolve to create sugars and shit with lower frequency radiation

Tidally locked planets could have a comfy zone

Flares could be an issue

I wouldn't write off the possibility of some sort of life evolving there.

The cool thing is that solar system will be stable for 100s of billions of years because the red dwarf star will last that long. Advanced civilizations could evolve and die on each planet multiple times.

Our sun has about 5 billion years left until it expands and engulfs us.

It's bollocks. a glass plane will block basically all the UV that gets here from the sun. glass being the thing green houses are made from.

very checked

Sheeeeeeeit, me too

As far as I know plants here still use visible light. Greenhouses use glass which doesn't let UV rays through (not completely) and plants do just fine. I asked for source and he hasn't provided shit.

Shit just made that point, missed your comment.

>a glass plane will block basically all the UV
Source? Just curious

Very windy though

Well except UVB.

Nvm some glass blocks UVA as well
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19614895

Correct. Plants absorb red and blue light, which is why they are green (the odd red leafed tree absorbs green instead of red). They do not use UV what so ever. These is no physical limit that makes them absorb the spectrum they do, it is just most efficient for them with our particular star.

>shit tier mass and radius for humans.
>red dwarf
>39 light years away
mmm nice discovery you got there. irrelevant shit with almost no chance of supporting life thx to that red dwarf and the shitty mass of some of those planets.

t. guy that doesnt understand how red dwarfs work.

What did the mexican intellectual mean by this?

The promised land

>5 billion years left meme
The expanding sun will make life impossible long before that. Earth has 800 million years at most before its oxygen disappears and everything asphyxiates.

Literally living in the golden hour all the time

Those masses are fine; their gravity would be almost identical to here.

the shit tier masses on some of those planets and the fact that they are under the shitty red dwarf makes it so they cant maintain a stable place for life to evolve.

sure but imagine the tidal forces between the bunch as those are alarmingly close distances

>almost half of the mass of earth and a similar radius.
>their gravity would be almost identical to here.
hmmm, really made me think

I don't want to fight off natives good we will bring the life

KEK
PLEASE LET PLANET D CONTAIN MINDWORMS

nah we are not going outside of this solar system in the next 200 years or more. i would be surprised if humanity is still around for actual space exploration.

laughed

Holy shit I'm starting to hate all these 'earth-like planet found' news. Like who gives a shit? Interstellar travel is impossible, we will never leave our solar system, so learning about the existance of such planets is about the same as reading about gnomes and elves, you'll never see them anyway, so they might as well not exist.

7 planets, 7 deportation camps, 1 solution.

>The moon's mass is 7.35 x 1022 kg, about 1.2 percent of Earth's mass. Put another way, Earth weighs 81 times more than the moon. The moon's density is 3.34 grams per cubic centimeter (3.34 g/cm3). That is about 60 percent of Earth's density.

>hmmm, really made me think

What did he think by this?

>Interstellar travel is impossible
at the moment yes
I believe our successors will do whatever it takes to reach nigger-free worlds

we dont know the density of those planets, but we do know that they have shit tier orbits under a shitty red dwarf/

Me on the right

>only to find spaceniggers
just because you left your niggers behind doesnt mean that there arent any spaceniggers out there.

76% is no where near half of our mass, and that is for the smallest one. Compare with Mars which has 1/3rd our gravity while being a tenth our mass.

ha but if you're far far away you could get away with xenocide willy nilly
unless your crewmates were spanish, they'd mix with the natives 100%

lel. for some reason the thought of a bunch of discs floating around in space is funny to me
>this is just a distraction from the real truth that the earth is hallow

Now THAT'S a better argument pedro. You can stay.

Oh sure obviously but for us it would be fine.

Liberals getting roasted ...

youtu.be/7MxhkNemkGc

>travelling faster than light
not possible, and irrelevant.
being able to achieve 0.8 - 0.9 c would be sufficient for interstellar travel due to time dilation.

But aren't they closer to the dwarf to compensate? I think that would result in around the same brightness as Earth, no?

>tidally locked
There's no life on those cunts I can assure you

you re switching planet radius with planet mass m8. and since we dont know the density of any of them we cant be sure of what type of gravity they are going to have.

Yes we do. We know the mass and the radius (thus volume). Do some math.

There's particles faster than the speed of light, common core math doesn't work anymore. You don't know what the government knows. The public Is using 60 year old algorithms, but in reality, they are irrelevant

Radius so we know volume. We also know mass. With volume and mass you get what? Oh yeah, density.

>Get in a space craft that travels close to the speed of light
>Go out a few hundred light years, collect some samples, come back
>Feels like you were gone a few years
>Get home
>Planet has been taken over by niggers.
>Everyone living in huts made of scrap metal and old AOL trial cds
>Land in the middle of what used to be Washington DC
>immediately swarmed and raped by human baboons as your ship is torn apart and fashioned into jewelry because its shiny

Damn. I'll stay here until we get wormholes down.

>Born too early

you cant know what type of core those planets have with only mass and radius.
they are tidally locked so nah, shit tier planets . also the light a red dwarf produces isn't the same

Not sure if you understand how gravity works.

Hey man, this is some cool shit. Our understanding of the universe has had a couple of major breakthroughs in the last couple of decades. For christ's sake. Just 20 years ago thought we where on the only planet that had water, now we know water is actually abundant across the universe.

Discoveries like this exponentially increases the chances of us not being alone in this thing. Which to me at least, is a pretty fucking cool idea. And interstellar travel might be impossible today, but i'm pretty sure we're gonna get there eventually.

Forget the tidal forces. I'd worry more about the sun being so damn close to the goldy lock exo planets. Inverse square law kinda dictates that there's a pretty significant chance of being assblasted off the planet by a solar flare. Red dwarfs aren't dormant at all as they appear to be.

kino af

Is this what that nasa announcement was about?

>Go 0.9 c
>Hit tiny space debris
>Whole ship instantly evaporated

yeah, they try to hype every single shit announcement they have so they can try and get more funding.

What if the alien's god is kek and the rest of the egipcian pantheon?

even at that speed it would still be possible to detect the obstacle and manouver around it

Vaporize it or change course slightly. Latter is probably best considering the gas/plasma left behind when hitting you would basically irradiate you, too much may kill you.

Like to see atheists try and defend the existence of THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND THE HOLY FATHER when clearly Earth was made by a divine creator that gave earth precisely 1 AU distance to the Sun. Checkmate atheists.

Checked
>07
Kek confirms, we are flat

>113840000
>40000
>40k

Well guys it seems we have an answer. Cant wait to crusade the shit out of ayy lmaos and heretics.